Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Lumigan for eyelash growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
HopeIsNotEnough
5% products discount

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies! Newbie here...

I ordered the generic (careprost) latisse from ADC and received it a few days ago... Been applying it with the thinnest brush I found at AC Moore for the past three nights... So far - slight dryness but no redness (although my eyes are usually VERY senstitive)
Questions:
- Has anyone else here used the generic latisse from ADC yet?
- Is there anyway to get the liquid on my brush without putting a drop in the cap (or a small clean container as I have been using)? So far I've had an IMPOSSIBLE time finishing my one drop.. I don't need it on the eyebrows so I've using an apply... let dry (while I apply my finacea) and then apply again to try to finish the liquid.. but it's still too much! I guess b/c my brush is so thin. Anyhow, my plan tonight is to squeeze out the drop but not to the point where it actually drops out, dip my brush in that and then let it retract - Think this will work???

Will keep everyone posted on my progress and tips always welcome =)

Also, the side effect of most concern to me is the eyelid discoloring and cirlces, etc (I already have dark brown eyes so no cosmetic concern with iris darkening).

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have been turning the bottle over, squeezing out the tiniest bit, touch that to the brush and let it absorb. I know I am increasing the chances of contaminating the bottle but I cannot use up a full drop either. I wash my brush after every use so I am probably safe.

I am on the fourth month on the same bottle!
HopeIsNotEnough
5% products discount

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
ammoniasmith wrote:
I have been turning the bottle over, squeezing out the tiniest bit, touch that to the brush and let it absorb. I know I am increasing the chances of contaminating the bottle but I cannot use up a full drop either. I wash my brush after every use so I am probably safe.

I am on the fourth month on the same bottle!

Thanks! This method worked out great last night... didn't have to spend half an hour trying to finish up the drop =) Hopefully washing and keeping our brushes clean will keep our bottles sterile!
About that - how do you ladies wash your brushes.. just with hot water? That's what I've been doing because I don't want soap or shampoos to reach chemically with the latisse.

Has anyone else been experiencing discomfort mainly in the outer corners of the eyes? During my past few days of applying latisse, I've been feeling a tightness/dryness in the outer corners all day.
When I apply the solution, I try to stay away from the inner corners (only a quick swipe when the brush isn't too wet) in hopes of avoiding too much of it getting near my tear ducts. And I think I may also be focusing on the outer corners more (subconsciously) because when I picture the perfect lashes, I always envision them to have most length and thickness at the outer corners.
Anyway, the dryness is only a slight discomfort... I'm just curious as why its only in one part of my eye.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
My eyelashes are definitely longer now, but they are still straight! Confused
TraceyTracey

Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have just removed my eyelash extensions after about 4 months... they looked amazing when first applied, but soon kept falling out and required up keep visits to the beautician which was costing me a bomb... so I bought some lumigan to help grow my lashes. When I removed the extensions, I have realised that the extensions were actually falling away and taking with them some of my original lashes, therefore I have a short re-growth.. :O(

I have been applying the lumigan for 5 days, morning and night... but I see from this thread that at 4 months people are seeing their lashes shedding and the growth appearing sparse... what are your suggestions in hindsight for a newbie.... any suggestions from long time users grateful... many thanks, Tracey :O)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Tracy - For the first two months you should apply 1X daily. For the second two months cut application to about 3X per week. By the fifth month 1X a week. This way you trick your eyelash follicles into not falling out. The cycle of growth will somehow work out better and you won't have the loss - that's the idea anyway.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Tracy - For the first two months you should apply 1X daily. For the second two months cut application to about 3X per week. By the fifth month 1X a week. This way you trick your eyelash follicles into not falling out. The cycle of growth will somehow work out better and you won't have the loss - that's the idea anyway.

Thanks... I will start once a day now and make a note.. thank you.

One more question.. so after the fifth month... do I just carry on with 1x a week permanently? or change. thanks :O)
HopeIsNotEnough
5% products discount

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I am in the same newbie category as Tracy so I will use your advice too Smile How long have you been using lumigan? Has this process prevented or kept the lash fallout to a minimum for you?
Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Not so sure this works for everybody. Didn't work for me at all - the second I started cutting back on my applications (at 4 months), my lashes started falling off. Now I'm back to once daily, and my lashes stay put and look great (although my eyelids are a scary red color).

The truth is, no one really knows yet how to best use Lumigan for lashes, since it's such a new product as far as beauty products go. The maker, Allergan, certainly don't. They don't even reveal the severity of the side effects.

It's all trial and error.
HopeIsNotEnough
5% products discount

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Swedish_Charlotte wrote:

Not so sure this works for everybody. Didn't work for me at all - the second I started cutting back on my applications (at 4 months), my lashes started falling off. Now I'm back to once daily, and my lashes stay put and look great (although my eyelids are a scary red color).

The truth is, no one really knows yet how to best use Lumigan for lashes, since it's such a new product as far as beauty products go. The maker, Allergan, certainly don't. They don't even reveal the severity of the side effects.

It's all trial and error.

Hi Charlotte!

I pretty much read this whole thread before joining in so I've been following your progress (sounds so stalkerish lol). A few pages ago you had been talking about your lashes not being so long anymore.. is this still the case or did they grow back to a longer length again??

Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Are any lumigan users having their long eyelashes permed and at what stage...

Please can I have your suggestions/recommendations/tips.... Thanks :O)
JoeyVoice
5% products discount

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Just curious, I just recieved Careprost, and I've noticed the preservatives are different. Does this in any way alter the effectiveness of the product??

(Lumigan) Benzalkonium Chloride .05 mg

(Careprost) Benzalkonium Chloride Solution IP .01% w/v
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:47 am      Reply with quote
@ Tracey:
Yes, I had my eyelashed permed. I`m doing it every 8 weeks by myself. It didnīt affect my eyelashes, you donīt have to worry about them...

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
migi wrote:
@ Tracey:
Yes, I had my eyelashed permed. I`m doing it every 8 weeks by myself. It didnīt affect my eyelashes, you donīt have to worry about them...

Great, thank you.

Is the result really good with the long lashes and does it tame them? thanks :O)
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
The result is really nice, since I have really straight lashes, they are so much more visible. But approx. 1 months ago my lashes started to shed...luckily it seems to have stopped now and I can see new growth! I was already afraid to loose them all!

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
migi wrote:
The result is really nice, since I have really straight lashes, they are so much more visible. But approx. 1 months ago my lashes started to shed...luckily it seems to have stopped now and I can see new growth! I was already afraid to loose them all!

Hi thanks.

At what stage did they start to shed and how often were you using lumigan?

:O)
migi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
they started to shed after about 4 months. I applied Lumigan every day and sometimes only 3-4 times / week. Luckily the shedding was only for about 2 weeks...

5% products discount

Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I see ADC has a *new* ? website? Didn't try to order anything but was looking a medication up.....

Now they are stressing the GENERIC on their home page. Boldly. Over and over again.

eeek.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have not experienced shedding. My schedule has been 1X a night and now I am at 3X a week. I've heard that every other night is a good option once you get to a certain place. Remember - no matter what - eyelashes WILL shed. It's the natural course of things. The goal is to trick them into not all falling out at once so you have some coming along and others in a different part of the cycle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
HopeIsNotEnough wrote:

Hi Charlotte!

I pretty much read this whole thread before joining in so I've been following your progress (sounds so stalkerish lol). A few pages ago you had been talking about your lashes not being so long anymore.. is this still the case or did they grow back to a longer length again??

Hi HopeIsNotEnough!

Yes, once I went back to using Lumigan 1x daily again, they came back to the same lengths again and now look good. Although my skin is an ugly red!

I did shed a lot when I tried cutting back to 3 times a week.

But everybody us different and we don't really know what the optimum usage is. Allergan (the maker of Latisse) was recently reprimanded for releasing this product while downplaying the side effects. I have a feeling we are going to hear much more about it as time goes by.
foxykita

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
migi wrote:
@ Tracey:

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Anyway, I have been using Careprost for about two weeks now and I already see a difference. Although my eyelashes aren't longer (as far as I can tell) they are definitely thicker, blacker, and curl more (was that supposed to happen? lol). Also, there has already been a noticeable change in my eyebrows. I have sparse spots in the inner corners of my brows and in the tail and I have noticed that since I have been using Careprost the spots have started to fill in Very Happy

As far as side effects go, I have noticed some. My eyes do ich a little bit, but it is more my eyebrows and it doesn't really bother me. If I wasn't using Careprost it probably wouldn't even phase me that ,my eyebrows were itching. I also have noticed some redness in the inner corner of my eyes, especially in the left one, but I am just going to reduce the amount I am putting in that area and see what happens. The other side effect I have is by far the worst one--sensitivity to light. I apply my Careprost at night and I wake up at 8am every morning to take my boyfriend to work and the light is worse to me than it usually is. Really though, it would bother me either way but I feel a little more effected by it now. It doesn't last throughout the day, but it does bother me.

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm from Poland so first of all please forgive me my languages mistakes.

I want to ask you one question about luminage.
Maybe you don't believe but in Poland we don't know that there is something like this wchich helps your eyelashes grow longer.
I'm interested in these themes and that why I found information about this.
Latisse still isn't in Poland.
But be back to luminage- I want to ask you ( cause I want to buy it) how do you apply it, because i thing you don't give it to your eyes. So you put it like mascara on your lasher or you put it like they say to put latisse- on eyelid over eylashes?
I will be very gratefull for your answer
ftefazi

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lumigan on my lashes religously for almost six weeks and nothing. I don't see a bit of difference! Anyone else run into this problem? I'm getting discouraged.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Magiusa wrote:

But be back to luminage- I want to ask you ( cause I want to buy it) how do you apply it, because i thing you don't give it to your eyes. So you put it like mascara on your lasher or you put it like they say to put latisse- on eyelid over eylashes?
I will be very gratefull for your answer

Apply it to the root. Never put it on like mascara or the solution will migrate to places where you don't want hair growth.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
ftefazi wrote:
I have been using Lumigan on my lashes religously for almost six weeks and nothing. I don't see a bit of difference! Anyone else run into this problem? I'm getting discouraged.

Do you apply it to the root? Besides, 6 weeks isn't that long.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |