Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why are you beautiful?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
In this forum we talk about products and techniques and brands a lot... so I thought it'd be interesting to start a thread celebrating and talking about why we are beautiful.

Why are you beautiful?
Do you often feel beautiful?
How do you see beauty?
What's unique about your beauty?
Does someone else see you as beautiful even when you do not?
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Moles.

I love my moles. I love the way they speckle my upper arms and dot parts of my body like locations on a map: here, at the top of my hip, there at the tip of my big toe, and over here again under my breast.

When I was at school I used to look at arms during lessons and imagine I was descended from leopards.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Pigmentation Smile- My DH told me that I look like a Vulcano Gal from Star Trek Wink
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
My husband thinks my legs are beautiful, even though I really don't like them. I have massive calf muscles and can't wear knee high boots unless they're made for me, or I get a shoemaker to put an insert in them. He thinks they're sexy because they make me look strong. Oddly enough even though I see my legs as tree trunks to be covered up, every man in my life has thought my legs were beautiful.

I think my eyes make me look beautiful, not so much because they are beautiful, but because of the energy and intelligence that I can see in them. They always have heaps of expression and make me look like I am interested in life, which I am. I think it's always a shame to see someone who looks physically beautiful, but there's not much expression in their eyes. I also like my smile and my laugh.

I feel beautiful when I feel healthy and full of energy, you know those days when you just want to run and jump like you did when you were a child. That's when I feel full of hope and optimism for the future, and that's a beautiful feeling.

I also feel beautiful when I value myself enough to spend money on a full body massage - something I absolutely love, but don't spend the money on often enough. I feel beautiful for days afterwards.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oi this is tough for me. Because in the past few years, I've started to age, and my body has changed after having children .. eg. saggy breasts and stretch marks.

So for me, it's been a journey trying to embrace my new post baby body as beautiful because of what it's produced, 2 beautiful boys. Part of that is trying to NOT compare myself to pictures of models etc, who represent an unreal standard, for me anyway. I have to remind myself on a regular basis though, that I am beautiful because of WHO I am, not because of my measurements and dress size.

As far as the aging, I'm fighting it tooth and nail. It's only really started within the past 3 years, that I've been noticing lines. So being that it's fairly new to me I'm not really accepting it well. lol .. But again, I try to see past it rather than pull out the magnifying mirror to analyze every line. I do have a big warm smile, and aging won't take that away from me. I try to remind myself that I will still look like me, just with more character. Very Happy

All of this has motivated me to take better care of myself, however, which makes me feel more beautiful because I'm getting healthier. So all in all, I'm doin' okay.

It also helps to have a husband who calls me a sexy minx. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
sahmisme,

I wish I could directly quote this lady's (she was in her 50's I think) comment I found online a while back, but she said something similar to this:

"What makes me beautiful is every line on my face as each one tells a story. For every time I cried, for every time I laughed, for every time I was angry, they all tell stories. The stretch marks on my stomach are from the beautiful children I now have."

There was much more.. Anyway, I think aging is a beautiful thing. I see it as a beautiful trade. Every year you'll see changes in your body, but in return that's another year you get to stay alive Wink and it symbolizes a strong, smart, wise woman who's been through it all.

We are still all here to make improvements, and there is nothing wrong with that Wink, but beauty and health starts from within. If you eat the right things it'll do wonders just as much as the creams and oils would. Soy is one of the products known to asian people for example and I think they age very well.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Bump Smile
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have never felt beautiful. I remember as a child looking in the mirror and thinking how ugly I was. I still feel like that ugly kid inside. The intelligent part of me says it ain't so...but emotionally I feel otherwise. Pretty insane, actually!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I feel everyone is beauty if have a nice heart!
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm beautiful because I have a sense of humor- I laugh alot
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have never felt beautiful either.
A lot of esteem issues are in my opinion from childhood abuse.
I can easily see the beauty in others.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer from self esteem issues as well but that's mostly because of my acne prone skin and unbalanced hormones which gives me a few other physical problems. But life is here to be lived and I'm learning to love myself.

The funny thing is that I only feel beautiful when a man tells me that I am so which is not good!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I sure can relate to the lack of self-esteem issues! But I think most everyone would agree that what others see in us as "beautiful" has more to do with extending love to others: Listening with full attention to who is speaking to us; Kindness from the heart & not with any hope of recognition for it; Compassion, even for those who seem beyond compassion.

I feel most beautiful when I am useful. Physical beauty is actually pretty important to me, or I wouldn't be spending so much time here, but it's more than chasing products and procedures....it's feeling good about myself in ways that are meaningful. *steps down from soapbox while rotten vegetables are thrown*

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |