Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
flavapor

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking forward to purchasing this program, I wish I knew about it when it was ten bucks! Anyway 40 bucks is still a small price to pay for eternal youth. My long term goal is to be mistaken for my daughters sister not mother Laughing

I contacted the ageless site to find out about the download because my computer is just about to croak, and I dont want to waste money on a program I cant get to! They said I could keep it on my computer or print it and as for the dvd I could watch it on the computer or make a disk and use it on my tv.

My question to all of you who may have done this, if I buy the program now at the special rate, how would I be able to burn a copy of the dvd to watch on my tv? I dont have a burner in my current computer and dont anticipate getting a new computer for a few months? Heck, I am so computer illiterate I dont even know how I will get it from the old computer to my new one. A friend said if I get the email downloads and open the email at her house she could burn the disc for me, but then would that mean I couldnt put it on my computer? Anyone who knows, that would be great cause the book and dvd download for 45 bucks is a good deal and I want to take advantage of it.

Also, what has happened to LouLou? I havent seen her post since the beginning of this thread.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
She did pop back to announce the launch of her hotspots stuff, but didn't stay around and didn't explain why she vanished in any great detail. I do think her program is good, but the way that customers were treated in the past I think is terrible.
flavapor wrote:
Also, what has happened to LouLou? I havent seen her post since the beginning of this thread.
flavapor

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:22 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
She did pop back to announce the launch of her hotspots stuff, but didn't stay around and didn't explain why she vanished in any great detail. I do think her program is good, but the way that customers were treated in the past I think is terrible.
flavapor wrote:

Oh, Thanks for explaining that.
I noticed on one of her you tube video's that she looks like she is struggling with a nervous disorder of some sort. Maybe her health is not good.

On another note, what is the average timeframe that results are seen if the program is done religiously, should I expect to see any changes in 30 days? I am not a road map, but I do have the laugh lines, and just starting to get the damn marionette lines. Fifty sucks!
riverdance
5% products discount

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading on the internet alot about the problems w/facial exercising! They say all the pulling, contorting and stretching of the face causes more wrinkles! And can even make marionette lines look much worse! Does anyone know if this is true?? I need help w/my marionette lines and don't need to make them worse than they already are Laughing somebody help me with this creases please! I'm too young for these Sad
silver73
5% products discount

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

I have just purchased the book and DVD. I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to avoid the uglies when doing this program?

Many thanks

S
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I don’t know if it is a nervous disorder, but it could just be nerves but its never been mentioned by her directly or anyone else so it does make me wonder at times.

I’m not sure there is an “average” time frame, but I would think like most programs you should get results within 2 weeks as a taster of them, but they are continuous and so you get more each time you do them.

Hey Fifty doesn't suck, I'm in my 60's and I'm starting to think life begins at 60 ha ha
flavapor wrote:
Oh, Thanks for explaining that.
I noticed on one of her you tube video's that she looks like she is struggling with a nervous disorder of some sort. Maybe her health is not good.

On another note, what is the average timeframe that results are seen if the program is done religiously, should I expect to see any changes in 30 days? I am not a road map, but I do have the laugh lines, and just starting to get the damn marionette lines. Fifty sucks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I would say follow the program as Lou describes it and take photos and observe how your face responds. I don't think Ageless gives you uglies to the same extent at other programs, but its always possible to overdo things, if you don't follow instructions.
silver73 wrote:
Hi Everyone

I have just purchased the book and DVD. I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to avoid the uglies when doing this program?

Many thanks

S
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Riverdance

There are lots of scary horror stories out there, but at the same time there are just the opposite. I would say if you are that scared, don’t do them, just wait till your face worsens and then you will be more motivated to do them. I started them late, in my 50’s and I wish I had done them much sooner but I have read horror stories. Its interesting to me when I began the internet wasn’t what it is today, and I am sure if it had been I wouldn’t have done them. I do know if it wasn’t for being aggressive with my face then I wouldn’t be getting the results and improvements I have seen.
riverdance wrote:
I've been reading on the internet alot about the problems w/facial exercising! They say all the pulling, contorting and stretching of the face causes more wrinkles! And can even make marionette lines look much worse! Does anyone know if this is true?? I need help w/my marionette lines and don't need to make them worse than they already are Laughing somebody help me with this creases please! I'm too young for these Sad
flavapor

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
ok you guys are inspiring me, gonna get the program and see what happens.

I can honestly say I have spent 45 bucks on way worse stuff in my lifetime!
thinkpeace
5% products discount

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I too, am new to the program.

I've got the dvd and the book and in the short month and a half I've been doing these exercises, I KNOW I see an improvement in my face. The mouth area especially.

The facial massages suggested by Lou Lou feel soooo good!

Lots of good advice to be found here Smile
jasminerose

Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 am      Reply with quote
riverdance..

everyones skin is different...in tradional medcine/skin care from india..everyone is classified into 3 dosas..vata, pitta and kapha (most people have a predominant dosa with some characteristics of another dosa as well)...vata has the thinnest, driest most easily wrinkled skin... kapha has the thickest most naturally lubricated skin...obviously what will work well for a kapha type skin..or even a pitta type skin will not work for a vata type skin..no matter what these other dosa type people will tell you.

so yes, especially if one is vata (and as we age we all become a liitle more vata..as aging itself can be classified as vata) it definetely is possible to get more wrinkes by doing facial exercises..and, no, they do not necessarily go away as you rebuild your muscle...although almost everyne will tell you that they will...so the trick, imo, is not to give up facial exercise but to adapt them to your own skin type.

i def got cheek wrinkles on my previously unwrinkled cheeks frm doing ageless..i began doing ageless at age 64....and no..they didn't come from anything else i was doing..and no, they did not go away as my cheek muscles built up..which they def have...and i could tell from the beginning..i could see those wrinkles were going to be permanent....

at the time i decided that i would prefer the wrinkles to having my face sag...and i still feel the same way....after about 6 months i really started getting compliments about how i looked..so built up cheek muscls really trump wrinkles in others eye is my experience....and imo one can still be beautiful with some wrinkles but facial sag is anther issue entirely.

also..it was suggested to me at the time..not by lou lou..who i love..but who gave me the facial exerciser's 'party line' that the wrinkles would go away as my muscles got stronger and the skin laid over them better...but from another ageless exerciser on the ageless forum..she held her skin taut with one hand..wherever she was exercising at the moment..and used her other hand to pinch the skin...i now use this technique with massage as well as facial exercising...it stops the skin from creasing while yu do the exercises

hope this info helps..i really can't respond to any questions though or possible pm's since we are leaving for india ina few days and i am sooo busy ...but i did read this thread to relax a little..and i felt i needed to give you some info you ight not get from anyone else on this thread that might be helpful.
silver73
5% products discount

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your replies. I have started the 30 day routine but now wondering if that is the correct one to start as a beginner?

Also, what time of day do you do the exercises? I do mine in the evening before bed and wake up with my eyes quite puffy but it soon settles down. I was wondering if it would be better to do them in the morning...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I think the 30 day is the Hotspots program that you are supposed to do after you have done main program for a short while, but could be wrong.

I've got fair irish skin, so get blotchy and red and so do mine at night, but I don't think it matters what time as long as you do them.
silver73 wrote:
Thanks so much for your replies. I have started the 30 day routine but now wondering if that is the correct one to start as a beginner?

Also, what time of day do you do the exercises? I do mine in the evening before bed and wake up with my eyes quite puffy but it soon settles down. I was wondering if it would be better to do them in the morning...
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 am      Reply with quote
The 30 day program is not Hotspots. In order to do the 30-day, you need to have the Ageless routine. The 30-day does not describe or show you the exercises - you should already have them.

I thought a couple of times about posting this, and have decided to. Please understand I am not taking any one particular person to task - this is the last time I will mention it.

Why do you suppose LouLou avoids coming to this forum? Do you think it might be people openly speculating on her looks, stating that she must have some kind of nervous disorder? I had to bite my fingers when I read that to avoid saying someone cruel, that I might regret.

There are enough challenges to being a woman - let's not try to drag other women down. I realize that there were issues before with LouLou - that was before. IT'S OVER. Is there some reason why we can't move on from that? It's thoroughly discussed in this thread - can't we leave it in the past?

Again, I am so grateful to this woman. I don't care about the past. I care about my cheeks! LOL

5% products discount

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi I bought the book and dvd and got a document about the 30 day program with them. Sorry not sure what I should be doing. I am on day 5 today of the 30 day program. I just write down the exercises I am meant to do and then watch the DVD on how to do them....

Should I do 20 reps of all the exercises in the DVD (apart from the occasional ones) every other day?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
If you've only just started with Ageless, I would follow the normal program - which splits the routine into two days. You are meant to do them twice a week - i.e. Day one on Monday, Day two on Tuesday, Wednesday off, Day one on Thursday, Day two on Friday. I started off that way but now do the full routine, both days, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

I don't think you should jump into the 30 day until you have at least a couple of months of the regular routine under your belt, or in this case, under your cheeks! LOL

5% products discount

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much. Is there anything that can be done to prevent wrinkles appearinge under the eyes or on the cheeks? Unfotunately, I did not understand what Jasminerose meant in her post.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't understand what jasminerose meant either, as most of the exercise are done using both hands. I suppose you could work one side of the face at a time, but I wouldn't do it, I want to keep balance and it seems like that would be counterproductive.

I have some wrinkles that fanned out as my cheeks were lifting, then smoothed out entirely. I still have creases when I smile, but in repose I have no lines, just a smooth contour.

If you're still very worried about it, I suggest that you buy some cotton gloves (the dollar store has them!) and use moisturiser before you do your routine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata

When you are selling anything to the public, especially when it comes around antiaging you do open yourself up to other peoples viewpoints about how you look and how your face moves and that’s an important part of consideration for some of us. Myself included. Its not that anyone has any issue if she did have any kind of nervous disorder (sorry but got to say that as you are making it sound like people are labelling her negatively for this)…. all people are worried about is if they do the exercises, could this perhaps contribute to them looking the same. I think that’s a fair enough question, and its an important one when considering any program. I do like Loulou’s program, and have recommended it to several people, and like you in the early days was a HUGE SUPPORTER of her and her stuff. I don’t think that people are dragging her down, by sharing their viewpoints, and everyone is entitled to them after all when considering purchasing a product like this aren’t they?

Tessie

Immacolata wrote:
The 30 day program is not Hotspots. In order to do the 30-day, you need to have the Ageless routine. The 30-day does not describe or show you the exercises - you should already have them.

I thought a couple of times about posting this, and have decided to. Please understand I am not taking any one particular person to task - this is the last time I will mention it.

Why do you suppose LouLou avoids coming to this forum? Do you think it might be people openly speculating on her looks, stating that she must have some kind of nervous disorder? I had to bite my fingers when I read that to avoid saying someone cruel, that I might regret.

There are enough challenges to being a woman - let's not try to drag other women down. I realize that there were issues before with LouLou - that was before. IT'S OVER. Is there some reason why we can't move on from that? It's thoroughly discussed in this thread - can't we leave it in the past?

Again, I am so grateful to this woman. I don't care about the past. I care about my cheeks! LOL
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:45 am      Reply with quote
We'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think it's acceptable - I think it's exceedingly rude and tasteless, and reflects more on the person making the observation than it does on anyone else.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Like I said before though, if you are selling a product to the public I’m sorry but people will make such criticisms and voice their opinions. Whilst I don’t agree with whats being said, I can understand and appreciate where people are coming from, but I don’t think its fair to label anyone who has an opinion as being “exceedingly rude and tastless”. So we will definitely disagree there. We’re all adults at the end of the day and we have a right to consider all the facts and presentation after all. The same is true for every program out there and EDS hasn’t just done this with Loulou. Carole Maggio was discussed a little while ago. Its just something that goes with the territory and rightly so.
Immacolata wrote:
We'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think it's acceptable - I think it's exceedingly rude and tasteless, and reflects more on the person making the observation than it does on anyone else.
riverdance
5% products discount

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Okay....you've convinced me to try the facial exercises TheresaMary! Thank you! I just hope I see an improvement in my marionette lines soon...I'm utterly depressed about them and don't even want to go out in public! I know it sounds crazy but I feel like people are staring at them Rolling Eyes Anyway, I like Tom's H's program but I think it's more designed for men. I sent him an email and he referred me to Carolyn's FF program. He said her program was geared more towards women and the build one can achieve from her program was softer, more feminine. I certainly appreciate his honesty and great customer service! As I do Carolyn's! I've sent her a couple of emails and she got back to me within an hour!! I've sent several to Carole Maggio and LouLou and have yet to hear back! That speaks volumes, don't you think? Have you tried Carolyn's program? Has anyone out here? What did you think and what were your results?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Tom is excellent, and he’s got an almost English dry sense of humour which I love about him and also that he still mans his forum personally.
Carole Maggio has a day spa that she runs as well as teaching but I seem to recall she does respond within 7 days. Don’t forget when you are as successful as her you get inundated with emails from hundreds if not thousands of people so it takes time to personally respond to them all. Re Loulou, I think you are better off asking her colleague Steve. I don’t think it speaks volumes as such, but if yu feel drawn to Carolyn’s program go for it. I’ve got that, and it is a nice program that incorporates massage and resistance exercises.
riverdance wrote:
Okay....you've convinced me to try the facial exercises TheresaMary! Thank you! I just hope I see an improvement in my marionette lines soon...I'm utterly depressed about them and don't even want to go out in public! I know it sounds crazy but I feel like people are staring at them Rolling Eyes Anyway, I like Tom's H's program but I think it's more designed for men. I sent him an email and he referred me to Carolyn's FF program. He said her program was geared more towards women and the build one can achieve from her program was softer, more feminine. I certainly appreciate his honesty and great customer service! As I do Carolyn's! I've sent her a couple of emails and she got back to me within an hour!! I've sent several to Carole Maggio and LouLou and have yet to hear back! That speaks volumes, don't you think? Have you tried Carolyn's program? Has anyone out here? What did you think and what were your results?
silver73
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing these exercises for less than a week but do believe I can see an improvement. Has anyone had this too?

I spoke to Loulou last week. She called me back as I had a query. She was lovely on the phone and very helpful.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 am      Reply with quote
You will see an improvement right away - more of a matter of your face "resting" in a different way - don't know how else to put that. You will "hold" your face differently. Does that make sense? Hope so, because I have no idea how to explain it if it doesn't! LOL

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |