Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I found when I evaluated my diet, I wasn't consuming enough protein on a daily basis and the past 4 months have made it a point to take in the adquate amount. My nails & hair have benefitted and it does make sense to me in this article why protein is good for your skin (firmness) as well.

http://www.judymcfarland.com/skin.shtml
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just got back from dinner with my sister and BIL...she commented on my greatly improved lines! Shock I ended up showing her and my BIL some of the exercises and she is buying the book.

Keliu, you might be overdoing it if you are exercising every day....check out page 13 in the book!

That's great news Bethany - although I'm sure that much of the improvement in your lines would be due to your intensive Dermaroller treatments.

Have just re-read Page 13 - well, my face must be busy rebuilding 'cause I sure do look tired. I'll have to be more patient - like most people, I go at things hammer and tongs and then get frustrated when I don't see results.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
bethany wrote:
I just got back from dinner with my sister and BIL...she commented on my greatly improved lines! Shock I ended up showing her and my BIL some of the exercises and she is buying the book.

Keliu, you might be overdoing it if you are exercising every day....check out page 13 in the book!

That's great news Bethany - although I'm sure that much of the improvement in your lines would be due to your intensive Dermaroller treatments.

Keliu, when I said "lines" I meant marionette lines...the darn dermaroller has done NOTHING for the sagging. Sad

But I am going to take a pic this weekend and see if I can do a comparison to a previous pic for you

Have just re-read Page 13 - well, my face must be busy rebuilding 'cause I sure do look tired. I'll have to be more patient - like most people, I go at things hammer and tongs and then get frustrated when I don't see results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
thanks bethany - but i dont want EVERYONE on the internet to see it. Smile

Im confused - who exactly is LuLu - I see tons of messages to her.

I was wondering if she is here if I could send her the picture or if there is a way on that website to send her a message.

I think youre right Bethany that I should make sure exercising doesnt make my situation worse before I purchase.

Its pretty bad in certain light and I CANT make it any worse and has mentioned nothing has helped it yet.

In reference to the Sculptura i dont remember it even being used in this area - so not sure if it moved or what...

thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:

I was wondering if she is here if I could send her the picture or if there is a way on that website to send her a message.

LouLou is the author of the Ageless book...I would load your pic to Webshots in a PRIVATE album (only people that you give the link to can see it), or you could email it to LouLou directly.

You know, where IS LouLou? She has been MIA for a while. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I went ahead and tried that website - Im guessing this is the way to see it.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2436048940104496488jjWVQu

Please let me know if you cant. And dont be scared. Smile

Maybe its not the best picture - the corner of my mouth is on the right hand side. Im referring to the large oval mass - you should be able to see it - it takes up the whole picture.

THANKS
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Ok I went ahead and tried that website - Im guessing this is the way to see it.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2436048940104496488jjWVQu

Please let me know if you cant. And dont be scared. Smile

Maybe its not the best picture - the corner of my mouth is on the right hand side. Im referring to the large oval mass - you should be able to see it - it takes up the whole picture.

THANKS

That does not look like sagging to me...especially if you do not have it on the other side.

Can you feel any lumps on the inside of your mouth if you put your thumb in you mouth and feel the depth of your cheek between your finger and thumb?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:

It's quite hard to see what you're referring to because we can't compare with the other side of your face. However, it's always best to see a doctor for an opinion instead of trying to second guess what it might be.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
great...

no nothing from the inside...

I did ask my dermatologist but since she gives 15 minutes per patient she just shrugged it off. I did mention Sculptura to her and she said ask a plastic surgeon. I dont know if i could see one that gives free consultations - when Im not looking to have anything done.

its only visable in certain light and only my mom and bf have asked what it is - but still its horrible and i hate it.

thanks

SORRY for changing the subject!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I did ask my dermatologist but since she gives 15 minutes per patient she just shrugged it off. I did mention Sculptura to her and she said ask a plastic surgeon.

I would get a new derm asap!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Anya posted this question on 12/4, and my reply was that I had just really noticed some improvement that day....

bethany wrote:
anya wrote:
Do any of you ladies doing the Ageless exercises have marionette lines and have you noticed any improvement?

TIA.

Anya, I have only been doing them since 11/8, but I noticed today that my marionette lines/jowls seemed a bit less obvious to me.
I need to take a picture this weekend before any more time passes so that I can really start watching for changes.

I finally located the camera, and took a pic tonight...the first shot is from 11/27 and the 2nd is from 12/6...9 days later. (ignore my zits...I seem to ALWAYS have zits when I take pics. Rolling Eyes )

Thoughts? Am I just kidding myself into thinking that there is improvement?

The lighting is different, but I see improvement in person, no matter what the lighting is, or the angle. But maybe I just WANT to see improvement?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Beth! What my old eyes are seeing is;

- Top part of NL fold (just above and to the side of upper lip) looks like it has filled in some.

- Your chin looks like an entirely different shape.. It's much rounder in the first shot, and looks more defined in the after..

You go girl! That's amazing in such a short time..

Editing to add: I just looked again, and I'll be damned, the NL fold is smaller and tighter also..

All I want to know is when is *your* video coming out??? ... You are definitely doing something right .. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Wow Beth! What my old eyes are seeing is;

- Top part of NL fold (just above and to the side of upper lip) looks like it has filled in some.

- Your chin looks like an entirely different shape.. It's much rounder in the first shot, and looks more defined in the after..

Holy cow...you are totally right about the chin! Shock I had not noticed that at all!

Hmmm...If I have had these improvements after 1 month, I can't wait to see what 3-6 months will bring. Now I need to focus on dropping that damn 30 pounds that arrived after my surgery 17 months ago and refuses to leave. Rolling Eyes Maybe the skin and sag improvements will finally get me motivated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, you didn't notice your chin, that's hilarious...

I can't believe all that in one freaking month.. I'm not kidding about the video either.. HELP!! .. Laughing Laughing Laughing

As for the 30lbs, I sympathize... And the holidays coming doesn't help at all.

Beth, all kidding aside, the difference is amazing... Yay you!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Okay Beth, now spill... Laughing

Details girl, please share your routine.. Wink

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Okay Beth, now spill... Laughing

Details girl, please share your routine.. Wink

Kassy, do you mean my Ageless routine? I did change it up a little...

I am doing Day 1 (plus exercise 6). Then on Day 2 I am doing 7-10, plus the Additional exercises (but only every other time I do Day 2)...I actually just started doing those. And I am not exercising every day...more like 5 days a week.

I am doing the Additional Exercises more frequently, because I decided that I am going to try and exercise away my forehead lines. LouLou had said in an earlier post to me to either do forehead exercises very little, or do them a lot and expect to look worse in the short term...I am going with a lot, and trying to knock the lines out of the park. But if they don't go by March, I am heading back for Botox!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I wrote that down and stuck it in the book..

I read the book again last night, and tried each exercise.. For some reason, I don't feel like I'm getting enough of a contraction...I'm especially having a hard time with the cheeks, because I can't grab much. (So that's a good thing, because I've really gained some thickness and health back there, but it's not letting me get a good hard contraction.)

Then I had the bright idea of trying to incorporate what I understand well about Flex Effect into it, and now I'm totally mixed up..Arghh!

I love how clear cut LL's book is and the way she shows the exact finger placement for each muscle... What has me stumped is this also; how do I keep my forehead out of the act? I'm having a devil of a time, isolating each muscle. And for some of the cheek muscles, do you keep your mouth tightly shut, or just relaxed, or what.... Oh, how I need a visual..

Okay, now I'm rambling on, and confusing you no doubt .. Confused

Thanks for sharing your great pictures, and your routine.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I know you really need the visual. I don't have a webcam, but if I did I would do a session with you. Maybe I should look into getting one.

It is definitely hard to try and not move your forehead...maybe a putting a piece of tape on it would remind you to try and not move it?

My mouth is usually closed when I do the exercises, but I try to keep my jaw relaxed unless I am "crushing fruit" like LouLou recommends, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I know you really need the visual. I don't have a webcam, but if I did I would do a session with you. Maybe I should look into getting one.

It is definitely hard to try and not move your forehead...maybe a putting a piece of tape on it would remind you to try and not move it?

My mouth is usually closed when I do the exercises, but I try to keep my jaw relaxed unless I am "crushing fruit" like LouLou recommends, lol.

Could you imagine putting a webcam in the mix.. That would be a riot. We'd surely be up all night long .. Rolling Eyes Bad Grin Rolling Eyes But if you decide to get one, let me know and I will too ... Laughing Laughing Laughing

The tape is a great idea, if nothing else it will make me aware of it.

Speaking of the 'crushing fruit' exercise and squeezing your cheeks into your teeth, do we do that with our mouth/lips pursed..(pursing my lips seems to let me get my bloody cheeks closer to teeth..

Oh Gawd almighty, I'm helpless at this... I don't even know what the hell I'm talking about now.. I just re-read what I wrote, and even I'm confused... Confused .. Embarassed

I think I'll grab the book again and get in bed ... Things might be clearer, when my Grandson's get me up at 7 a.m. .. Sad (I'm sooo not a morning person...yawn!)

Thanks again for all the help Beth, and for sharing your pictures.. You're getting more fabulous every day ... Wink Wink

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Speaking of the 'crushing fruit' exercise and squeezing your cheeks into your teeth, do we do that with our mouth/lips pursed..(pursing my lips seems to let me get my bloody cheeks closer to teeth..

Actually, my lips get straighter when I do that one...no pursing for me. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
I've been doing Flex Effect pretty regularly (just the 15 exercises) for over a year. I downloaded the Ageless Exercises on Tuesday.

I have a question on the first day, first exercise. When you pinch the cheek area, do you lift the muscle with your fingers up towards the center of the eye or do I lift the muscle by smiling and creating resistance by holding the cheek area in place?

Also, several exercises instruct that we pull the muscle/flesh away from the face...does this mean pull the muscle off to the side or straight out from the face?

I love the massage/pinch instruction and find the diagram really helpful. I was a little too enthusiastic and sporting a few small bruises. Thank Goodness for concealer!

Jen

Hi Jen Smile

Thank you for buying my download. You're so brill! Very Happy

To answer your question, you use the muscle to lift the fingers not the fingers to lift the muscle if that makes sense, you can visualise the corners of the mouth moving towards the centre of the eyes, although I don't think you can actually do that, but it helps get the movement.

With the exercises where you pull the skin away from the face, I meant pull it straight out, but I think pulling it off the side of the face would work too. You're just trying to make it more difficult to move the muscle, and however you do that is fine.

Oh gosh I hope your bruises aren't too bad Shock

((((((hugs)))

Loulou x

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:59 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
bethany wrote:

Just an FYI...I did a closer inspection of the old Howdy Doody lines today, and I think they are definitely decreasing!!

I am off to go do my exercises right now. Very Happy

Very inspiring, Bethany! Those are just the changes that I want to see in my face. If my cheeks could "beef" up enough to lift that skin that has sagged somewhat around the N/L area, I would be thrilled.

The exercises are so easy and quick to do that I sometimes find that I want to go thru the entire two day routine each day. I wonder if these muscles are ones that need a regenerating day in between workouts or if they are more like the abs in that they can take and readily respond to everyday exercise.

LouLou, any thoughts on that?? Anyone else??

Hi Mary,

I think you're right about the muscles being like the abs, and you can do them as often as you like Cool It's just that the facial muscles can be strengthened perfectly well in a couple of sessions a week, so I split them like that to make them more manageable time-wise. The only problem with doing them frequently is that you can look tired while the muscles are building, but it will pay off in the end.

About your cheeks building... the muscles will become a little bigger as they're being exercised intensely, but the effect is also like the abs, the muscle pulling the flesh firmly back to the bone structure and becoming more compact and taut. The difference with the face is that a lot of muscles pull the skin back with them! So n/ls and marionette lines should diminish long before your muscle actually builds.

((((hugs))

LL Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:06 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Anya posted this question on 12/4, and my reply was that I had just really noticed some improvement that day....

bethany wrote:
anya wrote:
Do any of you ladies doing the Ageless exercises have marionette lines and have you noticed any improvement?

TIA.

Anya, I have only been doing them since 11/8, but I noticed today that my marionette lines/jowls seemed a bit less obvious to me.
I need to take a picture this weekend before any more time passes so that I can really start watching for changes.

I finally located the camera, and took a pic tonight...the first shot is from 11/27 and the 2nd is from 12/6...9 days later. (ignore my zits...I seem to ALWAYS have zits when I take pics. Rolling Eyes )

Thoughts? Am I just kidding myself into thinking that there is improvement?

The lighting is different, but I see improvement in person, no matter what the lighting is, or the angle. But maybe I just WANT to see improvement?

Hi Bethany Smile

I think the area looks firmer (but then I would, wouldn't I Laughing

You're very brave to post your pics, but in both you look absolutely wonderful at 42! I've lost the thread where you posted about argireline, but I can't see any harm in using it to keep the muscles relaxed when you're not exercising them. frowning and squinting don't condition the muscle, so I don't see that relaxing the muscles would be anything but beneficial. In fact, I want some! Laughing

(((((hugs)) LL Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh Mb, I'm Loulou...I'm sorry to take so long to reply Sad

Even I'm confused about me! My name here is otherloulou, which sort of sounds like I'm a different person, and the people who publish the book happen to be called Lulu as well Confused

I've looked at your pic, but I think everyone is right that you should ask a doc what it is because I'm not qualified to diagnose.

(((((((hugs))) LL Cool

mb935 wrote:
thanks bethany - but i dont want EVERYONE on the internet to see it. Smile

I think youre right Bethany that I should make sure exercising doesnt make my situation worse before I purchase.

Its pretty bad in certain light and I CANT make it any worse and has mentioned nothing has helped it yet.

In reference to the Sculptura i dont remember it even being used in this area - so not sure if it moved or what...

thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:26 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mb935 wrote:

LouLou is the author of the Ageless book...I would load your pic to Webshots in a PRIVATE album (only people that you give the link to can see it), or you could email it to LouLou directly.

You know, where IS LouLou? She has been MIA for a while. Confused

Sorry to go AWOL, first I was really busy with family stuff, then I couldn't find the thread on the skin care board and thought everyone had forgotten about it Laughing

There are quite a few posts I haven't replied to yet, off to carol service now, but will look at thread carefully later LL xx

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |