Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

parchment like lines in corner of eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I have recently had a stint of bad under eye skin - I'm still not entirely sure what caused it but now I have small squint lines at the corners of my eyes that on a bad day look like crumpled parchment paper and not very attractive!

Can anyone recommend anything that may help this? I am thinking of trying cellcosmet eye contour cream as some people on here say it is very moisturising....trouble is that the area has been getting red and stinging when I try and put anything but vaseline on to it - this has been going on for a few weeks now Sad

If anyone could help that would be great!

Thank you
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
If the area is getting red and stinging, it signifies irritation. It also sounds dehydrated. Are you using a cleaser with AHAs in it, or anything like that?

I would personally recommend emu oil for under your eyes, since it will help with healing and not irritate your skin further.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
hello,

thanks for your reply - I am not using anything different to what I've always used - normal moisturiser (Olay) and Olay night cream - the skin doesnt seem to react to these but when i try and add an eye cream (any eye cream it seems now) the inner corners start to sting and ry up and crack - even if they looked perfectly healed a minute ago! All I can use is vaseline! Ive tried alo vera cream, dermalogically tested cram, sudocreme..everything!! I cant understand it as Ive never had any problems before!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like some kind of contact dermatitis. You might need to see your derm. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Really? I don't have a dermatologist..cant afford one either really!

Might just have to plod on using the vaseline..!
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Stay away from the vaseline; it may just do more harm than good to your skin. I would rather try an all-natural oil, something like emu (which I haven't tried myself), or my beloved sweet almond oil.

But there must be a cause for the irritation. What kind of eyemakeup remover are you using? Are you using any pen-style concealer/highlighters? Personally, I had an allergic reaction to the famous Touche Eclat, so you might want to eliminate product by product in order to isolate the cause.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
hydrocortisone cream for a couple of days will make it better if it's dermatitis.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Okay I've seen tons of people recommending emu oil here so I have a question. I've found some that are 100% and some that have other ingredients including essential oils.

So which formulation is the best for under eyes? I've seen a crazy price range too, from over $100 for an ounce to $11 for 4 oz of 100% emu oil. So I'm kind of at a loss as to how to decide which to buy.

I even found through a google search a bottle of emu oil sold for dogs. Laughing and I've honestly never heard of it before coming here.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use pure emu oil, though I believe a cream of emu and avocado is is very moisturising.
You dont need to spend much. I am in Oz and use a $20 jar of Blue Gum Natural Emu Oil. I also believe the suppliers to Dremu sell theirs direct online, very cheaply too. Can someone provide its name??
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I buy mine from lbprocessors.com, and have been VERY happy with the quality, and fast shipping.

I have tried both the regular Certified Emu Oil and the Ultra Emu Oil, and really like them both.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I second the LBProcessors .
Good prices and it does last a long time.
Hope you find the source of irritation.

Smile
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
is emu oil just a good form of moisturiser? or does it have some kind of healing effect?

and... the oil comes from an emu?? its fats?? eww..
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what Wikipedia says about emu oil:

Emu oil is an oil made from the fat of the emu, a bird native to Australia. It has been used for thousands of years by the Australian aborigines for the treatment of burns, wounds, bruises, and as a pain reliever for bone, muscle, and joint disorders. Emu oil is approximately 70% unsaturated fatty acids. The largest component is oleic acid, a mono-unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid. Emu oil also contains about 20% linoleic acid (an omega-6 fatty acid) and 1-2% linolenic acid (an omega-3 fatty acid). There is some evidence to suggest that the oil may have medicinal benefit. It is frequently used topically to soften skin and is found in ointments for dry cracked heels.

Emu oil has been shown in studies to aid in reducing scar formation in healed burn wounds, muscle sprains, and arthritis due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties. There is evidence that emu oil is also effective against foot fungus. It has also been shown to help with moderate to severe excema.

Emu oil is a complete neutral lipid, since emu oil lacks phospholipid, making it highly penetrating to the skin.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Taobunny for the contributing explanation. Looks like I gotta get my hands on some of that oil. Might help me scars...! But I know it ain't cheap... maybe unless you are in Oz
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
thank you for the advice - I'm going to try the emu oil - got nothing to lose!

Surprised
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
jumbosstar42 wrote:
Thanks Taobunny for the contributing explanation. Looks like I gotta get my hands on some of that oil. Might help me scars...! But I know it ain't cheap... maybe unless you are in Oz

I would recommend emu oil fromwww.lbprocessors.com. The quality is good, and I think the prices are reasonable. Several members here have been ordering from them. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all! I think I'm going to have to try that too. And if it's even used for eczema, my son and I can both use it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
jumbosstar42 wrote:
But I know it ain't cheap... maybe unless you are in Oz

There are emus raised here in the U.S, not just in Australia. I don't use straight emu oil most of the time but do buy the creams fromwww.laidinmt.com and love them! Also their lip balm is great!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
jumbosstar42 wrote:
But I know it ain't cheap... maybe unless you are in Oz

There are emus raised here in the U.S, not just in Australia. I don't use straight emu oil most of the time but do buy the creams fromwww.laidinmt.com and love them! Also their lip balm is great!

Haha... unfortunately I am from neither countries. I am from Singapore! So both ways, it doesn't help. Everything is 2-3 times more costly here in Singapore.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
jumbosstar42 wrote:

I would recommend emu oil fromwww.lbprocessors.com. The quality is good, and I think the prices are reasonable. Several members here have been ordering from them. Smile

Thanks! I am checking out this site now. Will check out the other recommended site as well.
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Vee26 wrote:
I have recently had a stint of bad under eye skin - I'm still not entirely sure what caused it but now I have small squint lines at the corners of my eyes that on a bad day look like crumpled parchment paper and not very attractive!

Can anyone recommend anything that may help this? I am thinking of trying cellcosmet eye contour cream as some people on here say it is very moisturising....trouble is that the area has been getting red and stinging when I try and put anything but vaseline on to it - this has been going on for a few weeks now Sad

If anyone could help that would be great!

Thank you

Hi Vee26,

I noticed this at the corners of my eyes a couple of years ago. Then when I was at the airport I saw the YSL lisse expert eye cream . This comes in a tube, which you squeeze to dispense dots. Then with the flat end of the tube, you rub gently and in circles. I concentrated on the outer corners of my eyes. After 3 months the 'parchment like' texture you described, had gone.

I only use this device at the corners of my eyes as I felt it was too rough an action in the rest of the eye area. I now use the Obagi eye cream but keep the YSL device for application.
n1princess
5% products discount

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have eyelid dermatitis... DO not use EMU oil... I tried it and it made it WORSE.. I also read that sometimes EMU oil irritates this condition... which my dermatologist told me when my condition had gotten worse... you need to get a prescription of Protopic or something similar something safe for the eye area.. hydro-cortisone is not safe to use in the eye area over time it will actually thin the skin and you will have even more wrinkles and worse skin.. I learned this the hard way.. I went to a regular doctor and he gave me a prescription of elocon cream .. it got rid of the dermatitis temporarily but then I noticed wrinkled skin within about 2 years of use.. that's when I went to the dermatologist and he told me that I should have never used that for the eye area.. it is made for the body... oh well nothing I can do about it now... good luck with your crepe skin problem
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |