Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
younggma
5% products discount

Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious - does anyone know how old Loulou is? She looks fantastic - I can only hope to improve half as much as she did with facial exercises:!:
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
younggma wrote:
I'm curious - does anyone know how old Loulou is? She looks fantastic - I can only hope to improve half as much as she did with facial exercises:!:

I would say pretty Loulou is going to be 46 this Dec Shock Now 46 is young, but let's face it, her face ROCKS and she hardly looks 30 Very Happy Lou shoot me if I am wrong, I am figuring your age from your birthday on an avatar on another forum. And you look even younger now than when that picture was taken several years ago. GO GIRL GO!!!!!! Dancing
Toby
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
younggma wrote:

I would say pretty Loulou is going to be 46 this Dec Shock Now 46 is young, but let's face it, her face ROCKS and she hardly looks 30 Very Happy Lou shoot me if I am wrong, I am figuring your age from your birthday on an avatar on another forum. And you look even younger now than when that picture was taken several years ago. GO GIRL GO!!!!!! Dancing
Toby

I agree, the videos are SO helpful, and she looks very young and vibrant. Hopefully we can all regain (or keep, indefinitely) that youthful radiance. I just want to look my age again... a well-rested version of my age. *keeping fingers crossed*

Does anyone with some technological savvy know how those videos could be saved on a hard drive and put on dvd? I'd love to be able to watch them without going to the computer.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh my!!! After reading through this thread I will definitely be purchasing this program. Sounds to me like it will address my concerns perfectly (NL folds, marionette lines, loss of cheek volume) My biggest concern was the amount of time/difficulty involved with the exercises...I was reading on the Facial Flex stuff, but it seemed so involved, confusing and time consuming. I have a hard time exercising my body, let alone my face!! ha ha....but I am hopeful I can get my face back up where it belongs. With all this stuff I am getting (AA Lightstim, Ageless, the L2K system...) I am going to be one hot mama in the coming year!!! Laughing Now all I need is a tummy tuck...... Wink lol!!!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
LouLou - A quick question for you! I am 44 and probably about 10 years ago, I started noticing crinkles (I prefer that term over 'wrinkles' - sounds almost endearing!) right between my eyes. I guess the area is called the bridge of my nose? Anyway, they are horizontal lines and are not the vertical '11's' that so many people mention (those are a bit above where I am describing).
Which of your exercises would improve that area? Do you have any recommendations otherwise to improve that area? I find myself trying to stretch out the lines by raising my eyebrows but then that move causes lines on my forehead. Can't win! Thanks for any ideas that you have!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
bethany - Thanks for the info on how to download the book - I never would have figured it out myself. Any instructions as to how to view the video?
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
younggma wrote:

Toby

My son saw her pics, and he thought she looked his age! He is 28!
Isn't she beautiful?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
LouLou - A quick question for you! I am 44 and probably about 10 years ago, I started noticing crinkles (I prefer that term over 'wrinkles' - sounds almost endearing!) right between my eyes. I guess the area is called the bridge of my nose? Anyway, they are horizontal lines and are not the vertical '11's' that so many people mention (those are a bit above where I am describing).
Which of your exercises would improve that area? Do you have any recommendations otherwise to improve that area? I find myself trying to stretch out the lines by raising my eyebrows but then that move causes lines on my forehead. Can't win! Thanks for any ideas that you have!

Bren, my derm calls those "Bunny Lines" though I have no idea why.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa, thinking about your horizontal lines, would you happen to have allergies?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh good question, RileyGirl! I don't have allergies but I know from my son's allergies that allergic people tend to scrunch up their nose alot, don't they? I never thought about that causing crinkles. But alas, I don't know what caused mine. I always just assumed it was sun damage. I hear so many people talk about their '11's" but mine are more of an equal sign (=)!!!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Oh good question, RileyGirl! I don't have allergies but I know from my son's allergies that allergic people tend to scrunch up their nose alot, don't they? I never thought about that causing crinkles. But alas, I don't know what caused mine. I always just assumed it was sun damage. I hear so many people talk about their '11's" but mine are more of an equal sign (=)!!!

I'm getting these too!! Aggghhhh

And I also have the 11's and parentheses around my mouth. I was looking at a photo of myself from this March, and my NL lines are considerably deeper now than they were just 9 months ago. I'm guessing this quick decline is due to near-constant inflammation from all the chronic, recurring rosacea flare-ups, which started in January of this year. That finally seems to be under control for the most part (knocking on wood that it stays that way).

I'm hoping these exercises (combined with dermarolling, and 302 skin care products) will help to undo some of the damage by next summer, when I'll be seeing some family members I haven't seen for a few years. I'm fine with looking my age, but I definitely don't want to be looking 5 to 10 years older Neutral

Loulou is certainly an inspiration; she looks fabulous Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

Laughing Yep, that is why I asked. My son had those lines you are talking about (he is 20). My doc called them the "allergic salute" lines! I think I would rather have the = sign, than the 11's I have!
betsyaida
5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:00 am      Reply with quote
I have those darn = sings too between my eyes. I would like to know what is recomended for these.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrow.....I can totally sympathize with the sudden onset of the NL's!!!! I am 37, ok, technically 38 on Sunday!! ha ha.....but, my NL's seemed to appear out of nowhere this past year! It was like I aged 10+ years in just a few short weeks. My diet has not been the greatest over my life time, nor has my skincare regime. I spent the last 4 years in school and being in medical you have clinical rotations with the addition of school work, add to that a job...I was gone 7 days a week, putting in 80-90 hours working/clinical/class...you really don't have time to eat much of anything and when you do, it is usually fast and unhealthy.
I am certain my diet has contributed to my decline, my lack of skincare, stress of divorce, as well as smoking like a stack due to said stress. I took one look at myself this past summer when I was so down in the dumps and was shocked...that's when I decided to do something about it...totally changed my diet, did get one shot of Juvederm in the NL's (which was honestly a life saver for me, turned my "self" attitude around), and started taking better care of my skin with a good regime. While my skin tone, texture and coloring is now out of this world wonderful, I still have the issue of facial sagging and firmness....I also have some light line issues, but it's not too bad at the moment so want to nip those in the bud before it gets too bad. Thank goodness I have nothing going on between the eyes, = 11's etc... nor do I have any crows!! Not sure how I would handle that in addition to what I already have!
Anyway, I plan on purchasing the AA Lightstim LED soon and will be adding this Ageless program as well to the arsenal. I am hoping the exercises in addition to the LED will give me the results I want. I was actually thinking of getting another Juvederm shot in my small marionettes that are forming, but decided to give this a go and see how it does instead. The LED in combination with the Ageless is actually cheaper than one shot too! ha ha....anyway, let me know how these exercises do for your NL's...I will be ordering Ageless on Friday and will be starting them then.....I am hopeful I will have progress to report in a few weeks time. LouLou's face looks absolutely amazing!!! She has given me some hope in all of this....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone here tell me how to download the book? I ordered it last week but had to wait for my internet to get re connected before I could try to download it. In the meantime I was using the work computer. Bad Grin

It says I have access to the download but when I try and click the orange button I only get a blank white screen and nothing comes up on it. I emailed Lou yesterday but have no reply as yet. And I'm now getting very impatient, as I bought it last week and have been waiting for what seems like ages to get my hands on it.

I also have the flex effect, but have had trouble keeping with it due to the time factor involved. Looking forward to this. Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Can anyone here tell me how to download the book? I ordered it last week but had to wait for my internet to get re connected before I could try to download it. In the meantime I was using the work computer. Bad Grin

It says I have access to the download but when I try and click the orange button I only get a blank white screen and nothing comes up on it. I emailed Lou yesterday but have no reply as yet. And I'm now getting very impatient, as I bought it last week and have been waiting for what seems like ages to get my hands on it.

I also have the flex effect, but have had trouble keeping with it due to the time factor involved. Looking forward to this. Very Happy

I got the blank white screen too - so the first time I thought something was wrong and cancelled the download. When I tried again, I still got the white screen so I just left it running and went away and did something else. Some time later I returned to the computer and the download was sitting in my documents folder!

So I suggest to try again, it doesn't appear to be a very user-friendly system.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Well, y'all have done it again. Every time I come here I end up spending $$$ Very Happy

I hope this program lives up to even half the accolades in this thread. I ordered the book because I couldn't see spending time, paper, and ink to print off the pages myself.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
All is going well with "training" - continued perkiness! I'm usually in such a rush in the mornings, trying to get myself and everyone else out the door, I've decided doing the exercises at night is better. I find them stimulating but relaxing at the same time, a workout for my face! One thing I will do - use my cotton gloves, the ones I have to put on after I've slathered heavy-duty lotion on my hands. I think I'll be able to grab my skin better with gloves. Even with an absolutely clean face, no moisturizer on, my skin seems slip out of my grasp.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I also do my facial exercises in the evening. For some exercises I use soft towel, for some oil, and for the others just regular normal skin. It is worth exploring what suits one the best.
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Well, y'all have done it again. Every time I come here I end up spending $$$ Very Happy

I hope this program lives up to even half the accolades in this thread. I ordered the book because I couldn't see spending time, paper, and ink to print off the pages myself.

Bad Grin I did exactly the same thing. I've been staying away from this forum to save money. Popped in on a whim and here I go again!!! Rolling Eyes The book is very well written but I still have a hard time figuring out how to do the exercises. I hope the video will be helpful but first I have to get her to email it to me. I've contacted her via email but she doesn't respond. Well... holidays and all and trying to keep up with all the new orders from the girls at EDS Cool ...I'm trying to be patient but I so want to get started and be sure I'm doing it correctly!!! Her pics are very motivational!!!!
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi lilredhead it must be the holidays as I have contacted her a couple of times also, am sure she will get round to us Razz
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
I have those darn = sings too between my eyes. I would like to know what is recomended for these.

Hey Betsyaida, I meant to include this in my last post -

I *think* (and Loulou, or someone, can correct me if I'm mistaken) that strengthening the brow and forehead muscles (listed in the "occasional extras") will help to lift this area, so the skin doesn't wrinkle and form a permanent line. Also, holding some tension in the scalp will lift the area and smooth that out too, and Loulou says that exercising "the brow, the temple and especially the cheeks" will enable you to pull that skin back (your scalp, that is) and that will give an overall lift, including the bridge of the nose.

I'm such a slug, I've read all the material but I haven't started yet. I just did a fairly intense dermarolling session last night, so as soon as my skin can be handled, I'm going to get off my arse and get started Laughing
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
oh my Embarassed I didn't read this whole thread and impulsively went online and ordered the book. I couldn't understand why everyone was downloading it, instead of getting the paperback....so I filled out the order form and quickly hit the "purchase now" button (or was it "buy now?") and THEN
saw the shipping charge was more than the book!!.
SHEEEEEESH~ Mad

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Lowbrow.....I can totally sympathize with the sudden onset of the NL's!!!! I am 37, ok, technically 38 on Sunday!! ha ha.....but, my NL's seemed to appear out of nowhere this past year! It was like I aged 10+ years in just a few short weeks. My diet has not been the greatest over my life time, nor has my skincare regime. I spent the last 4 years in school and being in medical you have clinical rotations with the addition of school work, add to that a job...I was gone 7 days a week, putting in 80-90 hours working/clinical/class...you really don't have time to eat much of anything and when you do, it is usually fast and unhealthy.
I am certain my diet has contributed to my decline, my lack of skincare, stress of divorce, as well as smoking like a stack due to said stress. I took one look at myself this past summer when I was so down in the dumps and was shocked...that's when I decided to do something about it...totally changed my diet, did get one shot of Juvederm in the NL's (which was honestly a life saver for me, turned my "self" attitude around), and started taking better care of my skin with a good regime. While my skin tone, texture and coloring is now out of this world wonderful, I still have the issue of facial sagging and firmness....I also have some light line issues, but it's not too bad at the moment so want to nip those in the bud before it gets too bad. Thank goodness I have nothing going on between the eyes, = 11's etc... nor do I have any crows!! Not sure how I would handle that in addition to what I already have!
Anyway, I plan on purchasing the AA Lightstim LED soon and will be adding this Ageless program as well to the arsenal. I am hoping the exercises in addition to the LED will give me the results I want. I was actually thinking of getting another Juvederm shot in my small marionettes that are forming, but decided to give this a go and see how it does instead. The LED in combination with the Ageless is actually cheaper than one shot too! ha ha....anyway, let me know how these exercises do for your NL's...I will be ordering Ageless on Friday and will be starting them then.....I am hopeful I will have progress to report in a few weeks time. LouLou's face looks absolutely amazing!!! She has given me some hope in all of this....

Bren, doesn't it suck when you're just going along your merry way and all of a sudden one day - whoa, deep lines! I feel exactly the same way, it's like I've aged a full decade or so.

I totally concur that the constant stress and less-than-optimum nutrition has played a big part in what's going on with your skin. I can't financially justify the cost of fillers, but I've been seriously considering them as well. Now that you're being proactive about your health, with any luck, you'll never have to worry about the dreaded 11's (etc) at all. I'm interested in getting an LED as well, as soon as I can decide which company to go with (most likely Prolight or Lightstim), and what wavelengths would benefit me most.

And anyway, I'm VERY excited about the results people are getting with Ageless... I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic Smile haha. I don't expect to come out of this looking like Loulou, but any improvement will be welcome at this point!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

Mishey, try going back to the download page, and before you click the orange button, press (and continue holding) your "ctrl" and "alt" keys. After a short while a window will open, asking you to save or open the file. Choose to save it, pick a location you'll remember and change the file name to something you'll recognize and click "save".

Let us know if this works for you!

Hopefully this will help some of the others, too, having the same or similar problems.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |