Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Deborah An wrote:
Hello! I am new here!
I am from the Netherlands and bought ageless after reading a lot about face exercise and I believe in it. This seem for me the most suitable program because its not a lot time consuming.
I am 38, I always hear I look younger about near 30, so thats nice but I see always faults haha like louise said here above. I lost some fat since my 20's on the cheecks. I have a a small face and have a little hole at the place of the risorius. Is it better to leave the crush exercise out?
I also have a sharp jawline already and would like it less sharp
Laughing

Any advice before I start the program?
I hope to build up the cheeck to compensate the fat loss.

Thanx! Nice greetings from Holland
(sorry my English is not perfect)

Deborah An, your English is lovely! Nice greetings is a great phrase; I'm going to use it Cool

Yes, leave the Crush exercise out if you don't want to sculpt your face. The Day 1 exercises will bring the youthful shape back to your face. A lot of what seems to be volume loss is actually volume redistribution, and you can get the meat back on your cheeks by lifting it from where it's settled. And of course working the cheeks with resistance will increase the thickness and density of the muscles.

Ageless will tighten your jaw, but from the sounds of it your jaw can't really get any tighter. The exercises will lift the bulk from the bottom of your face, and that makes the area look smoother and more balanced.

Bon voyage!
Loulou Very Happy Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanx Loulou!

Quote:
A lot of what seems to be volume loss is actually volume redistribution, and you can get the meat back on your cheeks by lifting it from where it's settled.

Oh I really dont see where my facial fat in the cheecks went because its not in my jaw or neck
Very Happy

I have another question. I dont know how to really explain, but its about the frown area. I dont have really visible lines there but the skin seems loose there and it less quality skin than te rest of my face, its if it is not attached to the muscle. The skin is also thin there. Would it help to grasp it and tug it a lot, the way you describe in the massage part of the book?

I also read of the splash of cold water in the book.

Quote:
It is known that people who spend significant time in cold water retain more body fat than average as they get older, presumably because the body lays down a layer of fat to insulate itself from the cold. Olympic swimmers are a different shape from Olympic track and field athletes or other sports competitors. They have the same muscularity, but the lines of the body are sleeker and the shapes of the muscles is less pronounced: body fat.
For the face this would be fantastic, as fat in the face looks youthful and pretty. It’s worth making the face cold a couple of times a day to give the facial fat something to think about.

It reminds me I read about skin icing.I wanted to post a link but I cant because I am new. But The Healthy Home Economist has an article about it.
Bauble

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Deborah An,

Thank you for the icing information. I tried it out this morning and my face looked instantly refreshed and firmer, will definately continue doing this.

I am not in a position to advise regarding massaging your face but I know for sure it has helped to thicken the skin on mine. The skin on my neck felt thin and as you described, not attached to muscle but with tough love it has improved. Still very much a work in progress but it has done no harm only good.

All the best,

Bauble

Deborah An wrote:
Thanx Loulou!

Quote:
A lot of what seems to be volume loss is actually volume redistribution, and you can get the meat back on your cheeks by lifting it from where it's settled.

Oh I really dont see where my facial fat in the cheecks went because its not in my jaw or neck
Very Happy

I have another question. I dont know how to really explain, but its about the frown area. I dont have really visible lines there but the skin seems loose there and it less quality skin than te rest of my face, its if it is not attached to the muscle. The skin is also thin there. Would it help to grasp it and tug it a lot, the way you describe in the massage part of the book?

I also read of the splash of cold water in the book.

Quote:
It is known that people who spend significant time in cold water retain more body fat than average as they get older, presumably because the body lays down a layer of fat to insulate itself from the cold. Olympic swimmers are a different shape from Olympic track and field athletes or other sports competitors. They have the same muscularity, but the lines of the body are sleeker and the shapes of the muscles is less pronounced: body fat.
For the face this would be fantastic, as fat in the face looks youthful and pretty. It’s worth making the face cold a couple of times a day to give the facial fat something to think about.

It reminds me I read about skin icing.I wanted to post a link but I cant because I am new. But The Healthy Home Economist has an article about it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:02 am      Reply with quote
This is the article Deborah refers to if anyone is interested!

http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/skin-icing-natural-anti-aging-skin-technique/

Deborah An wrote:
5% products discount

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:30 am      Reply with quote
S exy Beast.

How?

How the heck are you supposed to get in the groove for this move? I just can't seem to do it Confused
Bauble

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:26 am      Reply with quote
80085 wrote:
S exy Beast.

How?

How the heck are you supposed to get in the groove for this move? I just can't seem to do it Confused

Sxy is a tricky beast but it pays to be persistent.

Try using a cloth or tissue to help grab the flesh. I use hooked index fingers either side of the mouth, on the bows and then utilise thumbs to gather as much flesh as i’m able. Once grabbed, yank the flesh forward to stop it slipping away and then start snarling.

Using tissue is the key to the groove, I found.
5% products discount

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes, thats exactly it as keeping traction with the grip is nigh on impossible and thus prevents full muscular activation.
Will try your method and see how it goes, thanks.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Deborah an and bauble,

Bauble, thank you so much for your advice to Deborah An, I love that you went to the trouble of posting your experience and I'm glad the tough love approach is repaying your bravery!

The forehead skin is very much stuck to the muscle, which is why flattening the muscle with Botox is so effective. You can either do that or improve the condition of the muscle so that it snaps back into its resting state properly, so that it lies flat and holds the skin taut.

Forehead exercise yields results only after a long period of increased puckering while the muscles adapt to the extra scrunching entailed. You can bypass the side effects to a large extent by breaking down the muscle without making the expression. This means vigorous physical work on the area, which will benefit skin and muscle provided you allow a week for the new muscle to build Cool

All best wishes, loulou 😊

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Deborah an and bauble,

Bauble, thank you so much for your advice to Deborah An, I love that you went to the trouble of posting your experience and I'm glad the tough love approach is repaying your bravery!

Deborah An, the forehead skin is very much stuck to the muscle, which is why flattening the muscle with Botox is so effective. You can either do that or improve the condition of the muscle so that it snaps back into its resting state properly, so that it lies flat and holds the skin taut.

Forehead exercise yields results only after a long period of increased puckering while the muscles adapt to the extra scrunching entailed. You can bypass the side effects to a large extent by breaking down the muscle without making the expression. This means vigorous physical work on the area, which will benefit skin and muscle provided you allow a week for the new tissues to build Cool

All best wishes, loulou 😊

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am a new member.
Have been interested in facial exercises for years.
Last week I ordered the Easy Ten package from the Ageless website.
However, I received only 3 downloads (out of 5):
1. Easy Ten e-book
2. Lulu Massage e-book
3. Massage DVD download

I was hoping to receive a DVD download for the facial exercises, since a book is never enough. So is there a DVD with the exercises? and what does this whole package include?
Tried to contact Steve a few times, but no reply from him yet.

Thanks!!
BellesBeautyShop
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I see that the program has been updated since I purchased it, but mine did come with a downloadable dvd of LouLou demonstrating each exercise. It took most of the guesswork out of finger positioning, facial movements, etc. and really helped me learn to do the exercises correctly. Keep emailing Steve - I am sure you will receive one.
Aben

Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BBS,

Last night I finally received my DVD download. I kept sending them e mails, and I am glad that it's finally here.

Thanks!!!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aben, so sorry you've had to wait for your DVD download. I hope the programme goes great for you xx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

The Ageless body massage package is finally up on the site.

It is a realtime 15minute bodywork session, plus two brief videos showing general techniques

Thanks for reading 😎

LL

5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Lou lou I can't praise this body program enough. It has made a huge difference to my body, just as Ageless transformed my face, only much quicker, within days.
😁
Lenny cant
5% products discount

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm another one very happy. I knew the body program would work because the massage did my face and neck amazing, and sure enough it does work, so thought I would report back and say so. Lou's stuff has transformed me. There's no part of me that I feel down about. It's all either getting better or it's better Love you loulou!
Lenny Cool Cool Cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I can't find loulou's facial exercises from the link. Can someone send me the link that I can download it? I accidentally saw this and I want to try out.
Thanks

mpstat wrote:
This is a thread for discussion of Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

The discussion of the exercises started on Do you do Facial Exercises? thread
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
havana8

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
azumma wrote:
I can't find loulou's facial exercises from the link. Can someone send me the link that I can download it? I accidentally saw this and I want to try out.
Thanks

mpstat wrote:
This is a thread for discussion of Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

The links referenced in your post are from 2008. However, here is the link to the "Ageless If You Dare" website:www.Agelessifyoudare.org Smile
Burgess

Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I am new to the forum but not new to facial exercise.
I have been doing Lou's routine for 18 months now and I was wondering is there anyway to make the 4 cheek exercises more challenging? I do hold very firmly onto my face but not too firm that I cannot feel my fingertips move with the muscle if this makes sense. I am up to a 100 reps for each of the 4 different positions. I am going for the chipmunk look

Laughing
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi burgess;

The exercises have built in resistance that you can increase depending on how tightly you hold the flesh when you work the muscle. If you aren't needing a strong pull from the muscle you're working you can grab a larger chunk of flesh and squeeze it harder. There should be no limits on the level of resistance you apply

Loulou 😎😘

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile
havana8 wrote:
azumma wrote:
Thanks

mpstat wrote:

The links referenced in your post are from 2008. However, here is the link to the "Ageless If You Dare" website:www.Agelessifyoudare.org Smile
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Burgess

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi burgess;

The exercises have built in resistance that you can increase depending on how tightly you hold the flesh when you work the muscle. If you aren't needing a strong pull from the muscle you're working you can grab a larger chunk of flesh and squeeze it harder. There should be no limits on the level of resistance you apply

Loulou 😎😘

Thanks

What you are saying is I can grab a larger chunk of flesh, squeeze harder and pull the chunk of skin away from my face to increase the resistance?
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi burgess 😎
That's exactly what I'm saying; to lift and beautify the face, pressing the flesh by squeezing gives a more powerful resistance than pulling it away, however. If you really grab a big chunk and press, you'll find it much harder to move the muscles, which means working them harder and making them lift the face as they recover.

Pulling the muscle/skin bonded tissue will improve its health though, but that's more to do with condition than lift... More in line with using topicals and lasers.

😊Louise 😎💃🏽

5% products discount

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Dear LULU

I just sent you a PM:) I am now ready for my DVD to go with my books, please! THANK YOU!!!
Aam24
5% products discount

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Loulou,
That was very informative!! I've been pulling out rather than firmly pressing for resistance. Maybe that's why I feel I've plateaued. Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |