Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: Suki Intensive Brightening Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Momos
5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
This cream dried me out! Significantly! I was using this during the day and the Pevonia Sevactive Dry Skin Cream at night. I didn't know which one it was at first until I rubbed the suki around my nose and by the next day the skin around my nose was peeling! I really wanted to like this product too Confused

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
i'm a product expert at suki--i thought i might be able to help!

the intensive brightening cream is meant to be applied in a small amount while the skin is moist with toner. if it is applied to skin that is dry it may not have the chance to fully absorb, and this can lead to a dry feeling like the one you described.

i'd encourage you to try using a small amount of intensive brightening cream and take a moment to gently and fully massage it in while the skin is moist.

you should get great results this way--you'll find it is a very rich, nourishing cream and the vitamin c is wonderful for brightening and evening skin tone!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Suki Intensive Nourishing Cream (30 ml / 1 floz)
Suki Intensive Nourishing Cream (30 ml / 1 floz)

Use this super-rich, ultimate daily moisturizer to even, brighten, richly de-puff & protect. professional grade blend of antioxidants, polypeptides, natural collagen & skin brighteners deeply penetrates into skin cell layers to help increase luminosity, prevent free-radical damage, retexturize skin's surface & stimulate collagen production.

Replaced by {{17692}}.

Momos
5% products discount

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great I'll give it a shot! Thanks so much for the advice Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if there are any updates on this.

Or if anyone has used the brightening cream with good results. I have tried it on its own and found it a bit drying also, so now i have just started to use it over Suki's nourishing serum. (I'll update after i've used this combination for longer.)
emma-claire

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have most of the Suki products (well, that EDS stock anyway!). The brightening cream is great, and as suggested by Julie make sure the skin is moist from toner. I put 2 pumps all over my face after toning and up under the eyes as well. I am on my second bottle and I am sure this will always remain a staple for me. My skin tone has evened out and looks younger (which can be a mean feat when you are over 40).
Another tip: I bought the Suki concealer (the pale one) because the foundation was too dark. At first this was really difficult to apply but I came up with the following process: cleanse, tone, brightening cream and then straight away before the brightening cream is dry, put the concealer all over the face (only a small amount). This would only be recommended if you want a really light coverage, almost seamless. The result is great looking natural skin throughout the day.
Hope all this helps.
Cheers
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
emma-claire wrote:
I have most of the Suki products (well, that EDS stock anyway!). The brightening cream is great, and as suggested by Julie make sure the skin is moist from toner. I put 2 pumps all over my face after toning and up under the eyes as well. I am on my second bottle and I am sure this will always remain a staple for me. My skin tone has evened out and looks younger (which can be a mean feat when you are over 40).
Another tip: I bought the Suki concealer (the pale one) because the foundation was too dark. At first this was really difficult to apply but I came up with the following process: cleanse, tone, brightening cream and then straight away before the brightening cream is dry, put the concealer all over the face (only a small amount). This would only be recommended if you want a really light coverage, almost seamless. The result is great looking natural skin throughout the day.
Hope all this helps.
Cheers

Thank you for your review. I am still on the fence about this one, as it seems to slightly irritate my skin, even when applied over Suki's moisture serum (which i love, and most of the time use on its own). I have a suspicion that my skin doesn't like (mild allergy maybe?) the willow bark extract (salicylic acid), and i remember i had similar irritation when i tried the aspirin mask.

Lucky it works for you! Smile
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
correction - white willow appears on the ingredient list, but it is actually the same as willow bark (as far as i understand).
emma-claire

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think that sometimes we want to use lots of products and maybe overload the skin, as well as using different brands! I had an allergic reaction (really bad) to Idebenone which Priori uses. I now make sure that the products I use are either really natural and don't use too many chemical products at once - maybe the skin gets confused.
I suggest that because you have the Suki keep using daily and see how it goes. I use it at lunch to brighten up my face for the rest of the day - but with dry skin and it seems to work well, even though it is suggested to put on a damp skin. I reckon it can't be doing any harm and I have not had any reaction.
emma-claire

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention that the moisture serum is good, glad you like it too. I sometimes use it really early in the morning after cleansing to give my skin some moisture after toning. The trick is to not load up with moisturiser asap after that, give the serum time to get into the skin before putting anything else on.
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I used the moisture cream it was not good as I imagined.
rocruru
5% products discount

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I used the pure facial moisture-nourishing. I think it's good .
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:43 am      Reply with quote
i thought its best to use lightening/brightening products at night because during day time you can make it worse or end up getting more pigmentation due to sun rays even if your wearing sunblock!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
i like the day cream that can be used before my sunscreen and not leave some white scraps on the edge of the face.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I really liked the lemongrass cleanser, tuna. The smell is heavenly. It cleansed and exfoliated at the same time, which is unique. I found it to be a very mild product.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am interested of it before. I am afraid to use see this topic
Momos
5% products discount

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
OK so I started using this product "properly" per the above recommendation and I do kind of notice that it's minimally reduced the splotchiness in one area, but the freckle that was there is still the same. It still dried out the apples of my cheeks if I used it everyday as well so I didn't even try using it on the whole face. I don't know how moist your skin is supposed to be put I did spray my face with MD Formulations antioxidant spray beforehand which is a really light mist. You win some you lose some I guess Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
the intense brightening cream does work well. I also have used the mask. I have had better results with the Jurlique balancing day creme and biodynamic night lotion. I didn't expect the tone of my skin to change, and it looks great. Each day I see a difference.
alyk
5% products discount

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Momos wrote:
This cream dried me out! Significantly! I was using this during the day and the Pevonia Sevactive Dry Skin Cream at night. I didn't know which one it was at first until I rubbed the suki around my nose and by the next day the skin around my nose was peeling! I really wanted to like this product too Confused

I have dry-tending skin w/mild-ish rosacea and this is the only product that's made a difference - really reduces the redness. i tired switching to something else, and got more red, switched back and better again. i've seen no effect on darkness around eyes, and no drying at all. i make sure to apply when my face is still moist with vit c serum and toner. I'm about to try the brightening serum to see about taking the redness removal to the next level.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
wow! Any one have used it and is it useful for the spots?
alyk
5% products discount

Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
wow! Any one have used it and is it useful for the spots?

I haven't seen much diff in freckles or spots, except for under eye, but I think only combined with marini c-esta eye cream.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |