Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks everyone! I am happy that I didn't give up on Ageless after two months. But I also think that Tanaka has produced great results in such a short time. I do 6 sets instead of the recommended 3 sets for the eyes and double chin area. I cannot wait to see how much more improvement I can get in another month with both Ageless and Tanaka. Wink

Sandooch, you look wonderful! I am in my mid 30's and weight about what you did at your starting weight last year and I have been puting off weight loss for so long because I am afraid of how it will affect my face with sagging and aging etc but after seeing your result with the massage and facial exercise I feel really inspired to go for it and follow your advice. Thank you so much for posting your pictures you look incredible and have give me hope for myself if only I have your dedication!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Pandora. It is sweet comments like yours that give me extra motivation on days when I feel bummed because I haven't gotten as far along as I would have liked by now.

I know how you feel about being nervous about your face aging as you lose weight. That is the major reason I upped my goal weight from 140 to 150. I'd rather have that extra 10 pounds to help me plump up my wrinkles. Wink

Tue May 22, 2012 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sandooch you look great! I'm new to ageless but discovered it recently and thought it looked like a program I could realsitically keep up with (I'd happily do it everyday for life if it worked). Well I'm around 10 weeks in and getting dispirited! I guess from reading this thread that actually I had some pretty unrealistic ideas about how quick I could see results. Obviously I was hoping for something dramatic in 6 weeks! It's just that a lot of before-and-after photos for facial excercise routines seem to be taken after just a few weeks, which kind of suggests it's going to be rapid results.

Until today I had noticed absolutely nothing!!! It doesn't take long to do but it's nice to see a tiny bit of improvement to keep going. Then today I noticed I have developed an extra line I didn't have before. This really sucks! It is a crease at the side of my mouth that I guess is down to all the 'smiling' excercises. I'm a bit worried about carrying on in case this just gets much worse.

I just wondered if you experts could reassure me that I will begin to see some differences in time...Also I'm sure I read somewhere that things can get worse before they get better. So you may get some extra lines before things start to 'lift'. It's just that the women who create these progams look so good you think it must really work!

Thanks, finding this discussion very helpful
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hello otterine and welcome to the boards!

I was in the same boat as you're in right now; I was expecting almost immediate results. If you've read some of my posts a few pages back, you'll see that I was discouraged as well when after 2 months of faithfully following the program, I didn't see one smidgen of improvement. But others here told me not to get discouraged and not to judge my results with other people's results because everyone is different. Someone younger with less lifting as a goal and firmer muscles to begin with will usually see changes much faster than someone older, which was my case. I didn't even start to see some changes in my cheeks until I was doing the program for 3 months. Then by the end of month 4 my eyes started lifting a bit and my jawline got a little tighter, too.

But I also have started to do the Tanaka massage, which I sould suggest you do to help smooth out those lines you just aquired. You can find it on youtube. There are 4 parts to watch, but you just need to do the parts in videos 2-3 where the model does the massage on herself. After you do it a few times, it's easy to memorize and takes about 5 minutes to do each day. Some people say it takes 3 minutes, but I've timed it, and I would have to rush through it to get it done in that amount of time. I really like it.

I'll be posting my 5 month progress pictures from Ageless soon. The Tanaka I've only done for a little over a month though.

Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Sandy, I just popped over to your blog again and I am amazed at the change in your face. Your eyes look so open! Your forehead is smoothe, elevens are almost gone and your cheeks look lifted too. And the colour of your skin, so pink and sparkly. Jealous, much!

Your bod is looking hot too. In your very first photo July 25, 2011, you look so miserable, and now you look so happy.

Well done.

Oh and good luck with the next step, I have heard that the P90X program is quite gruelling ( http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/index.php?showtopic=27717&st=0 )
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, HippoMe!

I'm actually going to start doing Jillian Micheal's Body Revolution. It's her version of the P90X. I did try the original P90 years ago, and my arms bulked up right away, so I gave it to my brother who had great success. I'm hoping Jillian's program will help reduce my arms (those and my abdominal/waist area are my biggest trouble areas).

So hopefully the next set of body pictures I post will show some considerable differences. Smile

Sun May 27, 2012 11:52 am      Reply with quote
reposting for bob44 Smile

bob44 wrote:
Hey Sandooch,

I was looking at your pics and I noticed your eye area has significantly improved. I know you said you did ageless and tanaka massage, is there anything else you did as well? I did not PM you because I feel other people would probably like to know as well.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bob44,

Yes, I do Ageless and more recently the Tanaka massage. I've mentioned on other posts here that I don't do the eyelid pulling exercise from Ageless, though, even though others have said they do it and have gotten good results with it. Quite frankly, it scares me because I don't like the way it feels while doing it, my vision is blurry for a couple minutes or so afterwards and my lids stay crepey for a minute after do it.

Instead of that exercise I just press the palms of my hands against my forehead with the heels of my palms on my eyebrows and slightly push my eyebrows up with my palms (I previously was doing this by just using my finger tips under my eyebrows and pushing up, but I noticed it created forehead wrinkles doing it this way; by using my whole palm pressed against my forehead, I don't get those wrinkles). Once I have my eybrows up a bit, I squeeze my eyelids shut tightly for a count of 10, release and do it again for a full count of 20. I count 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi syle. Wink I will sometimes do another set later in the day if I remember.

Hope that helps!

Tue May 29, 2012 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement Sandooch, I must try the Tanaka sometime soon. I checked out your blog..WOW! I was particularly struck by your face in profile, it has lifted massively...a decade off at least I'd say. But I was wondering if a lot of your face improvements are down to your impressive weight loss and maybe not so much the ageless?

Also, I don't know if anyone else finds this, but when I look at myself in the mirror to check for changes Confused or look at photos, the look of my eyes greatly depends on my expression. I don't mean facial expression so much as whether you have your scalp muscles tensed or not - as if you do this gives a lot of lift to the eyes, but isn't really noticeable in the expression, leading to an impression of massive improvement. If not tensed the eyes look a lot more hooded...don't think I'd describing this very well but I'm sure some of you ladies will know what I am on about. I imagine tensed scalp muscles can give some of the before and after photos you see on some of the exercise program sites a bit of an unrealistic edge.

Anyhow, I realise that although I started with Ageless, I have been using a whole mixture of exercises that I have adopted as I like them better than Agelss. I've stuck with the ageless for cheeks (much better than putting your hands in your mouth!) but for eyes I have picked up an exercise from Eva Fraser and also I like Tom's eye excercise (you can find him at 'shapeyourface'). I agree, didn't like pulling at my eye's...didn't feel good!
Also Tom has another excercise on his site for the scalp muscle that I have been doing too. It's the only place that seems to mention this one, but I reckon it could be good to lift things from further back...only wish I could back all this up with some stupendous results!
bob44
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I would like to sing your praises as well Sandooch. You are looking fantastic, both body and face. What exercises did you do for your under eyelids?

Keep up the great work!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Bob, thank you so much. I don't do a specific exercise for under my eyes. The one exercise in Ageless where you are supposed to pinch the outer sides of the eyes is supposed to work the whole eye area though.

otterine, yes, my weightloss does have a lot to do with my face looking slimmer, which is especially evident in my side face shots.

But the most recent pictures that I posted on the previous page show me from when I started Ageless. At that time I weighed just over 189 in the before picture. In my most recent pictures I posted, though, I about 6 pounds heavier. Crying or Very sad But if you look closely in my profile of those two pictures, you can see a smidgen less of a double chin in my most recent picture, even with the 6-pound gain. That gives me hope that either the Ageless or Tanaka or both are firming up that area. I can only assume that had I lost that 6 pounds instead of gained it, I would have seen a much greater result.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the eyes changing shape when the forehead is tense. I do try my best to get in the same postitions and keep the same expressions when I do take pictures, trying not to tense and just have a relaxed face.. It is difficult to get the same lighting, though, because I have to wait for someone in my family to take my picture, so sometimes I take them in the morning or in the afternoon, and the lighting may be different and affect the pictures with shodows and such. I don't think by much though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Bob, thank you so much. I don't do a specific exercise for under my eyes. The one exercise in Ageless where you are supposed to pinch the outer sides of the eyes is supposed to work the whole eye area though.

So you do that one exercise in ageless?(where you pinch the outer sides of the eyes) Or do you skip all of them all together?

Perhaps I should look into tanaka massage as well. Ive looked in the thread but there is just way too much information. Do you mind linking me to the videos you use for the tanaka massage?

have a great night Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2012 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I do that one eye exercise from ageless and the one I described in detail a couple posts above.

Here is the link to the first Tanaka video (there are 4 of them all together). Even though you should watch all 4, the self massage is shown in videos 2 and 3. It seems like a lot, but it takes me about 4-5 minutes to do once I memorized it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 4:13 am      Reply with quote
If you just search youtube for Tanaka Massage, you'll get them up.

Part 1 is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrceQS7qdaI
bob44 wrote:
sandooch wrote:

So you do that one exercise in ageless?(where you pinch the outer sides of the eyes) Or do you skip all of them all together?

Perhaps I should look into tanaka massage as well. Ive looked in the thread but there is just way too much information. Do you mind linking me to the videos you use for the tanaka massage?

have a great night Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Oops...thanks TM. I can't believe I forgot to post the link. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Sandooch ! Smile
Thanks for the link TM, ill be sure to check it out Smile
Ageless Steve Royce
5% products discount

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm Steve, I'm Ageless in the sense that I oversee the smooth running of the Ageless business.

Our new website will be up and running in the next 24 hours... Our new gallery shows a glimpse of where we work, also how ageless I am not!

Best regards, Ageless Steve Royce
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Ageless Steve Royce wrote:
Hi, I'm Steve, I'm Ageless in the sense that I oversee the smooth running of the Ageless business.

Our new website will be up and running in the next 24 hours... Our new gallery shows a glimpse of where we work, also how ageless I am not!

Best regards, Ageless Steve Royce

Hi Ageless Steve!

I'm a big fan of Loulou's Ageless program (started doing it in 2009), so I for one will be anxiously waiting for you to post the new site's addy. Can't wait to check it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Steve - is this connected to the Ageless if we Dare facial exercises, or a different ageless product? We've not heard from Lou since she last appeared to sell her modified program, whats been going on with her?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary, you took the words right out of my mouth. It would be interesting to find out where LouLou has been and what she's been up to.

But, Ageless Steve, you didn't make it clear if the new Ageless site is actually the Ageless If We Dare site.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
TheresaMary, you took the words right out of my mouth. It would be interesting to find out where LouLou has been and what she's been up to.

But, Ageless Steve, you didn't make it clear if the new Ageless site is actually the Ageless If We Dare site.

TheresaMary and sandooch, I've been wondering about LouLou too. I'm assuming (not always a safe thing to do, I know) that Steve is working with LouLou since he posted in this thread, "Ageless If You Dare - LouLou's Facial Exercises". Hope we find out soon, and I hope we get some updates on LouLou.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I did assume this as well. But there is also a skin cream called Ageless, so I guess one could think he may be talking about this, too. Hope to hear from him soon and that he was, indeed talking about the Ageless If We Dare Site. I'm looking forward to seeing if there are any more before and after pictures. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sovajo,TheresaMary and Sandooch, thanks so much for your interest ,just confirming this will be her new 'ageless if we dare' site.

Loulou is around,alive and well again... She's been visiting local schools and talking to groups of teenage girls about how to thrive amongst the mysterious, insidious workings of popular beauty culture. She's still writing also, but I'm dealing
with the day-to-day running of the business. I'm hoping to be as helpful and informative as I can.

Best regards, ageless Steve
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for confirming, Steve. Could you tell us how the new site will be different? Will there be more before and after pictures? Does she have another program? What exactly will be different about it?

5% products discount

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Sandooch, the Ageless site is up and running, but for the moment we can only access it by this address:

Future-face.net

This will take you to the new site!

It's Louise's original programme. When she developed the Ageless method she used all her research, experience and hands-on feel to make it as effective and intense as possible, and as she says herself, it's the best work she is capable of.

But we are planning some surprises, especially for our newsletter readers, but also for visitors to our site. Right now we have a super-special offer that will run throughout June.

It's a massive offer to get the site off to a smokin' start, and we're hoping people will seize the opportunity and get Ageless!

And we are sure Ageless veterans will find it useful too. We certainly have them in mind as the site develops.

Before/afters... We have satisfied customers, certainly, but we can't force them to share their pictures. We will see what we can do though!

Hope this helps,

Steve
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |