Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Confused about eye area
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

We have heard about how the skin around the eye is more sensitive than the rest of our face, hence all the eye creams out there. What about the part right above the eye lid (right between your eyebrow and eyelid).. What product can we apply there?

Not to be paranoid, but shouldn't we also protect that area with sunscreen? Can the sunscreen I apply on my face be applied there as well?

In addition, I think my eyelids look so droopy, can someone please recommend a product to fight this? TIA
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
It sure does get confusing!!

Good question about the sun block in the fragile eye area. I wear glasses so I think this helps somewhat. Good idea to wear sun glasses when you go out. Squinting does not do us any favors.

I have been using Okusil around my eyes. The greatest improvement was to the upper eye area. The skin is much firmer and the tone of the skin is lighter. I am very pleased with the results.

May I also recommend for the upper eye to do some exercises. Raise and hold brows up for a slow count of ten. Also lay your two pointer finger across the top of your brows. Raise your brow and pulse keeping the brows raised and the pointers on top of brows(almost like lifting weight - your fingers being the weight). You will feel the burn. When I do these exercises I notice a great improvement in my eyes.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sunscreen is probably good in the eye area if you can get one that doesn't get in the eye when you perspire. Since sun damage breaks down the collagen matrix, it makes sense that keeping the sun damage to a minimum would keep the eye area more firm looking.

I use the ES firming mask for my upper eye area (and lower as well). When I do the masque on my whole face (1 or 2 times a week) I can actually feel the lift in the brow area. It feels like I'm raising my eyebrows as much as I can for the full 25 min. That has helped tremendously with that "hooded" look in the eye area. When I began with the masque almost 6 months ago, I could see no portion of my lid, the overhang was so bad. Now, at least 1/8" of my lid shows and the eye area looks much more "open".

I also mix a very small drop of the masque with the ES argireline serum and use that on my eye area every night. It firms the area and it looks much smoother and not puffy in the morning. My reasoning also says that since the mixture firms over the eye, that you are not creating as many wrinkles during the night as you lie on the side of your face.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
freckles127 wrote:

We have heard about how the skin around the eye is more sensitive than the rest of our face, hence all the eye creams out there. What about the part right above the eye lid (right between your eyebrow and eyelid).. What product can we apply there?

I was told that it's ok to put eye creams all around the eye as long as you only apply them to the orbital bone area. So, if you have an eye cream that contains sunscreen it should be ok. Also to make sure you only apply with your ring finger as this is the weakest digit and therefore you'll be using less pressure on the fragile skin around the eye. (Apologies if you already know this! Very Happy )
As for recommendation of eye products Confused I can't really suggest any. I've only recently started using an eye cream and I'm still in the middle of my trial. I'm using 2 different products, one on each eye area so that I can compare results.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Freckles, I'm going to try these eye/ brow excercises that Winnie's suggested... Very Happy I think any kind of massage you give to the face or to the eye area is great and helps with lymphatic drainage. It might help with getting rid of the hoods above and with the bags below the eyes. I don't actually have bags as I try and get good quality sleep, but sometimes when I've slept for too long my eye hood looks puffier, and I believe that's due to fluid retention.

I think it's good to apply an eyecream that has an SPF in it to the whole eye area (except the inner corners) as you would apply sunscreen to your face for sun protection. I wouldn't use the sunscreen I use on my face on the eye area, only because the formulations are thicker and aren't really suitable for the eyes, and also to avoid milia.

Murad's Essential C Eye Cream SPF 15 is excellent, it has caffeine (which helps to reduce puffiness) and some Vit-C to renew and firm... but best of all, it's such a great formula that doesn't cause irritation, comes in a bacteria-free pump bottle that lasts for ages, I think mine lasted for 4 months.. you won't look back once you've used it. Smile
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the advice.

Winnie, wondering where I can purchase the Okusil you were talking about. I tried doing those eye raising exercises in front of a mirror but then my forehead creases!! So it's the lesser of two evils. Wink

I'm also wondering if that Murad product that was recommended is safe to put on the area between eyebrow and eyelid. I've put creams near my eye area for years until I read here it was bad to apply further than the orbital area...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
freckles127,

I don't know how old you are but the brow raises might TEMPORARILY show more creases on forehead but in the long run it firms that area. I need to get myself another Carol Maggio Facercise book.

Anyway you can read about Okusil at http://www.janson-beckett.com/index.asp. I have been using it for almost three months and like it very much. My eye area is the part of my face that needed the most work. As far as the Murad you are using I really don't know anything about it. I put the Okusil all round my eye but avoid the lid itself. I have found that I don't need a moisturizer over it with my combo skin. A few times I have put Dr. H.s rose cream over it.

Oh, even though I don't believe eye exercise will give you forhead wrinkles in the long run, I would rather have a few lines on my forehead then hooded lids. The eyes are the windows to the soul.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

Oh, even though I don't believe eye exercise will give you forhead wrinkles in the long run, I would rather have a few lines on my forehead then hooded lids. The eyes are the windows to the soul.

It's downright exasperating that age forces us to make this kind of decision! Mad

JUDY

Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I've got the Murad Essential-C eye cream with SPF15 and it's my favorite SPF eye cream I use it all over the eye area in the morning and use a non-SPF eye cream at night. I do find though that if I use eye creams over the eye lid at night I do sometimes wakeup with puffy eyes. The only exception here is the Cellcosmet cream. No puffiness plus it actually states on the box that it can be used on the eye lid. I also try to be very gentle though and do use my ring finger to apply all eye creams.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Judy Marshall wrote:

It's downright exasperating that age forces us to make this kind of decision!

I totally agree with you, Judy. Its that darn gravity!! I figure the only way to avoid these age-related changes would be to stand on our heads half of every day. Very Happy Very Happy starting when we were about 18! Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:13 am      Reply with quote
I actully just put sunscreen all around the eye area and have had not problems with it. Maybe I shouldn't though, its so confusing!! hmm
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
No reason not to apply sunscreen all around your eyes except that if it migrates, it can sting and burn.....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |