Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vivite Users
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
So I just started this line with a travel kit. I gotta say it's a little stingy initially; but I'm hoping it will subside. I alternate with the use of Avage which has been sitting in my drawer unused for sometime (though still good till next year thankfully).

I use 50 Neutrogena mixed into my homemade MMU foundations after in case I'm outside to protect.

I would love to hear your experience with this line both good and bad. I know there's been a lot of discussion regarding the Vibrance aspect of this line; but I am more looking for feedback with regard to diminishing fine lines and plumping the skin.

Thanks so much-

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think Fawnie uses or used this line, so hopefully she will weigh in. I used the Vivite for a brief period of time. I did not care for the eye cream, but I think I got a bad one, as it seemed dried out and clumpy? My favorite product was the night time cream, this one didn't sting to me. The day time product was just ok. I did not use it long enough to have any results, though!
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
They are using this now at my PS office but I don't think I will try it. I am still using and liking Obagi products.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Giving this a nudge:arrow: ; hoping Fawnie or anyone else will see it and let me know their results.

Thanks-

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! fawnie here! I did use Vivite for a while, but, since I am so fickle, I switched to SkinCeuticals C+E and Karin Herzog. I really did like Vivite - it was nice and moisturizing and did help with fine lines and evening out skin tone/fading sun spots. It's still in my rotation of miracles.

The trial/travel kit is a nice way to try it, but it really takes consistent use over at least 3 months to know if it's going to work, as with anything. I know PS tout it, since it's made by Allergan (Botox, Restylane), but I found better prices online. I had a bad experience buying from eSkinboutique on eBay though - a dried-up eye cream they sent me!

The exfoliating scrub is nice - the grains are rounded and not too abrasive. If you have tough hide like I do, it could be used every day.

I saw that Vivite was going to come out with a day serum with an SPF. Nice, but I prefer using my own SPF 30 physical sunscreen.

The night cream was great - very emollient. And I liked the eye cream. Let me know how you like them!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I started the Vivite line on Saturday evening last week. So I've been using it for 7 days. I am using the exfoliating wash, the day serum, night cream and eye cream that came in the travel/trial kit.

My skin is slightly t-zone with my nose and forehead a bit oily but not too much. My cheeks are dry as is my under eye area. I am wishing to address fine lines, nasolabial folds, and more pronounced lines (the '11' between my eyes and forehead lines etc). This line would be complimenting the Avage I have just now started to use (on alternating days) but have only actually used the Avage twice.

My initial use was a bit stingy for me but it subsided. I noticed some red patches that would come and go depending upon when I put the product on; especially at the corner of my eyes. As the days progressed I expected the redness to subside more and more as my skin got used to the product. It turns out I am going to have to cut back a bit. Not sure if its the new emu oil I just bought that is pushing the product more into my skin or not but I've actually now got a very red spot above my eyebrow (bordering on a scab Sad) and the crepiness under my eyes reminds me of the remodeling process you experience with CP's. So I am going to back off and start slow again alternating with the Avage. If the redness continues then the glycolic is def not the way to go for me.

Just thought I'd let you know how it's going.

Question with regard to Obagi; is it also a glycolic line and is it stronger/weaker if it is?

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
soccermominsd, Obagi is a combination of products, but the key actives are Hydroquinone, Retin A, and either phytic acid or lactic/glycolic acid (Exfoderm vs Exfoderm Forte).

Do you have hyperpigmentation, or just working on general anti-aging?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi soccer,
No expert here, but it does sound like the Avage + Vivite might be overdoing it. Could you cut back on one or the other and see what happens? As I recall, Retin-A was totally wrong for me and I couldn't ever tolerate it. The Obagi program, the same - too strong and I couldn't get past the "ugly dry" stage. Green Cream (retinol) was much better for me, altho a lot milder and it takes longer to get the results of Rx strength retinoid.

The exfoliating wash might also me too stripping for you. I'd use something milder and save the exfoliating wash for maybe once a week. And maybe a more emollient moisturizer. I think Obagi has something they call a "barrier" moisturizer that has no actives you could try. I'm not familiar with Obagi's glycolic line. Vivite was rec to me by my derm after I had peels/dermabrasion..she said it was a better-tolerated glycolic line since it was "buffered"...whatever that means, I didn't understand it. I liked it but I wanted to use retinol + vit C and couldn't see combining glycolic + retinol + vit C (too irritating). Some ppl do this though. Maybe you have to work up to it. Set the Vivite aside and come back to it maybe after you've acclimated to the Avage better. Just a suggestion! It takes a while to find what works for your own skin!!!

Thanks for the update!! Hope you have a beautiful day!
fawnie

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have a little hyperpigmentation but that is not what I'm working on; mainly the antiaging aspect.

Thanks for the info about Obagi!

rileygirl wrote:
soccermominsd, Obagi is a combination of products, but the key actives are Hydroquinone, Retin A, and either phytic acid or lactic/glycolic acid (Exfoderm vs Exfoderm Forte).

Do you have hyperpigmentation, or just working on general anti-aging?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much fawnie-
I am def cutting back. The CP's didn't work for me either and I'm not digging on seeing those familiar red lines under my eyes Sad

UHG-I have a facial tomorrow and she's gunna ask what the heck i did to my skin. Anywho I'm going to just stick with the Avage, bringing it back in slowly. I do have to find my HG skin care cream and eye cream. I always feel so dry but I don't want to look oily you know.

The Obagi C serum never came in from the seller I ordered it from; so I'm not even on that yet. I'm looking at Cellular Skin's C serum-I remember liking it quite a bit.

Thanks again for your insight and advice.

fawnie wrote:
Hi soccer,
No expert here, but it does sound like the Avage + Vivite might be overdoing it. Could you cut back on one or the other and see what happens? As I recall, Retin-A was totally wrong for me and I couldn't ever tolerate it. The Obagi program, the same - too strong and I couldn't get past the "ugly dry" stage. Green Cream (retinol) was much better for me, altho a lot milder and it takes longer to get the results of Rx strength retinoid.

The exfoliating wash might also me too stripping for you. I'd use something milder and save the exfoliating wash for maybe once a week. And maybe a more emollient moisturizer. I think Obagi has something they call a "barrier" moisturizer that has no actives you could try. I'm not familiar with Obagi's glycolic line. Vivite was rec to me by my derm after I had peels/dermabrasion..she said it was a better-tolerated glycolic line since it was "buffered"...whatever that means, I didn't understand it. I liked it but I wanted to use retinol + vit C and couldn't see combining glycolic + retinol + vit C (too irritating). Some ppl do this though. Maybe you have to work up to it. Set the Vivite aside and come back to it maybe after you've acclimated to the Avage better. Just a suggestion! It takes a while to find what works for your own skin!!!

Thanks for the update!! Hope you have a beautiful day!
fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
soccermominsd wrote:
I have a little hyperpigmentation but that is not what I'm working on; mainly the antiaging aspect.

Thanks for the info about Obagi!

No problem!

ETA: Sorry, but I did want to ask if you were using the emu oil on top of Vivite? Since emu is supposed to push actives in to the skin, (at least CP's), I would definitely not use that with the Vivite.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |