Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

compact mineral make-up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I can't get on with mineral make-up at all. It puffs about everywhere, all over my clothes, down the sink. I am out of control Embarassed Pray

LL
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, I know what you mean. Pur Minerals makes a nice pressed powder. I would do a search on the internet to see what else comes up under pressed mineral powder.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have one from aubrey nicole.

Crying or Very sad

Not that great. I use it to set layers of spf cream in hottest summer, so I dont look too 'white'...

I couldnt find a colour match, and it is very difficult to get it on evenly.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I use Pur Minerals. It's great for convenience and when I'm in a hurry. Bare Escentuals is better. Jane Iredale has a compact mineral makeup. I've been tempted to try. They sell it at EDS.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
This may not be what you're looking for, but I always thought the Bare Escentuals Beauty On-The-Go Kit looked useful. I don't wear MMU except for concealer, so it doesn't quite suit my needs. But if I ever start wearing MMU, you can bet I'll start carrying one of these around in my purse!

They also make a slightly bigger Flawless Face Case plus a powder-dispensing brush. Plus, you can buy your own powder-dispensing brush and put whatever MMU you want in it.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the following pressed:
Pur Mineral - didnt care for this one, seemed too powdery
Jane Iredale - love the old formula,dont know about the new formula
GloMinerals - this is very nice, but I had trouble finding a good color match.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Everydayminerals has a PRESSED POWDER foundation that is free of Bismuth Oxychloride, unlike Jane Iredale and Pur Minerals. It is also free of silicones. The base is jojoba oil. It has nice coverage and dewy finish. The website iswww.everydayminerals.com.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I like Jane Iredale product.
I wish I could buy Bare Essentials, but I live in Canada and unfortunately we can't buy it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Cargo blu_ray pressed powder is a nice product for use over sunblock for a no makeup look. Sometimes ss can look too shiny, or not finished enough. A little of this powder that comes in a compact takes off the shine and evens out the tone of my skin. It only comes in one color, but after it's buffed in, it looks very natural and pretty!
I found it at Sephora. Of course.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Everydayminerals has a PRESSED POWDER foundation that is free of Bismuth Oxychloride, unlike Jane Iredale and Pur Minerals. It is also free of silicones. The base is jojoba oil. It has nice coverage and dewy finish. The website iswww.everydayminerals.com.

I read reviews of this one that were offputting on mineralmakeupmania board.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think reviews can only help to some extent. If you really are interested in pressed powder that doesn't have silicones and bismuth oxychloride, there are not many choices available. And if your skin does well with natural oils, like jojoba, the Everydayminerals product is worth a try. It isn't horrendously expensive (USD12). Based on my own experience, the colour match is fairly good for those using MAC Studiofix liquid NC20 (either Fair Yellow or Golden Fair pressed powder) and MAC NC25 (Golden Fair pressed powder is suitable for those who are on the fair side of NC25).
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:46 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Lara1"]I like Jane Iredale product.
I wish I could buy Bare Essentials, but I live in Canada and unfortunately we can't buy it.[/quote]
The Shopping Channel in Canada sells Bare Escentuals regularly. Can't you purchase it from EDS?
Mabsy

Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I've tried two pressed MMUs - Jane Iredale and True Cosmetics.

I went through quite a few compacts of Jane Iredale and really like this. Then, for a change, I decided to try True and at first didn't like it (seemed too powdery once applied). It's grown on me a bit but my next pressed MMU purchase will be Jane Iredale again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Colorscience also has a mineral pressed pigment.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
I like Jane Iredale product.
I wish I could buy Bare Essentials, but I live in Canada and unfortunately we can't buy it.

I recall Sephora sells Bare Escentuals in Canada. Rolling Eyes
havana8

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:

Lara1, you can get BE at EDS. You just need to be logged into your store account to view.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/bare_minerals_Loose_foundation_Shadows.htm
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Mirabella makes a nice compact MMU. It is sold in salons only. I think you have to experiment to find one that works best for you, since they are all so different.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
me too, i'd go with jane iredale. i've been using it for long, pity EDS is discontinuing the line.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Lumiere recently announced they will have a pressed version in January. I'm really looking forward to it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |