Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Happy Happy Birthday Loulou,
Hope you had a great one!
ImageFrom your buddies at EDS

You are the star!
Toby
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I have to chime in that vigorous massage of the skin makes a huge difference. I'm 45 and come from a family notorious for short necks and double chins. Combine that with losing a fairly large amount of weight, and there's no way that facial exercises alone are going to restore the tone of my neck and chest skin. I started massaging my neck and face vigorously twice a week for about 5 minutes and found it made a big difference to the thickness of my skin, much more quickly than anti-aging serums had.

I still do a twice weekly massage but now include my boobs and it takes about 10 minutes. Result? Thicker skin and firmer looking boobs. YAY!!! Don't get me wrong - it hasn't hoiked them back up to under my chin but it has made a difference. It doesn't take long and you can do it while watching tv or listening to music.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Luckylouie that is so true. At FlexEffect we always tell people to incorporate massage into their routines. Deb used to attribute half her success rate to massage in addition to the exercises, which I used to tell people to try and encourage them to do it, but I know timing can be an issue for busy bods, but I always feel if you even do some massage when you apply your cleanser/moisturiser etc, then thats better than none at all. Loulou also details a massage in her book.

I also like to tell people not to forget the back of their hands with the massage (especially gentle pinchng and rolling). The skin there needs stimulation (and thickening) too!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
I still do a twice weekly massage but now include my boobs and it takes about 10 minutes. Result? Thicker skin and firmer looking boobs. YAY!!! Don't get me wrong - it hasn't hoiked them back up to under my chin but it has made a difference. It doesn't take long and you can do it while watching tv or listening to music.

LOL louie...yes massage is fun, and friends can help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday loulou well worth celebrating when you look so good Very Happy
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa...did I just read that massage can thicken the skin on the back of the hands????? Do you mean the pinching sort of LouLou massage? Might this also work in the crook of the arm (where my skin looks pretty desperate)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Whoa...did I just read that massage can thicken the skin on the back of the hands????? Do you mean the pinching sort of LouLou massage? Might this also work in the crook of the arm (where my skin looks pretty desperate)?

It will probably work anywhere!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
luckylouie wrote:

LOL...that was the first thing my gutter mind thought of! Laughing

And then I realized that I am single at the moment. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
fawnie wrote:
luckylouie wrote:

Well, if you start letting your friends massage your boobs you'll probably have guys knocking down your door Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:
fawnie wrote:
luckylouie wrote:

Well, if you start letting your friends massage your boobs you'll probably have guys knocking down your door Laughing

LMAO...you are probably right!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Luckylouie do you do like a pinching and rolling on the skin on the boobs?

Bugger, I too am newly single.... Rolling Eyes
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
If I let my husband help it's going to take a lot longer than 10 minutes Very Happy Then again, the couple that plays together stays together. Actually there's a chinese qigong exercise called the deer (two versions, one for men and one for women) which includes massaging the breasts. It's often recommended that the man massages the womans breasts while she concentrates her efforts "down below". Here's a link:
www.healsa.co.za/deerexerwomen.htm

I've actually done this exercise in the past and if you do it consistently it does eliminate your periods.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
If I let my husband help it's going to take a lot longer than 10 minutes Very Happy Then again, the couple that plays together stays together. Actually there's a chinese qigong exercise called the deer (two versions, one for men and one for women) which includes massaging the breasts. It's often recommended that the man massages the womans breasts while she concentrates her efforts "down below". Here's a link:

I've actually done this exercise in the past and if you do it consistently it does eliminate your periods.

Well, while we're on the subject....

There is a certain intimate activity that is very effective at strengthening the lower jaw/platysma and the buccinator muscles. Wink

Now that I have my new tongue piercing I'm betting my husband will be making even more frequent requests Rolling Eyes Laughing
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:

This is unbelievable.
I wonder if I could stay looking this age for ever????
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:

Excerpted from the above link:

"Doing this exercise will correct menstrual irregularities. It will eliminate menstrual cramps and strengthen sexual ability. If you do the exercise with more than the recommended minimum of thirty-six hand rotations twice a day, — as much as 360 times twice a day — you can stop menstruation totally. But on one condition. You must not let your thoughts wander to other matters.

When doing the Deer Exercise, it is important to concentrate on the divine purpose, as it is very easy to become sexually stimulated
."

(Insert expletive here)! They totally had me up 'til this point Sad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Geez, my post is going to be SO mundane after those, sigh. But I did think that this is worth sharing...

The last 2+ years or so my upper eyelids really started to droop...to the point that my eyeliner would smudge up onto my lower brow area throughout the day, and leave a line. Rolling Eyes My plastic surgeon even told me a year ago that I was definitely a candidate for an upper and lower bleph.

I started dermarolling in May of 2008, and have definitely seen a lifting of my eyelids to some degree..a very welcome change. But it was not a hugely dramatic change, if you know what I mean.

But tonight when I was doing my skin stuff, I suddenly noticed that my eyelids were greatly lifted...there is NO WAY that my eyeliner could leave a mark on my lower brow unless I physically PUSHED my upper eyelid up there! Shock Shock Shock And this is even after I have taken in WAY too much sodium over the last few days and have some significant puffiness from fluid retention.

For the curious, I started Ageless on 11/8, so it has been about 6 weeks. And no, I did NOT do any exercises tonight.

Honestly, I am floored. And thrilled. And DAMN HAPPY that I spent $10 bucks on Ageless.

WOO HOO for ME and THANK YOU to LOULOU!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I am still so happy I can't stand it...I was actually planning on looking into getting an eye lift this summer if I met my weight goals!

Drat...I think I am too excited to go to sleep now. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:56 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Geez, my post is going to be SO mundane after those, sigh. But I did think that this is worth sharing...

The last 2+ years or so my upper eyelids really started to droop...to the point that my eyeliner would smudge up onto my lower brow area throughout the day, and leave a line. Rolling Eyes My plastic surgeon even told me a year ago that I was definitely a candidate for an upper and lower bleph.

I started dermarolling in May of 2008, and have definitely seen a lifting of my eyelids to some degree..a very welcome change. But it was not a hugely dramatic change, if you know what I mean.

But tonight when I was doing my skin stuff, I suddenly noticed that my eyelids were greatly lifted...there is NO WAY that my eyeliner could leave a mark on my lower brow unless I physically PUSHED my upper eyelid up there! Shock Shock Shock And this is even after I have taken in WAY too much sodium over the last few days and have some significant puffiness from fluid retention.

For the curious, I started Ageless on 11/8, so it has been about 6 weeks. And no, I did NOT do any exercises tonight.

Honestly, I am floored. And thrilled. And DAMN HAPPY that I spent $10 bucks on Ageless.

WOO HOO for ME and THANK YOU to LOULOU!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bethany I've got Eva Fraser's facial workout and also flex effect, but I found both to be too time consuming.

Eva Fraser's is supposed to be 10 mins long but it takes way longer than that, and well you know how long flex effect takes.

Anyway I've only been doing 5 exercises for the last 18 months for the areas that I really needed. One of these is the upper eyelid exercise of Eva Fraser's, but with a flex effect twist of doing 10 reps holding for a count of 6. Anyway, I haven't had any upper lid droop pretty much since I started and I was definately badly on the way.

Facial exercises WORK there's no doubt about it. And I love the combination of exercises of Loulou's. I've just started doing hers and keeping with the ones I've been doing.

Looking forward to even better results, and no doubt you will become even more happy as time goes on. Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely love LouLou's upper lid exercise. The way she recommends to grab upper lids is very effective! When I started doing it, I could feel tiny muscles hurt after exercises, the muscles that did not hurt before.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I absolutely love LouLou's upper lid exercise. The way she recommends to grab upper lids is very effective! When I started doing it, I could feel tiny muscles hurt after exercises, the muscles that did not hurt before.

I have only done the exercises 4 times so far, but I do not have muscle soreness. Does that mean I am not doing something correctly?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, I don't feel anything with these eye exercises either. The only one that I feel (to the extent that I can only do 15 reps) is the exercise where LL says pull in your cheeks like you're crushing fruit and hold it for a count of ten. That one kills me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Rileygirl, I don't feel anything with these eye exercises either. The only one that I feel (to the extent that I can only do 15 reps) is the exercise where LL says pull in your cheeks like you're crushing fruit and hold it for a count of ten. That one kills me.

Thanks, Antonia. It helps to hear that not everyone has the soreness!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Antonia wrote:

Thanks, Antonia. It helps to hear that not everyone has the soreness!

No eye soreness here either, though it is not for lack of trying!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
mpstat wrote:

I have only done the exercises 4 times so far, but I do not have muscle soreness. Does that mean I am not doing something correctly?

I have been doing facial exercises for a while and with LouLou's eye exercise I hit some eye muscles that were not actively involved before. I could feel it especially well when touched the area with my fingers. Pressure from the fingers magnified soreness feeling.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Rileygirl and Bethany, you know our faces are all different, and we all have stronger/weaker muscles and so when people begin a facial exercise program... they don't always get the same sensations partly because your building up a communication process between your brain and the muscles your going after.

Some people find certain muscles they can feel and contract consciously straight away, and then there are others in comparison which don't seem to have the same decree of movement or coordination that the others do. Don't give up, and think of it as a work in progress.

When I first began facial exercises years and years (and probably a few more than I care to remember) I was convinced I was doing my best with the eyes, but now on reflection they were very weak muscles for me. However, I kept the exercises up and about a year after doing them, one day I sat down to work my eyelids and volia, I suddenly felt the muscles engage and quiver. No two people are alike... you might feel them a week from now, or even a month or two months.... but at some point you will feel them - everyone does eventually - so please don't give up! When they do come into play you will have such an appreciation for them and it will give you an amazing feeling.

You probably are not doing them incorrectly, you just might not have the level of awareness that others do.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |