Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Non surgical way to make your jaw bone smaller?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I guess there's no such thing right? No creams or lotions or exercise can help with that besides surgery. I consider myself having a wide jaw bone and it gets more prominent as I get older Sad

Covering it with hair helps but still I can't always cover my face with long hair... Contouring makeup helps in photos but not so much in person. It kinda looks fake too if u contour so much as it looks obvious. At the side, my jaws still look wide. I won't say I have a square jaw but more of a wider than usual jaw. Or round?...I really don't know
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I doubt anything but surgery can help.

But I wish I had a strong jaw. Mine is awful, barely there. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Some people use botox to reduce their jaw bones. You should consult a doctor about that.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there's a non-surgical way to make it smaller. I'd say you should try to embrace it--it's better to have a strong jaw than a weak one (better in terms of aging as well--flesh 'drapes' better on prominent bones).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
botox can be used and is ften used to change the square jaw f some asians...the difference is remarkable! I have seen incredible results.Just google and you will find photos.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy, this probably isn't the reply you want, but I think wide jawbones are beautiful!
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
[quote="ruk1"]Some people use botox to reduce their jaw bones. You should consult a doctor about that.[/quote]

I've heard about this as well. It actually immobilises the muscles so the muscles shrink overtime. I've heard that you have to be careful because the botox can seep down your neck and also don't we have major lymph nodes around the jaw and neck? Personally, I'm abit scared of botox.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I think so. No cream or lotion can fix it but makeup can improve it.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
nickieygirl wrote:
Yes, I think so. No cream or lotion can fix it but makeup can improve it.

Agree. And maybe hairstyle can help too. Very Happy
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Botox has been used for calf reduction, too, on asians with radish calves.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I guess there is only surgical way. I don't know how your jaw looks like, but there is a way to optically minimize the size by using a make-up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
Welll, as you get older your jaw looks wider as your cheeks shift downwards so that you have more flesh lower down and less where your upper cheeks used to be Confused . There's no way to alter the bone structure but you can do quite a lot to pull the cheeks back up with facial exercise... Stardustdy you don't have to do my exercises, you're young, so even relatively gentle facial exercise should help you quite a lot Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the replies! Smile

I guess I'm too chicken to undergo Botox but I'm thinking how can that decrease my jaw bone size. It's more for the excess fat or skin on the face I found. I have a wide jaw due to the bone structure.

I did look up pics online but they're not too impressive for me. Besides, it's a long term maintainence and costly. I guess I'll just live with my jaw then Very Happy

I guess makeup and hairstyle do help a bit...even clothing does too. sigh... nothing can be perfect in life sometimes Sad
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy, I don't think the Botox will help you. As you said before it is your jaw bone you want to reduce. Surgical treatment may help, but is it worth it? You will have to go through the operation with general anaesthesia which is very hard for the body to recover from. Also, how much will they reduce in size of the jaw and may be you will not be able to get the effect you want. It is too serious to go through surgery and then find out that it is not what you wanted.
I am sure with the right make-up application and careful choosing colours of the clothing you will get your jaw look smaller.
May be your jaw is your charm that makes your unique! If you look at this from this point you will feel much better.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |