Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Did this thread move?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Huh that is weird. I keep this in my watched topics list and when I clicked on it this AM it said it had been removed. Then it showed up again. Confused

Anyhoo. Started the castor oil and that stuff is so much richer than the emu oil. It really stays put. I got a small bottle for $2.99 at Whole Foods. That will last forever using it on my lashes.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wenrwdy, how do you apply the castor oil? Bottom of lashes or tips? How often? Morning and night? Does it get in your eyes?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I just smear it all along my lash line and lashes. Top and bottom. I'm using it AM and PM. I go much easier during the day so my make up won't slide off..

I have not started Lumigan yet but when I do I'll only use the oil at night. Zak said Easy Eye does not work well with oily products. Then I won't have to be careful with it. In the AM I will use it after the Lumigan. It is super thick.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
duh! I meant I have not received the Easy Eye yet. I've been using the Lumigan for a week. And you guys probably don't even know what that Easy Eye is anyway! I've got too many threads going on at the same time and I guess too many products that I'm confusing myself and others!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think I saw a thread on Easy Eye Solutions if that's what you're talking about. Is it not for eye bags? Let us know how the castor oil works for you.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I got mine on Thursday of last week and I started using it.
Yesterday and today my eyelids itch along the lash line so I have not used it for the last couple of days.
Qustion - for the people who had eyelid itching - how long does it last? Do you still have it?
Do you use the lumigan anyway?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I mis-undertood I think. WAs your itching from the Lumigan alone or are you using another product with it and having a reaction?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
I think I saw a thread on Easy Eye Solutions if that's what you're talking about. Is it not for eye bags? Let us know how the Castor oil works for you.

Easy eye Tuck and Dark Circle Treatment is an INSTANT solution to bags, dark circles and crepiness under the eye. Using the TWO products the Eye Tuck and Illuminating Eye Cream is a cumulative way to help it stay nice and smooth. These woman are really raving about it and how it changed their lives. Some who've had dark circles their entire lives from hereditary and now are bright. I'm still waiting on mine.

I think I am going to stop using my finger and get that tiny brush so I don't mix the two. I can't help but get the Lumigan on my lower lid when I apply it there.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
I got mine on Thursday of last week and I started using it.
Yesterday and today my eyelids itch along the lash line so I have not used it for the last couple of days.
Qustion - for the people who had eyelid itching - how long does it last? Do you still have it?
Do you use the lumigan anyway?

I had itching and redness too at the very beginning, so I backed off application to only 2 or 3 times per week. I still saw results and the redness/irritation went away completely. After about 4 to 6 weeks, I increased application to every other day, and I don't have any problems now.

Just apply it less often and see if that helps.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you- I will try that -

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all you lovely lash ladies! This is my first post on this board but I just recently ordered the Lumigan from ADC and am anxiously waiting its arrival. I plan on using jojoba oil on my lashes for conditioning on the off nights from Lumigan. I seem to recall having nice lashes years ago but with entering the fun journey of menopause at 49 I seem to have a few lashes left now and they are stick straight. I have seen a lash perm product but am hoping I won't need it as some of you have said that your lashes are curling also.
Kassy, your eyes are gorgeous and I can only hope to have lashes as beautiful as yours. Wish me luck and I plan on taking before pics to document my growth.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi charlieschick!

I'm pretty new around here as well, and waiting for my Lumigan to arrive - so maybe we can start off together!

Anyway, I've been using Ardell and Mavala eyelash growth stuff for two months already - and got some growth, thickness etc. so I may have a head start, unless you've been doing the same... Bad Grin

This is a wonderful thread for good info. on Lumigan application and advice (not to mention encouragement).

I plan on continuing the Ardell/Mavala (for the conditioning element) as I have them to hand - but castor oil and emu oil are also to hand as well, so will probably try them also...

Here's to setting off down the Lumigan road. Very Happy
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Well here i am several days later and my left eyelid swelled yesterday and still itches. So I am still taking time off from using the lumigan. I am doing hot wash cloth compress and washing my eyelids with babyshampoo in the shower. TRYING not to SCRATCH !!! ACK!!!!
Driving me crazy.
I don't know if it is a reaction from the lumigan - timing is right for it to be that- but i tend to have a reaction of some kind ot almost everything I try.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
To those of you who are using Ardell Lash conditioner with your Lumigan, where do you buy your Ardell? When I google it,the Ardel Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator (approx $4) comes up. Is that the same product?

5% products discount

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
To those of you who are using Ardell Lash conditioner with your Lumigan, where do you buy your Ardell? When I google it,the Ardel Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator (approx $4) comes up. Is that the same product?

You can find the Ardell lash conditioner at any drug store or convinience store. the price varies between $3.50-$5.00 or so.
Hope this helps
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
Well here i am several days later and my left eyelid swelled yesterday and still itches. So I am still taking time off from using the lumigan. I am doing hot wash cloth compress and washing my eyelids with babyshampoo in the shower. TRYING not to SCRATCH !!! ACK!!!!
Driving me crazy.
I don't know if it is a reaction from the lumigan - timing is right for it to be that- but i tend to have a reaction of some kind ot almost everything I try.

Cathy,
Bummer! that's not a good thing at all! I would not continue the Lumigan, of course, and see a Dr about it if it continues just in case you have something else going on there - a stye? pinkeye?

A good example for doing a patch test first before putting on your eye, I guess.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
Driving me crazy.

Poor IMCathy. That's no good is it? Personally, I would take anti-histamines to relieve the itching, provided you think it's reaction and not infection. I would also keep cool, and splash eyes with cold water regularly. Also consider some mild soothing ointment for the lid - something with chamomile in or similar, whatever your pharmacy reccomends.

Whatever the cause - I hope it settles down very soon. Shock
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:

Yes, that's the right product. Very Happy

If you can't find it in a store, other people get it atwww.drugstore.com or off ebay (as I did). Oh, amazon, as well.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
Driving me crazy.

Cathy, I actually had both of mine red and itching like that, so I feel your pain Neutral

Maybe you could try taking a break for awhile and not using the Lumigan at all. When your eyes are back to normal, start applying it only 3 times a week. For me, I just couldn't take take the itching and irritation so I decided right from the beginning that I wouldn't use it any more than 2 or 3 times weekly. If it worked, great, but if not, $12 is not a great loss. Luckily, it worked faster than expected, even with reduced application, and the itching and swelling went away completely.

Since then I've bumped it up to every other day, and my lashes have gotten a bit longer, but they were VERY short to start with, so I think I'm close to hitting my peak. Probably in another few weeks I'll go back to applying 2 or 3 times a week, as a maintenance routine.

Just give your eyes a break for awhile, and start back in more slowly when you're ready. And, as Fawnie said, if the problem persists even after you've stopped the Lumigan, you might want to check with your doc to make sure you don't have any other problems there.

hope you find some relief soon!
starriest
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
Driving me crazy.

Ouch. Be careful with this and see an eye doctor if it does not resolve.

I had this issue with the reformulation of Revitalash and also had it when I first started using Lumigan.

I found that if I was careful to get it more on the lash line and focus on the roots of the lashes, and tried to keep it off the skin as much as possible, then the irritation was not there or very minor.

Once you have the reaction under control, try again if you are up to it, but make sure you use a very fine eyeliner brush and do not use too much and keep it on the base of the lashes.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Looks like an order to Allday chemist for Lumigan has to happen! I hope this won't ramp up my erectile dysfunction emails Laughing

Just read this (months on)...too funny. I just ordered from alldaychemist. They have to be the most polite and charming people with excellent CS.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
can anyone tell us what store(s) they found Ardell in and where it was located in the store?

I know it's not in Walmart.....
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hey I'm still seeing Revitalash on ebay. Some say NEW formula and selling it for $199 or 5 for $300 and some say original, and some say 2008 formula.

Is the 2008 formula the original or new? Does the old one have Lumigan in it? Wasn't the new formula pretty much worthless?

And how are they getting their hands on the old one?
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 am      Reply with quote
From what I read - they removed the lumigan from the new formula - the FDA made them.
I don't know how these sites are getting the old ones to sell. Maybe when they found out the formula was going to change they bought up what some companies had before they were pulled from the shelves.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |