Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
And, speaking of feezing web pages, I'm running into a lot technical glitches today trying to post here on EDS Confused
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
And, speaking of feezing web pages, I'm running into a lot technical glitches today trying to post here on EDS Confused

Yeah that's been happening to me for the last 2 weeks! Driving me completely nuts!! Good to know it's not just my computer Very Happy

Thanks for directing me to Loulou's board. I didn't realize she doesn't post here anymore.. I've been checking my online credit card statements, but they told me sometimes it takes up to 2 weeks for international charges to reflect on the statement. I just remembered I tried ordering the book over Chistmas and the same thing happened to me as well.. But I forgot which credit card I used, so I better go dig up my old statements Rolling Eyes

I'm so embarrassed to say I have absolutely no organization when it comes it my personal finances! Silenced Shame on you Thanks again!

ETA: URGHHHHH!!!!! I just tried registering onto Loulou's forum 5 TIMES and that didn't work either!!! This is getting ridiculous! Not talking Not talking
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
I need advice.
I've been doing facial exercises (Ageless, of course) for about a week now (total of 8 times - 4 x day 1 + 4 x day 2).
Question:
* Is there a benefit in taking breaks, i.e., having days without any exercise?
* Is it better to do exercise like described in the book (5 exercises on day 1 & 5 exercises on day 2) or is it better to do all 10 exercises in one day and then take a day off?
Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Rubby,
I started FE last summer and Ageless at least three months ago. I've thought about the question you ask quite a lot myself lately. I still do FE and I try to do Ageless everyday.
What I have noticed is this:

When I take a break my face looks better after a day or two. I think I do overstress it in my daily routine of exercise. Probably because I do both programs (FE now twice a week) and Ageless practically everyday.

I am going to change my routine. I will do Ageless - all exercises for two days in a row and then take a break for a day and then do FE the next day, take a break and start over. I am almost addicted to my facial exercise routine and need to force myself to step back. I will let you know how the cutting back works for me.

I'd like to hear how others are working with this - not overstressing their faces but trying to continue their progress. I don't think I'm at a maintanence point just yet.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:16 am      Reply with quote
hello,
i recently downloaded loulou's book and last night I decided to do all 10 of the exercises in one sitting, and then give it a break for a few days as I hadn't managed to find time to do the 2 lots of 5 exercises the week before.
I've now got these big red marks on my cheeks which haven't gone away after 24 hours, and don't look like they're going anywhere fast. I think it was from the 'crushing fruit' one, but not sure.
I guess I totally overdid it. It didn't feel that extreme at the time. Any suggestions? I was thinking of putting arnica on them.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:36 am      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
hello,
i recently downloaded loulou's book and last night I decided to do all 10 of the exercises in one sitting, and then give it a break for a few days as I hadn't managed to find time to do the 2 lots of 5 exercises the week before.
I've now got these big red marks on my cheeks which haven't gone away after 24 hours, and don't look like they're going anywhere fast. I think it was from the 'crushing fruit' one, but not sure.
I guess I totally overdid it. It didn't feel that extreme at the time. Any suggestions? I was thinking of putting arnica on them.

That sometimes happen to me while doing the cheek exercises. Did you do the exercises with a tissue paper as recommended by others? I find out it's much easier to get red marks with the use of tissue papers, although it definitely increases the intensity of the workout.

Anyway, I usually apply Oronine H Ointment (from Japan) at the red marks which helps them to fade away real fast.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
After seeing so many reviews on this, I just downloaded one. Will start after I print out.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
NewsFlash from the Desk of "Learns Everything the HARD Way"....

...Taking a break from Ageless for 3 or 4 weeks WILL result in a backwards slide of your results. Shock Shock Shock

I took 3 or 4 weeks off (due to laziness) when I was really overwhelmed with work Embarassed 100% of my gains did not disappear, but a good chunk did. Sad But I sure am hoping that they will snap back quickly.

So learn from my mistake, and try to get in at least one set of exercises a week just to maintain the progress you have made thus far! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 am      Reply with quote
hi moonstone,
yes i used tissues which helped me to grip, but possibly let me grip too hard!
the marks are still there, i think it is basically bruising. just going to have to wait till they go and be a lot more gentle next time. - though i didn't think i was being that hardcore at the time!
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:26 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I took 3 or 4 weeks off (due to laziness) when I was really overwhelmed with work Embarassed 100% of my gains did not disappear, but a good chunk did. Sad

Thanks bethany for sharing your experience again with us. I'm sure your results will be back in no time once you start exercising again! ... I will certainly keep this in mind and remind myself constantly that "If you want to be beautiful, you can't be lazy..." Wink

neondaze
- perhaps next time when you start doing the exercises, try to do them first without the issue paper. This way you probably won't get much redness/red marks on your cheeks.

Another recommendation from others for a better grip is to use vinyl gloves for doing the program.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:53 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
NewsFlash from the Desk of "Learns Everything the HARD Way"....

...Taking a break from Ageless for 3 or 4 weeks WILL result in a backwards slide of your results. Shock Shock Shock

I took 3 or 4 weeks off (due to laziness) when I was really overwhelmed with work Embarassed 100% of my gains did not disappear, but a good chunk did. Sad But I sure am hoping that they will snap back quickly.

So learn from my mistake, and try to get in at least one set of exercises a week just to maintain the progress you have made thus far! Very Happy

I am relieved to hear that you are human and have bouts of times when you just can't be bothered Neutral . I want to add that because of your positive nudging, I have continued with the Ageless program. I definitely saw the "worse before it gets better" - and still am somewhat. My skin looks a bit loose Rolling Eyes around my smile lines and in my lower cheek area. I figure that it has to be the exercising because if it isn't, my face is slackening at warp speed. That being said, I have just had my 3rd passport photo taken (no way am I having a REALLY bad picture on record) and while I don't see a difference related to the exercising from my 1st photo to my 3rd (3 weeks) (lifting my cheeks, eliminating my jowls are my concerns), that "looseness" has kept me going. I do think that I see it going tighter.
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I bet you will snap back very quickly, since your muscles must still be in fairly good shape. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
From what I've heard re building muscle, it takes approx. 3 mths. to lose muscle without exercise. I can't remember how long you been at the facial exercises, but maybe just not long enough to take a break. At any rate, as deelighted said, you'll probably snap back quickly. Your results were really great!

This is a good question for LouLou.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Bethany - muscle has got memory, so I am sure that you can get back to where you left off in pretty quick timing. Breaks happen for everyone, no matter what routine they do, and the key as you have discovered is not to kind of weep over lost results but get back on with them, and thankfully I have at times had to take a break and noticed my results kind of diminishing from what they were and sure enough within a matter of days or weeks, they were right back where I left off.

Its great that you wrote this up though, as I think its really important that others know that its not the permanent loss of results, because Im pretty convinced that within a matter of days your muscles will get back to where they were and its a great question that informs others but also its great personal motivation for you to keep the exercises up! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm so interested in facial exercises after trying out "Ageless if you dare", that I ordered for FE. Received it about more or less twelve days ago... being practising the exercises to get the knack, one or two exercises a day. I may not be able to report results for "Ageless..." ONLY, as I intend to take up the FE at least four times a week.
I thought it was only fair to mention this.
My intention is of doing "Ageless..." if I haven't much time and FE if I do have it. And an explanation to my decision is that I am very interested in building my jaw line, which seems to have been slack for the last few years (small jaw, in fact I had four molar teeth taken out in my teens cause they didn't 'fit' due to my small jaw), and after searching found that FE worked this area... I found drawbacks just because of this, but I'm personally interested on this aspect.
In any case, if I only go on with "Ageless..." and don't actually start FE I'll happily report.
Hugs, A.
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have LouLous, Maggios, and Flex Effect. Love them all...but LouLou's is the one I can stick
with and I really like the results...(altho', I've had to lay off the cheek excercises because my youthful chipmunk cheeks I so hated are perking back into place. Confused

OK...stopping the rambling and getting to the point. Very Happy The way LouLou uses taking the muscle
between the fingers and pulling...I was wondering if you could take the bottom furrow exercise from Flex Effect and pull out those furrow muscles while frowning.

I was just wondering, if that would be a good exercise for furrows applying LouLou's principles. Lord knows I don't want those
downers going any further south than they
have already traveled.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Help! In Day 1 exercise, Exercise 4 called Laughter instructs readers to grasp the face in the exact same position as in the previous Exercise 3 called Happy Smile.

BUT if you look at the diagrams of these 2 exercises, you can see the place for thumb and fingers is different in the two, and also these two exercises are working different muscles. I believe the "Laughter" is supposed to work the muscle RISORIUS which is lower on the cheek than Z MAJOR which is the targeted muscle for "Happy Smile."

Is my interpretation correct? Anyone else confused about this? I ignored the instruction and have been following the diagram instead.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Help! In Day 1 exercise, Exercise 4 called Laughter instructs readers to grasp the face in the exact same position as in the previous Exercise 3 called Happy Smile.

BUT if you look at the diagrams of these 2 exercises, you can see the place for thumb and fingers is different in the two, and also these two exercises are working different muscles. I believe the "Laughter" is supposed to work the muscle RISORIUS which is lower on the cheek than Z MAJOR which is the targeted muscle for "Happy Smile."

Is my interpretation correct? Anyone else confused about this? I ignored the instruction and have been following the diagram instead.

Bira I don't know the answer to this either, but funnily enough I ignored the diagram and have been following the instruction. Question
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:

Someone asked a similar question and here's the question and answer from LouLou at her forum.

Question:
"I have been doing the exercises for a few weeks and I am having difficulty.
In Exercise #2 and the muscle in Exercise #3, it seems like I am using the same muscle when on the drawings it should be 2 different muscles. My fingers grab in the same place. Should the finger placement differ?

For exercise #3 and #4 Laughter it says to grab in the same position as #3 Happy Smile but my drawings show a different position.
Thank you in advance!"

Answer:
"Oh dear, this is my drawing confusing everyone! I had trouble indicating that in ex 3 you need a horizontal chunk of flesh, whereas ex 2 the chunk is diagonal across the face. Ex 3 and 4 do indeed have exactly the same starting position.

It's important to say, though, that it's not very important to get a precisely positioned chunk of flesh. ( I'm still) making this new video that is taking ages, but in the process I've been trying out things that people might get wrong, including totally misplaced chunks of flesh and the exercises still worked pretty much wherever you grabbed! "
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Check out the top pic of Angelina kissing her brother. Look at her cheek. I think she does facial exercise.

http://intogossip.blogspot.com/2006/12/angelina-jolie-kissing-her-brother.html

(And look at the second comment on the bottom of the page. I think Jennifer Aniston made it. )

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
While I'm still waiting to hear back from LouLou via email, and for lulu.com to fix their problems, another question came to mind and I wonder if anyone might have a similar experience? I am a nightly teeth-grinder, and during the day I unconsiously clench my jaws all the time (this is apparently due to stress). Because of this, my jaw muscles are overly developed and sore all the time! I do try to massage the general area, but it doesn't really help with the pain and my hand gets sore too... (when it gets bad I sometimes have to take ibuprofen to relax enough to sleep Confused ) My question is, would the Ageless exercises over-over develop those muscles even more, and does the muscle soreness/pain ever go away? Thanks a lot!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for getting that info for us Moonstone.

I should've gone on the forum and asked Loulou myself, but for some reason just felt fine doing what I was doing. Smile
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hello,
While I'm still waiting to hear back from LouLou via email, and for lulu.com to fix their problems, another question came to mind and I wonder if anyone might have a similar experience? I am a nightly teeth-grinder, and during the day I unconsiously clench my jaws all the time (this is apparently due to stress). Because of this, my jaw muscles are overly developed and sore all the time! I do try to massage the general area, but it doesn't really help with the pain and my hand gets sore too... (when it gets bad I sometimes have to take ibuprofen to relax enough to sleep Confused ) My question is, would the Ageless exercises over-over develop those muscles even more, and does the muscle soreness/pain ever go away? Thanks a lot!

fat_swan

hi wave
I am both a night grinder and day clencher (LOL and Embarassed ) To the best of my ability, the answer to your question is NO (for over development), reason being, the muscle you (we) work w/ clenching/grinding is massater which loulou has placed in her alternative excercises category! (alt. 3/ head high)--she also suggests if you have pain (tmj) do not do the jaw excercises. As for the pain -- here is my suggestion--GET A NIGHT GUARD (do you have one) and also start becoming aware of your daily clenching -- awarness will eventually shift an unconcious habit ( i do it w/ pursing lips and clenching jaw-i know, i sound over the top anal retentive...but i swear i'm not Confused ). Also, off subject!, if you're clenching jaw i know your gums are receding (unless you're young) night guard + oil pulling will help this (pm if you have ?'s)
m
ps...i'm also bad w/ personal finances Embarassed (or at least believe i am) - (maybe that's why we clench/grind)!!!
best
m
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:
Bira wrote:

Someone asked a similar question and here's the question and answer from LouLou at her forum.

Question:
"I have been doing the exercises for a few weeks and I am having difficulty.
In Exercise #2 and the muscle in Exercise #3, it seems like I am using the same muscle when on the drawings it should be 2 different muscles. My fingers grab in the same place. Should the finger placement differ?

For exercise #3 and #4 Laughter it says to grab in the same position as #3 Happy Smile but my drawings show a different position.
Thank you in advance!"

Answer:
"Oh dear, this is my drawing confusing everyone! I had trouble indicating that in ex 3 you need a horizontal chunk of flesh, whereas ex 2 the chunk is diagonal across the face. Ex 3 and 4 do indeed have exactly the same starting position.

It's important to say, though, that it's not very important to get a precisely positioned chunk of flesh. ( I'm still) making this new video that is taking ages, but in the process I've been trying out things that people might get wrong, including totally misplaced chunks of flesh and the exercises still worked pretty much wherever you grabbed! "

Oh you're such a dear, Moonstone. Thank you for getting this info for me. Hmmm...I've been doing it wrong. No wonder it's not showing me good results yet. LOL I know, I know. I have to be patient. I'm not expecting results until several months just like with all resistance training. I think when I started lifting dumbbells, it took like 6 months before I noticed anything. I probably won't report back any results until I really see something substantial to report. I also need to step up the frequency. Darn! Where did all the time go? Oh I know. I must stop spending so much time on EDS. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Bira wrote:

Bira I don't know the answer to this either, but funnily enough I ignored the diagram and have been following the instruction. Question

Mishey, thanks for answering. Sounds like you've been doing it correctly. Congratulations!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |