Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

So discouraged .. why am I still breaking out?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I had a similar kind of acne. From your description (deep painful cysts near the jaw/mouth) I think it's definitely hormonal.

Spiro cleared mine up right away. I tried supplements and cutting out dairy but that had zero effect. Spiro got rid of everything in about three months.

I'm also wondering whether Retin-a is really working for you. I used to use it, found that it really irritated my skin and didn't help my acne much. I switched to Tazorac and got really great results. They are not quite the same thing, so maybe you should look into this as well (if you haven't already).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
The way I understand it, black currant oil reduces inflammation. Also, an added perk is it really helps with pms. I usually have really bad cramps, but the last time I got my period, which was after takin black currant oil supplements for a couple of weeks, I had practically no pain.

So, really I would continue taking it if all it did was help with pms but I believe it helps skin too. Although I had some ups and downs, I think that my skin is overall a little better since takin the bco.

sahmisme wrote:
Thanks again everyone! So much advice!

Nimue, I never heard of black currant oil supplements, how do they help?

Manslayerliz I'm glad to hear it worked for you! I'm really going to push for this when I see my ob/gyn on Thursday. If they have to test for levels of androgens so be it. We'll just go from there then I suppose. I have not tried Juicy Green Apple Peel. I think I'm so fed up with products, and I feel like I've spent a small fortune on acne products. I'll check it out though since it's recommended. Wink

Quote:
the reason why you have acne around your mouth maybe because you eat a lot at one time, or your digestive system doesn't function properly, or you lack VB.

I've never heard of this!! I don't eat a lot at one time though, not sure about my digestive system. I really think this acne is hormonal though.

Annie B, that's exactly where I'm breaking out, my chin, neck and jaw, deep painful acne. My FACE hurts. My friend was recently diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome, and she was having horrible acne problems. I'm not sure how they treat that. Good luck to you! Hope it's nothing major. I don't know if you can develop a tolerance for birth control either. I've been on them for years and I have to stay on them because they reduce my risk of ovarian cancer. (I'm high risk)

I did look at the dairy and acne thread. I have really minimized my dairy intake. I do have a bowl of cereal in the morning but I don't drink the milk. I might have a yogurt once a week, and I never eat cheese anymore.

I tried to answer most of you but there's a lot of advice there! Oh it's funny, I've had 2 babies and I still have zits, so that didn't work for me. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Nijey I'm really using retin-a to help with lines and roughness. I've seen improvement with that so far. I really don't think anything I put on my face at this point is going to help this acne. I think the only way to fix it is to go to the cause, which I'm convinced is hormones. I would put up a photo (I took one today as a before to compare with after I start spiro, if I get it) but I really don't want to gross anyone out. I haven't left my house since Monday because of it, and I'm not going anywhere until my ob/gyn appt tomorrow.

Thank you for the info Nimue. Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |