Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
INGLANA
5% products discount

Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:08 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Thank you Inglana. That answer helps me a lot, as I have only just started I will wait.
I am an impatient sort of person but am trying hard not to be. Laughing

Yor welcome, I know how you feel, I am also very impatient and have learn't over the years to walk before I can run. What I have noticed as to the changes that are taking place for me any way , are lower eyes filling out, forhead especially frown lines smoothing out,and the overall look of my face is starting to look like a plump pillow, just hope these changes last. Wink xx
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Steve and Ballerina - thanks for your replies.

I have now officially started my 3 week program!

Loopy - perhaps we should check in with each other from time to time and compare notes!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Please ladies will you share your experiences with us? I am considering buying the hotspots too, so I would very much appreciate to learn how you like it!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Please ladies will you share your experiences with us? I am considering buying the hotspots too, so I would very much appreciate to learn how you like it!

Yes, I will - but, I assume the results won't be visible for some time, months even.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Ageless Steve, I'm not sure if you already answered this about just the basic Ageless program, not the hot spots...I did the Ageless If You Dare program in it's entirety (plus, 3 of the occasional exercises) Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 5-6 months (can't remember exactly at the moment). I'm good with how my face looks now, so I only do it twice a week (usually Monday and Thursday) to maintain.

How many times a week does LouLou say to do the entire program to maintain, once or twice a week?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Thank you Inglana. That answer helps me a lot, as I have only just started I will wait.

Loops, are you doing the new programme, the latest one? I still have the old one (no video, just the book) which I haven't tried yet from years ago.

Once I have some time to dedicate to it, I fully intend to give it a go. Just wondering whether I should change to the new one, though.

I'm impressed by Sandooch's results, along with her usage of the Takana (or whatever it's called) massage. Mind you, I'm also keen to start dermarolling at some point.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I am confused, I had the original version on old putter, now its gone Confused , no longer in my email! but is this version different or would I be buying the same program twice?

The only thing left in my email is the link to a video from her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I am confused, I had the original version on old putter, now its gone Confused , no longer in my email! but is this version different or would I be buying the same program twice?

The only thing left in my email is the link to a video from her.

I'm guessing that there will probably have been improvements since I bought mine several years ago, Tiny. So we may be a little out-of-date, not sure by how much, though.

I'd probably rather have a video version, to be honest, to give me a better chance of getting it exactly right.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have both versions, the newer one is much nicer to look at but I think the content is essentially the same.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
I have both versions, the newer one is much nicer to look at but I think the content is essentially the same.

Thanks Karenlee I just hate buying the same info twice, sighs, I'd rather purchase the hotspots than to repurchase it all. I can't figure out why I only have the video (very short clips she did) and not the book I bought.

ment to say Thanks Majorb too!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
karenlee wrote:

Thanks Karenlee I just hate buying the same info twice, sighs, I'd rather purchase the hotspots than to repurchase it all. I can't figure out why I only have the video (very short clips she did) and not the book I bought.

You're welcome, Tiny, not that I was able to be of much help!

It's good to know that the content is the same as it saves us from wasting money on a duplicate. (More money to spend on skincare, instead. Laughing )
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:27 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Tiny wrote:
karenlee wrote:

You're welcome, Tiny, not that I was able to be of much help!

It's good to know that the content is the same as it saves us from wasting money on a duplicate. (More money to spend on skincare, instead. Laughing )

well since my email only has the video she did for the original, I obviously had the book on my old putter, sobssssssssssss

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I'd just like to add that while the exercises are the same in both editions of the book, there really is a lot more content in the newer version.

The new edition has photos of LouLou demonstrating the exercises, whereas the original only had drawings showing where to grip. I find the photos much more helpful.

The new one also has a "Checklist" for each exercise, giving tips and reminders to make sure you're doing it correctly.

The original book was 109 pages; the new one, 137, with an added FAQ section that's informative and helpful.

But like I said, the program itself is the same in both editions of the book, so you wouldn't be getting any "new" exercises or methods, etc. with the new one, just some extra features that make it nice to have.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
karenlee wrote:

Hi Tiny,

The video (short clips) sounds like the free video that loulou put on her site as a guide for people who needed help. The ageless DVD came later, is about 20 times longer and a lot more detailed. You haven't already purchased that! Smile
All best, Steve
Ageless Steve Royce
5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Sovajo wrote:
I'd just like to add that while the exercises are the same in both editions of the book, there really is a lot more content in the newer version.

The new edition has photos of LouLou demonstrating the exercises, whereas the original only had drawings showing where to grip. I find the photos much more helpful.

The new one also has a "Checklist" for each exercise, giving tips and reminders to make sure you're doing it correctly.

The original book was 109 pages; the new one, 137, with an added FAQ section that's informative and helpful.

But like I said, the program itself is the same in both editions of the book, so you wouldn't be getting any "new" exercises or methods, etc. with the new one, just some extra features that make it nice to have.

Thanks Ronn, the Ageless 2nd edition is Louise's pride and joy!

It's absolutely not necessary for anyone to buy it, but it's great that you're finding the new content worthwhile.

All best, always,
Steve
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Ageless Steve Royce wrote:
Tiny wrote:
karenlee wrote:

Hi Tiny,

The video (short clips) sounds like the free video that loulou put on her site as a guide for people who needed help. The ageless DVD came later, is about 20 times longer and a lot more detailed. You haven't already purchased that! Smile
All best, Steve

No I purchased her first book, then she did a short clip serious of video, so your right on video, but wrong on the program purchase. But good news I did find my first purchase.

5% products discount

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
To be fair, I'm a vet at ageless, just bought the 30 day programme. Couple of cool new ex seem good lots of tips and info. And it was low price, I'll read it peoperly later. BUT whats this with charging 250 quid for a lesson. Is that a typo or what . She can't be serious. Confused Confused
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Loops, are you doing the new programme, the latest one? I still have the old one (no video, just the book) which I haven't tried yet from years ago.

Once I have some time to dedicate to it, I fully intend to give it a go. Just wondering whether I should change to the new one, though.

I'm impressed by Sandooch's results, along with her usage of the Takana (or whatever it's called) massage. Mind you, I'm also keen to start dermarolling at some point.

Sorry
I have only just seen this question. Yes I have new version, the book and DVD was just too hard for me to resist. I do like a hard copy as you all know my habit of ruining my laptops, plus I do tend to lose downloads for some reason.
It was Sandooches fabulous results that convinced me to go ahead.
I have been doing the exercises very regularly which is unheard of for me but it literally takes 5-10 minutes a day, even I can find that time. I also have the tanaka massage parts 2 and 3 bookmarked and I try to do that everyday.
I am noticing a bit of firming in my face, I should take more photo's so I can compare properly because I am sure my eyes play tricks. Some-days I think yes the combination of exercise, topicals and PMD is working and other days I think OMG when did I turn into this ugly wrinkly old bag.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:16 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Sorry
I have only just seen this question. Yes I have new version, the book and DVD was just too hard for me to resist. I do like a hard copy as you all know my habit of ruining my laptops, plus I do tend to lose downloads for some reason.
It was Sandooches fabulous results that convinced me to go ahead.
I have been doing the exercises very regularly which is unheard of for me but it literally takes 5-10 minutes a day, even I can find that time. I also have the tanaka massage parts 2 and 3 bookmarked and I try to do that everyday.
I am noticing a bit of firming in my face, I should take more photo's so I can compare properly because I am sure my eyes play tricks. Some-days I think yes the combination of exercise, topicals and PMD is working and other days I think OMG when did I turn into this ugly wrinkly old bag.

Yes, even though I bought the old ebook version years ago, it was Sandooch who inspired me to really want to give this a go - and the Tanaka massage.

I hate having my photo taken and usually avoid it like the plague, but I think it's probably a really good idea when starting a regime like this - even if it's just for personal use (I'd be way too scaredy to post my pics online).

If we turn into supermodels, then I'll be posting my pic left, right and centre, though! Very Happy

I'm also keen on trying a bit of dermarolling at some point.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:15 pm      Reply with quote

It's absolutely not necessary for anyone to buy it, but it's great that you're finding the new content worthwhile.

All best, always,
Steve

Steeve,
I've been lurking on EDS for a few months, and facial exercises were what first got me here... but I have yet to decide on a program, because I am scared to actually start them (you probably hear this a lot). Now that I am noticing more and more signs of aging that may only have surgical solutions in the eyes of most people, I am seriously considering facial exercises again.
I would like to know however, does Ageless address sagging malar fat pads?
I am 27, but I am starting to notice a descent of the malar fat pad which is accentuating my dark under eye circles and results in faint diagonal cheek ridges when I smile. Does Ageless have any exercises that address such issues? Here's a photo that would describe a more advanced case of what I'm referring to (i do not have the jowls):
http://www.realself.com/files/518105-479226.JPG
I apologize if this is a duplicate question on this thread, I have not found any reference to the malar fat pads, although they are part of the mid face.
I would appreciate your honesty with respect to this matter. I would only have 5-10 min/day to spend on facial exercises, and I want to invest in a program that would address my concerns.
Thank you in advance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for Steve too, while I also got the 30 day program, I have not had 2 seconds to really review it, would this be a great program to do instead of the full one or just a great change up?

And thank you for answering my emails, I appreciate the customer service, its been outstanding!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:09 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:

All best, always,
Steve

Steeve,
I've been lurking on EDS for a few months, and facial exercises were what first got me here... but I have yet to decide on a program, because I am scared to actually start them (you probably hear this a lot). Now that I am noticing more and more signs of aging that may only have surgical solutions in the eyes of most people, I am seriously considering facial exercises again.
I am 27, but I am starting to notice a descent of the malar fat pad which is accentuating my dark under eye circles and results in faint diagonal cheek ridges when I smile. Does Ageless have any exercises that address such issues? Here's a photo that would describe a more advanced case of what I'm referring to (i do not have the jowls):
I apologize if this is a duplicate question on this thread, I have not found any reference to the malar fat pads, although they are part of the mid face.

I would appreciate your honesty with respect to this matter. I would only have 5-10 min/day to spend on facial exercises, and I want to invest in a program that would address my concerns.
Thank you in advance.

Hi fitgineer,

The skin, muscle and fat pads of the face are literally hanging from the cheekbone at one end and meshed together in the perioral area. There's a fan of muscles that pull this mesh of flesh up and out towards the cheekbone, also the fleshy area of the cheeks is meshed with the buccinator muscle that pulls the cheek inward towards the bone structure.

In other words the malar fat pads are not separable from the rest of the cheek flesh.

When the cheek muscles slacken the flesh begins to descend and eventually dangle, malar pads and all. Tightening the facial muscles will pull the whole area up and outward and reverse the descent of the malar pads.

The Ageless programme centres on exactly this issue, which is responsible for the most dramatic changes in the face with age, jowls, sag, lack of upper cheek volume. Yes it's ideally suited to your issue and yes it's only 5 minutes. If you're not interested in crows feet or puffy lips or a long neck it's actually 5 minutes twice per week.

Hope this helps,

Louise

5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
I have a question for Steve too, while I also got the 30 day program, I have not had 2 seconds to really review it, would this be a great program to do instead of the full one or just a great change up?

And thank you for answering my emails, I appreciate the customer service, its been outstanding!!

Tiny Smile

Thanks for the customer service thumbs up, it's what I'm for!

30 day is designed to speed your progress along. 1)If you're a beginner it provides a kick start so that you see quite marked results very quickly.

2)If you're wanting to step up your training in a controlled way for a few weeks.

3)If you're wanting to look your best on a certain date

It's a much heavier workload than the usual programme. There's a schedule of exercise and massage every day instead of 4 times per week, which will take its toll on your looks short term. As the weeks go on though the emphasis shifts towards techniques that lift the face immediately and allows the muscles time to recover from the heavy work and look its best.

The regular Ageless programme is the best way to lift your face without looking tired at any point. It fits into your normal lifestyle much more easily.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:20 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
fitgineer wrote:

All best, always,
Steve

Steeve,

Thank you in advance.

Hi fitgineer,

The skin, muscle and fat pads of the face are literally hanging from the cheekbone at one end and meshed together in the perioral area. There's a fan of muscles that pull this mesh of flesh up and out towards the cheekbone, also the fleshy area of the cheeks is meshed with the buccinator muscle that pulls the cheek inward towards the bone structure.

In other words the malar fat pads are not separable from the rest of the cheek flesh.

When the cheek muscles slacken the flesh begins to descend and eventually dangle, malar pads and all. Tightening the facial muscles will pull the whole area up and outward and reverse the descent of the malar pads.

The Ageless programme centres on exactly this issue, which is responsible for the most dramatic changes in the face with age, jowls, sag, lack of upper cheek volume. Yes it's ideally suited to your issue and yes it's only 5 minutes. If you're not interested in crows feet or puffy lips or a long neck it's actually 5 minutes twice per week.

Hope this helps,

Louise

Louise,

I really appreciate your prompt reply and honesty with this. I've been admiring your photos and I do look forward to trying your program. As the engineer type that I am, I track everything I do when it comes to nutrition and exercise so I can pin point changes and know how to continue making progress. I do plan on doing the same with my face exercise routine. If anything goes wrong, does Ageless if You Dare provide support to customers who send progress photos pin pointing at things that may have gone in the direction they did not wish to go, such as modified exercises or suggestions on what exercises to do less of?

Thank you so much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:

Tiny Smile

Thanks for the customer service thumbs up, it's what I'm for!

30 day is designed to speed your progress along. 1)If you're a beginner it provides a kick start so that you see quite marked results very quickly.

2)If you're wanting to step up your training in a controlled way for a few weeks.

3)If you're wanting to look your best on a certain date

It's a much heavier workload than the usual programme. There's a schedule of exercise and massage every day instead of 4 times per week, which will take its toll on your looks short term. As the weeks go on though the emphasis shifts towards techniques that lift the face immediately and allows the muscles time to recover from the heavy work and look its best.

The regular Ageless programme is the best way to lift your face without looking tired at any point. It fits into your normal lifestyle much more easily.

Thanks Steve,

I am sure others will need that information too!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |