Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for a GREAT mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon I'll have to check that one out!
Does it give much length or volume? I suppose it's not available in Canada?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon I'll have to check that one out!
Does it give much length or volume? I suppose it's not available in Canada?

I have always purchased at Whole Foods or another health food store, it's available online but being in the states as usual I am not sure about shipping to Canada.

Yes I get both length and volume with it and it has a nice soft feel not that crunchy feel of some mascaras! Smile

Found a few

http://www.purebodysolutions.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=PC/PROD/M/ZLM

http://www.whiterabbitbeauty.com/all_zuzu.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:

I noticed that Sephora has Buxom Lash in their top sellers. Has anyone tried it?

I didnt care for this mascara much. It just didnt seem to do anything special.

Maybelline Full n Soft is my good old stand by mascara. I always have one of these in my makeup bag.
Caris
5% products discount

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm another one that LOVES YSL false lash. I've used it for years now, and whenever someone raves about a new one they've tried I always do the one eye challenge!! I apply the YSL on one eye, and the other mascara on the other, exactly the same application and see which I like best. I also get whoever has the new one to pick which they like more. On my lashes the YSL hasn't lost yet!
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara on a whim after reading reviews on it. It does make your lashes thicker.

It's not natural though, for those looking for a natural product.

I do sometimes have trouble with mascaras that have "fibers". They seem to always get in my eye. Some of the Lancome ones cause me trouble. This one is fine.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=168359&tab=1#1&aid=328222
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been able to find Zuzu in Canada. I remember you mentioning that before on another thread .... It would be nice to be able to find these products locally as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
I haven't been able to find Zuzu in Canada. I remember you mentioning that before on another thread .... It would be nice to be able to find these products locally as well.

I don't know if the sites I linked to above have store locator's, I don't have any Canadian postal codes to put in so I didn't check! Shock Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
For years I have used L'oreal Voluminous or Maybelline Volume Express.
The L'oreal has about 66% repurchase on MUA. The wand has to be blotted before use which can be a real pain.
For a while I used Max Factor 2000 Calorie which is better than either the Maybelline or the L'oreal-- 73% of MUA would repurchase. Too bad Max Factor was dc'd in the states and now can only be bought online.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=973
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
For years I have used L'oreal Voluminous or Maybelline Volume Express.
The L'oreal has about 66% repurchase on MUA. The wand has to be blotted before use which can be a real pain.
For a while I used Max Factor 2000 Calorie which is better than either the Maybelline or the L'oreal-- 73% of MUA would repurchase. Too bad Max Factor was dc'd in the states and now can only be bought online.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=973

They did a relaunch about 5 years ago as just MAX and they had a great mascara, like the 2000 (which I loved) then just disappeared? They are the owners of Smashbox and funny I don't care for the Smashbox mascara's I have tried, and at those prices I better love it! Bad Grin Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

They did a relaunch about 5 years ago as just MAX and they had a great mascara, like the 2000 (which I loved) then just disappeared? They are the owners of Smashbox and funny I don't care for the Smashbox mascara's I have tried, and at those prices I better love it! Bad Grin Bad Grin

Smashbox is now owned by Estée Lauder Companies, Inc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I hadn't seen that, it was started by Max Factor and owned by them for a good while. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Smashbox mascara as well as the primer - didn't like either one. It didn't cause my sensitive eyes any grief, but I wasn't impressed with its performance. I actually threw it out rather than use it up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
I tried the Smashbox mascara as well as the primer - didn't like either one. It didn't cause my sensitive eyes any grief, but I wasn't impressed with its performance. I actually threw it out rather than use it up.

I had the same experience, mine was years ago when still owned by Max Factor, which was the reason I was willing to shell out for the Smashbox, I really liked the Max Factor mascara and thought their upscale line would be awesome.....NOT!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I hadn't seen that, it was started by Max Factor and owned by them for a good while. Smile

Max Factor & Company has been owned by Proctor & Gamble since 1991; prior to that it was owned by Revlon. Smashbox Cosmetics was founded in 1996 by the great-grandsons of Max Factor; it was recently sold to Estée Lauder. I don't think their formulations would be similar because neither company is related; the only relationship is the founders (familial). Smashbox was never owned by the Max Factor company.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
My favourite all-time mascara is Enamel Magic Melomovie Mascara Set from Holika Holika, a rather new Korea beauty brand (just opened in March), although it's rather new, but immediately fall in love with it! It can both volume and curl your eyelashes!! it's even a hit in Japan too (they fly to seoul to buy them!) it's slightly s-shaped, so make your eyelashes more curly! you must try it!
before I use baviphat Fiber Proof Volume Mascara because it's easily removed by warm water (no need to worry about irritation)

I got them both from online store @ izzakkaya . com
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been on a mascara kick lately and have tried several different kinds.

So far, the stand out favourite is Georgio Armani's Eyes to Kill. They don't have the newest Armani mascara at Holt Renfrew; I'll try that one when it gets here. It gives both length and volume without getting too clumpy. I've been struggling with extremely dry eyes since having bleph surgery, so I have to use eye drops really often throughout the day. Even with using the eye drops the mascara doesn't smudge or run, even though I'm not using the water proof version. It also comes off easily with Thalgo or Lancome's Bi-Facil remover. I have also used Marcelle Gentle Eyemakeup remover to remove it.

Shiseido's Perfect Mascara:
This is still a great mascara - one of the more conditioning ones I've tried. It also doesn't smudge with the use of eye drops. The only thing I have found is that it can clump my eyelashes together after repeated use of eye drops.

Yves St. Laurent:
I tried this mascara in burgundy. I used it on its own and didn't find it made my lashes look as good as the Armani one, but it does look nice over a black mascara. I apply some on the tips and it does my make eyes pop without looking pinky. Between Armani and YSL, I prefer the Armani, but the YSL is a firm second.

Dior Iconic Show Mascara: I was a little disappointed in this one. It was okay, but not worth the price. I won't repurchase it at this point.

Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P111902&om_mmc=esv103465-GG&om_kwpur=105235638&ppc_crid=1826020367&esvcid=S1290912510_ADOGOB_AGI1098855_CRE1826020367_TID105235638_RFDd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jYQ%3d%3d
I was really surprised at this mascara. It performs really well and the fact that it doesn't have any parabens is definitely a bonus. The price is also very good. It does smudge a little during the day, but if it weren't for having to use the PITA eye drops, I don't think it would have. The case is a little different. It looks like it is in a leather purple container. I prefer the standard mascara tube case, but it is unique and fun.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I was recently given a sample of Bobbi Brown's Extreme Party Mascara and was impressed:
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/spp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY22754&PRODUCT_ID=PROD15043

I found it very similar to Dior's Show, but I liked the brush better. I find Dior's brush a little too big to use all over my eye.

I was told that navy liners and mascara can make the whites of your eyes look whiter/brighter. My eyes can be very sensitive, so they can be a lovely shade of red a lot of the time. I do find the navy make the whites of eyes look better. After I finish my sample, I'm going to try this mascara in the denim/navy. I still like the Armani Eyes To Kill Mascara as my everyday, but if I want something extra on top, this will be a good one to use.

I didn't get any smudging or flaking and it came off easily with Thalgo eyemakeup remover.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
My fav mascara are Majolica Majorca and Loreal Volume Shocking Mascara.

Loreal Volume Shocking Mascara is with two heads, one is base, another is mascara. Very good match and the effect is just so great and long-lasting!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:

Loreal Volume Shocking Mascara is with two heads, one is base, another is mascara. Very good match and the effect is just so great and long-lasting!

Is that the Shiseido brand? I used Perfect Mascara by Shiseido and liked it as well. Shiseido Majolica Majorca got good reviews on Makeup Alley. Let me know if I've attached a link for the wrong mascara.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=74755/majolica_majorca_lash_expander/Shiseido_/Mascara

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I love the Volume Shocking mascara too, but can't find it in stores anymore Sad

It gave me perfectly lovely lashes and so few do that.

BF
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Katy wrote:

Is that the Shiseido brand? I used Perfect Mascara by Shiseido and liked it as well. Shiseido Majolica Majorca got good reviews on Makeup Alley. Let me know if I've attached a link for the wrong mascara.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=74755/majolica_majorca_lash_expander/Shiseido_/Mascara

Yes, you are right, Majolica Majorca is a sub-brand of Shiseido. And the mascara in the link is the newest version. It's great and you must try it!!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I love the Volume Shocking mascara too, but can't find it in stores anymore Sad

It gave me perfectly lovely lashes and so few do that.

BF

Yes, they are not always in stores...

but Majolica Majorca is another good choice!! you may try it. Though it's less convenient than Loreal's which is 2-in-1 with the base...
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Dior Show Mascara. I have used it for a few years, and have tested some others in between and keep coming back to Dior Show. It makes your lashes thick and very full, without clumping. Almost like you are wearing false eyelashes. It is an amazing mascara. I just finished the tube of Dior Show and now testing out the Dior Show "Iconic" Mascara the last 2 weeks. This mascara is just as fabulous, with the exception that it does not give that thick look but very long thin and separated lashes. I like both. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Katy wrote:
Time2Bme wrote:
Katy wrote:

Yes, you are right, Majolica Majorca is a sub-brand of Shiseido. And the mascara in the link is the newest version. It's great and you must try it!!

Thanks Katy ... when my current stock is finally exhausted, I will definitely try it !!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:22 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Time2Bme wrote:

I had the same experience, mine was years ago when still owned by Max Factor, which was the reason I was willing to shell out for the Smashbox, I really liked the Max Factor mascara and thought their upscale line would be awesome.....NOT!!!

Just want to explain my error about ownership,
when I saw the line presented at least 10 years ago or longer, the impression or my misinterpretation was because of the way that Smashbox was presented and the constant reference to Max Factor, so sorry if my earlier post caused any confusion for anybody! It really didn't dawn on me to track down the ownership, I won't make that error again! Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |