Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Louise Annette
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Can anyone suggest what can be done for the asymmetrical eyebrows? My right eyebrow sits lower( especially the central and temporal parts), making an impression it sits on the top of my upper lid.

Hi lilchik

The Wish exercise will thicken and lift the big circular muscle that surrounds the eye. The upper part drops at the same time and in a similar way as the lower area drops into a bag. It covers a large area and extends up beyond the eyebrows, so it will make a significant difference over time. You can also make thicken and firm the forehead by kneading and handling it which will improve the condition of the muscle without a period of temporary wrinkles.

Louise 😊

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Are there any that might be able to help with Julie's question on this thread? TIA!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=57700
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hello I have a burning question, if someone knows the answer. I have the 2014 edition download of Ageless if you Dare. I noticed on the website there are 3 downloads available: The Ageless Massage Program, Hotspots Bootcamp, and the Easy ten. Are these in the 2014 edition, or are these new exercises?

Thank you very much.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I believe the Easy 10 are in the book you own but I think the "Hotspots bootcamp" and "Massage" program are not in the book you have. The book you have was developed prior to these two, and so these were developed after the original book publication you have (I bought mine then too!).
Tija wrote:
Hello I have a burning question, if someone knows the answer. I have the 2014 edition download of Ageless if you Dare. I noticed on the website there are 3 downloads available: The Ageless Massage Program, Hotspots Bootcamp, and the Easy ten. Are these in the 2014 edition, or are these new exercises?

Thank you very much.
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou so much TheresaMary! I will get the Bootcamp and massage then. How are you finding them? I just started Ageless about 1 week ago, and I got some crazy good results! it's fantastic. I have been doing Flexeffect for many many years, so I think that that helped!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Well I have done facial exercises for 20 plus years and I find that no one program suited my face so I mix and mast have (but have done so for many years so I know that goes against what most programs teach but that’s just me and it delivers results).

For me I don’t do the ageless massage program (I know this will make me unpopular but ca la vie). I do however do the body massage program (alongside no lips lipo by Carole Maggie). You got to do what is right for you at the end of the day in my opinion!

Very Happy
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I believe you. I still do Flexeffect and also some other type of massage. I also use skin tools Myolift and Connie Stevens time machine.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Sure. I understand program creators have good intentions in their programs, but I've never found one that suits my face entirely. However I did some programs for years on end to the letter without mixing and matching and then I realised that the program creators worked on their own faces (and clients) as a guide and so that is how they developed their programes so it only figures that what works for them may not work for everyone. Even the so called long standing face exercises mix and match and I think that is really a good thing and also each program seems to recreate or remodel itself too and that also is food for thought too. Its not to knock what they do - as they are fantastic, but for me I have to mix and match to get the best results for my own face and thats just what I do as a result, but I did follow the instructions to the letter for years when starting out. I don't think enough people talk about it and thats missing from a lot of programs in my opinion.

I know of Myolift but never heard of Connie Steven's machine. Off to google it now.

Tija wrote:
Yes, I believe you. I still do Flexeffect and also some other type of massage. I also use skin tools Myolift and Connie Stevens time machine.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Hola amigas! I haven't been here in forever.

Over the last year, I've really let myself go. Haven't done anything for the face except use a Clairsonic in the shower and moisturizer. I haven't even worn makeup, hide behind sunglasses and a big hat when I go out.

But now I'm ramping up for the New Year! I have a 120-day makeover planned (which I will document but probably not publish). My 65th birthday is coming up in a few months and I'd like to take a few years off my appearance before then.

I have a NuFace mini that I bought and NEVER USED (I do that all the time. I used to buy diet books and read them while I ate cake and ice cream) but I'm going to start using it. What else? I'm going to start a series of peels again, have some 70% glycolic gel and am going to get some salicylic acid too, to layer.

And of course, I'll be starting with Ageless again! Hi Lou Lou! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa Mary. Out of curiosity which facial exercises do you do that you mix and match?

The Connie Stevens Time machine is really good. It was one of the first facial machines to come out to the public, actually. I think it is better than the Tua Viso.

Regarding Ageless I have a question. Does LouLou come on here, or maybe you know? i have been noticing recently that my chin/jaw and bottom lip are receding. Actually I'm in horror, but I am counting on the fact that that if I stop it, it should revert back, right?? I am wondering which exercise it is. Is it the lip one, where I pinch my bottom lip and try to push it forward, or is it one of the 2 chin exercises. I know these exercises aren't recommended to do all the time, but I am curious which one is receding the chin and lip. Maybe both are ? Thanks so much in advance.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Tija, to be honest I’ve done all the programs at some point so it really isn’t something I can pinpoint specifically, but I have done programs in their entirety at several points for over a year and so I saw what worked for my face and what doesn’t and so that’s why I do the ones I do. However, I also note that many of the program creators do the same thing, they find what works for their face and their programs are as a result of that so I think to some degree that’s quite normal.

Loulou does come here, but you may want to reach out to her directly by PM or email their customer service. I know people tend to forget but a lot of program owners do have a life outside of facial exercises and families etc that need attention. So with your situation, I would really recommend going straight to the source and getting her advice. I’m not sure that any of the exercises should make anything recede but your results are what counts and so going straight to Loulou (or emailing Steve) is a good thing.
Tija wrote:
Hi Theresa Mary. Out of curiosity which facial exercises do you do that you mix and match?

The Connie Stevens Time machine is really good. It was one of the first facial machines to come out to the public, actually. I think it is better than the Tua Viso.

Regarding Ageless I have a question. Does LouLou come on here, or maybe you know? i have been noticing recently that my chin/jaw and bottom lip are receding. Actually I'm in horror, but I am counting on the fact that that if I stop it, it should revert back, right?? I am wondering which exercise it is. Is it the lip one, where I pinch my bottom lip and try to push it forward, or is it one of the 2 chin exercises. I know these exercises aren't recommended to do all the time, but I am curious which one is receding the chin and lip. Maybe both are ? Thanks so much in advance.
Louise Annette
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi tija and Tessie x

The Ageless programme works with the structure of the face with 10 basic muscles. The muscles of the face that lift it and make it more smooth and shapely are trained and most others aren’t included except as occasional exercises to keep them firm. The focus on these areas of the face isn’t there to save time or for any other reason except that it benefits the face most; personally I only ever train the muscles that lift and shape the face, my view is that every face grows more beautiful and youthful by emphasising these muscles, and others, notably those that express negative emotions are best avoided.
As for massage, I think that any love is good love! No need to follow my massage, I’m sure other people’s work just as well. But the exercising of the specific muscles I think is key and crucial.

Hugs all round 🤗🤗
Loulou

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply LouLou. I ended up finding out that doing the last exercises, like 1 rep everyday, beneficial. It actually lifts them. Smile

I have another question. Yesterday I followed you on your video for the Hot Spots. Then in the later evening I did the easy 10. When I woke up this morning, I had a major shock! I looked 20 years older!! My eyes looked so bad and my nasio labial folds were super pronounced. My face also looked saggy. I was tearful. Please tell me this will go away and it's not permanent? I had so much anxiety today. Thank you
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tija,

Not Loulou, but been there, done that and got the t-shirt. You over did it. Thats all.
You did the Hot 10 and then the easy 10 and it was just too much too soon for your face.
Rest up and your face will revert back. Whilst they may be called the "Easy 10" its name is deceptive in that they work your muscles hard. So all you did was try to do an Olympic workout before you had got stamina and strength> It can and does happen easily and you just notice when it does and rest up and things can and will revert back. Done it hundreds of times myself so speaking from personal experience here!

Tija wrote:
Thank you for your reply LouLou. I ended up finding out that doing the last exercises, like 1 rep everyday, beneficial. It actually lifts them. Smile

I have another question. Yesterday I followed you on your video for the Hot Spots. Then in the later evening I did the easy 10. When I woke up this morning, I had a major shock! I looked 20 years older!! My eyes looked so bad and my nasio labial folds were super pronounced. My face also looked saggy. I was tearful. Please tell me this will go away and it's not permanent? I had so much anxiety today. Thank you
Louise Annette
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much Tessie, you’re exactly right. If you’re not looking your best you’ve overdone it, but your hard work won’t be wasted... rest will allow your face to rebuild and show off the results of your hard work.
The Ageless programme does keep the workload small partly because it keeps you looking your best, but doing a lot is also effective if you’re prepared to wait for your face to repair and rejuvenate itself by producing healthy cells to replace the ones you’ve broken down with exercise. Like the body, your face will be stronger and more youthful after a period of rest

All best,
Loulou Dancing Dancing Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both TheresaMary and Loulou for your explanations! I am so glad to hear!!!!! LOL

I was SO scared LOL

It's been 2 days since, and it has eased up, so I believe you! What a relief!

Very Happy Very Happy
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to report that i look really great now! Better and younger than before! Wow, that's crazy. LouLou is a genius!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Louise Annette
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Tija, thanks so much for your lovely feedback. So glad you’re seeing your beautiful face emerge!

Big hug 🤗
Loulou

5% products discount

Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Maybe some of you can explain to me why so many of you get great results with facial excercise, while so many celebrities are using botox to inhibit their facial muscles?

I just know of celebrities using micro-needling A LOT for builduing up collagen, with whatever serums they use with it.
ballerina
5% products discount

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Hmm they say it s microneedling thatsmade a difference because they want to cover up they’ve had surgery.
Nothing in the non surgical procedures lifts your face like this does.

With wrinkles You want to make the muscles smooth out like Botox does it and if you get the muscles healthy they smooth out without being frozen.

This is the best thing short of surgery
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think a lot of celebrities do facial exercises - but they don’t publicly admit it as they would receive harsh criticism because of it!

In my own life - at 50 I hated my wrinkles! I did everything I could to avoid them. One thing though I’m glad I never did was Botox. Friends did and loved it. However now (some twenty plus years later) I really love my own face.

I know many youngsters turn to Botox as it’s marketed as a quick fix but for me it isn’t the only solution and at the end of the day I think we deserve to have choices. So as long as someone isn’t led into thinking their wrinkles aren’t beautiful or that Botox is the only solution then I’m happy.

The thing with Botox is that it needs to be repeated and paralyses the muscle so long term there is still more to come!

radieschen79 wrote:
Maybe some of you can explain to me why so many of you get great results with facial excercise, while so many celebrities are using botox to inhibit their facial muscles?

I just know of celebrities using micro-needling A LOT for builduing up collagen, with whatever serums they use with it.
radieschen79
5% products discount

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ihanks a lot for your replies!

TheresaMary wrote:
I think a lot of celebrities do facial exercises - but they don’t publicly admit it as they would receive harsh criticism because of it!

I don't think so, why would they get harsh criticism for doing facial exercise? On the contrary, they get a lot of criticism for admitting they do micro-needling, like Sandra Bullock did on Ellen. That was really brave of her to admit this publicly, and I'm so grateful for that, it was her that brought me to micro-needling.

I'm not a fan of botox either and didn't do it myself. Maybe some facial exercises are really helpful, I don't know. But oh lord, if I watch some of the videos about facial exercises on youtube, I can only think they will even exacerbate some wrinkles and tear the skin apart if done daily.

I don't know, so far I'm really not convinced.

I will rather stick to micro-needling to build up collagen. I was able to rebuild my sagging jowls and it helped my skin overall so much I can't even list all the benefits I got from simple derma-rolling once a month with 1-1.5mm rollers that cost me about 40 euros over the last 16 months. But of course each to their own!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Why - well partly because its the industry, and some people love to put others down. Hollywood is famous for it, from making comments about their weight, to their frame to their looks. Not to mention there would also be negative feedback about vanity and self obession. Take a look at any magazine and you will often find harsh critical comments about people at their worst. Now I'm a fan of facial exercises always have been and always will be, but I'm also a lot older than you and in today's world that is not easy for any woman.

Some celebrities have mentioned facial exercises though and did receive criticism that was very harsh. I remember seeing an interview with someone who was on a tv show and the interviewer basically hinted that the exercises weren't working for her, and the celebrity really had a quick come back where she said I can see a difference if I don't do them so you will just have to take my word for it. Loulou probably has some celebrity clients but is probably unable to disclose their names too.

I completely understand your fears about facial exercises. However its also worth while pointing out that there are different programs. Just like body exercises, there isn't a one size fits all and the same is true for facial exercises. If microneedling works for you - fantastic. However its not to shame anyone into doing facial exercises because that would be wrong, but if you had a program that delivered results naturally - wouldn't you do it. This thread is about Ageless after all, and its a good program to start out with and there were photos shared in the thread so you may want to revisit the earlier posts and take a look. Even long term veterans like Toby had some great results in her cheeks and she did facial exercises for a long time (I think she's removed those photos and is no longer here but she is a prime example).

radieschen79 wrote:
Ihanks a lot for your replies!
I don't think so, why would they get harsh criticism for doing facial exercise? On the contrary, they get a lot of criticism for admitting they do micro-needling, like Sandra Bullock did on Ellen. That was really brave of her to admit this publicly, and I'm so grateful for that, it was her that brought me to micro-needling.

I'm not a fan of botox either and didn't do it myself. Maybe some facial exercises are really helpful, I don't know. But oh lord, if I watch some of the videos about facial exercises on youtube, I can only think they will even exacerbate some wrinkles and tear the skin apart if done daily.

I don't know, so far I'm really not convinced.

I will rather stick to micro-needling to build up collagen. I was able to rebuild my sagging jowls and it helped my skin overall so much I can't even list all the benefits I got from simple derma-rolling once a month with 1-1.5mm rollers that cost me about 40 euros over the last 16 months. But of course each to their own!
radieschen79
5% products discount

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Dear TheresaMay,

I can't imagining one single reason why anyone would receive harsh criticism because of doing facial exercise? I'm just looking for any mentioning of celebrities doing facial excercises at all? Please, can you link to any of this?

Good lord, I'm really not trying to put anyone down here! It's just that by my own research I just couldn't find any scientific data that would suggest facial exercise works for skin aging. If it works for you, that's really great! I'm really happy for you!

Maybe I'm a bit younger than most of you here are posting on this thread, I don't know? I'm 46 years old and still have a chance of getting collagen get built up again, sun damage repaired etc with micro-needling and the right serums, although I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for older ladies as well than myself.

As I understand it, collagen loss is the major factor in skin aging and I got really good results with simple deep derma-rolling. I was able to rebuild my sagging jowls with micro-needling once a month with 1-1.5mm derma-rollers that cost me about 40 euros over the last 16 months.

Btw, I got a really strange PM from a person called "Nonie" that promoted a site called shapeyourface.com, that you can't have access if you don't pay first. So please don't tell me there is no money involved with facial exercise.

I'm just telling the story what worked for me, if facial exercise works for you, that's great! I just can't find any scientific data, nor any celebrity anecdote about facial exercise that really worked for them!
Miamouse

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I’ve not posted much before so pls forgive me if I’ve replied to a post by mistake - this is meant as a new question. I’ve been doing Ageless If You Dare for nearly 3 years, with great results. But I feel I’ve plateaued. I would like to get a bit more cheek lift and sharper jawline. Has anyone had more results by continuing on with the original 10 after appearing to plateau? Or has anyone in my position tried the hotspots and got more results? If so, is the hotspots program dramatically different? Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |