Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Sleep creases/lines - do they go away?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jamie74
5% products discount

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all,

I've got prominent sleep creases on either side of my nose from years of sleeping on my side and stomach with my face squashed into the pillow.

I changed to sleeping on my back about a month ago, but have yet to notice any difference.

For pressure-induced wrinkles like sleep creases, what are the chances of reducing them when you remove the pressure source?

Thanks,

Jamie
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
That's a great question.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
That is a good question. Hope someone comes along that knows the answer. I have a crease that formed under my eyebrow one night. I happened to notice it in the morning after waking. It has been there at least 1 month, and sadly this has not gone away for me.
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh God I have these too on both sides of my nose. I can't believe we even get wrinkles from SLEEPING! Rolling Eyes What a cruel world.

I'd like to know the answer as well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
That is such a great question - I have wondered about this myself. I have a sleep line to the side of one of my eyes, not hugely noticable but there nonetheless. But I love sleeping on my side Sad
I have heard silk pillow cases help?
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
My mom always used to harp on me about sleeping on my back. Wish I would have listened. Anxious

I imagine these work just like wrinkles ladies. It is repeated sleeping on our bellies and backs for many years that causes these. Just like it is repeated facial expressions over time which cause our wrinkles. Compounded with lack of collagen and elacticity. When we find a cure for wrinkles, I bet it helps these.

I still don't quite understand the skin ironing concept, but maybe enlightened with more info. this may help those lines. Think
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add, frownies, (or I use medical tape because its much cheaper and works just as well, just can't soak with water for easier release Confused ) helps with my sleep creases when my dh lets me wear them. I really don't understand why he gets so bent. Crying or Very sad He's 10 years younger than me. You'd think he'd want me staying my best.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, as you've been doing this for years, it's likely that the wrinkles will be permanent by now - although they may improve a ever so slightly if you sleep on your back instead from now on. I've also heard that a silk pillow can stop the face from creasing so much during the night, although I haven't tried this myself.

Sorry not to have better news for you.

You usually never get to hear about things like this until it's too late. Crying or Very sad
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:36 am      Reply with quote
that sounds depressing Sad
I cannot fall asleep on my back, I sleep always on my stomach so my face is always creased this way. That will mean all my "anti-aging" efforts will be useless??! Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I was told water helps keep you hydrated to help with the creases but as we age it takes longer for the creases to "bounce back" as your skin looses its elasticity. I can't sleep on my back either but I have a face saver (crescent moon shaped little pillow) that works well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
that sounds depressing Sad
I cannot fall asleep on my back, I sleep always on my stomach so my face is always creased this way. That will mean all my "anti-aging" efforts will be useless??! Brick wall

I can't sleep on my back either. I wake up with my legs feeling all cramped, especially behind my knees.

So when I noticed my first crease I put tape on the area before I went to bed. When I woke up...no crease. It's the only way I know of that works.

Someone suggested in another thread to use paper tape as it leaves no border marks. Well I tried this and it had stuck so hard that come morning I carefully pulled it off and took some skin with it. Shock Needless to say I'm back to my sticky tape and very happy with it.

Except for my guys jibes about it that is. Rolling Eyes
Vee26
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I have never had any problem with paper tape - it is much softer and although it may stick better than cellotape (as it is made to use on skin so would do) it will not leave extra marks on your face after continued use.

Just my opinion mind Cool
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I just wish I could sleep standing up. There is no way I can sleep all night on my back, I sleep with my mouth open and I'd probably end up choking on my tongue. Laughing j/k

5% products discount

Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Silk or satin pillow cases definitely help. They're also easier on your hair!!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
sleep on your back,sleeping on your side will give you a lot of permanent wrinkles.
maymay
5% products discount

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
A silk pillow case will be a plus to reduce wrinkle.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Most people make many expression when they're asleep. Most areas especially the middle of the eyebrows.
To reduce the crease at the centre of your brows, just apply surgical tape in a 'X' method in the middle of your brows.
clarkebar511

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Satin pillowcases definitely make a big difference. A few months ago I bought a gorgeous print satin pillowcase set from
A Touch of Satin for myself and gave my friends a solid set for a wedding gift. I have not woken up with wrinkles on my face since I've been sleeping on them. My friend said the same thing about hers. Plus, it just feels and looks so luxurious!
darkwingduck
5% products discount

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
After many years of side-sleeping I noticed deep creases forming under one eye (the side I favour to sleep). This year I tried sleeping on back but would wake up on my side. So I now put a pillow under my knees and it helps me not to roll over. The wrinkle seems less pronounced since I started this but it is still there. Still, anything that halts it progression is still worth it to me.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
You can try save my face pillow, it is great.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Although some of you can not sleep on your back, but I do. I never use pillow on my face either. This diminish "wrinkles". the more you sleep the other way, the more you will have "wrinkles". But of course, using products such as Obagi will greatly help Smile

jamie74 wrote:
Hey all,

I've got prominent sleep creases on either side of my nose from years of sleeping on my side and stomach with my face squashed into the pillow.

I changed to sleeping on my back about a month ago, but have yet to notice any difference.

For pressure-induced wrinkles like sleep creases, what are the chances of reducing them when you remove the pressure source?

Thanks,

Jamie
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it may sound funny but try introducing a daily routine exercise: while lying down on the floor lift your legs over your head, remain in this position 3-5 minutes gradually increasing the time to 15-20 min a day. Another good thing for the face is standing on your head.Those exercises not for everybody (check with your doctor) Idea but they will improve blood flow to your face and head reducing the appearance of any wrinkles. Stick to it for a few months to see results.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
bondgirl wrote:
I guess it may sound funny but try introducing a daily routine exercise: while lying down on the floor lift your legs over your head, remain in this position 3-5 minutes gradually increasing the time to 15-20 min a day. Another good thing for the face is standing on your head.Those exercises not for everybody (check with your doctor) Idea but they will improve blood flow to your face and head reducing the appearance of any wrinkles. Stick to it for a few months to see results.

What a sight I'd be with my legs over my head. I could just imagine the look on my partner's face seeing that one. Laughing
Biggoga

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Where you are going to meet new year?
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, did your sleep crease under your eyebrow ever go away, after completing Obagi, and with time? Just curious.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |