Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DDF Bio-Moisture Eye Serum (14 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Mask (50 ml /  1.7 floz) Donell A+Q10 Cream (2.5 oz)
DermaRoller for stretchmarks

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jennypoo

Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used a dermaroller to help with stretchmarks? I want to order one but don't know whate sz to get. I'm afraid to do more damage to my skin. I have a few questions if someone can me PLZ.

What size?
how often do I use it?
do I use anything with it?

Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Jenny, if you do a search, you will find 20 posts on this subject.

- Go to the Search button at the top of the page.
- Key in: Dermaroller Stretchmarks
- Select "Search for all terms"
- Under Forum, Select "Skincare Tools
- At the bottom left, select "Posts"

You can then go to each post and read what forum members had to say.

After reading each post, click the Back button, and then Refresh the page...the same 20 posts will pop up again and you can read another.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, my friends use on strenthmarks, it useful, but the same time, it is better to use the strenthmarks product like Mamamio..
Denisew

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using dermaroller for stretchmarks for about 1 month now.

I roll it 2-3 a week with no numbing cream. (it's not painful).

I got the 1.5mm and after to roll (I do it really hard) I use the trislastin SR, and so I wrap the area.
I got AMAZING results.... I would say it's about 80% gone.

I can't wait to see the results in few months from now Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI...you are probably plowing down the new collagen by rolling that much. If they are 80% gone, then surely you can cut back to once a month?

Also, please be aware that acute inflammation that lasts for longer than 2 weeks turns into chronic inflammation and actually speeds up the rate at which you skin ages.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, my inflammation goes away in 2 days...
I only roll it again when the redness is completely gone.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Denisew wrote:
Bethany, my inflammation goes away in 2 days...
I only roll it again when the redness is completely gone.

Denise...do some research on micro-inflammation at the cellular level. Just because it is not visible to your untrained eye does not mean that it is not still there.

I would suggest that you educate yourself quite a bit further...
- There are numerous articles that I have posted that state how long inflammation typically lasts (and it is not 2 days, lol)
- Dr. Perricone has written numerous books on the topic
- You should acquire a copy of the following article from the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology: Chronic inflammation is etiology of extrinsic aging by Carl R Thornfeldt, MD, FAAD

Of course, if there is a professionally written article by a doctor that advocates using a 1.5mm roller 2-3x a week, please let us know about it... I would love to read it. The doctors that invented the rollers certainly do not recommend it....I know because I personally contacted them and asked.

I'm sure that this will not change your mind in any way, but I am posting in reply because I do not want other EDS'ers to think that this home-grown protocol of rolling 2-3x week is good for their skin in any way.

Ok..I am done posting on this topic. Best of luck!

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I wash just wondering how your results are now? I just started using mine a couple days ago, and I swear the stretch marks are already fading! I am a bit concerned though, as I don't want to overdue it, but the pamphlet said I could do it once a week if it was deep and daily if I was just using slight pressure. What are your thoughts? I want these suckers gone!
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
What you're seeing is the initial inflammation. They do look better initially, but it doesn't stay that way forever. I've rolled twice, 5 weeks apart, and I'm now starting to see some shallowing of the stretchmarks.

You really need to read the entire dermarolling thread as rolling once a week and/or daily isn't considered standard protocol.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you get the trislastin SR from? I would like to purchase a derma roller and try this. I had my seven year old and had no stretch marks but I now have a 20 month old and right after that I now have my 8 month old. I also have 4 stretch marks on both sides of my waist. They probably wouldn't bother me, but I'm not used to them and they are kind of high on the waist. I did some really intense massaging and I think it reduced them some. I also tried TCA chemical peel and didn't notice anything. Would you suggest I try the dermaroller? Thank you so much! Heather

Denisew wrote:
I'm using dermaroller for stretchmarks for about 1 month now.

I roll it 2-3 a week with no numbing cream. (it's not painful).

I got the 1.5mm and after to roll (I do it really hard) I use the trislastin SR, and so I wrap the area.
I got AMAZING results.... I would say it's about 80% gone.

I can't wait to see the results in few months from now Laughing
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
hardehe1 wrote:
Where do you get the trislastin SR from? I would like to purchase a derma roller and try this. I had my seven year old and had no stretch marks but I now have a 20 month old and right after that I now have my 8 month old. I also have 4 stretch marks on both sides of my waist. They probably wouldn't bother me, but I'm not used to them and they are kind of high on the waist. I did some really intense massaging and I think it reduced them some. I also tried TCA chemical peel and didn't notice anything. Would you suggest I try the dermaroller? Thank you so much! Heather

Hi, just thought I would post to let you know about a thread dedicated to derma rolling stretch marks on this board: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33739

Also another good thread with LOTS of information about derma rolling on here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460
redcrow1

Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Ive just got my DermaRoller and wanted to know if i can apply revitol right after using the dermaroller and also use palmer lotion.
havana8

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:18 am      Reply with quote
We seem to have two threads running concurrently with the same name, so we are locking this smaller thread to avoid having replies scattered between the two. Instead, please participate at http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33739 . TIA.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Weleda Plant Gel Toothpaste (75 ml / 2.5 floz) True Cosmetics Essential Radiance Skin Polish (100 ml / 3.39 floz) Pür Minerals Correcting Primer Redness Reducer - Green (30 ml / 1 floz)