Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Ordering Meds Online?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I see that a lot of you order meds online from Inhousepharmacy, medsmex, etc. My question is this safe and are these meds the real thing? I am considering ordering especially when I see the difference in prices but am hesitant to do so. Would like some feedback. Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the meds are authentic...I order some regular meds from there too (as opposed to just Retin A) and have never had any issues.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind:

MedsMex.com- May have credit card theft issues - be sure to use a one time credit card or the Paypal Plugin with them.

Alldaychemist.com:
- Will spam you to DEATH, so use a spam bucket email address when you order.
- I have had instances where they sent me drugs that were right on the edge of expiring...as in only DAYS left.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany. When they sent the almost expired drugs, did they resend or where you stuck with them?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
babs1031 wrote:
Thanks Bethany. When they sent the almost expired drugs, did they resend or where you stuck with them?

Based on what the items were (not critical) and when I actually noticed, I just bucked up and kept them. But now I look at the expiration dates as soon as I get them, and I also don't order a ton at a time.

I never had that problem with Medsmex, so I will probably order from there (using paypal) going forward.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:26 am      Reply with quote
i dont trust ordering meds online......sooner or later some negative story comes out always. Cant trust whether it is the actual product or some fake alternative which could be dangerous Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I love inhouse, used them for years with nary a problem.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
The cost savings are dramatic, and in some cases life saving. Someone in my cancer support group with leukemia was prescribed Gleevec, which would have cost her $35,000 a year for her medication. No way could she afford it. She started ordering an Indian-made generic version of the same drug for under $400 per year. It worked well, her leukemia is under remission now five years later, and her oncologist is now recommending Indian generics to patients who can't afford the patented original drug.

It's nice for those of us using skincare products to get cheaper versions offshore, but for people with life threatening disease, it can literally be a matter of life and death.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
The cost savings are dramatic, and in some cases life saving. Someone in my cancer support group with leukemia was prescribed Gleevec, which would have cost her $35,000 a year for her medication. No way could she afford it. She started ordering an Indian-made generic version of the same drug for under $400 per year. It worked well, her leukemia is under remission now five years later, and her oncologist is now recommending Indian generics to patients who can't afford the patented original drug.

It's nice for those of us using skincare products to get cheaper versions offshore, but for people with life threatening disease, it can literally be a matter of life and death.

Yep...and it is sad that they are always trying to take that option away in the US.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered from All Day Chemist, Medsmex and In House Pharmacy. I liked ADC and IHP the best. They both sent genuine items that were fresh and effective (not even close to the expiration date). The latter is especially quick with shipping.

If you look up the Rx drugs you're looking for online, there are some websites that will describe what the pills look like, how they taste, etc. It's how I determined (before I took them) that the generic Spiro I ordered from IHP was authentic (round pills with a minty scent/taste).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I 2nd Alldaychemist.com. The Retin-A that I order are always fresh and authentic. But as bethany have said, they will send you loadsa junk mail, maybe 30-40 a day Shock .
I've never ordered from medsmex but I've read from various skincare boards about the security issues and credit card fraud buyers have experienced, so be careful or use a pre-paid credit card if you order from them
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like for the most part you are all pleased with the experience. I might give it a try but I hope I am not overwhelmed with spamming@!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
babs1031 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your input. Sounds like for the most part you are all pleased with the experience. I might give it a try but I hope I am not overwhelmed with spamming@!

Set up a free email account on hotmail or yahoo and use that when you order.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Medsmexico no longer offers Paypal. I purchased a Visa card from Walmart and used that to pay. Their standard shipping rate is $10.to US and they also offer express shipping for $25.
I placed an order for Retin A and I received confirmation promptly,also must sign for my pkg.on delivery.
So far,so good. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Medsmexico no longer offers Paypal. I purchased a Visa card from Walmart and used that to pay. Their standard shipping rate is $10.to US and they also offer express shipping for $25.
I placed an order for Retin A and I received confirmation promptly,also must sign for my pkg.on delivery.
So far,so good. Smile

I use the Paypal Plugin which generates a one time credit card number. But I think I like your idea better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
other than retinA what other meds have you ordered from this site? and what are some indicators you look for to say meds are not fake...would like to know so i can use the same knowledge for future reference

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Simran,
Medmex do not sell narcotics,but they do have a list of medications.Youre doing the right thing by checking for all the info you can find.
I hope others can offer more helpful info for you.
best of luck
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
[color=red]I just got this email from MedsMexico. They took my order AFTER they knew they "they were unable to process Visa".
I canceled my order and am hoping they didnt get any money from the Visa gift card I used. Now,I just placed an order with Alldaychemist.I wanted to let you all know about this.[/color]
*Contact Customer Support at: 1-866-633-7639 *Email us at:
support@medsmex.com *Chat online with our support team at: www.medsmex.com
Dear Valued Customers:

With much regret we need to let you know that we are unable to process Visa
or Mastercard payments at this time. As of 10/13/08 we ended our business
relationship with Visa & Mastercard due to restrictions that they insisted
on placing upon us, which would have forced our customers to obtain a
prescription prior to processing their orders.

We are negotiating with other sources to obtain a new merchant account that
allows us to continue business as usual for our customers and we should have
a solution within the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, we are asking those customers that have placed orders using
a Visa or Mastercard to submit payment by one of these methods and we will
offer a one time 10% discount. When placing a new order using another
method of payment please use the Coupon Code (during the check out process-
located at the bottom of your page during the first page of check out) enter
the code of: 08promo Your discount will automatically be deducted.

Check or Money Order
Western Union
Paybycheck (online check)
American Express

Kind Regards,
Customer Care
http://www.medsmex.com

** Please note that our US Customer Service office is open Monday thru
Friday 9am to 5pm (pacific standard time) and someone is available to help
you. US Customer Service office is located within Oregon.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
[color=red]I just got this email from MedsMexico. They took my order AFTER they knew they "they were unable to process Visa".

WOW...I just placed an order with them less than a week ago, and used the paypal plug in which generated a one time usage Mastercard number.

What day did you place your order?

Editing to add: I placed my order on 10/15, and have not received an email like yours (yet). However, my order did not say "Shipped"...it just said "Queued."

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote medsmex.com about my order, and they confirmed that it was not going to be fulfilled. Mad Mad Mad

But I did take the opportunity to tell them that there was NO WAY I would be paying with any of the alternative methods they listed, because none of them adequately protect my payment information. And since credit card theft is VERY common for medsmex buyers, I was not willing to take that risk. Rolling Eyes

I HATE buying from alldaychemist (spammers!!!), so I will be looking for a new online pharmacy, sigh.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,my order was placed on the 18th,five days after they knew. It also said my order was "queued" and it was both Visa and Mastercard. The CS lady said to reorder and use a money order or bank check,but to make sure it would be accepted in Mexico.
I dont think so !!!!!
I hope yours went thru,you might want to check with them.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oh,you were posting as I was answering.
My ADC order does not have the Climax spray.(lidocaine) So,we'll see if thats why you got the icky spam.
Did Paypal contact you ?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Oh,you were posting as I was answering.
My ADC order does not have the Climax spray.(lidocaine) So,we'll see if thats why you got the icky spam.
Did Paypal contact you ?

No...I wrote to MedsMex directly.

I do have to give them credit...they wrote back very quickly regarding the fraud issues.

Quote:

Hello Bethany,

We appreciate your comments and understand your concerns.

In the next week we will have a new site up, selling only skincare & beauty products and the merchant bank for this in within the united states and accepts both Visa & Mastercard. We are 100% aware of the issues with credit card fraud claims and have worked extensively with Medsmex.com merchant bank in Mexico, all security within the website is secure, hackersafe, verisign certified, etc. and we do not know where the possible problem could have come from.

In short, we do hope that you will check out another site www.mdmexskincare.com As said before, it's brand new (still under construction at this time) and will only be selling skincare products and the merchant account will be within the usa, charged in dollars and every security will be in place and the customers cc information is deleted once it has been approved by the bank.

Kind Regards,
Customer Service at Medsmex.com

FYI...they will still be carrying Retin A at the new site.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
What I find really disturbing about this is that apparently Visa and Mastercard are applying pressure on foreign pharmacies to refuse to do business with American customers without prescriptions. What business is this of the banking industry? As long as the business in question is in compliance with its own national laws, that should be enough. Another example of the US government assuming that its laws should apply all over the world, and getting the private financial sector involved as its enforcement arm. Sheesh...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
What I find really disturbing about this is that apparently Visa and Mastercard are applying pressure on foreign pharmacies to refuse to do business with American customers without prescriptions. What business is this of the banking industry? As long as the business in question is in compliance with its own national laws, that should be enough. Another example of the US government assuming that its laws should apply all over the world, and getting the private financial sector involved as its enforcement arm. Sheesh...

A similar thing happened with one of my supplement companies... ourhealthcoop.com. They have VERY affordable prices, and used to sell a progesterone cream that people loved. However, Paypal told them that they could no longer use Paypal if they sold the bioidentical hormone cream. I wonder if that had anything to do with Visa and Mastercard?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking along the same lines,Big Pharma has such a hold on our government.
It is a shame sick people in the US have to pay such high prices for drugs.
And while I'm complaining-I dont think Rx drugs should be advertised on TV.
I'm still waiting for order confirmation from ADC.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |