Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dealing with forum spammers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Dear all,

Thank you to the many of you who helped us deal with today's spam 'flood' - your reports of the posts are very much appreciated and they help to keep the forum clean and enjoyable!! Today's situation has now been addressed.

I'd like to ask that if such cases happen to occur in the future (hopefully few and far between, but there is little we can do to completely stop them) you refrain from commenting on the spam within the threads (particularly if you also quote the spammer) since these messages must then also be identified and deleted, otherwise, when left in the thread, they will not make sense. Today's situation meant individually deleting over 50 posts by the overzealous member, and then individually identifying and deleting (and confirming each deletion of) around 25-30 member comments on the spammer posts. I hope we didn't miss any. I appreciate that when such situations occur, they are very frustrating but the fewer comments and quotes we have, the faster we get the forum clean.

Thanks heaps again for your help today!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, Mabsy. I got so wound up by it that I ended up posting. I didn't mean to make more work for you all. Will try to restrain myself in future! Embarassed
Mabsy

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
No problem at all, and thank you again for helping. I posted this just as a future reference for all but I know how tempting it is to reply when someone is being so persistent. We'd just like to minimise it so we don't have stray posts on the forum that make people look like they're talking to themselves about something completely unrelated to the cleaned thread Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Great work! I admit I made a smarty pants comment but I won't do that again. I forgot about the fact that all the responses to the spammer would have to go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I sort of enjoyed how majorb hunted the spammer down. I laughed so hard with her comments. I think the laughter did me good...my skin is so smooth now.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for looking out for us Mabsy! I guess this means we should also ignore the racist posts which are about to get deleted, but I'm telling you, it's hard.... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
heh... some things never change huh? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
doohicus wrote:
I think the laughter did me good...my skin is so smooth now.

Laughing (I almost choked when I read that last bit!)
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Several of the days topics seem to have been bumped up by new member spammer's today, and I'm just wondering, rather than just delete their non-stop "spam" postings, why don't they just get banned?

There names appear in several of the forums as being the last poster, and when you get to the last post in the thread, it's an older post by a different member.. If you go into these apparent spammer's profile, it shows 0 posts.

It's especially annoying when it happens repeatedly in "watched topics".... Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Who is the poster: "juldepred"? A number of posts pop up with this user as the last person to post, but when I go to read that post it is not there. Sort of what Kassy just said above.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Who is the poster: "juldepred"? A number of posts pop up with this user as the last person to post, but when I go to read that post it is not there. Sort of what Kassy just said above.

Yes, that's one of 3 that are front and center day in and day out ... Sad

I wrote a *friendly* PM to the one you quoted days ago, and it's still sitting in my outbox.. Laughing

I'd love to know what they have to say, since they are constantly trying to post in 'all' of my watched topics... Laughing Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Loved your comment too,Doohicus Very Happy and laughing must exercise our little cheek muscles too.
But,now, we all know to just ignore them,no matter how hard it is.
Mabsy

Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Most of what that particular poster had to say was in picture form - took my appetite away this morning :s

Kassy_A wrote:
I'd love to know what they have to say, since they are constantly trying to post in 'all' of my watched topics... Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I can only imagine .. Rolling Eyes

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Mabsy, I'm so sorry you have to deal with unpleasant pictures. Several years ago I was getting some very gross pictorial ------------ emails--think animals and people Embarassed --and I contacted the tech department at work, who assured me that there was technology to filter them but it was too expensive to buy for the university. So...I started forwarding them to the university president, along with messages saying that this is what I get in my inbox every day but apparently it isn't worth it to buy the kind of filters that could deal with it. And you know what? Within days there was an announcement that we were getting new and improved filtering software! Rolling Eyes
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I keep getting PM's here at EDS from someone who keeps changing their user name. The writing is in some foreign language and I don't open the messages.

Today the user is "malyavochka". The title of the message is always the same though - in some foreign language.

Can someone check out who this user is and follow up on it??
TIA

Wed May 20, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
No problem, Fawnie. Thanks for letting us know. BTW, here is the ongoing thread for keeping track of this problem:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33530
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Havana8. Appreciate it.

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I received an e-mail, apparently from EDS, clicked on the link and it brought me here. Unfortunately, it was a 'fake' e-mail from someone trying to sell performance enhancing drugs.

How can you tell if these things are real or fake e-mails? It looked totally real! I tried to attach it here, but couldn't.
Very aggravating!
Has anyone else received an e-mail like this?

Deb
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |