Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Karin Herzog Oxygen vs Vit-A-Kombi 2? Help please...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have fallen off the skincare bandwagon in a very serious way over the last hectic year. One of the things that this has definitely shown me is that my skin was not initially clear and smooth because of genetics (as many always commented) but because of the products that I used to use. Of course, my skin has gone through a lot of stress and 'abuse' (not taking makeup off, lots of time in a dusty garden, etc) as well, so there is that additional component. I now seem to be getting some breakouts along the jawline and hairline, which is something that rarely happened before.

As I am now in the process of chasing the skincare bandwagon and trying to hop back onto it in a big way, I'd like to put together a new skincare routine that would quickly return my skin to its uncongested glory days. I was going to go for my old favourites (Microfoliant, Essential Balm, etc) but I just started reading through the massive Karin Herzog review thread and I think I'm sold on trying this instead.

I have combination skin at the moment, which is right now congested and also a little blotchy. I was looking through the KH favourites page and I'm planning on getting: Professional Cleansing, maybe the essential mask, and also one of the creams. I have narrowed it down to the Oxygen cream and the Vit-A-Kombi 2 - both have 2% oxygen. Could anyone advise please whether I might be better off with the Via-A-Kombi 2? I don't have sensitive skin. Are there any other KH products that you think would be more suitable?

TIA and sorry for the long post but I wanted to give some background (and I've also never been one to be brief... Smile).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy,
I have very acne-prone skin (always have - major hormonal issues Sad ). With all of that, my skin is not really sensitive.

I have both the Oxy cream and VK2, and I always preferred VK2 to the Oxy Cream. I actually never felt Oxy cram was doing much for my skin. I must say, however, that I still get breakouts, even after about 5 -6 months on KH. My breakouts are probably not as bad as before, but overall my skin looks much better. At this point I think that the only think I will re-purchase is VK2 (I have Oxy cream, Oxy body, Prof. cleanser, scrub, Vitamin H, Essential mask).

I must say though - many people recommend starting with 1% of Oxygen and then slowly building up to 2%.

HTH! Good luck.
R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,
I also suggest you get the eye cream. It is the best I've ever tried.....

I use VK2, the professional cleansing cream - this stuff is outstanding, and the essential mask.

My favorites are the eye cream and cleansing... But am happy with all the products.
My skin tends to be oily.

Sis
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I really think you'd like the vitamin H under VK2 at night....I know, the list is getting longer Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your help ladies! All right, so instead of getting shorter my list is getting longer - why does that not surprise me?! Smile

So, the current status is that I absolutely need the Professional Cleanser (I read many comments about this on the forum) and the VK2 by the sounds of things. I just read up about the vitamin H cream as well, which now makes the list. To minimise the 'damage' I might at this stage ask for samples of the mask (Valmont is still my favourite) and also of the eye cream. Reading up about the eyecream leaves me *so* tempted to buy it as well but I still have a few eyecreams at home so I'll ask for a sample for now. Off to the EDS store for some nice retail therapy Smile

Thank you again, I really appreciate your help. The KH thread is just too huge an ask for someone who is just starting to read through it (which does give me a bit of an idea for new forum functionality Wink.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Did I mention I you can use the vit H under your eyes as well? Definitely try a sample of the mask and, for future consideraton, try layering the AHA, vit H under the mask and leave it on all night..or on a plane trip....not that I'm pushing more products Cool The AHA is very gentle and may not be enough for those with resilient skin but once layered with the mask and vit H, it's really effective.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Just for everyone's information I just received an order I made from EDS. I aksed for many KH samples and did not receive ANY. So, I think for now EDS just might be out of KH samples. I thought I would post this so no one gets their hopes up in case they're really itching to try a particular sample product like I was.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you leeleedeedee! And so now I think I'll get the mask as well Smile but cross my fingers for a sample of the eye cream at some stage. Or maybe, I should get the eye cream too? Decisions, decisions...

ps. leeleedeedee - so great to see you posting here!

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
All right, all done. I thought getting the eye cream at the same time as the cleanser, H cream, mask and VK2 was a little much but I asked for a sample (fingers crossed!) and also a sample of the Vit-A-Apricot which caught my eye as I was pretty much going through checkout.

I can't wait for this to arrive! I haven't ordered from EDS for way too long and my skin is in need of some serious help - the KH sounds like it might be the ticket! So, thank you also to BluesHeart for starting the KH thread and to all who have contributed since. I'm really looking forward to trying this line!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy.....it's so great to see you posting as well.

It's hard to believe that after all these years you and I are on the same page with our skin care products. Me with my ultra ultra ultra sensitive skin and you with your tough as nails skin (which I always envied by the way.)

I'm sure you'll like the KH line. It's done remarkable things for me. Although, I'm still on VK1 and will soon inch my way up to the Choco2 which has 1.15% oxygen before I finally end up with VK2. Unlike you I have to pogress slowly. I must add that I do use the eye cream and like it very much. It's hydrating and seems to smooth the whole eye area. A very nice eye cream.

Mabsy please keep us posted on your progress with KH. I think we are all anxious to hear from you and how you are doing.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Leeleedeedee! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the KH line - it sounds fabulous and I really hope that it works as well for me as it has for yourself and most others. I will definitely let everyone know how it's going, though that won't be for a while since I just ordered.

I do have a few other updates to post over the coming week though - like my ridiculous first encounter with a dermaroller (I may not have been posting, but I have been reading raves on the forums over the last few months or so Wink) which shows that having 'tough as nails' skin (while also being desperate to return your skin to better days) sometimes can make you really overestimate what your skin can handle Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
How exciting, Mabsy that you're trying the KH. I hope it works out for you.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I'm not ready to write a full review just yet as I'm still experimenting with what KH routine works best for me (I think I have found the answer and it involves IS Clinical as well, but more on that in a few weeks) but I just wanted to follow up and say that so far my skin is looking great. I started using KH in late November but stopped for two weeks due to travel. So, let's say I've been using it religiously (day and night) for over a month now. My usual congestion and regular pimples in the upper left corner of my forehead appear to be a thing of the past. I don't want to jinx it but that's quite impressive! Very impressive in fact.

I haven't even been using the mask (yet) and don't use the KH cleanser on a regular basis either - just the Kombi 2 and the vit H cream. I'm going to incorporate the mask and cleanser on a regular basis from this week on.

So, thank you again for your suggestions. Tomorrow night I try Marina's suggestion of using the Kombi 2 and vit H cream under the mask and leaving on overnight Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

So, thank you again for your suggestions. Tomorrow night I try Marina's suggestion of using the Kombi 2 and vit H cream under the mask and leaving on overnight Very Happy

Hi Mabsy, I'm glad you like KH. I use vit H under VK2. I find that works best on oily/combo skin, whereas applying the Vit.H OVER VK2 is more moisturizing. The VK2 pushes the Vit H further into the skin. I had a sample of additional sweet and used it as my last step. I really liked it and don't understand why they advise it for dry skin. I didn't find it too emollient at all, it was just perfect for winter....wait it's summer over there isn't it Confused
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I have the Karin Herzog eye cream,Vita A Kombi 3,Vita-A-Apricot,and Oxygen Cream - Rose.I think the Oxygen Cream - Rose might be a good start.It is mild enough for my sensitive cheek skin.The smell is delightful. Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Marina, you're the best! I am using vit H under K2 but only in the morning. I will start using it under both times and will see what happens. This is exactly what I mean by I still have to figure out what works best. I'm seeing great results but none of the reduction in blackheads and oiliness that others have mentioned. At the same time, I am not willing to give up the vit H cream. On another note, I has a sample of the Sweet with my order and I *really* liked it. I am still thinking of buying it. Like you, I am really curious as to why they would say it's for dry skin. I didn't find it too rich and it is rather warm and humid here at the moment...

Mmmm, the rose oxygen cream sound VERY nice! *sigh* too many things I'd like to try... I have decided though that when I'm done with the Kombi2 I will go with the Apricot instead.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I am a therapist and have used Karin Herzog in my work for many years. The best cream for you is the oxygen cream and not Vitakombi 2. The reason being is that oxygen cream is especially for congestion whearas the vk2 is richer and will congest.
My reccomendation is as follows:

Prof. cleansing cream - use a flannel to remove.
Toning lotion
Oxygen cream everyday until skin is back to normal then vk2
Also you must use the essential mask as it is amazing and results are instant.

When i use Karin Herzog i always get good comments such as have i had botox and i really dont get it often maybe Babor does a good job also.
I hope ive helped Mabsy Cool Cool Cool
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, any update on your KH routine?
Mabsy

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
My skin has been doing wonderfully well on the KH routine - it's been completely clear, no breakouts. I used the VK2 on a regular basis (thank you for the recommendation vassbeaute, I don't have the oxygen cream but will try that next) and the vit H cream underneath it. I also use the mask on a regular basis but not really the cleanser (I still don't see the hype - OCM and Dr Hauschka seem to work better for me).

Anyway, what do I do when my skin is doing so well? I decide to NOT take KH with me on my three month stint in the USA. I've been here ONE week and I'm already getting breakouts in the usual left temple area and some congestion on my cheeks. I brought all this other skincare that I wanted to finish (I saw this as an opportunity to finish off a whole bunch of half-finished stuff I had) and it looks like I will be placing an emergency EDS order for KH goods because I don't see my skin improving. I'm sure the climate change isn't helping it but it certainly has highlighted for me just how well KH had been working for me while I was using it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, wow, that's a strong endorsement which makes me want to try KH more. If I don't have breakouts, what benefits will I have? Does it have anti-aging benefits, or fine line reduction benefits?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using KH for a long while now and when I take a break and go back I always notice an improvement. It's a glow, a smoothness, a freshness. Many products are antiaging but they don't give the obvious appearance of improvement that KH does.

Now let's wait for Mabsy's take on this....
Mabsy

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Bira - I agree with sister sweets, other than controlling the breakouts my skin has a better and more even tone, and less bumps (congestion). Overall, I am very happy with KH, not happy that I didn't not bring it with me... :s

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |