Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
slh
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Ruk1, I for one have been reading the thread and for what it is worth never thought you were trying to get anything for free etc...

I think with these boards so many are reading and commenting that it is easy to get off track and I think that is what happened - it turned into another discussion about the free videos and how inexpensive the Ageless Program is etc...which had nothing to do with you or your questions.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
critic wrote:
I started the program yesterday, but I don't really understand how to do it, the picture is also very confusing. I will try again tonight to read and watch the video, I hope I can follow-it.

Critic,

I think it is probably far easier than people realize...I get the idea that people overthink this.

Just grab the skin tight, and make the described facial expression. If I can do it, anyone can! Very Happy

bethany,

I bought the program based on your postive feedback. I think I can manage all exercises, except the first exercise on Day 2, the book did not say about puff up the cheeks, does it = Point 3, pull this chuck of flesh away from the face? I have viewed the same exercise 10 times, while reading the book, still can't figure out on this part, thanks a lot!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
bethany wrote:
critic wrote:
I started the program yesterday, but I don't really understand how to do it, the picture is also very confusing. I will try again tonight to read and watch the video, I hope I can follow-it.

Critic,

I think it is probably far easier than people realize...I get the idea that people overthink this.

Just grab the skin tight, and make the described facial expression. If I can do it, anyone can! Very Happy

bethany,

I bought the program based on your postive feedback. I think I can manage all exercises, except the first exercise on Day 2, the book did not say about puff up the cheeks, does it = Point 3, pull this chuck of flesh away from the face? I have viewed the same exercise 10 times, while reading the book, still can't figure out on this part, thanks a lot!

Critic,

There is no puffing in the actual execution of Crush (#6).

Pinch your cheeks, but closer to the back of your face (as opposed to the front apples of your cheeks) and a little below the cheek bone. You don't need to hit an exact location...just lower/mid face back towards your ears.

Depending on how much loose flesh you have, you can either just pinch it tightly (for tigher skin) or pinch it and then pull out slightly (for looser flesh).

Then try to pull that flesh back toward your back teeth....my mouth stays closed during this.

HTH!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
slh wrote:
Ruk1, I for one have been reading the thread and for what it is worth never thought you were trying to get anything for free etc...

I think with these boards so many are reading and commenting that it is easy to get off track and I think that is what happened - it turned into another discussion about the free videos and how inexpensive the Ageless Program is etc...which had nothing to do with you or your questions.

Yep...people really shouldn't take things so personally.

But I can confirm that LL will not be offering any more sample exercises. And the video was placed on her website to help limit the amount of personal/forum email that she had to answer...it is not there for advertising or freebie purposes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Sister Sweets...and Bethany

After reading the page regarding the free video download on Loulou's site...I see how Loulou is relying on our honor as far as only downloading the video if we have purchased her book.
(the whole idea makes so much more sense to me, now..and it is an adorable/soulful way of doing it..to rely on our sense of fairness!)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
sorry guys you make no sense whatsoever. This is a facial exercise board, not the Oprah or Dr. Phil. No wonder LL created new website for the questions regarding Ageless only. It's hard to find any info here sifting through the pages of complete nonsense. There is a website, clearly says free video and anyone can watch it, like it buy the book, don't like no problems, look somewhere else. It wasn't mentioned anywhere you had to buy the book before using the info from her website. Just answer the questions and stop judging people for doing something they were allowed to do (ie watch the video). It's none of our business anyways, it's between Loulou and her customer, her book, her baby, she can do anything she wants, give away for free, sell, offer trials, cancel everything, etc. Wow. Rolling Eyes Embarassed
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
ruk 1 - Sorry but have to agree with Bethany. \
Bethany has been very supportive on EDS - going above and beyond for everyone.

And $10.00 is a steal. It's clear we all believe in this program. It's your choice whether to go for it or not.

ruk1 wrote:
bethany wrote:
I personally think that getting 4 free exercises AND wanting to view the videos for free too is pretty over the edge. Hopefully she won't be expected to answer a bunch of questions for free too.

I'm not sure if this was referred to my question or not, but I want to be clear that I had no expectation of getting 4 free exercises and wanting to view the videos for free. Remember my question if her video was available for sale, or if it is only available if the ebook was purchased. In no way had I ever wanted to cheat LouLou out of her money. I find the insinuation rather disturbing, so I hope I just misread your intent.

I also was not expecting LouLou to answer my questions on this board, although I've seen that she freely answered them for other people who have or have not bought her book. I posted a question about Ex.2 because I wanted to get an opinion from someone who had done the exercise to see if I interpreted it correctly.

It is true that $10 is not too much although as the woman from Pakistan explained it was a lot for her. It's all relative. I'd be glad to pay for it if I found that I like these 4 sample exercises.

I feel that you are much more defensive about this program than even LouLou herself based on some of your previous posts and this one. Maybe you should calm down and take a deep breath?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
ruk 1 - Sorry but have to agree with Bethany. \
Bethany has been very supportive on EDS - going above and beyond for everyone.

And $10.00 is a steal. It's clear we all believe in this program. It's your choice whether to go for it or not.

ruk1 wrote:
bethany wrote:
I personally think that getting 4 free exercises AND wanting to view the videos for free too is pretty over the edge. Hopefully she won't be expected to answer a bunch of questions for free too.

I'm not sure if this was referred to my question or not, but I want to be clear that I had no expectation of getting 4 free exercises and wanting to view the videos for free. Remember my question if her video was available for sale, or if it is only available if the ebook was purchased. In no way had I ever wanted to cheat LouLou out of her money. I find the insinuation rather disturbing, so I hope I just misread your intent.

I also was not expecting LouLou to answer my questions on this board, although I've seen that she freely answered them for other people who have or have not bought her book. I posted a question about Ex.2 because I wanted to get an opinion from someone who had done the exercise to see if I interpreted it correctly.

It is true that $10 is not too much although as the woman from Pakistan explained it was a lot for her. It's all relative. I'd be glad to pay for it if I found that I like these 4 sample exercises.

I feel that you are much more defensive about this program than even LouLou herself based on some of your previous posts and this one. Maybe you should calm down and take a deep breath?

I totally agree with Sis + Beth, and can't keep quiet one more minute..

I never saw such a fuss made over a $10. wonderful program in my life.. Perhaps that's the problem.. LL should have charged what it's *really* worth... In the mean-time she has bent over backwards to accommodate all of us with free videos, free sample exercises and still some aren't happy.

Some of us have been reading this thread from day one, and it's very frustrating when some members have tried to sneak and cajole their way into getting free links to downloads, videos and what have you.. Going so far as to PM members (myself included) asking for the link to the download... Disgusting!

For crying out loud, cough up the lousy $10 bucks, and I assure you, it will be the best $10 bucks you have ever spent at EDS.

***My post is a generalization of what has gone on in this thread from day one, and not meant as finger pointing.***

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
hi ladies

i've got a question re: ageless. i've been doing it for about 2 weeks and i noticed 2 things today that made me go "hmmmm...i hope this is transitional". one is, I notice that the lines (can't remember correct term) that come down from the nose(nostrals) to the lips (not the N/L folds, but the mound of skin above the lip) are really pronounced -- i look like a freakn' cat!! unfortunately, i still have lip lines beside these mounds...
the other is i seem to be accumulating a bit of flesh on the cheek by the nose which accentuates my N/L folds. I have long term experience w/ facial excercise, so i'm not worried - just curious to know if anyone else experienced this and how it "played out" for them. One last thing - I am really plesed w/ the way Ageless is feminizing my face - (i'm gonna post on the ageless/flex thread) i look in the mirror and think "pretty" (bear in mind this is relative to ME) - i even wore my hair completely pulled back the other night - something i haven't done in years!
thanks for any feed back
m
oh, ps...kassy, your post gave me a good chuckle!
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moongodess, I noticed the same thing you did regarding that vertical "Puff" of fat being more accentuated after doing ageless for about 2 weeks. Now, at the end of 3 weeks it seems to have subsided, and I'm very pleased with the following results:

Eyelids are lifted
Crowsfeet are reduced
Old lady smile lines on my cheeks are vanishing
Skin seems plumper and more resiliant
Skin texture is improved-more color & smoother

The ageless excercise where you grab the skin in the naso-labial fold was not comfortable for me and I questioned it's effectiveness because I don't feel strong muscle resistence when I do it so I stopped about a week ago. Maybe that's why the puff between nose & cheeks is subsiding.
The lip excercise doesn't seem to help me much so I've been doing something different which has helped the contour of my lips a lot:
Crook your pinky fingers into the sides of your mouth, using the resistence of your fingers force your lips open & closed. This has helped my upper lip lines a lot.
Hope this helps.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Baldabeck, I am prone to broken caps but have not seen any increase in them with 3 weeks of ageless, as a matter of fact they seem to have improved due to the thickening of skin. I do see some increase in broken caps when I use granular exfoliants. Are you doing anything new besides ageless?
Anyone else have problems with encreased broken caps?
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
sorry guys you make no sense whatsoever. This is a facial exercise board, not the Oprah or Dr. Phil.

This is a non sequitur.. ( ?? )

Quote:
No wonder LL created new website for the questions regarding Ageless only.

Loulou has a website dedicated to answering Ageless questions? Have any of you checked it out? I'll have to stop by her site and see if she has a link available.

Quote:
It's hard to find any info here sifting through the pages of complete nonsense.

Wow, that hasn't been my experience at all.. there's a lot of great info here, in my opinion. I can't wait to check out Loulou's site, though Very Happy

Quote:
There is a website, clearly says free video and anyone can watch it, like it buy the book, don't like no problems, look somewhere else. It wasn't mentioned anywhere you had to buy the book before using the info from her website.

I'm way behind in this thread, but previously, the video was an additional freebie for people who bought the program, and she posted it on her site to make it easier for them to access. Perhaps this is the source of the confusion?

Quote:
Just answer the questions (snip)

Well, that seems a tad presumptuous.

This is really a great program, and it's well worth the low cost. I hope Loulou gets all the recognition she deserves and ample payback for all of her hard work.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
The ageless excercise where you grab the skin in the naso-labial fold was not comfortable for me and I questioned it's effectiveness because I don't feel strong muscle resistence when I do it so I stopped about a week ago. Maybe that's why the puff between nose & cheeks is subsiding.
The lip excercise doesn't seem to help me much so I've been doing something different which has helped the contour of my lips a lot:
Crook your pinky fingers into the sides of your mouth, using the resistence of your fingers force your lips open & closed. This has helped my upper lip lines a lot.
Hope this helps.

How many times do you do this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, Bethany, and Kassy,

I don't really want to fight with you all, and in fact, can even see how you all are very protective of LouLou and her program. She is indeed a lovely lady.

I'm VERY serious about this thread. I have NEVER gone back to read the entire thread before. I'm committed and my impatient nature is making me itch to go and buy that book of LouLou's today. I am not yet buying it only because I am not done reading this thread. It is getting longer every day.

So I just have to tell you all that I think it'd be nice if you all tone down your judgmental and critical attitude. I surely would appreciate it. Again I can very easily go and spend that $10 you want me to spend, and I'm sure I'll be happy to do it, but I do want to finish reading this thread before I do that.

So without further ado, I'm going back to pg 17 where I left off this morning. Don't worry. I do not plan on stealing anyone's material or hard work. I do respect LouLou's hard work, you know?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I am not yet buying it only because I am not done reading this thread. It is getting longer every day.

So I just have to tell you all that I think it'd be nice if you all tone down your judgmental and critical attitude. I surely would appreciate it. Again I can very easily go and spend that $10 you want me to spend, and I'm sure I'll be happy to do it, but I do want to finish reading this thread before I do that.

So without further ado, I'm going back to pg 17 where I left off this morning.

Ruk, since you are going to be reading the entire thread, we would equally appreciate it if you could hold any additional questions until you have completed your reading...I am sure anything you want to ask has already been covered in this Ageless thread, the general Facial Exercise thread, or your Ageless/FE comparison thread. Doing so will keep the thread shorter for everyone!

And for the record, I would personally recommend that you NOT spend this $10. You mentioned on another thread that you could not live without facial exercises, so it sounds like you already have a program that you are very happy with. Why not stay with that program and save yourself all of that reading! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:

I don't really want to fight with you all, and in fact, can even see how you all are very protective of LouLou and her program. She is indeed a lovely lady.

I'm VERY serious about this thread. I have NEVER gone back to read the entire thread before.

ruk1, nobody is singling you or anybody else out, and I'm sure none of us wants to 'fight'..

As you said, you "never went back to read the entire thread"... So until you've done that, you can't possibly understand where we are coming from..

What say we all just move on now, and get back on track?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

I'm VERY serious about this thread. I have NEVER gone back to read the entire thread before.

ruk1, nobody is singling you or anybody else out, and I'm sure none of us wants to 'fight'..

As you said, you "never went back to read the entire thread"... So until you've done that, you can't possibly understand where we are coming from..

What say we all just move on now, and get back on track?

Kassy, that sounds like a GREAT idea!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
So without further ado, I'm going back to pg 17 where I left off this morning. Don't worry. I do not plan on stealing anyone's material or hard work. I do respect LouLou's hard work, you know?

By all means, do continue reading the thread. You will most likely find the answers to whatever questions you have, since many of us seem to have the same issues and questions starting out.

I've read all the posts you were referring to (from the posters you mentioned) and I didn't see that any of them were directed to you. I saw the question you asked and it seemed perfectly reasonable - their statements were in response to later posts and were addressed to everyone, in general.

Also, I'd have to agree with Bethany, that if you already have a program you like, it may be superfluous to add another, especially if finances and the currency exchange rate are an issue. But, if you decide to go with Ageless, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I got the nicest compliment today, thanks to Ageless!

I was having lunch with my Mom and my Niece, and my Niece turned to me and said that my skin looks really great, and she wanted to know what I was doing differently.

I told her about Ageless, and skin brushing.

I was so excited, because for someone to notice it like that, I must have a nice amount of improvement.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
deelighted wrote:
I got the nicest compliment today, thanks to Ageless!

I was having lunch with my Mom and my Niece, and my Niece turned to me and said that my skin looks really great, and she wanted to know what I was doing differently.

I told her about Ageless, and skin brushing.

I was so excited, because for someone to notice it like that, I must have a nice amount of improvement.

Woo hoo!!! I am sure that you were Cloud 9 after that...CONGRATS!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Best $10.00 ever spent! Congrats - glad to hear it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't get that anyone wants to fight. Buy the program; don't buy the program. It's your call. And Yeah - you're right we sure do appreciate Lou Lou. Very Happy

ruk1 wrote:

I'm VERY serious about this thread. I have NEVER gone back to read the entire thread before. I'm committed and my impatient nature is making me itch to go and buy that book of LouLou's today. I am not yet buying it only because I am not done reading this thread. It is getting longer every day.

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
rukl

i am constantly discovering how i've been doing the exercises either 'wrong'..or not effective enough..but my face is still regenerating anyway...and i figure that each new ahaaa! experience in understanding what i'm doing is just going to make the process even more effective...

again, last night for example..i realized how i had not been grabbing the right area of my face for one of the cheek exercises.. when i felt it in a more accurate way..it felt very empowering..as i feel i'll see even more dramatic results..

but i think this process of deeply 'getting it' happens through the actual experience of 'working' the program.

that's ezackly what I think too!!! like riding a bike....you just learn as you go what feels right!!! Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
this is nice, everyone is relaxed, I like it this way.
Broken caps, yes I got them, they turned into dark spots next day, but today they are gone. I do use scrub in the morning, I got bc in the evening right after I did exercises. I have done exs before but I have oily skin and it slips so that was the first time I used toilet paper to grip the skin harder, Shock and it was first time when I tried not to be too gentle, too much movement and emotions... I guess I went overboard. Just wanted to warn you don't squeeze too hard, it can happen, remember it's your face, not the rear end... sorry Wink
Lowbrowscientist asked about a different thread, yes, there was a link somewhere to the new message board, oh, here we go, I found it
members4 dot boardhost dot com slash ageless slash index dot html?1233335582
I am not allowed to post links, that's why I edited it this way, it's posted by Loulou on page 43 (top) on this thread. I wasn't barking, sorry it sounded so straightforward, I should have told it this way "Just answer the questions pretty please"... Smile I read hundreds of pages here, a few threads from start to the end, and it is very difficult when you are trying to find info ie on exercises, decide what's the best for you, are they good or not, and need to go through reading dozens of pages of posts about nothing, just like the things I am writing right now Surprised) nobody really needs it. I know you are trying to communicate with each other here, but you're not making it easy for people who are here only to find out what's the best. please please please let's ask questions and answer those question, many of them are being left unanswered, only exercises, that's all, emotions, feelings, lectures.. let's go somewhere else. thank you very much you are all helpful by the way, I only wish it stayed on the subject.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Baldabek2000, we'll do our very best to keep your desires in mind, and try to meet your needs in a more focused, organized manner. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your visit more enjoyable.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |