Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moroccan Oil - hype or worth it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
regularly use a few drops of the pure argan oil after towel drying my hair.

Diva, how do you use it? do you just run in your hands and than apply to hair tips, or throughout the hair shaft?
GreenDiva
5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I apply some to the palm of my hand, rub hands together to disperse and then apply by lightly scrunching my hair. If I need more in a specific area, I apply a few drops on my hand and smooth over just that area. Sometimes I brush it through as well. I have also done this on dry hair. For me, a light application does the trick.

If you want to deep condition hair and scalp with argan oil pre-shampoo, then put a more generous amount in the palm of your hand and massage into scalp and to hair ends. You can take a warm moist towel and turban your head with it to aid the absorption. Then shampoo and condition like usual.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
My stylist use this on my fine, thin hair and my hair feels great. No fizzies and my hair doesn't feel greasy. I love this oil.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Where do I get this oil in Canada?

I've tried local suppliers, they don't have it...
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a sample and I liked it very much. It especially helped with my tangles...I wonder if I used plain argan oil if the detangling would be as good, or the silicones are needed for that?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
I have tried a sample and I liked it very much. It especially helped with my tangles...I wonder if I used plain argan oil if the detangling would be as good, or the silicones are needed for that?

Using pure argan oil leaves my hair too greasy - Moroccan Oil doesn't.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you gals purchase this from, ebay or your salon?

How often do you use it and how long does this $40 bottle can last you?

Thanks.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased mine from amazon.com.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I buy my MO from http://www.cosmeticmagic.com/moroccanoil-oil-treatment-3.4oz.aspx for $27.99. They offer free shipping for orders $40 or more, otherwise shipping is $6.

I use it on my long, naturally wavy hair a few times a week and it's been great. I often blow dry and then flat iron my hair and my hair is still in really good condition. I used to be a bit hesitant of silicones and still try to minimize them because I won't use sulfate shampoos but the MO doesn't build up or get gunky, for me at least. I still haven't gotten even 1/2 way thru my first bottle and it's been months. I find that I use very little, even on my long head of hair. Good stuff.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a large bottle on Ebay with free shipping. I've got short bleached hair and I use a few drops everynight after conditioner washing. I also apply it before colouring. At the rate I'm going, the bottle should last a good 9-12 months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:32 am      Reply with quote
GreenDiva..have you used other natural oils..and found argan oil to be the best..or have you only tried the argan oil and found it to be effective?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have thin, fine 3b curly hair. My hairdresser used this on my hair last time I was there and I hated it. I didn't like the smell and it was too oily for my hair. Instead of getting clumpy curls I got a stringy wet-looking mess and she barely used any on my hair. I'm not rushing to buy this stuff.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I have thin, fine 3b curly hair. My hairdresser used this on my hair last time I was there and I hated it. I didn't like the smell and it was too oily for my hair. Instead of getting clumpy curls I got a stringy wet-looking mess and she barely used any on my hair. I'm not rushing to buy this stuff.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one..no mattter how little I use, it's a greasy looking, heavy mess.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
With oils, perhaps applying it to wet hair as a deep conditioner is a better choice than applying it and then drying off with a dryer?

I am about to apply some shea butter to my hair tips as I read somewhere that could be very helpful with dry splitting ends.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
i use oils and essential oils mixed in water and vinegar for my final rinse...2 cups of water..1 tbl. vinegar..ideally apple cider or brown rice vinegar..but any will do...& as many drops of oil or essential oils as wil make your oil shiny and beautiful..rather than oily or stringy...i have hair to my shoulders..which tends to be dry..so i use 12 drops of oil..but you can use as little or as much as you need to..should allow you to get the benefits of argan oil without the 'greasies'

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
i use oils and essential oils mixed in water and vinegar for my final rinse...2 cups of water..1 tbl. vinegar..ideally apple cider or brown rice vinegar..but any will do...& as many drops of oil or essential oils as wil make your oil shiny and beautiful..rather than oily or stringy...i have hair to my shoulders..which tends to be dry..so i use 12 drops of oil..but you can use as little or as much as you need to..should allow you to get the benefits of argan oil without the 'greasies'

Does vinegar dry you out? I thought acidic won't be good for dry tips....
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Moroccan Oil for a couple of weeks and can't say I find it all that different to other silicone type styling products (on my wretched hair anyway). Have tried using it on wet hair, dry hair, and both. I have noticed that my hair does seem to dry faster though, as others have noted. It does have a rather strong smell - don't know if this is the argan oil or some other ingredient. Maybe I'll try the straight argan oil...

Then again, I've got possibly the worst hair ever seen on a human and nothing else has helped much either - apart from a flat iron.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
My hairdresser gave me a free sample of Moroccan Oil. His words exactly were, "it's pricey, but good." It's the first product he's ever mentioned to me, so I thought it was probably just what I needed. On the other hand, he just started carrying it.

I have fine, thin, limp hair,colored - now severely dried out and cottony thanks to SWA from Ojon.

Hairdresser told me to put just a tiny bit in my hand, rub hands together and lightly pass them over my hair without rubbing it in. I think it put a little shine on and calmed down the flyaways. I don't think it did anything wonderful and special. I didn't ask about price; but I can't see myself buying it.

The scent overpowers my perfume, so I can't wear it during the day.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:28 am      Reply with quote
At a local hair salon, I just noticed that they are selling shampoo & conditioner! I wonder if it will keep up with the original oil?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I just bought the shampoo and condition... It's really nice so far... My hair is really soft.

I have have LOTS of fine hair (my pony tail is over an inch thick.) It's also a bit course, as much of it is gray.

I'll be curious to see how I do with the silicone in it.

My other favorite brand (and it's much more natural) is Loma - The pearatin line. Their repair and restore serum is really nice.

MO should be applied from the tips UP... so the bulk is at the tips... not the scalp...

Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I also use the pure stuff.. I get mine from Soelle Beauty and I love love love it. The best part is that I can use it on my skin too! It absorbs beautifully and my skin feels quenched and I wake up with an even complexion.. I put it in on the ends of my hair to tame the frizzies and mend the split ends.. I wouldn't put Morrocan oil on my face due to the silicones which I wary of and for the price I may as well get the pure stuff and use it on my skin as well.. nothing like multi-tasking.
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Moroccan Oil and did like it but I had to be careful or I'd get the greasies.

My hairdresser has tried all the aragan oils on the market and said she preferred the Agadir Argan Oil Hair Treatment. I tried it and have to agree. It's a lighter formulation and it comes in a plastic bottle with a controlled dispenser. The MO has a glass bottle with no dispenser so you can't control the amount you get.

My hair is fine, thin and limp. My hairdresser's hair is thick and curly yet we both prefer the Agadir.
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Could anyone try to describe the smell? I read it smells like a man, smells like almonds...what is your comparison?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:56 am      Reply with quote
mex0050 wrote:
Could anyone try to describe the smell? I read it smells like a man, smells like almonds...what is your comparison?

I think the smell is absolutely lovely, not at all like my husband - if that's any help!

Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hee all,
I discovered an online company that sells this oil.
They offer a free trial bottle however I got email for 'regular' customers offering a free bottle with the purchase of 2. Price is lower then regularly in the stores.
moroccanhairsolution (DOT) com/free-bottle.php

The trial bottle can be found here:
moroccanhairsolution (DOT) com/

Hope this helps Wink

And about the smell .. they added musk I believe since the original smell is not so nice.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |