Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'll say what *I* think..I suspect "quick money-making opportunity" too but I like to believe the best in people and don't want to think anyone would be that uncaring or callous.

Let's not forget not too long ago, Paypal payments had to be disputed by quite a few customers..complaints were ignored..Draw your own conclusions.

As with everything in life, the truth will be revealed, eventually.. Confused

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I got sick and tired of being bombarded daily with amateur sales ploys, so tonight (a bit late I admit) I cancelled my email subscription with them.

I am not happy: I still think LL looks kind of strange (compared to the first photobucket 'silent' video) and feel my confidence in continuing with the Ageless method to be shaken. Sorry, I can't help it.

Feel quite depressed for some reason... Sad
Pony

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's more of a missed opportunity - which is terrible shame all round. The original versions, despite the delivery problems which followed, were really very cheap compared to the other programs on the market. I really don't think making a quick buck was ever the motivation. This time round whether the aim is promoting what I believe is a really effective program and/or it is now about making money (and there's nothing wrong with that at all) this isn't the way to do it.

It's all very odd Sad
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:33 am      Reply with quote
LOL go Kassy but you know something, you'd only be saying what we're all thinking at the end of the day. No response to emails, forum posts, or here. She only came here to sell her darned book which no one seems to have anything further to say about who did purchase it so it sounds ahem quite frankly a let done.
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm so biting my tongue right now, because I'd be banned if I said what I really think on the subject of LL..(F%c_!*& @$$h+!^) I still stand behind what I said several pages back.. (And trust me when I tell you, it's way tamed down.

Sorry if anybody is offended, but IMHO I feel that LL is a fraud. I also think she's quite tacky and disrespectful to her *followers*, when she sneaks out of the woodwork every 6 months to push a new product, but STILL has not bothered to address any concerns or questions from the users of her program. (Even on these last 2 pages!) Get used to it, she doesn't give a crap about anything but making a few sales.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Save your money up, and get *fillers*, then you'll be just like LL..
serendipity2
5% products discount

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I would like to report that I just got a full refund from Anne.

It is so strange, I was finally able to download hotspots, but nothing else!

even using the link that was provided for me here, it would download and then say that it was unavailable for me to view.
odesah

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on LL's email list for quite some time. So long, in fact, that I forgot about it! That is, until I was emailed a few weeks ago about the new Ageless Method. When it finally went on sale, I was truly dismayed at the price. It was way too much, but I did hem and haw about it anyway. In the end, I didn't buy the program because of the price AND because I thought it was totally weird that she had it for sale for only 5 days. That is unheard of, in my book. Why not let as many people buy your product as you can find? And, her Youtube videos made her out to be a real coot. I don't can't put my finger on it, but she's really odd. That made me question the whole program. But, I digress...anyway, did anyone else notice that her 5-day sale was really only 4 days?? Another oddity.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Now I know I'm going mad! I could swear that we had made it onto page 94 of this thread. Where has page 94 gone. Am I dreaming? Help! Didn't Kelin post at the top of it?
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:23 am      Reply with quote
After ploughing through this HUGE thread (trying to figure out which programme, if any, would be best for me) I must say that I am very surprised that people who at first claimed they had good results from Ageless (at a ridiculously low price at that) all of a sudden seem to turn around to bite Loulou. Does this mean the Ageless exercises all of a sudden lost their effectiveness?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
After ploughing through this HUGE thread (trying to figure out which programme, if any, would be best for me) I must say that I am very surprised that people who at first claimed they had good results from Ageless (at a ridiculously low price at that) all of a sudden seem to turn around to bite Loulou. Does this mean the Ageless exercises all of a sudden lost their effectiveness?

If you have read this thread thoroughly you will have seen that it is not the exercises that have been brought into question, but Loulou's professional business practices (or lack of them).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I haven't been able to locate the Ageless if You Dare facial exercise program on Google (the one for $10.00) but after reading some of the negative reviews on here cant say it still looks all that appealing to me. What are some affordable alternatives that are comparable to this program?

Thanks in advance.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I haven't been able to locate the Ageless if You Dare facial exercise program on Google (the one for $10.00) but after reading some of the negative reviews on here cant say it still looks all that appealing to me. What are some affordable alternatives that are comparable to this program?

Thanks in advance.

The $10.00 booklet isn't available any more - the programme is now priced at over $200.00 and was only available to purchase for 5 days. That is what everyone has been complaining about.

There are other programmes from FlexEffect and Carol Maggio for instance but they are not exactly cheap.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
echoecho wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

The $10.00 booklet isn't available any more - the programme is now priced at over $200.00 and was only available to purchase for 5 days. That is what everyone has been complaining about.

There are other programmes from FlexEffect and Carol Maggio for instance but they are not exactly cheap.

Yes I noticed that after reading some of the negative reviews on here.

So not really any other affordable priced alternatives? What do you think of the ones that come free like let's say if you do a search on google?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:01 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Keliu wrote:
echoecho wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Yes I noticed that after reading some of the negative reviews on here.

So not really any other affordable priced alternatives? What do you think of the ones that come free like let's say if you do a search on google?

I lost my original downloadable book - but still use this to check the basic 10 exercises. Put it on full screen and you should find it helpful!

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LouiseAnnette/
Tony1
5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:

Hi Echo,

The free ones are taken from all the other books on the market and from each-other.

Here is a link to Amazon where they sell almost every facial exercise program being sold today. You can't beat the prices there. Some are used for as little as $7.00 At least these exercises have explanations. They explain the exercises in depth where freebies don't.

Actually I think all facial exercise programs today are sold on Amazon. At least the top sellers. Well, except FlexEffect.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:44 am      Reply with quote
A big thank you to semayden and Tony1 for your advice on affordable methods. I have decided to order the facial flex as it just looks easier to learn and do Smile

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:28 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
A big thank you to semayden and Tony1 for your advice on affordable methods. I have decided to order the facial flex as it just looks easier to learn and do Smile

I'd do a bit of research on that before you order it. It's basically two pieces of plastic which use elastic bands to give resistance. You place it in your mouth and stretch your mouth in and out. IMO it's overpriced and totally dumb. I admit to being too lazy to do all the facial exercise routines so I thought this might be an easy way out - but I wouldn't recommend it. There are a number of threads on it on the Forum so do a bit of a search.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
echoecho wrote:

I'd do a bit of research on that before you order it. It's basically two pieces of plastic which use elastic bands to give resistance. You place it in your mouth and stretch your mouth in and out. IMO it's overpriced and totally dumb. I admit to being too lazy to do all the facial exercise routines so I thought this might be an easy way out - but I wouldn't recommend it. There are a number of threads on it on the Forum so do a bit of a search.

I like the idea of it, as it's going to target and firm the bottom half of the face which is the major goal for me.

Yes that's definitely me rather than having to keep on learning the different exercises, just be lazy and use that device. As long as it actually works, the price isnt a real issue.

I'm more paying for the convenience of it. I will have a search though.

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I tried the device and have to say initially it hurt my mouth and I started getting lines on my lips and so emailed the seller, and she was quite rude to me. Wanted me to fork out some more dosh to buy a mouth guard shield that was being included with all the kits from then on, but as I placed my order before she said I would have to pay. When I argued that it should be sent to me free of charge she went silent on it and so I emailed again and she said if I was serious about the problem to either buy the shield or move on - nice words.

I have issues with my lower face at times and I don't believe the Mouthflex works the lower face very well. It definitely effects the lips, upper cheeks and lower lids, but it doesn't do anything for the jawline for me personally.
echoecho wrote:
Keliu wrote:
echoecho wrote:

I like the idea of it, as it's going to target and firm the bottom half of the face which is the major goal for me.

Yes that's definitely me rather than having to keep on learning the different exercises, just be lazy and use that device. As long as it actually works, the price isnt a real issue.

I'm more paying for the convenience of it. I will have a search though.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

All programs offer kits. Flex Effect is $119.00 with 1 dvd and 1 cd and log, Carolyn's Facial Fitness is $67.95 includes DVD, 2 CDs flashcards, mirror and skincare item and Carole Maggio's Facercise is the least expensive of the group at $49.95 it includes the DVD + 2 cds. She also includes the beauty face mitt. I'm sure there are others out there.... but those seem to be the top programs. ~ Aprile
Tony1
5% products discount

Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Keliu wrote:

All programs offer kits. Flex Effect is $119.00 with 1 dvd and 1 cd and log, Carolyn's Facial Fitness is $67.95 includes DVD, 2 CDs flashcards, mirror and skincare item and Carole Maggio's Facercise is the least expensive of the group at $49.95 it includes the DVD + 2 cds. She also includes the beauty face mitt. I'm sure there are others out there.... but those seem to be the top programs. ~ Aprile

Hi Aprile

FlexEffect Also has a 275pg book in the package along with the DVD CD and Training Log. Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry didn't see that Tony...yes I'm sure others include other items as well. I also forgot to mention Carole's has travel cards. What really matters though is finding the program that is the right fit ~ more than price. I believe the problem here is everyone feels duped by Lou Lou. I even received an email from her lauding the "new and improved program" and I'm not even an Ageless facial exerciser or newsletter subscriber ... I use Facercise. Lol! Smile ~ Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 am      Reply with quote
You know I have to say the flashcards were one thing that I got with my first FlexEffect kit that I have seen reproduced by many. Its a shame they no longer do them as they were handy if you were going on holiday etc, or even if like me you just were crazy busy and misplaced your book. I wish they would do them again.

However I did had to laugh as the other day I read on another forum a claim that Carolyn Cleaves was the first person to do them - and thats not true at all. I'm still very cross about the wrinkle release technique. I think its really bad that she's making out she developed it based on Stanford Bennett's book (whereas in reality it came from Juliet Kando's 1990 book). She also borrows very much from Carole Maggio which is a bit naughty in my mind.

However I know some people love her program and I did like it initially with the moves being more like a massage and she did respond to emails usually quite promptly. Only thing that annoys me is that I've been removed from her mailing list as I've never received this years newsletter and suspect its because of a comment I made about her program - but ca la vie. I don't know if I've missed much out as a result - has anyone got her newsletter this year that can comment?

aprile wrote:
Sorry didn't see that Tony...yes I'm sure others include other items as well. I also forgot to mention Carole's has travel cards. What really matters though is finding the program that is the right fit ~ more than price. I believe the problem here is everyone feels duped by Lou Lou. I even received an email from her lauding the "new and improved program" and I'm not even an Ageless facial exerciser or newsletter subscriber ... I use Facercise. Lol! Smile ~ Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Also have to give credit that book is a huge resource in itself. I did like Ultimate Facercise as its got things in there on hormones etc and Carole's experience with bioidentical hormones which I think she is the first and only one to speak up about (and considering Loulou's dramatic transformation which wasn't just due to exercises but I think hormone balancing too, but the Flexeffect book does have things in it that other systems do not currently have as well as the science bit.

Thats the thing missing from Maggio's stuff. She just kind of ignores or sidelines the science part.
Tony1 wrote:

Hi Aprile

FlexEffect Also has a 275pg book in the package along with the DVD CD and Training Log. Smile
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 am      Reply with quote
TM, enough now with the who-borrowed-from-whom-and-did-not-give-credit lark, geez. I for one am sick of it and I am sure there are members on the other skin forum that you write on who would agree with me. We get your point, now move on, please. Cool
newera
5% products discount

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:04 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Only thing that annoys me is that I've been removed from her mailing list as I've never received this years newsletter and suspect its because of a comment I made about her program - but ca la vie. I don't know if I've missed much out as a result - has anyone got her newsletter this year that can comment?

Hi, TheresaMary. I'm sure you haven't been removed from Carolyn's mailing list, as I haven't had a newsletter, either - and I'm a very happy CFF user, and have never made any negative comments about her system. Quite the opposite! I've written about my experiences on another thread.

I emailed Carolyn to say I hadn't received a newsletter, and she replied saying that she was getting together some new videos demonstrating the Bonus exercises and some new additions. She's had some technical hitches (and she broke her wrist recently), but she's hoping to get the videos out soon. If you email Carolyn yourself, I'm sure she'll explain the reasons. HTH.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |