Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
misschaos

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
semayden wrote:
However, the Lumigan thread on Realself is far and away the longest thread in the Latisse forum - and I am one of the most frequent posters, saying exactly what I am going through - for good or bad! I know, for a fact that I have never been censored (yet!). Bad Grin

Anyway, no more lash fall today, so lets hope that major losses don't occur for me again (I regard 12 lashes in 2-3 days as fairly major - never having experienced anything like that in my life!).

I hope your lash shedding stops - I bet it is very frustrating after all that hard work!

Would you please give me the link to the specific "Lumigan" thread? I know the site, but I find it hard to navigate and search, since every thread splits up into sooo many comments and sub-threads. If I know where the rest of you hang out, I will join in too! Smile

They must've changed their rules. I tried to purchase some today and now AlldayChemist is stating to purchase lumigan you need to fax them a prescription. I've been buying from them for a while and thats the first time i've seen it. Anyone know of another good place i could buy some without a rx.. someplace cheap?
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
misschaos wrote:
They must've changed their rules. I tried to purchase some today and now AlldayChemist is stating to purchase lumigan you need to fax them a prescription. I've been buying from them for a while and thats the first time i've seen it. Anyone know of another good place i could buy some without a rx.. someplace cheap?

Wow, that¨s bad news. Since you already are an existing customer, can't you simply call them up and ask them to honor your "re-fill"... since you ARE buying the exact same product, after all, and you were approved before.

That's what I would try, first.

Maybe they have been getting thousands of Lumigan orders lately (from all of us brand new eyelash fanatics!) and are are getting a little wary?

As far as I know, Alldaychemist is the cheapest on-line place. Unless you have friends in third world countries who can pick up a few bottles for you...
misschaos

Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
misschaos wrote:

Wow, that¨s bad news. Since you already are an existing customer, can't you simply call them up and ask them to honor your "re-fill"... since you ARE buying the exact same product, after all, and you were approved before.

Maybe they have been getting thousands of Lumigan orders lately (from all of us brand new eyelash fanatics!) and are are getting a little wary?

As far as I know, Alldaychemist is the cheapest on-line place. Unless you have friends in third world countries who can pick up a few bottles for you...

they sent me an email saying my transaction was declined because it was incomplete (no rx forwarded maybe?) but were pretty vauge about it. i emailed them back for an explaination. They may be covering themselves since they've become pretty popular with people like us buying lumigan 'en mass'. strangely enough i dont see them requesting prescriptions for most other rx medication
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
misschaos, have you specifically ordered Lumigan before - or has it been other things? Just wondering, because some of the others have said that ADC always ask fo prescription info. on the Lumiagn page - but that they just fill out a couple of medical conditions and then press 'continue'. Also, I 've known them say that the name of an indian doctor is already printed somewhere on that page -and again, people are just pressing 'continue' and the order goes through.

Maybe try it and see.

If, however, you are saying that you've ordered the Lumigan before - and that there is definitely some new rule in place - then our source may have dried up! Help, what shall we do?!!
misschaos

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
misschaos, have you specifically ordered Lumigan before - or has it been other things? Just wondering, because some of the others have said that ADC always ask fo prescription info. on the Lumiagn page - but that they just fill out a couple of medical conditions and then press 'continue'. Also, I 've known them say that the name of an indian doctor is already printed somewhere on that page -and again, people are just pressing 'continue' and the order goes through.

Maybe try it and see.

If, however, you are saying that you've ordered the Lumigan before - and that there is definitely some new rule in place - then our source may have dried up! Help, what shall we do?!!

I've ordered it a few times before with no problem. I'll wait a few days and see if they email me back and then try again. I'm afraid that they may have changed the rules though.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any dark spots on the lashline from Lumigan? Do they go away?

I have one little dark dot on my lower lashes line Embarassed
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
misschaos wrote:
I've ordered it a few times before with no problem. I'll wait a few days and see if they email me back and then try again. I'm afraid that they may have changed the rules though.

Ok, I've had a look and you're right. My US friend says you are correct as well. So, our source has dried up. Great.

Well, I've just emailed them to ask about it, so will see what they say about it.

Meanwhile, I note that Travatan (Travaprost) is still available on ADC without prescription - for $25 a 2.5 ml vial! I believe it also perishes quicker than the Lumigan - but have heard of people using this with similar success.

I wonder if Inhousepharmacy have caved in as well? They are more expensive, but at least they were offering the Lumigan for £21.95 I think (sterling). That includes P&P, which helps - but it incurs import/customs duties in UK once we go over £18.

Bummer!
misschaos

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
misschaos wrote:

Ok, I've had a look and you're right. My US friend says you are correct as well. So, our source has dried up. Great.

Well, I've just emailed them to ask about it, so will see what they say about it.

Meanwhile, I note that Travatan (Travaprost) is still available on ADC without prescription - for $25 a 2.5 ml vial! I believe it also perishes quicker than the Lumigan - but have heard of people using this with similar success.

I wonder if Inhousepharmacy have caved in as well? They are more expensive, but at least they were offering the Lumigan for £21.95 I think (sterling). That includes P&P, which helps - but it incurs import/customs duties in UK once we go over £18.

Bummer!

I checked out inhousepharmacy and it mentioned something about faxing an rx? do you really need to?
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
misschaos wrote:
I checked out inhousepharmacy and it mentioned something about faxing an rx? do you really need to?

misschaos, I just checked it out and it specifically said no prescription needed!

http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/eyes/lumigan.html

Check it out about third of the way down page - in blue letters. I don't know why they have that picture up top left of page as it contradicts what I've just shown you...
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
misschaos wrote:

Bummer!

I emailed ADC about Retin-A and my failed order. They didn't even reply me. I sent them like 4 inquiries in 2 weeks with no reply at all.
misschaos

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
semayden wrote:
misschaos wrote:

Bummer!

I emailed ADC about Retin-A and my failed order. They didn't even reply me. I sent them like 4 inquiries in 2 weeks with no reply at all.

I have a feeling i wont be hearing back from them. They havent been very responsive in the past when i've had questions.. unless it had to do with payment lol

well im definitely going to miss their prices. ive been looking all over and i cant find anyone as cheap as them Crying or Very sad
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:32 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

Travatan has the exactly the same "side effects", it's used to treat Glaucoma just like Lumigan (it's the "sister drug", from a competing drug maker), and apparently works equally well for our purposes, BUT, indeed, it costs a tad more for a smaller bottle.

My guess is that the difference in life span is just due to how the 2 different companies label their products. I see no reason why it wouldn't last just as long (or short) as Lumigan. They are very close in their chemical composition.

I'm sure many people would go for either one, if the cost was the same. I think Lumigan got all the attention only because it has a more reasonable price - and is the one Latisse is based on.

Travatan is the neglected step sister - but with the same fabulous "genes" as her more glamorous sibling! Wink
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:05 am      Reply with quote
misschaos wrote:
funkydory wrote:
semayden wrote:
misschaos wrote:

Bummer!

I have a feeling i wont be hearing back from them. They havent been very responsive in the past when i've had questions.. unless it had to do with payment lol

well im definitely going to miss their prices. ive been looking all over and i cant find anyone as cheap as them Crying or Very sad

This is big news. I'm going to start a thread on it.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
misschaos wrote:
funkydory wrote:
semayden wrote:
misschaos wrote:

Bummer!

This is big news. I'm going to start a thread on it.

Yes, good idea. Maybe we can find some sources. I'm already checking a couple out and will post here/in the new thread, if they are viable!
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
misschaos wrote:
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
misschaos wrote:

they sent me an email saying my transaction was declined because it was incomplete (no rx forwarded maybe?) but were pretty vauge about it. i emailed them back for an explaination. They may be covering themselves since they've become pretty popular with people like us buying lumigan 'en mass'. strangely enough i dont see them requesting prescriptions for most other rx medication

They always do that - or at least I always get that e-mail. It's probably because payment hasn't been made yet. That was always the reason for me, but I knew they had CC processing problems so I would hit, "Submit," with the idea that I'd mail in a money order/check. After I get that e-mail, I just respond saying that my payment is on the way and they usually go ahead and send the order even before I pay them.
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if some Latisse/Allergan officials saw on the RealSelf forum that we were getting cheap Lumigan from ADC and went after them, like they did to the other companies that were using Bimatoprost in their serums. I get that it's their product and all and that they have a right to it, but really, these people are jerks. There is no reason Latisse should be $100+. I hate money-hungry pricks.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:56 am      Reply with quote
NishaGh1 wrote:
I get that it's their product and all and that they have a right to it, but really, these people are jerks. There is no reason Latisse should be $100+. I hate money-hungry pricks.

They did EXACTLY the same thing with Botox, when they re-vamped it and started offering it for wrinkle treatments for a ridiculous price.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:15 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:

Yes, Swedish Charlotte, here you are. It's about 183 posts long and goes (at the moment) in one long column! I am Nipchick over there.

This Realself board censored my post when I pointed out that the "Bambilash" poster was just using the board for spamming!! This is crazy.

All his posts were touting his own website - and the board is removing MY post. How annoying. Meh.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:44 am      Reply with quote
misschaos wrote:
funkydory wrote:
semayden wrote:
misschaos wrote:

Bummer!

I don't know if you've seen it yet but there is a thread on ADC in the Lounge section. Some people have heard from them lately.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
So, who was the last person to successfully order lumigan from ADC?

My order confirmation came through just fine, but I am waiting to mail my payment for a bit to see if I get some kind of order declined message.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
semayden wrote:

Yes, Swedish Charlotte, here you are. It's about 183 posts long and goes (at the moment) in one long column! I am Nipchick over there.

This Realself board censored my post when I pointed out that the "Bambilash" poster was just using the board for spamming!! This is crazy.

All his posts were touting his own website - and the board is removing MY post. How annoying. Meh.

What are you talking about SC? I've been there twice this afternoon, and both times (and just a minute ago) YOUR post is standing. HIS are gone, as far as I can tell.

The ADC R# or no R# debate is looking interesting. I hope we hear back soon from someone - with the good news that ADC have just been asked to put R# required, but will be carrying on business as usual (on the side. How can Allergan enforce their own wishes on a co. based in India? Or can Allergan make things difficult for the US suppliers to ADC? That's a possibility, I suppose...
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:56 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
What are you talking about SC? I've been there twice this afternoon, and both times (and just a minute ago) YOUR post is standing. HIS are gone, as far as I can tell.

YES!! You are right! I guess it took a full 48 hours for it to get posted ("awaiting moderator's approval") and for them to act on his spam... (hey, I don't mind spam if it's a good price, but his certainly wasn't)

semayden wrote:
The ADC R# or no R# debate is looking interesting. I hope we hear back soon from someone - with the good news that ADC have just been asked to put R# required, but will be carrying on business as usual (on the side. How can Allergan enforce their own wishes on a co. based in India? Or can Allergan make things difficult for the US suppliers to ADC? That's a possibility, I suppose...

I suppose Allergan can make their life very difficult by threaten to file a complaint with US Customs that ADC is selling Rx meds without a Rx, to US customers - which would be illegal.

However, I bet any Rx from any country would work just fine, legitimate or not. ADC just want to save their butts. I can Photoshop a genuine Swedish prescription form very easily, and you can all fill in your own names and submit that, haha.
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
So far, I have not received any kind of message that my order was not being processed. I guess I will go ahead and send in my check.
esteveze
5% products discount

Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
andrina wrote:
esteveze wrote:
I have to report.. that my lashes are longer...
i have some that are soooo long (out of control) that when i put mascara it looks too funny LOL.
Still when i wash my face 1 lash might come out.. but i will say once a day..not as bad as the past weeks.
Also from the spots where i lost most, i already see LOTS of lashes growing almost to my normal(orginal non-lumigan days) lengh. LOTS of them...so i guess maybe those lashes that fall out were lashes that were at the fall out cycle..
I have taken pictures but i can not get any good one.. when im trying to use the MACRO or super MACRO it casts a shadow..
so the pictures are no good....
if someone tells me how to do it right i'll retake them.
well that is it for now.

later

How many weeks have you been using (sounds funny Laughing)? and how often are you applying the lumigan now?

Just curious as I am trying to judge my progress on other peoples experiences.

I am loosing a few lashes into my 6th week, but it seems just like normal shedding to me at the moment. I am not sure when to go onto a maintenance programme, as my lashes don't seem long enough yet, but I don't want to have mass shedding either.

I guess this is just trial and error for all of us here, and it does help when we know other people are experiencing what we are and what they are doing to get the best results possible

ANDRINA

Sorry i did not reply to your question earlier.. just crazy busy..and with a troat infection for weeks ..sniff sniff
ok..so i have been using lumigan for 12 weeks. but i have to say that in the last 4 weeks or so i am only applying 2x/week.
To me was reducing the app;ication time..or loosing all my lashes at once... Crying or Very sad
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Just to update you girls, I finally got a reply from ADC regarding my order!

So I guess they just take really long to respond to emails
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |