Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Mon May 18, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly! I feel like I'll be missing two weeks of school and the make-up work is gonna suck when I finally get back!
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
NishaGh1 wrote:
The thing is, I'm pretty sure my current bottle is infected because I keep getting sties from it.

I would help you, but me and my bottles are currently in Sweden so the shipping would take just as long as your original order.

I don't think you should assume your bottle is infected, though. I remember getting a lot of sties in the beginning (first 2 months) of using Lumigan. At month 3 (still on the same bottle), it subsided. Now, after 4 months, I rarely, if ever, get them.

I have heard from others they get sties too, so I believe it's just one of those annoying side effects from the oil-in-water Lumigan residue.
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Oh really??? Has anyone else gotten sties in the beginning?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
NishaGh1 wrote:
Oh really??? Has anyone else gotten sties in the beginning?

No way. That would've scared me off lumigan for sure. You guys that got stys and stuck it out with the lumigan are real go getters.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a sensation of 'something' under my upper left eyelid since I first started using these lash growth things. I don't know if its a stye or not, but as long as I don't fuss and fiddle with it, it gives little trouble. Almost feels like a small pimple there - but the sensation comes and goes.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
esteveze wrote:
I'm currently on week 8 of Lumigan.
I have to say that as I was sitting browsing the internet this past Monday, I happen to rub my right eye and 3 lashes came out at once WHAT!!!! Shock I was totally fricking-out...they came out from the same spot. I inmediatly went to the closest mirror to check and indeed just a little tiny gap (Now I'm afraid to wash my face in fear of loosing more). It seems that in that same spot r lashes growing (THANK GOODNESS)
So i have decided to reduce Lumigan application to 2X week.
In terms of growth I have to say that it is a big improvement. I see lots of long lashes. When I look closely I have 1-2 long lashes then some normal ones..then 1-2 long lashes then normal ones..and so on pattern..but toward the outer end of my eyes they are mostly all long lashes.
I guess I am going throu the normal eyelash sheadding cycle. so hopufully it will be over soon.
I have taken before pictures, (pretty bad ones) since when im trying to do a (macro shot) i get the shadow of the raised flash..(Bad photographer ME LOL), but i will def. take after shots so u all can see.
I'll try to take pics tonite if I feel better (I have seasonal allergies) and have been feeling like crap this last few days Sad
Ciao

Ok, well it happened to me yesterday - I'm in week 8 - and I got 5 lashes dropping all at once!! They were boring, thin ones, so maybe they're making way for more exciting ones... Crying or Very sad

AND they came from the slower growing right eye - where I have slightly less response to the Lumigan. Grrr.
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Nooooo! I just got my new bottles of Lumigan and today, 4 lashes came out when I was washing my face and two came out when I was putting sunscreen on. From the same eye! I was using Lumigan for a month, then stopped for two weeks because of the sties, and I've been using my new batch for three days. Technically, I'm at about the six-week mark, but for two of those weeks, I didn't even use Lumigan, so I've really only been using it for a month! Should I go to 2x a week or every other day already? WTH? I'm so pissed!
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Also, I don't really want to go to 2x a week because I heard that that's more of a maintenance kind of thing and you're supposed to do that when you've reached the desired length (which I haven't).
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
NishaGh1 wrote:
Also, I don't really want to go to 2x a week because I heard that that's more of a maintenance kind of thing and you're supposed to do that when you've reached the desired length (which I haven't).

Oh, you too? Ok, all I've gathered is that it may mean we are just getting accelerated growth temporarily - and I think I'll just try missing 1-2 nights, see if it settles down.

No, we're not ready for maintainance yet - I think we just need to cut back for a day or two.

Hope someone with more experience chimes in soon...

Don't panic!
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I hope so, too. It's hard not to panic when you've put so much time and effort into it.
esteveze
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have to report.. that my lashes are longer...
i have some that are soooo long (out of control) that when i put mascara it looks too funny LOL.
Still when i wash my face 1 lash might come out.. but i will say once a day..not as bad as the past weeks.
Also from the spots where i lost most, i already see LOTS of lashes growing almost to my normal(orginal non-lumigan days) lengh. LOTS of them...so i guess maybe those lashes that fall out were lashes that were at the fall out cycle..
I have taken pictures but i can not get any good one.. when im trying to use the MACRO or super MACRO it casts a shadow..
so the pictures are no good....
if someone tells me how to do it right i'll retake them.
well that is it for now.

later
andrina
5% products discount

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
esteveze wrote:
i have some that are soooo long (out of control) that when i put mascara it looks too funny LOL.
Still when i wash my face 1 lash might come out.. but i will say once a day..not as bad as the past weeks.
Also from the spots where i lost most, i already see LOTS of lashes growing almost to my normal(orginal non-lumigan days) lengh. LOTS of them...so i guess maybe those lashes that fall out were lashes that were at the fall out cycle..
I have taken pictures but i can not get any good one.. when im trying to use the MACRO or super MACRO it casts a shadow..
well that is it for now.

later

How many weeks have you been using (sounds funny Laughing)? and how often are you applying the lumigan now?

Just curious as I am trying to judge my progress on other peoples experiences.

I am loosing a few lashes into my 6th week, but it seems just like normal shedding to me at the moment. I am not sure when to go onto a maintenance programme, as my lashes don't seem long enough yet, but I don't want to have mass shedding either.

I guess this is just trial and error for all of us here, and it does help when we know other people are experiencing what we are and what they are doing to get the best results possible

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:
esteveze wrote:
well that is it for now.

later

How many weeks have you been using (sounds funny Laughing)? and how often are you applying the lumigan now?

I am loosing a few lashes into my 6th week, but it seems just like normal shedding to me at the moment. I am not sure when to go onto a maintenance programme, as my lashes don't seem long enough yet, but I don't want to have mass shedding either.

I guess this is just trial and error for all of us here, and it does help when we know other people are experiencing what we are and what they are doing to get the best results possible

Don't you just wish people would respond quicker to your posts? This place is like a ghost town nowadays.

Where are the alltime greats like Kassy_A, Fitfifty, Lowbrowscientist (last seen running away with a bottle of Rapidlash) and a few others, besides...

(BTW, Realself has gone mad and was muddling up all the posts tonight!).
andrina
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Semayden, I noticed that about Realself, I though it may have been me Confused

Actually I will be going away to Bali & Phuket in a couple of days. In Bali particularly internet access is really bad, so you probably wont hear from me for a while.

But I will be anxiously looking forward to reading all the new posts when I can log-on again. I know our hotel in Phuket has internet room access so I will be checking up on your progress from there. See keep us updated, we/I am interested in your progress. TTFN wave

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:16 am      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:

I'm on my 5th month now. I haven't experienced any crazy shedding, not more than you would expect from a "normal growth" perspective. But then again, I make sure I don't rub my eyes like I used to! And since I rarely use mascara anymore (no need - with my new lashes, mascara makes me look like a Polish hooker!), there is even less rubbing since I don't have to remove it at night.

I still use Lumigan every night, like before. There have been a few nights I missed, but overall, I stick to the same routine as when I first started.

It is my opinion that your lashes don't continue to grow longer and thicker, the longer you use the product. Rather, they reach a certain plateau at about 3 months on Lumigan and that will be as long as they will ever get. Lumigan only extends their life cycle somewhat, after a while they will shed no matter what, and the roots will start afresh with a new lash. (I have never heard of anyone who continues to get longer and better lashes after 4, 5, 6, 7 months... No, if you apply it religiously every night, after 3 months you have reached your full lash potential)

To sum it up, after 5 months, I have no shedding to speak of, but I certainly have very ugly reddish/purplish discolorations around my eyes (looks like I've been up crying all night). It is really ugly and I have to cover it with make-up if I want to look decent. But at least I do have killer lashes! Smile
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
What is this RealSelf you speak of?
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:
Semayden, I noticed that about Realself, I though it may have been me Confused

Actually I will be going away to Bali & Phuket in a couple of days. In Bali particularly internet access is really bad, so you probably wont hear from me for a while.

But I will be anxiously looking forward to reading all the new posts when I can log-on again. I know our hotel in Phuket has internet room access so I will be checking up on your progress from there. See keep us updated, we/I am interested in your progress. TTFN wave

Oooo, I'll miss ya! How long will you be gone?

Keep using the Lumigan, won't you!
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
andrina wrote:

I'm on my 5th month now. I haven't experienced any crazy shedding, not more than you would expect from a "normal growth" perspective. But then again, I make sure I don't rub my eyes like I used to! And since I rarely use mascara anymore (no need - with my new lashes, mascara makes me look like a Polish hooker!), there is even less rubbing since I don't have to remove it at night.

I still use Lumigan every night, like before. There have been a few nights I missed, but overall, I stick to the same routine as when I first started.

It is my opinion that your lashes don't continue to grow longer and thicker, the longer you use the product. Rather, they reach a certain plateau at about 3 months on Lumigan and that will be as long as they will ever get. Lumigan only extends their life cycle somewhat, after a while they will shed no matter what, and the roots will start afresh with a new lash. (I have never heard of anyone who continues to get longer and better lashes after 4, 5, 6, 7 months... No, if you apply it religiously every night, after 3 months you have reached your full lash potential)

To sum it up, after 5 months, I have no shedding to speak of, but I certainly have very ugly reddish/purplish discolorations around my eyes (looks like I've been up crying all night). It is really ugly and I have to cover it with make-up if I want to look decent. But at least I do have killer lashes! Smile

Thanks S/C, for the update. So, at 5 months you're still using Lumigan nightly, and getting no real shedding?

That's interesting, as many others complain about shedding around the 3 month mark - and cut back usage.

I've had no more shedding today, so hopefully my 12 shedding experience was a 'one off'!

I still have absolutely no discoloration of skin. Maybe that's yet to come?
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
NishaGh1 wrote:

NishaGh1, Realself is a site where people discuss and record their experiences with all sorts of things, from Botox to Lyposuction to Latisse (Lumigan).

There is a lively thread in there on the Latisse forum - and those of us using the Lumigan instead have been sharing for some weeks now. Come join us!
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
Thanks S/C, for the update. So, at 5 months you're still using Lumigan nightly, and getting no real shedding?

That's interesting, as many others complain about shedding around the 3 month mark - and cut back usage.

I've had no more shedding today, so hopefully my 12 shedding experience was a 'one off'!

I still have absolutely no discoloration of skin. Maybe that's yet to come?

semayden, correct, I don't have any noticeable shedding. Nothing beyond what I would consider "normal". I guess I lucked out on that one, but like I said, I do have horrific skin discoloration instead. And I just have your average medium light skin; not super fair or sensitive or anything. It's a drag.

Yes, I use Lumigan pretty much every night. There might be a night or two here and there where I skip it, but since Lumigan is practically free here in Sweden (socialized medicine), I don't have to be economical about it, so I have the luxury of using it as often as I want. If I was paying those $14 a bottle like you guys are paying, I would probably do it much less often by now. But as it stands, I see no reason to not use it every night, and it has become a habit.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
NishaGh1 wrote:

NishaGh1, Realself is a site where people discuss and record their experiences with all sorts of things, from Botox to Lyposuction to Latisse (Lumigan).

There is a lively thread in there on the Latisse forum - and those of us using the Lumigan instead have been sharing for some weeks now. Come join us!

They do a lot of censoring, don't they, in order to successfully promote their own doctors?

I also resent that in order to post a "Latisse Review", you have to state that you paid over $100 for it, even if you didn't! That just rubs me the wrong way:

# Cost must be at least US$100. If you were given it free or discounted, please add amount normally charged for it.

I mean, what the heck??!
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
semayden wrote:
NishaGh1 wrote:

They do a lot of censoring, don't they, in order to successfully promote their own doctors?

I also resent that in order to post a "Latisse Review", you have to state that you paid over $100 for it, even if you didn't! That just rubs me the wrong way:

# Cost must be at least US$100. If you were given it free or discounted, please add amount normally charged for it.

I mean, what the heck??!

I must admit I thought we would be censored, but the Lumigan thread is flourishing and admitting to purchasing Lumigan CHEAP at Alldaychemist - so, I don't know what to think anymore!

Yes, having to state the full cost of Latisse purchase is stupid. I was going to say that I'd blatantly lie about that when time came to do a proper review over there - but I can't do that, because the main thrust of the Lumigan thread is centred around the fact that nearly all of us there use ADC Lumigan! Bother!

However, the Lumigan thread on Realself is far and away the longest thread in the Latisse forum - and I am one of the most frequent posters, saying exactly what I am going through - for good or bad! I know, for a fact that I have never been censored (yet!). Bad Grin

Anyway, no more lash fall today, so lets hope that major losses don't occur for me again (I regard 12 lashes in 2-3 days as fairly major - never having experienced anything like that in my life!).
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
However, the Lumigan thread on Realself is far and away the longest thread in the Latisse forum - and I am one of the most frequent posters, saying exactly what I am going through - for good or bad! I know, for a fact that I have never been censored (yet!). Bad Grin

Anyway, no more lash fall today, so lets hope that major losses don't occur for me again (I regard 12 lashes in 2-3 days as fairly major - never having experienced anything like that in my life!).

I hope your lash shedding stops - I bet it is very frustrating after all that hard work!

Would you please give me the link to the specific "Lumigan" thread? I know the site, but I find it hard to navigate and search, since every thread splits up into sooo many comments and sub-threads. If I know where the rest of you hang out, I will join in too! Smile
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I hope your lash shedding stops - I bet it is very frustrating after all that hard work!

Would you please give me the link to the specific "Lumigan" thread? I know the site, but I find it hard to navigate and search, since every thread splits up into sooo many comments and sub-threads. If I know where the rest of you hang out, I will join in too! Smile

Yes, Swedish Charlotte, here you are. It's about 183 posts long and goes (at the moment) in one long column! I am Nipchick over there.

http://www.realself.com/review/latisse-well-worth-it-use-label-lumigan-because-its-cheaper?p=s#comments

Can I ask you for the name/link to the place where you get Lumigan in Sweden? I am also in Europe.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
[quote="semayden"]
Quote:
Yes, Swedish Charlotte, here you are. It's about 183 posts long and goes (at the moment) in one long column! I am Nipchick over there.

http://www.realself.com/review/latisse-well-worth-it-use-label-lumigan-because-its-cheaper?p=s#comments

Can I ask you for the name/link to the place where you get Lumigan in Sweden? I am also in Europe.

Thank you, I will sign up!

You can't get Lumigan over the counter here, you still have to have a Rx and go to the (state-run) pharmacies. It's as strict as it is in the States. BUT no Swedish citizen pays more than $180 for meds (that's the deductible) per year total, no matter how many drugs or what amount of them you pick up. After $180, everything else is free. So I pay nothing for my Lumigan and I have a doctor friend who writes me the Rx.

Some poorer countries in Southern Europe are happy to sell you whatever without a prescription; it's like Mexico, really, and it's cheap. But it's not very common in Northern Europe, except for in France where you can get stuff like Lumigan quite easily as long as you find a friendly pharmacist willing to do you a favor...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |