Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I´m using Lumigan since April. I can see a huge difference when I look (with the help of a mirror) from above on my lashes. There seem to be much more then before and they are also a bit longer when I look from the side. When I put some mascara on I don´t need so many layers any more and they look great. But I´m still hoping for more growth...so that they will be great also without mascara on it....
I´m also applying Lumigan in the mornings now...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
migi wrote:
Hello,
I´m using Lumigan since April. I can see a huge difference when I look (with the help of a mirror) from above on my lashes. There seem to be much more then before and they are also a bit longer when I look from the side. When I put some mascara on I don´t need so many layers any more and they look great. But I´m still hoping for more growth...so that they will be great also without mascara on it....

Hi migi, I noticed results within 2 months also however at 4 months I saw about a 50% length improvement and about a 30% improvement in thickness. The change was significant enough that I had to change my mascara:-)

I only use lumigan 3 times a week at night because further back in this thread a few users noticed that with over use their lashes actually fell out and were spindly. You may want to back off a bit and wait to see how things progress in 16 weeks!

Also, there are before and afters at 4, 8, 12 and 16 weeks on the latisse web site.

Have fun with your new lashes!
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I asked ADC what the position was - regarding R# Lumigan - and I enclose that email plus their reply, below. I think I may be right, and that they have had pressure put upon them by their suppliers on behalf of Allergan - and that ADC are going to step around this issue by saying one thing on their site (i.e. need R#) but doing another when it comes to encouraging business... Idea Laughing Bad Grin

What do people think?

----- Original Message -----
To: info@alldaychemist.com
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2009 6:48 AM
Subject: Lumigan?

Hallo to all,

Please can you tell me why you are now asking for prescription for Lumigan? I am afraid I will not be able to supply you with this - and will be unable to avail myself of your excellent price with the Lumigan in future. This makes me very sad, as I think you are a great site!

Regards,
X

Re: Lumigan?‏
Sent: 10 June 2009 13:26:01
To: X
(X@hotmail.co.uk)

Dear X

Thank you for the recent mail.

We do not require prescription to ship the same. However, we can only ship the medication to you if you send us a mail saying that the product is for your personal non-commercial use and is meant for an indication of this product.

With warm regards

ANUJ
Tel (US): 1-213-291-2588
1-213-814-1441
zaney63
5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All:
I have not posted for a long time but I have been following this thread for a while. My last order from ADC was received on May 30. No problems except it took a little over a month to get here. Their explanation was that the order was shipped from the US to me (in Canada)rather than from India because of problems with Canadian customs. After reading some of the reports of problems from other members I decided I better order again to find out if things have changed at ADC. My order went through as before. I paid with a credit card. I find that there response to emails and phone calls are not as prompt as they used to be but otherwise I like dealing with them and hope they don't change. Hope this helps.
regards.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
migi wrote:
Hello,

Hi migi, I noticed results within 2 months also however at 4 months I saw about a 50% length improvement and about a 30% improvement in thickness. The change was significant enough that I had to change my mascara:-)

I only use lumigan 3 times a week at night because further back in this thread a few users noticed that with over use their lashes actually fell out and were spindly. You may want to back off a bit and wait to see how things progress in 16 weeks!

Also, there are before and afters at 4, 8, 12 and 16 weeks on the latisse web site.

Have fun with your new lashes!

@Batwhirl:
Oh, you are giving me new hope! Smile It would be great if they grew also after 4 months! I will be patient! I´m also curious, if now that I apply it only in the morning, I´ll have better results Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="migi@Batwhirl:
Oh, you are giving me new hope! Smile It would be great if they grew also after 4 months! I will be patient! I´m also curious, if now that I apply it only in the morning, I´ll have better results Smile[/quote]

Cool! One more aside...I've read somewhere that lumigan is most effective if used at night;-) Something about the growth cycle!
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
@ Batwhirl:
I´m confused about this because a couple of pages before in this thread saying that a Dr. Lorrie Klein found it to be more effective in the morning. Rolling Eyes I will try it and see if there´s a difference Smile

5% products discount

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
migi wrote:
@ Batwhirl:
I´m confused about this because a couple of pages before in this thread saying that a Dr. Lorrie Klein found it to be more effective in the morning. Rolling Eyes I will try it and see if there´s a difference Smile

Yeah, I read that, too. I still do mine at night, though, since I am always running late in the morning. In fact, I put my sunscreen and make-up on in the car.
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
NishaGh1 wrote:
migi wrote:
@ Batwhirl:

Yeah, I read that, too. I still do mine at night, though, since I am always running late in the morning. In fact, I put my sunscreen and make-up on in the car.

Unfortunately, I can´t do that in my car. I live in Italy - and people drive like crazy here! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
NishaGh1 wrote:
migi wrote:
@ Batwhirl:

Always so much information:-) Rolling Eyes Drive careful Wink
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I posted this in the Lumigan needs prescription thread. But actually it belongs here

I got a reply from ADC that confirms that they dont need a prescription. So I think they just put that on the website to cover their butts

Quote:
Dear XXX

We have enough supply of Lumigan, you can place your order online.
Also we do not require presciptions to ship orders.

With warm regards

ANUJ

YAY! I might order one to try
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:49 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
I posted this in the Lumigan needs prescription thread. But actually it belongs here

I got a reply from ADC that confirms that they dont need a prescription. So I think they just put that on the website to cover their butts

Quote:
Dear XXX

With warm regards

ANUJ

Who else thinks that ADC will very soon start jacking up their prices for Lumigan? Now that everybody is writing in and praising them for their "low price" they would be idiots if they don't realize what's going on, and check to see what the competition is charging for the same product, and adjust their prices closer to that. They would still keep all of their newfound customers, yet make a killing in sales.

Supply and demand... Mark my words...
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:59 am      Reply with quote
On the contrary, I dont think they will because their shipping is VERY expensive.

If they increase their price, it wont really be any cheaper buying from them esp with all the credit card issues they face.

I wired them money and even though they gave me a $5 discount, I incurred about $12 wiring fees.

And medicine is REALLY cheap in India, if you have friends in India, they can get them for you at about the same price or cheaper and cheaper shipping. The next time round my friends go to India (about 2 months time) I'll ask him to stock up!!!
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:
On the contrary, I dont think they will.
And medicine is REALLY cheap in India, if you have friends in India, they can get them for you at about the same price or cheaper and cheaper shipping. The next time round my friends go to India (about 2 months time) I'll ask him to stock up!!!

Yes, it is very cheap everywhere in the world except for in the USA, as always... It's insane how the drug companies rip Americans off.
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
funkydory wrote:

Quote:
Dear XXX

With warm regards

ANUJ

Who else thinks that ADC will very soon start jacking up their prices for Lumigan? Now that everybody is writing in and praising them for their "low price" they would be idiots if they don't realize what's going on, and check to see what the competition is charging for the same product, and adjust their prices closer to that. They would still keep all of their newfound customers, yet make a killing in sales.

Supply and demand... Mark my words...

Hi Swedish_Charlotte,

I don't think adc will increase the pricing. We compared pricing for other drugs offered such as Plavix and it is considerably lower than here...I think about 80% less than our insurance pricing...even if they did it is still a score considering that Latisse here costs $120:-)

Have a great day fellow lashie!
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
batwhirl wrote:
I don't think adc will increase the pricing.......even if they did it is still a score considering that Latisse here costs $120:-)

Have a great day fellow lashie!

Yes, but who in their right mind would buy Latisse when there is Lumigan?? That's just crazy.

But, either way, I hope you are right about ADC. Otherwise, it's time to find a reliable Mexican pharmacy that also does mail-order, even if they don't have a regular on-line shop.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
My order from ADC came quickly, probably less than two weeks - with Lumigan and no issues with a prescription, etc.

How come they men aren't all over this wanting to try it on their bald heads?

BF
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
My order from ADC came quickly, probably less than two weeks - with Lumigan and no issues with a prescription, etc.

BF

Cause they'd need a bottle a day. Laughing
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I appreciate this forum for this informative Lumigan post.

I too bought some Lumigan and Travoprost from alldaychemist and I have been using the mix on my eyelashes and eyebrows for the last month. So far my eyelash growth has been minimal at best. I am trying to be patient! My eyebrows have darkened especially in the outer arches where they tend to be sparse. I am hoping the combination of the 2 chemicals will enhance the growth. So far I experienced minimal lash shedding that started in the first week or so and tapered off.

I was very worried that alldaychemist had changed its policies on requiring a prescription but I am very glad to see that it is not the case. I wonder if they are trying to deter some unscrupulous "medspa" from buying it inexpensively from India and trying to sell it in the US? From the little research I have done, it is legal to purchase medication for personal use. I have been buying medication regularly from Tijuana, Mexico. You just have to follow the laws of the country you are buying from so if they don't require a prescription then you don't need one to bring it across the border.
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Like someone else said, they would need a bottle a day. It would become a very expensive regimen.

So they use Rogaine.
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
ammoniasmith wrote:
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I appreciate this forum for this informative Lumigan post.

I too bought some Lumigan and Travoprost from alldaychemist and I have been using the mix on my eyelashes and eyebrows for the last month. So far my eyelash growth has been minimal at best. I am trying to be patient! My eyebrows have darkened especially in the outer arches where they tend to be sparse. I am hoping the combination of the 2 chemicals will enhance the growth. So far I experienced minimal lash shedding that started in the first week or so and tapered off.

I was very worried that alldaychemist had changed its policies on requiring a prescription but I am very glad to see that it is not the case. I wonder if they are trying to deter some unscrupulous "medspa" from buying it inexpensively from India and trying to sell it in the US? From the little research I have done, it is legal to purchase medication for personal use. I have been buying medication regularly from Tijuana, Mexico. You just have to follow the laws of the country you are buying from so if they don't require a prescription then you don't need one to bring it across the border.

Hi ammoniasmith, You are right, you must be patient! I am very pleased with my results using Lumigan. I noticed minor results about month 2 and by month 3 and 4 the results were great...give it some time as hard as that is to do:-)
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm bored with waiting for my lashes to become spectacular!

I'm at 9 weeks now - and that's after 3 months of Ardell/Mavala lash growth things... Rolling Eyes
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
I'm bored with waiting for my lashes to become spectacular!

I'm at 9 weeks now - and that's after 3 months of Ardell/Mavala lash growth things... Rolling Eyes

You should try Lumigan! You get results in 2 weeks
Swedish_Charlotte
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
funkydory wrote:

Two weeks is a little exaggerated. The hair must get a chance to grow out.

I say, noticable longer hairs after 8 weeks (maybe not to the rest of the world, but to you).

And at 12 weeks you will look really good and can skip the mascara.

I noticed my lashes growing out quicker than the darkening effect kicked in. But now, after 4, 5 months, my lashes are also very dark. They are not very think, more long and spindly, but noticeably darker (and I'm a blonde!). Of course I still have the purple/reddish skin discoloration around my eyes, which SUCKS and appears to have become permanent.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
funkydory wrote:

Two weeks is a little exaggerated. The hair must get a chance to grow out.

I say, noticable longer hairs after 8 weeks (maybe not to the rest of the world, but to you).

And at 12 weeks you will look really good and can skip the mascara.

I noticed my lashes growing out quicker than the darkening effect kicked in. But now, after 4, 5 months, my lashes are also very dark. They are not very think, more long and spindly, but noticeably darker (and I'm a blonde!). Of course I still have the purple/reddish skin discoloration around my eyes, which SUCKS and appears to have become permanent.

My friend is on Lumigan and in 2 weeks you can see it growing. I’m not saying that it will grow its full length, but you’ll def see some growth within 2 weeks. Of course to make the most out of it, maximum results are at 16 weeks. You can look on youtube for many videos where users have reported a growth in their lashes within 2 weeks.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |