Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
anca wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
anca,

I meant no disrespect to you at all, I also have taught 4 (now grown kids) never to post pictures or personal info online, and I still feel it would be hypocritical of me to do so. I may well someday be a grandmother and would also hope they would pass that lesson on down. There are too many dangers out on the web. Just my way I suppose. Very Happy

DarkMoon, I agree with you. I didn´t mean another thing.

Good I just wanted you to know it is just my personal feeling about it, and not intended to offend anyone with a differing view. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Okay, Ageless peeps! If my eyes are not deceiving me, I do believe that within this last week, after doing Ageless now for 12 week as of today, I am FINALLY seeing some changes. My cheeks are looking a smidgen more apple-y, with slight hallows beneath them. My lids look slightly more open, but that could also be helped with the two different eye creams I've been testing (see my signiture below to explain that in more detail). My neck and jaw look and feel firmer. And my already full lips look a tad bit fuller (watch out Angelina! Laughing ).

I'm hoping this is just not all imagination, but I've been feeling this way about everything mentioned above for about a week now. So it's not like one day I feel like I see a difference and the next day I'm like, "Argh! I knew it was too good to be true!" Yep, every time I look in the mirror now I see these changes.

Now, I did do a TCA peel about 10 days ago, which did a nice job at further fading my remaining melasma and age spots even more and maybe softened my forehead wrinkles a little bit more, too. I've been doing lactic acid and TCA peels every couple of months for about 1 1/2 years now. But I know that those peels did nothing for the above mentioned changes, they just soften wrinkles and pigmentation. So, these have to be all from Ageless. Smile

So, on Sunday I take my monthy pictures for my blog and will post my result pictures here next to how I looked when I started 3 months ago to see if you all can confirm if I'm right or if I'm delusional. Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations! Can't wait to see your pics!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Argh! I thought for sure I would see more of a difference in my face in my pictures. I though my eyelids would be less hooding. The only thing I can think of is that TOM is coming any day now and they are a little more puffy from the water retention. I swear...they did look less puffy to me a few days ago. But here are the updated pictures of me:

Before starting Ageless 12/25/2012:
Today 1/25/2012:

I did stand in another spot for the after picture because I didn't want the shadowing on the right side of my face. I'll make sure to stand in this spot for the next pictures as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Cheeks!!!!!
And your forehead is really smoothing out!

Eyes, there really IS a difference, look at the inner sides of the upper eyelids, more lid showing. You look happier!

Kudos for your hard work, looks like it's really paying off!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Cheeks!!!!!

Eyes, there really IS a difference, look at the inner sides of the upper eyelids, more lid showing. You look happier!

Aww...you made my day, Lotusesther! Thanks so much. I'm hoping that next month bring much more noticeable changes. Smile

To me the most diffence I can see from these two pictures is that my cheeks do look a little fuller as does my top lip. Gotta work on getting my eyebrows a little higher.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Cheeks!!!!!

what exercises do you do for the forehead?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Anca, there isn't really an exercise for the forehead with Ageless, just for the eyebrows. She does do one for the furrows where you pinch the furrow area and tense the muscle there. That is supposed to be an occasional exercise, but I do it along with the origninal workout, 3 times a week.

I think my forehead wrinkles smoothing out has more to do with the lactic acid and TCA peels I've been doing, but the furrow exercise may be helping smooth those lines as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wow,sandooch,your apple cheeks are much fuller!Congratulations!
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
The thing that struck me the most, sandooch, are your NL folds. Though they are not bad to begin with and of the plump cheek variety that young 'uns often have, in the first picture they are more vertically sloped, running more directly from your nose to your mouth corners, which look more aging. If you look at the second pic, you will clearly notice that they are less sloped and run more at a diagonal... from your nose out more toward your jaw... this looks more youthful and even kids have folds here from their plump cheeks. I'm guessing this is from your cheeks lifting up

And the smoothing of the lines in between your eyebrows is nothing short of remarkable, whatever the reason!

Congrats, keep up the good work, and thanks for inspiring me to keep training!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again UmEnis and Cesc&Helena.

UmEnis, wow, you really looked for the details! Laughing I do see what you are talking about, though. I'm thinking that most of the improvement in that area is from that brighter light, but I will give some props to the exercises as well. Wink

And I did end up getting a visit from Auntie Flo this morning, so I'm going to blame her water retention for my puffy eyelids in my after pictures because I know that when I look in the mirror my eyes look more open than that. Hopefully she will not be around when I take next months progress pics, so you'll be able to see more of a difference.

Now, if I can only figure out why my body is being stubborn and not letting go of this extra weight. I swear, I've been dieting and exercising faithfully and the scale stays between 190-194 for the last 4 months. Very aggravating! Mad I know the apple cheeks and the definition underneath them would stand out more and my eyes would look even more open if I could get this weight off. I'll just keep plugging along though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
"I've been dieting and exercising faithfully and the scale stays between 190-194 for the last 4 months."
You should try the cold shower for 3-5 min as Dr Oz recommended to kick start your metabolism . Is very frustrating .. Keep up the good work Smile You are doing a fantastic job very inspiring Smile
Miel24
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:55 am      Reply with quote
That's great Sandooch, it's so encouraging when you start to see a real difference. And in your most recent photo you look so much more fresh faced too.

I am really encouraged by your results as I am still at the "one day good, next day not so sure" stage. I have seen a definite difference to my lips, the shape is changing and they are a bit more pouty, but my main issue is on lifting slight jowls that I need to build my cheeks up for, and because my cheeks were quite flat to start with might take a while.

But anyway, great news well done!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both!

Miel24, I can't remember if you said you took before pictures. It can be amazing to see those next to more recent ones. People have pointed out differences in my pictures that I didn't even notice.

I did go through the one-day-I-see-change-and-the-next-day-no-change phase for a while, but just recently the changes had started to stick. Well, exept for my puffy eyes in the after photo, but I know that I'll see an even bigger improvement there in my next pictures when the water retention goes away.

So, do you think you'll be posting some before and after pictures any time soon? Smile

5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I think I will post before/after pics. I wasn't planning to so haven't purposefully kept any specific "before" pics. But I'm sure I can find something and then take a pic in similar pose, light etc. It would be interesting to see what others think..I'll start looking now..
HollyJoy
5% products discount

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum, although I have been reading the posts about ageless if we dare for a couple of weeks before finally purchasing the DVD and I'm so glad I did! I've only been using it for about 2 1/2 weeks now (everyday) + the facial massage but can already notice the difference!! My cheeks already look and feel lifted, my double chin is disappearing and becoming firmer, my chin area is looking more defined and my eyes are looking wider and more awake - I love it! I'm so excited to see how much more my face will change Smile I have used other facial exercises in the past but have found the best results by far are with ageless and it takes so little time, my previous one look about 40 mins, so this is much more manageable for me.

Sandooch - Thanks for posting your pics, I can really see this difference (especially in your cheeks and chin/neck area) and it's so inspiring to see how well it's working Smile

I just wondered if anyone knew how often you are meant to do the Ageless exercises, is it everyday or just 5 times a week? Also do you do day 1 one day and then day 2 the next and keep alternating? I've been doing it that way everyday but don't want to over do it!

Holly x
Miel24
5% products discount

Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Holly,

Glad you have seen results really quickly and that you're pleased with Ageless.

I personally do the exercises every day, alternating between the Day One and Day Two exercises. That way the muscles worked get a day off which I believe LouLou recommends.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Miel24, Thanks for your reply! That makes sense to keep alternating and not to over work the muscles. How is Ageless working for you? I noticed you were thinking of posting/taking some before/after pics! I'm thinking of doing the same, would be good to keep a track of my progress!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Holly, I do hope you can post some before and after pictures. I'm happy to hear that you are one of the lucky ones that gets results fast. You must be more on the young side of the fence. Razz

Yes, LouLou does recommend you do exercises 1-5 one day and exercises 6-10 the next or do the whole routine every other day, 3 times a week. Otherwise, she said you could end up overworking your muscles resulting in a tired look to your face.

And thank you for the compliment.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:30 am      Reply with quote
HollyJoy wrote:
Hi Miel24, Thanks for your reply! That makes sense to keep alternating and not to over work the muscles. How is Ageless working for you? I noticed you were thinking of posting/taking some before/after pics! I'm thinking of doing the same, would be good to keep a track of my progress!

I have been doing Ageless for about three months and throughout have had "good" days of seeing some subtle changes and then days when my face hasn't changed at all or even looked a little worse. It has been so difficult to be objective, especially when my jawline looks so much firmer and then a few days later, it seems slacker I wonder if it is a weight thing as I tend to put fat on my lower cheeks first?

Having said all that I have noticed in the past few days that my upper cheek seems more defined. My lips are definitely firmer and more defined. And that these aren't temporary.

The only before pic that I found (full face, hair scraped back and no make up) is from about a year ago but my features are a bit bleached out from light so you can't really compare properly.

I'm going to start now instead and take one now from three angles and then another set in three months time and so on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:13 am      Reply with quote
At first I had 'slack' and 'firm' days as well. I think it may have to do with muscle tension/tone, fatigue plays a part in this I guess. But after several months I notice the difference between slack and firm is a lot smaller, especially around my jaw line. I guess the cheek muscles are really pulling everything up.
When I do the exercises there is a definite difference in the thickness of the muscle (not the skin etc.) that I can feel working since I started Ageless. There's a lot more to grip, which means it's building I guess.
Miel24
5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
At first I had 'slack' and 'firm' days as well. I think it may have to do with muscle tension/tone, fatigue plays a part in this I guess. But after several months I notice the difference between slack and firm is a lot smaller, especially around my jaw line. I guess the cheek muscles are really pulling everything up.
When I do the exercises there is a definite difference in the thickness of the muscle (not the skin etc.) that I can feel working since I started Ageless. There's a lot more to grip, which means it's building I guess.

Thanks Lotusesther, this is really encouraging to hear. That it's part of the process and that I am not imagining things either. It's all good Smile

5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sandooch, I will take a before pic today (as I don't have any from when I first started) and will take another in a couple of months, to give enough time to see the difference.

Ah, I'm 29 so maybe that does helps to see faster results, but since starting I'm forever checking mirrors and scrutinising my face for ANY changes so maybe I'm noticing it more due to my obsessing over it Wink

I can really see the difference in your before/after pics though and it's great that your starting to see the difference with it too! - I just saw your blog and can't believe what an amazing job you've done in such a short time, you look so much younger, your pics are really inspiring, thanks so much for sharing!! Smile
Miel24
5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 am      Reply with quote
HollyJoy, I wish I had started doing facial exercises at 29, it really does appear that the younger you are the quicker you see results. In fact in the instructions that comes with my Safetox gadget, it says the same thing.

Good luck with your continual progress and looking forward to seeing before/ after pics you might choose to show in future Smile

5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Miel24, but I'm sure you can see great changes, even if it takes a while at any age(I've even told told my Dad about the exercises;)! It's great to hear the changes in your upper cheeks and lips are staying too! Smile

I've noticed that too with my face some days looking better and more toned than others, but for me that could down to other factors i.e. lack of sleep or bad diet!

Yeah, I think I'm going to do the same time period with my before/after pics - 3 months seems like a good time to hopefully notice some decent changes!

Good luck too & I look forward to seeing yours Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |