Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream LIGHT - so so
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Given what a fan I am of Dr Hauschka skincare (with the exception of their eye cream) I never quite expected to find that my skin does not like the light version of the Rose Day cream - it's not moisturising enough for me.

I love the original rose day cream and it seems to have a similar effect on my skin that CDLM has (but cheaper and better smelling Smile). However, I always felt that it was a bit too rich, which is why I was super excited when Dr Hauschka brought out the light version. I tried to resist but ended up buying a full size of this and I've been using it over the last few months pretty much without any other serums or products.

As much as I like the scent and texture of the cream, my skin has been getting flaky around the nose area and my cheeks have also felt a little dry. This is unusual since I have combination skin at the moment. I've never had that problem with the Quince Day Cream (which I really like) nor the original Rose Day Cream. I started using Decleor Neroli oil again last week (under the cream) and my skin feels better - so, again, pointing to the fact that the cream by itself is not rich enough for me. I like it and will continue using it (with the Neroli oil) until I finish the tube but will not be repurchasing. I am, however, really tempted to get the original rose day cream again even though I know it's too rich for me to use on a regular basis, particularly with summer coming. Still, the original rose day cream definitely does something good for my skin, particularly when I'm stressed out.

Oh, before I forget, I should account for seasonal differences. It has been winter here, BUT I'm in Australia so 'winter' is a very different winter and it has actually been quite a warm one (about 20C, which is warmer than the 'summer' I experienced in Ireland in June!). Therefore, I have not being using a heater and it has also not been exceptionally dry. Perhaps if I were using it during our humid summer, it would have been ok.

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream - Light (30 ml)
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream - Light (30 ml)

All the protective, fortifying qualities of Rose Day Cream in a lightweight formulation, perfect for sensitive skin or use in warmer weather. Rose Day Cream Light transfers to your skin the invigorating powers of the rose to nourish hydrate and protect dry, sensitive skin for a calm, even and balanced complexion.

jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:48 am      Reply with quote
hi I am using the Moisturising Day Cream (the one in lotion form) and had previously used Quince Day Cream and sampled both Rose Day Cream and the light version. I agree with you on the richness of the rose day cream and the light version was really so-so, yet more costly. I am not sure what is CDLM but have you tried the moisturising day cream? It is actually quite good and probably richer than the rose light cream. I have normal/comdi-dry sensitive skin. Flakiness happens on my eyebrow, nose and sometimes cheek areas, esp in dry climates like Australia. But during winter, I am not sure if the moisturising day cream is sufficient for you but then again if your skin is not as dry as mine, it might work. Maybe if you can get the sample to try. Apparently it is provides a deeper moisturising effect than the Quince day cream but not as rich as rose day cream.
Mabsy

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I have tried the moisturising day cream before. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll make sure I try a sample. That does remind me though that I did like the toned day cream - so perhaps either of those two might be the next step into Dr Hauschka. For the next few months though, I'm going to try to restrain myself to use mostly Karin Herzog, so good old Dr H will have to wait a little while Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
hi, toned day cream is for normal-dry or sensitive skin. Yours is combination right? Regardless, I think sampling is always important. Hope you find the right skincare! Smile
Mabsy

Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is and because of that I'm thinking that it will be moisturising enough. You're right, it might be too much though - will make sure I get a sample!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Never have interest to try it.
The rose is really good for winter time as a moisture and a protect from the horrible cold wind.
I do not have any idea why to have a light one, that will not be enough for the winter time, and still too greasy for regular use.
rocruru
5% products discount

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream has the perfect consistency - rich, but not greasy. It leaves my skin looking dewy.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Is this product made with rosehip seed oil? I really want to incorportate it into my regime Very Happy
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:42 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the review........iv been looking for a new day cream at the moment.......and my skin is currently a tad bit on the dry side......so surely this product wont help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe your skin is too dry so rose cream is more fit to u. For me, I prefer rose cream light coz in summer, rose cream is too thick.
Maybe next time I'll try rose cream. I think using it in winter will be good.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I do not think so.
I think Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream is very suitable to sensitive skin. With its rose flavor and rose oil, this product could be used in every winter.
Besides, although it has a lot of effect on dry skin, this product would also do good for acne.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've only been using the Rose Cream (with Dr. H's the Cleansing Cream) for 2 days, and my skin looks significantly better - evenly toned and well moisturized . Unlike other reviewers, I don't find this in the least bit greasy. I'm careful to follow the instructions, pressing in a very small amount to my skin (when it's slightly damp). Along with the Cleasing Cream, it's an excellent product. Because of the price, I almost didn't buy them, but now I'm so glad I did.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both the light and regular rose creams and I really prefer the regular one. I just love that rose smell! I'm thinking about getting one and mixing some with my normalizing day oil occasionally--I hear that's a good thing to do for some folks.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:11 am      Reply with quote
The regular rose day cream is very rich and leaves an oily sheen behind on the skin. This lighter version is more like a regular lotion - sinks in quick and feels slightly waxy...no stickiness, or greasy shine. My skintype is combination/sensitive with a tendency to act more dry than oily, and I find the light rose day cream to not provide enough hydration. I much prefer the original formula because I can use it day & night and it's much easier to ration out. I'd still recommend this as a good alternative for those with normal to oily skin needing a non-irritating moisturizer that's non greasy and a suitable makeup base.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Given what a fan I am of Dr Hauschka skincare (with the exception of their eye cream) I never quite expected to find that my skin does not like the light version of the Rose Day cream - it's not moisturising enough for me.

I love the original rose day cream and it seems to have a similar effect on my skin that CDLM has (but cheaper and better smelling Smile). However, I always felt that it was a bit too rich, which is why I was super excited when Dr Hauschka brought out the light version. I tried to resist but ended up buying a full size of this and I've been using it over the last few months pretty much without any other serums or products.

As much as I like the scent and texture of the cream, my skin has been getting flaky around the nose area and my cheeks have also felt a little dry. This is unusual since I have combination skin at the moment. I've never had that problem with the Quince Day Cream (which I really like) nor the original Rose Day Cream. I started using Decleor Neroli oil again last week (under the cream) and my skin feels better - so, again, pointing to the fact that the cream by itself is not rich enough for me. I like it and will continue using it (with the Neroli oil) until I finish the tube but will not be repurchasing. I am, however, really tempted to get the original rose day cream again even though I know it's too rich for me to use on a regular basis, particularly with summer coming. Still, the original rose day cream definitely does something good for my skin, particularly when I'm stressed out.

Oh, before I forget, I should account for seasonal differences. It has been winter here, BUT I'm in Australia so 'winter' is a very different winter and it has actually been quite a warm one (about 20C, which is warmer than the 'summer' I experienced in Ireland in June!). Therefore, I have not being using a heater and it has also not been exceptionally dry. Perhaps if I were using it during our humid summer, it would have been ok.

Maybe your skin do not fit for this product.
My skin is a little sensitive and pretty dry in winter, so I like it so much!
Besides, I like the smell, and the rose oil in it.
monchan
5% products discount

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to try this moisturize. I am 25, Can I use it?
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am normal-dry skin,I love this cream.It made my skin so soft

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've used rose cream(not the light one) for 3 years and I think I will keep using it.
The package is really good design for traveling and the result is, my skin feels so soft and the smell of it is pretty nice.
halcyon_zyq
5% products discount

Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination-oily skin. I like it a lot as a winter cream. But for the coming spring/summer, it is not the best one, especially when I want to add another layer of sunblock.
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Love that cream .I received it as a simple. Love the smell. I have a sensitive skin and it's just perfect for me. Plan to buy a tube.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |