Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
has anyone used lumigan and had long term results? I know you can get length but then they can fall out and you have to start over again....so far mine have stayed long I have been using it since last Nov I think.

I could be wrong, but I think it's only been recently that Lumigan became available, so we're all pretty much guinea pigs here, trying it out and waiting to see what will happen.

On the upside, not everyone had the mass lash fallout with the commercial products, so I think there's hope that we can also figure out how to use the Lumigan long-term with no ill effects. I'm thinking that reducing the frequency of application and keeping our lashes/surrounding skin well conditioned may be all it takes. I'm hoping, anyway Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc
When you used Lumigan, did you use an oil or some type of conditioner with it?
When would I use the oil? Immediately after the Lumigan? On nites that I don't use it? I wear soft contacts so I wouldn't like to use it in the a.m. with them in!
TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my shipment of Lumigan and getting ready to start the journey to longer lusher lashes!
thanks for all the helpful hints. it's good to know that more -is not necessarily better with this product!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
lucyluc
When you used Lumigan, did you use an oil or some type of conditioner with it?
When would I use the oil? Immediately after the Lumigan? On nites that I don't use it? I wear soft contacts so I wouldn't like to use it in the a.m. with them in!
TIA

I'm not Lucyluc, but I apply the oil on the "off" nights, and sometimes I'll put some on after applying the Lumigan (I wait awhile for it to completely dry first). They both get applied in the evenings only.

I've only been using the Lumigan for 3 months now, but this has been working great so far Smile
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
isa09 wrote:
I just received my shipment of Lumigan and getting ready to start the journey to longer lusher lashes!
thanks for all the helpful hints. it's good to know that more -is not necessarily better with this product!

Yup - the "lazy" routine is actually GOOD this time Very Happy (I've never done that well with products that must be applied faithfully a billion times a day every day for months or years at a time)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I dont usually condition my lashes but I am going to start to since I am hoping it will help me keep my long lashes.
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I bought 2 bottles of Lumigan from All day chemist for $12 each. I have been using it each night for 2 weeks and already I can see a difference. They are thicker, longer and darker and I can't wait to see what they will look like after a few months!

I also dye them with an eyelash dye from boots (about £8.00, this just enhances them even more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the other day and thought all was well and thank God I checked my spam folder because I found this email from alldaychemist"
I would like to inform you that we are currently facing some problems in processing payments through credit card/s. You are thus requested to send us a personal check / money order / wire transfer for the amount of the order. Please note that a $5.00 discount will also be applied as per our current offer. The check / money order can be sent to us by regular mail which will cost you only about a Dollar. For your reference the details are enclosed herein:

Amount of the order (Original Order Amount after deducting $5.00): US$ 32.66

Has anyone had to do this? Should i trust them?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry it took me so long to see I had a questions. I did not hit the notify when replied button.

1000 hrs does come with an applicator but like the other poster I went to the drug store and bought a dental tool which looks like a TINY mascara brush and it works very well.

But what I want to know is where do I get the tiny eyeliner brush to apply the Lumigan? Walgreens have that in the make up brush aisle?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
I ordered the other day and thought all was well and thank God I checked my spam folder because I found this email from alldaychemist"
I would like to inform you that we are currently facing some problems in processing payments through credit card/s. You are thus requested to send us a personal check / money order / wire transfer for the amount of the order. Please note that a $5.00 discount will also be applied as per our current offer. The check / money order can be sent to us by regular mail which will cost you only about a Dollar. For your reference the details are enclosed herein:

Amount of the order (Original Order Amount after deducting $5.00): US$ 32.66

Has anyone had to do this? Should i trust them?

I actually may do the transfer thing to speed this up. Just want to confirm that the email was sent from kane@alldaychemist.com

Can anyone tell me if their emails from alldaychemist ever show this email address?
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
The emails I got from All Day Chemist were from info@alldaychemist.com, john@alldaychemist.com & cs@alldaychemist.com (customer support). So the format seems right for a person named Kane...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Sorry it took me so long to see I had a questions. I did not hit the notify when replied button.

1000 hrs does come with an applicator but like the other poster I went to the drug store and bought a dental tool which looks like a TINY mascara brush and it works very well.

But what I want to know is where do I get the tiny eyeliner brush to apply the Lumigan? Walgreens have that in the make up brush aisle?

I got my brush at a local craft store, but Wal Mart's craft section should have them too. It's actually a very tiny paint brush used for shading. Walgreens may also have something, but the shading brushes are smaller than any cosmetic brush I've ever seen (even the eyeliner brushes) and I wanted as much precision as possible.

I've never had that problem with Alldaychemist, but if they are still having problems when I make my next order (might be in a few days), I'll have no problem paying them another way. They're a trustworthy site and the email you got seems perfectly legit to me.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
3 days after I ordered from them I had to cancel my card as someone made an unauthorized charge to it. THAT could be what happened. I thought it would be ok but they prob did not charge it yet and tried but no card #.

I just emailed and told them of the situation and would they try again with my new card number to speed this up and not make me go through the trouble of western union.

Still waiting for a reply
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
wendy,
i got the same message last week (about sending a check)... i was going to cancel (had not ordered from ADC previously and was a bit skeptical), then my order arrived???
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I bought 2 brushes from the art supply section at Michael's craft store... much finer brushes than anything i'd seen at the cosmetic stores
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I got my lashes tinted today, so that I do not need to wear mascara and the lashes would still look good. The result is absolutely beautiful with low maintenance. Another lady that came after me to the salon immediately commented on my lashes. And those are just tinted lashes, no mascara!

I have been lengthening just upper lashes as I noticed that in ads advertising products for lashes they accentuate only upper lashes, and lower ones usually quite short. This way upper lashes look even longer.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:03 am      Reply with quote
isa09 wrote:
wendy,
i got the same message last week (about sending a check)... i was going to cancel (had not ordered from ADC previously and was a bit skeptical), then my order arrived???

The AllDayChemist thread has posts on this topic. It seems they must be having problems with the credit cards, but that possibly they are sending the orders prior to receiving payment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I bought a set of 4 tiny liner brushes from ichaels for under $5. I noticed this morning my top lashes are VERY long now...I may consider cutting now I dont want to look like a freak. Embarassed
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:10 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I bought a set of 4 tiny liner brushes from ichaels for under $5. I noticed this morning my top lashes are VERY long now...I may consider cutting now I dont want to look like a freak. Embarassed

Cant you take a right now picture, to show me your results? Smile

My other tread are delete for some reason - I had a question about this product. In Sweden this product are only available per doctor prescription. A drug used for green starr and makes the eyes ..hmm, cant find the right word..shrink..change pressure in the eye.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
sorry dont really know how to send pics. I just think they are a little too long at the corner end of the eyes, it dosnt look natural and do remember when I used JM 2 yrs ago people kept asking me if I was wearing false lashes.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
isa09 wrote:
wendy,

They just sent me an email with the tracking number for my shipment! They said to just go ahead and send in the payment with a $5 discount for my trouble. how wonderful is that?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
isa09 wrote:
wendy,

They just sent me an email with the tracking number for my shipment! They said to just go ahead and send in the payment with a $5 discount for my trouble. how wonderful is that?

I know, they have great customer service! And everything arrives very nicely packaged - you don't have to worry about things getting broken or smashed in transit.
isa09
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
anyone experiencing very dry eyes?
never had this problem before starting the lumigan
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
isa09 wrote:
anyone experiencing very dry eyes?
never had this problem before starting the lumigan

I don't have problems with dryness, but there are some redness and itchiness at the eye areas after using lumigan for 2 weeks.

I guess all those are the common side effects of lumigan... Confused
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you can try vitamin E, it can make eyelash growth

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |