Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the absolute best acne scar treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
eekamouse

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading all of your posts and there are a lot of great options it seems. But what do you all think is the be-all-end-all of acne scar treatments?
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if anyone can answer that; what it will always come down to is what works for that person.

For me my turmeric cleanser* and face brushing has really helped with the red marks on my cheeks. I've had the red marks for years and never thought they'd go. Now I do. This by no means will work for everyone though, because I don't think there's any one thing or one method that ever works for everyone.

I want to try LED lights for a number of reasons because the results people have been getting for scarring, skin tone and skin health has really been remarkable. I'm sure Bethany will be the first one to tell you the benefits of skin rolling and its ability to combat scars.

*I've said a few times on the board that if anyone wants the recipe to PM me, and the offer is still there Smile
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't usually point this out but I write many of my posts on the assumption that people ground their health and beauty in a good diet and healthy lifestyle.

That's probably a silly assumption to make, especially considering all of the misinformation out there about diet and nutrition.

Believe it or not I've seen many people on various message boards who've had acne scarring that has been improved by changing their diets. It goes without saying that you don't just feed your body when you eat: you feed your skin too.

Even if you know all this already, I think it's worth putting out there again.

I have no idea if any of this was useful, but welcome to the boards! Very Happy
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30611

Thought you might find the above thread useful too!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Eekamouse (cute name, btw!)

Welcome to the forum!

I second what Fox said - that each person is unique and what is the "best" for one person - might not be even "good" for the next.

You're doing the right thing, though, in doing your research first - and making an informed decision based upon the information you find.

It all depends on what *kind* of acne scars you are trying to treat too. If they're deep, pitted scars, your approach would be different than say, if you are trying to manage post acne pigmentation. I would definitely start with the more simple/gentle approaches (AHAs, microdermabrasion) before attempting the stronger ones (i.e. dermarolling, chemical peels).

Best of luck!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
I want to try LED lights for a number of reasons because the results people have been getting for scarring, skin tone and skin health has really been remarkable. I'm sure Bethany will be the first one to tell you the benefits of skin

I do think that the rolling clinicals show more benefits than LED clinicals do, and my personal experience has shown the same. And yes, I DO own multiple LEDs and multiple rollers...I would pick the rollers over the LEDs every time, with NO hesitation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I plan on purchasing the Baby Quasar Power Pack. My life doesn't allow for harsh chemical peels that need days of recovery and I want to be gentle with my skin anyhow. It's been through enough without me contributing! I have post acne scars and can honestly say that a topical regime does help. You have to be persistent! I use Mary Kay Acne spot treatment with 5% benzoyl peroxide which seems to fade scars somehow, and I use AVON Ageless Results Day Cream as a moisturizer and sunscreen which protects scars from darkening. It's inexpensive and isn't working miracles, but I know it's helping. My skin looks and feels healthier, and scars are fading. There isn't any help for my pock marks I'm afraid, that's why I intend on buying the BQ and keeping my fingers crossed hoping that will be my miracle. I would suggest that any topical treatment for scars has to be used religiously!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
The remergent DNA Formular is very good
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I would also recommend using a Dermaroller. You could also look into the use of Copper Peptides atwww.skinbiology.com
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just discovered that through experimenting lately, you might want to try it...
I find yogurt mask is really good at lightening acne scars, all you need is a plain white yogurt and apply it on your face, let dry.

it worked wonders for me, lightened the scars I got from some pretty nasty zits I got a couple months ago from going on to Retin-A micro
justinapan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
If you have really puzzle by it,you should go to see the doctor.No product is good for everyone
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
There are some good laser tratments you can get from your doctor. A series of like 10 microdermabrasions could make a different. OR standard dermabrasion. Also, collagen can be injected in ice pick scars. There are so many options actually. I have been on Retin A for a while. I cant say it makes a huge difference on depressed scars, although it could. But it sure helps with those red/brown marks that acne leaves behind.
Banh
5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Try pure jojoba oil, it helps with the scars, my post-operation scars lightens a bit after a week of use.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
If you are trying to fade the red marks left after the pimples start to heal, then an exfoliator plus a skin lightener would help. Some lighteners are Kojic Acid or Arbutin (not sure on that one). Exfoliators that work well are retinoids (they get into the cell and help to regenerate and speed up the cell renewal) as well as a BHA (for the oily skin types) or an AHA for dryer skin. One of those can speed up the fading for you. A combo will work even better, but you need to be careful if you have sensitive skin.

If you have redness plus some pitted scars to deal with, I would try copper peptides from Skin Biology and the dermaroller. Skin Bio has a forum and several on there are using the combo for their acne scars with great results. SB has a section explaining which products they have that will work for scars. http://www.reverseskinaging.com/scars.html I've actually had success myself on a few scars using the CPs with a BHA & Retin A. The CPs have studies backing their claims on skin renewal and they work best with some type of exfoliation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Fox wrote:
I want to try LED lights for a number of reasons because the results people have been getting for scarring, skin tone and skin health has really been remarkable. I'm sure Bethany will be the first one to tell you the benefits of skin

I do think that the rolling clinicals show more benefits than LED clinicals do, and my personal experience has shown the same. And yes, I DO own multiple LEDs and multiple rollers...I would pick the rollers over the LEDs every time, with NO hesitation.

What's a roller?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
MMarble wrote:
What's a roller?

See here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=22460

Happy reading! Very Happy
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
Could you please recommend which dermaroller you use and give me an example of the protocol you use, frequency of use, etc. in treating acne scars, also, how would you incorporate CPs with a dermaroller. I gotta say, I'm glad you say a roller works better (than the LED) as it is much more affordable. Also, if you could give me a link on where to order best rollers, I would be very grateful, thanks!
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I've been recommended to try tamanu oil on a different thread here. A lot of EDS gals have reported much improvement to pigmentation and red marks left over from acne.

I've been unable to get hold of it so far but, in the meantime, i've bought a little jar of bio-oil. it's for scars, stretch marks etc. So, hopefully, it'll help a little plus i can start using it on my tummy as i'm pregnant and want to avoid stretch marks.

I've also read that argan oil may also be useful for pigmentation, although not as successful as tamanu. i guess it would be ideal if you're into simplistic natural products for your skin.

HTH

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |