Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Numbing Cream/gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Mythtern
5% products discount

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if it is safe to apply 5% lidocaine to large areas of the body like the thighs. I have a 1.5 dermaroller and have used it without numbing but I feel that if I use lidocaine that I would see better results because of a more thorough job. Also is it o.k. to use before electrolysis? Thank You in advance C Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mythtern wrote:
Just wondering if it is safe to apply 5% lidocaine to large areas of the body like the thighs. I have a 1.5 dermaroller and have used it without numbing but I feel that if I use lidocaine that I would see better results because of a more thorough job. Also is it o.k. to use before electrolysis? Thank You in advance C Very Happy

They say that you should be careful applying any numbing agent in large amounts, especially if it is one of the triple agent numbing creams. Maybe you could break up the sections you want to do and take a break for a couple of days between areas?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I would also recommend thoroughly wiping the numbing cream off the skin before proceeding to roll. This prevents the bulk of it from penetrating the skin.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have Lidocaine 5% ointment, and Xylocaine spray (10mg Lidocaine per spray). If I wipe it off the numbness disappears almost instantly, so I keep it on. Is that a bad idea?

The Emla cream I bought recently is more effective. (Also rolled with it on, though it was only a thin layer Embarassed !).

Another one I've seen is Ametop 4% gel, with tetracaine. Has anyone tried it?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
If I wipe it off the numbness disappears almost instantly, so I keep it on. Is that a bad idea?

You're supposed to wipe it off to stop it from penetrating into the bloodstream. Your skin should still be numb. Maybe you could try covering the numbing cream with plastic wrap after you've applied it - this increases its effectiveness.
Mythtern
5% products discount

Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all...awesome posts....after I had posted I started wondering if I should wipe it off before I roll..so thanks for answering that too..C Very Happy
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mythern,

Just be careful with using "too much" numbing cream on a large area. I know that when I got Fraxel done on my face - they used a large-ish amount of Emla (just on my face) to numb me.

After the procedure, I was definitely a bit light headed and felt my heart racing a bit. The dermatologist told me that that was a result of the anesthetic (Emla).

If you have any sort of heart condition or any health concerns, you might want to consult your doctor - and/or proceed with caution.

Not to sound like a mother hen, but just want you to be careful and safe! Smile
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the aften-sun suburn pain relievers are made from lidocaine - Ocean Potion is the one I know about so I doubt this is terribly bad for you as it will defintiely be goin on larger areas like legs...(although I am not sure the percentage of lidocaine in Ocean Potion).
massimo

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Y'all,

Just wanted to share this bit of gem I found recently. If you haven't heard of Topicaine, you might want to do a google on that. An alternative to Emla would be to use Topicaine. The claims/clinical findings on this product, in terms of numbness) have been found to be more effective than Emla. What's more interesting is that you don't require occlusion to make it effective and because its not categorize as drugs, you can purchase this without a prescription.

Here are the sites:

Ok, I can't seem to link the sites (because I'm a new member) but yea, do a google, look for topicaine dot com. You can find its clinical studies, physicians testimonials etc.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Why don't you try icing the area with giant ice packs? It's what my therapist does when I go in for laser hair removal. It works quite well, you just have to jump over the hurdle of covering yourself in ice Confused

In any case, *much* safer than using lidocaine
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious about not only wiping off the numbling agent (in my case Emla) but can you also rinse your face as well?? I did that for my last roll, because i was afraid that wiping didn't remove all the emla.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I'm curious about not only wiping off the numbling agent (in my case Emla) but can you also rinse your face as well?? I did that for my last roll, because i was afraid that wiping didn't remove all the emla.

According to all the info I have read you only wipe off the numbing cream not wash it off. This is also what they do at the derm's office. They also tend to wipe off sections as they go. Whether this approach is 100% safe who knows, but it seems to be the accepted practice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I have never used numbing cream, but I just got some for a brazilian wax I am going to do, usually I do it all my self, but that one bit is sooooo hard to take off, so I am going to use ESRACAIN, I will let you all know how effective it is as soon as I use it.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 2:05 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I have Lidocaine 5% ointment, and Xylocaine spray (10mg Lidocaine per spray). If I wipe it off the numbness disappears almost instantly, so I keep it on. Is that a bad idea?

The Emla cream I bought recently is more effective. (Also rolled with it on, though it was only a thin layer Embarassed !).

Another one I've seen is Ametop 4% gel, with tetracaine. Has anyone tried it?

Where did you get the Emla cream?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
HI.

I just want to make sure this is right.

I bought my EMLA cream in France and cant read the instructions.

I apply a thin layer to my face - wipe off and wait 30 minutes before dermarolling???

Do i then wash it off with cleanser??

THANKS
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
HI.

I just want to make sure this is right.

I bought my EMLA cream in France and cant read the instructions.

I apply a thin layer to my face - wipe off and wait 30 minutes before dermarolling???

Do i then wash it off with cleanser??

THANKS

No No mb, apply, wait at least 30 minutes (an hour is better), then wipe off then dermaroll. I strongly recommend you wait more than 30 minutes and cover the area with plastic wrap. Previously I'd only waited 30 minutes and quite honestly it didn't numb enough. Last time I rolled, I waited an hour and boy what a difference!!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Girls, where do you buy your numbing creams?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Girls, where do you buy your numbing creams?

I get mine (Emla) at Costco - its a couple of $'s cheaper than at WalMart pharmacy.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Anya!

When Im finished with the roller - should I wash off the cream on my skin?

Also - im confused- are you in the states? Do you have a prescription to get it at walmart?

Like I mentioned - i got mine in france because I didnt think it was easily bought in the states.

THANKS!!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mb wave I live in Canada and we don't need a prescription up here to get it. Sorry, for some reason I thought you lived here too. If you're in the US I think you need a prescription.....

I wipe the cream off my face with a damp facecloth before rolling. I sure don't want that stuff penetrating my pores Laughing
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Ok - see I thought you were in the U.S. because I didnt know there were Walmarts in Canada.

I learned a lot from you. Smile

Thanks
sarahspa

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
strong cream so far used with my clients are numbfast numbing cream. Just google 'numbfast' it lasts +2~3 hrs and texture of cream also very good to your skin.

Suggest you try it if you haven't

-Sarah @ sarahspa
sarahspa

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:19 am      Reply with quote
recently i came across Dr.Numb cream based in Canada. My clients seem to bring this in hand several times and it worked by far the best. It is a certified numbing cream (I asked them to check if it was safe to use). Experience so far with Dr.Numb is great.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |