Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
ljk, doesn't the Lumigan have to penetrate the follicle?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
ljk, doesn't the Lumigan have to penetrate the follicle?

I've never used Lumigan before, but I'll let you know how it goes. No way do I want panda/bruised looking eyes!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Wenrow, yes, that is what it is for. I haven't injected yet (plan to tomorrow or Friday).

WOW! I remember seeing it available on the net. HOW on earth do you know where to inject? Do you use it for lips only or troughs or both? Did you train for it?

I am SO intrigued!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I will only inject it into a small depression that I have on one side of my mouth to begin with. Eventually, I'd like to put it in my NL folds. I have watched the videos on You Tube over and over. If I don't feel confident, I won't do it.
A lot of women are self-injecting, but an even greater number think they're nuts!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
A lot of women are self-injecting, but an even greater number think they're nuts!

Wow, I too am very intrigued by this. Where do you order Restylane?

I always wanted to do my own Botox, because it would be ridiculously easy. I would be able to get my hands on a bottle thanks to my doctor friends, the problem being that the bottle expires quickly once it is opened and you really need to be a whole bunch of girls sharing, to justify the price of the bottle...
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I'm waiting on my Lumigan from ADC too, and a bit worried about the pigmentation stories!

I'm going to put vaseline around my eyes before I brush Lumigan through my lashes, like I do when I dye my lashes at home.

That's a good idea!
NishaGh1
5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I will only inject it into a small depression that I have on one side of my mouth to begin with. Eventually, I'd like to put it in my NL folds. I have watched the videos on You Tube over and over. If I don't feel confident, I won't do it.

Oh my gosh...I want to do this!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:
Antonia wrote:

Wow, I too am very intrigued by this. Where do you order Restylane?

I always wanted to do my own Botox, because it would be ridiculously easy. I would be able to get my hands on a bottle thanks to my doctor friends, the problem being that the bottle expires quickly once it is opened and you really need to be a whole bunch of girls sharing, to justify the price of the bottle...

SC, I ordered mine from a Canadian pharmacy as, in BC at least, it is considered off-script as it is a medical device. I think you have to have a script in the US though. (I just checked and I see that the websites that sell it are all asking for a prescription. If you call though, you may find this is not the case.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

SC, I ordered mine from a Canadian pharmacy as, in BC at least, it is considered off-script as it is a medical device. I think you have to have a script in the US though.

Well, I'm not in the US though - far from it.

Which Canadian web pharmacy sells Restylane?

You have to let us know how it goes!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
http://www.canadapharmacy.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product/product_id/5525.htm Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
http://www.canadapharmacy.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product/product_id/5525.htm Very Happy

ah. thank you Smile Expensive, though. Restylane is actually made by a Swedish company, Q-Med. It costs plenty less (half) here in Sweden, but then again they only sell to doctors, so I would have to ask my MD friend to order it...

Do keep us updated Antonia.. This is a great idea. Do-it-yourself injectables, cut out the middle man... Who would have thought?[i]
JoeyVoice
5% products discount

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious...could you use oragel to numb the lips?? Ice? I don't know if I could do it if I wasn't numbed in some sorta way.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there...I haven't done it yet because I want to set up my camera and record it. You should use something strong like Emla. I'd be terrified of injecting my lips. They are just too sensitive. I'd need a dental block. Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hi there...I haven't done it yet because I want to set up my camera and record it. You should use something strong like Emla. I'd be terrified of injecting my lips. They are just too sensitive. I'd need a dental block. Crying or Very sad

Pretty sure Restylane comes with a good built-in numbing agent, I've had it done (lips) and there was no additional Emla cream required..

BUT, if I were to do it myself, I would probably go for some topical numbing as well...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
My Resty doesn't have a numbing agent, SC... It's just hyaluronic Acid and buffered saline. Juvéderm has a numbing agent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
My Resty doesn't have a numbing agent, SC... It's just hyaluronic Acid and buffered saline. Juvéderm has a numbing agent.

Please take pics of this as a before and after OK? I know you are doing a video but pics are good too.
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
This is fascinating (DIY injectables). How do you determine how deep the needle needs to go into the skin? Or how much is needed to be effective?

Please keep us posted, Antonia!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
There have been a few threads on this topic on other forums. I think that the You Tube vids of people injecting are very helpful. I'm not advocating it as I think you would have to be very confident that you would do it right, and only inject tiny areas to start with. That said, there are many women who feel that their docs or technicians never seen to get it in the "right" place, which has been my problem with a dimple to one side of my mouth. I would watch the vids, as well as those on the Resty sites, before attempting this at home Very Happy

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
hello all. my friend bought some lumigan from all day chemist and on the box it states 'for external use only'..... if it is for glaucoma, why would it state that on the box? I'm confused...
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
netizen2 wrote:
hello all. my friend bought some lumigan from all day chemist and on the box it states 'for external use only'..... if it is for glaucoma, why would it state that on the box? I'm confused...

"For external use only" means you're not supposed to ingest, inhale or inject the product. In other words you don't eat it or drink it, put it in your mouth, squirt it in your nose or shoot it into a vein ... Laughing

Putting eyedrops in eyes counts as external use.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
that makes sense!!
netizen2

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
thank you so much!
netizen2

thank you so much!
netizen2

thank you so much!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Metaphora wrote:
netizen2 wrote:

"For external use only" means you're not supposed to ingest, inhale or inject the product. In other words you don't eat it or drink it, put it in your mouth, squirt it in your nose or shoot it into a vein ... Laughing

Putting eyedrops in eyes counts as external use.

Laughing Laughing Laughing I'd hate to have even hairier nostrils through squirting it in my nose, believe me...

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |