Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review- Laneige sleeping pack plus
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Taken from the website:

Product Benefits
A feather-light, leave-on gel mask applied just before bedtime. Water Sleeping Pack Plus penetrates the skin immediately upon application; infusing it with a concentrated supply of moisture while you sleep. Skin is lustrously revitalized the next day!

Active ingredients Vitamin E Acetate (stabilised Vitamin E) protects the skin against UV damage and environmental stresses while yeast extract Toniskin encourages the skin to mend and tone itself. Bio HE, a unique ingredient derived from collagen which holds up to several hundred times its own weight in moisture, feeds the skin a continuous supply of moisture.

I purchased this last year for about $200HKD I think. I was in need of a moisturising mask and due to the overall rating of this mask on MUA (4.0), I bought it in Hong Kong. However, I only used this mask early July this year as I just had too many products to use and I kept on breaking out just when I was about to give this mask I try cos I wanted to wait til I was slightly clearer in order to see if the mask would cause any breakouts. But my face is NEVER clear so in July, I thought if I didnt use it now, it'll soon expire!

So, I've used this mask for 3-4 months now and there's still about 80% remaining in the jar. s I only use a tiny bit of this. The size of a 5penny coin will cover my face and neck.

Usage- Although it is a sleeping mask (apply it before bedtime and wait til the morning to wash it off), I was told that I shouldnt leave it overnight as it would be unsuitable for my skintype (combo, acneic) so I wash it off between 15-30minutes of applying it.

Ingredients
- Ingredients- Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone,Glycerin, Trehalose, Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vaccinium Angustifolium Fruit Extract, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Polyquaternium-51, Mannitol, Arginne, Serine, Sucrose, PCA, Citrulline, Glycogen, Histidine HCL, Alanine, Threonine, Glutamic Acid, Lysine HCL, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate,Calcium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Beta-Glucan, Yeast Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Whey, Disodium Edta, Chlorphenesin, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben,Fragrance, Blue 1, Yellow 5.

Fragrance and texture- FThis mask smells fresh and of green tea and its not sticky at all so even if you were to sleep with it on, it wouldnt leave a mess on your pillows.

Results from usage: it felt slightly uncomfortable once I applied it onto my skin, stung a little but its bearable. My skin is not supple and hydrated as it said it would be, but in fact its more flaky and I usually get clogged pores and one or two pimples from using it Crying or Very sad
At first I suspected it was my lousy diet and my monthlies, but I can safely say that its the mask! Maybe I'm a little sensitive to one of its ingredients or maybe due to the alcohol content, it dries out my skin. Yes...even though its meant to provide your skin with MOISTURE, it does dry out the skin cos I'm actually using it as a hand and feet sleeping mask Cool and the morning after applying it, my hands and feet are even more wrinkly and dry than using my cheapo hand creams Shock so the tub is going into the bin. A total waste and I would definately not recommend it
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeahyeah! And you paid $200 for it! What a bummer...maybe you can swap it away on MakeUpAlley???

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I used the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack before, and I agree that it is not a very good moisturizing face mask as it is supposed to be. And as it doesn't absorb quickly, some mask actually moisturizes my pillow... Confused
But recently I wear it around my eyes overnight and find my fine lines are improved a little bit in the morning. So I am now using it as an overnight eye mask. Very Happy
kathyboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
my face got allergic to it, will never buy this brand again Sad
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Oh yeahyeah! And you paid $200 for it! What a bummer...maybe you can swap it away on MakeUpAlley???

I should have made myself clearer...I paid $200 Hong Kong Dollars so thats about 20-something US Dollars.

I've heard and read many positive reviews about the Laneige brand so I am willing to try their other products
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I also tried Laneige strawberry yogurt pack. The scent was great but I didn't see any improvement after using it for a while. Embarassed
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
I also tried Laneige strawberry yogurt pack. The scent was great but I didn't see any improvement after using it for a while. Embarassed

Thats a shame. When I was in HK last month, Laneige seems to be quite a popular brand. I wanted to give their hydrating serum a try but they never give out samples Mad
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi, i tried the laneige sleeping pack too as there was lots of rave. I have sensitive, acne prone but dehydrated skin.

I found it to be on the sticky side and did not seem to absorb well. Also, it didn't seem to do anything for me. I definitely wouldn't say it's hydrating at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah, if you're in asia again, try looking for "my beauty diary" sheet masks. They have 12 different types. I personally love the aloe and natto ones for their hydrating ability. I bought mine for ~$1usd/piece.

I was blown away by how well they work. My aesthetician said that in her experience, some girls skin won't see much effect from tube mask but will get lots of mileage from paper mask. This seems to be true for me. Since we have similar skin type, perhaps u can try any moisturizing sheet mask.

Other hydrating masks that i've tried are (none of these are sheet ones):
- Avene instant soothing moisture mask 7/10
- Dermalogica skin hydrating mask 5/10
- dr hauschka moisture mask 8/10
- Eminence stone crop mask 7/10
- La Prairie hydrating mask 6 /10
- Phytomer hyrating mask 7/10
- Sisley flower gel mask 8/10
- Soigne agnize Curecustard Mask 7/10

hth!

the search for our individual HG goes on!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Wow, snowstar, you gave us more masks to try in the future~~~ Thanks. Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
yeahyeah, if you're in asia again, try looking for "my beauty diary" sheet masks. They have 12 different types. I personally love the aloe and natto ones for their hydrating ability. I bought mine for ~$1usd/piece.

I was blown away by how well they work. My aesthetician said that in her experience, some girls skin won't see much effect from tube mask but will get lots of mileage from paper mask. This seems to be true for me. Since we have similar skin type, perhaps u can try any moisturizing sheet mask.

Other hydrating masks that i've tried are (none of these are sheet ones):
- Avene instant soothing moisture mask 7/10
- Dermalogica skin hydrating mask 5/10
- dr hauschka moisture mask 8/10
- Eminence stone crop mask 7/10
- La Prairie hydrating mask 6 /10
- Phytomer hyrating mask 7/10
- Sisley flower gel mask 8/10
- Soigne agnize Curecustard Mask 7/10

hth!

the search for our individual HG goes on!

Hi snowstar!
I've actually bought a couple of boxes of the My Beauty Diary masks but I've yet to use it. But I didnt get the aloe and natto ones Mad
I'm actually using sheet masks now and do find them slightly better than the wash off masks. They're more convenient and hydrating, but they're not readily available in the UK so I have to buy them online Rolling Eyes
The My beauty Diary masks that you use...do you buy them in store or online? Cos I've only seen them sold on ebay and no where else Sad
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I had got some sample from laneige. I don't like it. It's sticky and make me pillow dirty.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I buy them from a girlfriend who brings them in from Taiwan. She normally brings them in 1x/month and I place an order with her.

The pricing ranges from $1.30 to $1.80 Sing ( $0.90 to $1.20 usd) each. The price changes due to exchange rate and whatever her supplier quotes her.

The great thing is that I can order in individual sheets Smile That's how I got to try them all! By buying 2 pieces of each Razz ( just in case u think i went mad and bought 1 box of each type!)

If you like the ones you've tried, I can help you purchase them and mail over but I suspect buying from ebay maybe cheaper due to postage!

Are you in Canada/USA? I recall hearing from some gfs that you can find them at asian groceries in Canada.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
There was a review on this forum about My beauty diary (MBD) masks, which some members have said are available at their local Chinese stores, but unfortunately I live in the UK and none of the Chinese supermarkets near me have such beauty finds Rolling Eyes . Thanks for the offer of buying the masks for me Very Happy but I do think that ebay would be slightly cheaper.
I have about 50 MBD mask sheets, all of which have not been used yet, so it should last me quite a while but I'm prone to buy back-ups Embarassed
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yeahyeah, not sure if you know this, but for sheet mask, it is recommended for us to use it for cleansing AND toning. The toner apparently is pretty important.

I tested it out myself and the absorption seems to be better after using a toner Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:39 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Yeahyeah, not sure if you know this, but for sheet mask, it is recommended for us to use it for cleansing AND toning. The toner apparently is pretty important.

I tested it out myself and the absorption seems to be better after using a toner Smile

You mean after cleansing and toning?
Yeah, I use the mask after cleansing, but I never tone anyways, so I just skip that step Wink
And even though its recommended that you massage the essence into the skin after taking hte mask off, I always wash it off cos I need to apply retin-a
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
oops! yup... after Smile

i never tone unlessi mask too... too lazy. hehe.
and yup, like u, i rinse it off with water Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I used this years ago. i liked it then but now i would not use it given the ingredient list is less than natural.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |