Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Mirenesse Icon Sealer (Concealer) Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this concealer for months (I have a few tubes of it by now as well) and I can safely say that it's one of the best ones I've tried and also quite fool-proof. The concealer comes in a tube with a felt-tip type applicator (like a lipgloss) and has a very liquidy consistency. It's the lightest-textured concealer I've tried so far. Because of this texture, it goes on like a breeze and also blends in very easily. After application and blending, it seems to turn powdery, which I think might be what is helping it last as long as it does. While I do have a tube in the office as well, I've found that it stays put so there is no need for me to reapply during the day.

I have problems with general darkness and veins around the eye area and this concealer does a fantastic job of covering that up (for the most part) and really brightening the eye area. Even when I'm really busy, this is still something I use every single day since it literally takes just 10 seconds or so to put it on and blend it in. I have been using this under MMU for the last few months and I have noticed that I need a slightly richer eye cream otherwise my eye area gets a little drier than normal, but this seems like it's caused more by the MMU than the concealer. One other point worth mentioning, while I favour this as an under-eye concealer, I tend to use MMU concealer for breakouts. The texture of the concealer is such that it blends well but I have not been able to get it to stay on top of a pimple to cover it up effectively. Might be just my technique as I have found that with other liquid/cream cleansers in the past.

The concealer actually comes in only ONE shade, which is supposed to be suitable for all. I'm not sure if that would indeed be the case for significantly darker tones (I'm around an NW20) but the yellow-based tone is perfect for me.

Overall, very well worth trying if you want something to brighten the eye area (especially since Mirenesse usually has travel sizes available at really low cost) and something that I see myself continuing to buy again and again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Well Mabsy, hope you can sleep at night! Laughing
Because of you I now ordered the mini concealer and the sheer pearl makeup. but they were kind enough to throw in a full sized tube of the 24 hour mascara and a lip gloss! Whee! I am excited to try them.
I love the Bobbi Brown concealer but it does stay a little too creamy and cause my mascara to smudge, so I am hoping this will be a good substitute.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Oh, the pressure is on! I really hope that you will like it as much as I do. I like their mascara as well - similar to Blinc Kiss Me - nice effect but it dries out a little fast in the tube. If that happens you can actually add a tiny little bit of distilled water (since the mascara is water soluble) so you get more out of it.

I have their Sheer Pearl makeup as well. Which one did you get - the skin clone powder in Sheer Pearl or the Tinted Moisturiser? The skin clone powder is great when I'm on the move. I don't use it everyday (still using my True pressed mineral makeup) but it's ended up in my gym bag because it's so quick and easy and comes with its own applicator. I haven't yet had the opportunity to use the tinted moisturiser much - looks very sheer.

Btw, if you ever get a chance to try Mirenesse eyeshadows then *please* do! Stila and Mirenesse are both my faves when it comes to eyeshadows - Mirenesse are divinely finely milled!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I got the powder. Is it like an actual foundation?

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it comes in the same packaging as Rare Minerals - i.e. a self-applicator. It is actually mineral makeup powder. I use it alone sometimes (when I'm in a hurry) though I don't think it gives as much coverage as Jane Iredale or True. They also have blush in the same packaging - nice, but a little too subtle for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
So if I need more coverage I can just layer another one over it? Thanks for all the help and I look forward to trying it.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you can but I find it a bit hard because I'm applying it with that big wide applicator and at some stage when I apply too much it looks too powdery on me. On the other hand, the trick here might be to actually use a brush if you want more coverage - that would also help with application around the eye area (which I find a little tricky).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I got it in and love the concealer. It turns nice and powdery and great as i am using it over my redness from my upper and lower bleph and concealer doesn't go on very well there.
Now how do I apply the makeup? Do you just dot it on or rub it? I have never had an applicator like that.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you like this!!! I've gone through quite a few tubes already.

Re: the MMU. I just dab it on and then rub in a circular motion. If you head over to the mirenesse page for the product http://www.mirenesse.com/catalogue/c7/c72/c133/c174 then underneath the image of the product there is a little video link. Mirenesse has recently added the 'master class' video series that shows how to apply each of their products. Very informative, though unfortunately it has made me buy more stuff Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, that will help me figure it out. I love it anyway, just need to fine tune the application part!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I'm very interested in this concealer. However, the fact that it comes in one shade concerns me. With my very fair skin I have to wonder.

I've been using Prescriptives' concealer (camouflage I think) that was custom mixed at the counter (their premixed lightest shade was too dark for me). I was having a really difficult time finding a concealer that matched my skin tone and didn't look too orangy. It works well for matching my coloring but I wish it covered my dark circles better. It comes in a sponge tipped applicator wand (like the Mirenesse you have) which I don't really like in terms of sanitary reasons. (What I do it wash my hands really well and then apply a couple of dabs onto the side of my thumb and use a concealer brush. It also helps me control the amount.) I use it for my blemishes when I'm in a hurry (which is most of the time) and it's alright. It seems to go more orangy for this application and doesn't seem to camouflage red spots as well. I prefer the coverage MMU concealer provides but it takes longer to apply especially when I have to put on a second coat. Generally, I prefer a liquid concealer rather than powder. I just wish that I could find a concealer that is good for around my eyes AND for blemishes. But I guess I could settle for a separate eye concealer and blemish concealer if they work well.

Anyway, could you please list the ingredients for the concealer? I am having difficulty finding it online.

Smile Thanks!

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
If you have very fair skin, the color will be perfect. It is a teeny bit light for me, but I mix it and it works well. I love the velvety feel. I don't know the ingredients as I have thrown away the box. You could call their customer service or email them.
Their mascara they sent as a freebie is awesome as well as their eyeliner. Both really stay on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Annie Smile

I was going to go ahead and order their small size for $8 but I see that it is sold out Sad. I will just have to email customer service for the ingredients- thanks for reminding me I could do that too. Smile

ETA:
Whoa! I see that they have a "Free" section (just pay S&H) for some of their products. But, I see I missed out on their icon sealer concealer... Sad

Then again, most, if not all, of their free stuff is "sold out"....

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add...

Annie, does the mascara flake at all? I can't stand flakey mascara.

Mabsy

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Amnis,

I prefer MMU concealer (or MMU as a concealer) for blemishes but prefer a liquid concealer for around the eye area and the Mirenesse one is perfect for that. I am VERY fair and the shade is perfect for me, so hopefully you won't have a problem in that respect. In terms of ingredients - sorry, the concealer does not come in a box. Mirenesse usually lists ingredients on a separate sheet they send out with each order and I have long ago thrown that away...

Btw, the mascara does not flake (at least not for me) with normal wear. It is similar to the Blinc Kiss Me mascara though (forms tubes over the lashes) so I find that if I really do rub my eyes it does flake a little bit.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy-you're right, all the products came together, no boxes. I do remember because there were several wonderful surprises in there!
The color is very neutral and I wore it yesterday without mixing it at all, now that the redness from the bleph and laser faded. It is such a nice texture.
The mascara is fabulous and doesn't flake. It is more like Blinc, but easier to get off and it seems less harsh on my lashes. I love it and it lasts all day. I used it on a trip to Vegas a week or so ago and accidentally slept in it. Woke up with it looking perfect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I used it on a trip to Vegas a week or so ago and accidentally slept in it. Woke up with it looking perfect.

That's a good test, alright! Any mascara I would sleep in would make me look like a raccoon!

annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it too and really loved it!
Stays put covers well .....all in all a very very good concealer!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |