Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:28 am      Reply with quote
About body exercise, The only body ex I do is the butt exercise and walking (which I do a lot of!) I used to be a gardener and do my own labouring and still do quite a lot of that. I'm not what you'd call overweight, but I'm not a sylph either at all. I'm 12-14 UK which is umm 8-10 US?? So you don't really want my body secrets, except the butt one, which totally rocks, and I will post a vid of it when I can find it.

Really sorry to be so tardy with vids, but they are coming, honest!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply LouLou...at least I know I wont grow giant chomper muscles! But I may eventually be able to rip phone books in half with my teeth. Laughing

As far as that butt kick exercise, I have been doing that one myself since reading about it on the post. Well, at least I think I am doing it right...video would be most beneficial, wink wink! Can tell you this much though, I can really feel it working the arse even if I am not doing it right! Very Happy....I have to say that my butt is one of my body parts I love shape wise and get many compliments on, but I seem to have this excess skin right where my thigh meets my rear..I guess you could call that the "butt droopies"....I don't have any cellulite to speak of thank goodness, but would love to define that area to make it even more kick a$$!! No pun intended Wink

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
fawnie wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Well, while we're on the subject....
There is a certain intimate activity that is very effective at strengthening the lower jaw/platysma and the buccinator muscles. Wink

You wench! So this works, yeah?

I only did the long neck exercise to firm up my platysma, honest! Laughing

wha???? to firm up....wha?????? heheh aren't we randy now??! I think you are making us younger, LouLou!

Yes, please! The butt exercise vid too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Grrr! Yesterday, I went to my (wonderful) Medi-Spa doc and she injected my left NL trench with Radiesse to balance it out with the right side, which is very much flatter. During the injecting, I asked her whether I could do facial exercises involving the zygomaticus, risorius, levator L, etc. She was adamant that I could not do any exercises that affected the cheeks for two weeks. Crying or Very sad So I guess I'll just concentrate on the neck and eyes. It's most disappointing, I'll tell you. My minuscule (but growing) walnuts will disappear...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Bethany and everyone,
My observations are this: I think
Ageless is more aggressive than FE - the exercises have a tremendous impact on blood flow to the face and muscles and there is a combined effect of both massage (heavy duty) and exercising of the muscles. I can't say FE does that to the extreme that Ageless does. Ageless packs a bigger punch in other words.

I think FE is more comprehensive in that it covers more areas of the face in total and I think the results are longer in coming but nicely cumulative - Hoping that makes sense.

I also agree that some of the FE exercises are NOT for everyone and I think some may have a negative Vs Positive effect on some faces. Once you have things down you know what is good for you and incorporate as needed.

I'm glad to be doing both but so RELIEVED to have Ageless for the (quick) powerhouse effect and the option to add others into the mix. Very Happy

Sis

Sis, thanks for taking the time to write this up!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the book, cannot wait to receive the video, my English is not very good and when i read the book it like Chinese for me Laughing i don't understant a thing with the picture Laughing

Loulou don't forget me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Grrr! Yesterday, I went to my (wonderful) Medi-Spa doc and she injected my left NL trench with Radiesse to balance it out with the right side, which is very much flatter. During the injecting, I asked her whether I could do facial exercises involving the zygomaticus, risorius, levator L, etc. She was adamant that I could not do any exercises that affected the cheeks for two weeks. Crying or Very sad So I guess I'll just concentrate on the neck and eyes. It's most disappointing, I'll tell you. My minuscule (but growing) walnuts will disappear...
Laughing
they'll come back!!!!

Is your doc afraid you will disperse and lose the Radiesse? I guess two weeks is enough that it takes hold?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
I just bought the book, cannot wait to receive the video, my English is not very good and when i read the book it like Chinese for me Laughing i don't understant a thing with the picture Laughing

Loulou don't forget me.

Manon, the video might be just the thing for you! She shows you exactly what tissue on the face to grab and how you should make the expressions of the face.

Did you get the video yet? If you email LouLou she can help you get it. You can "pause" the video long enough to do your 20 reps and then move on to the next exercise. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sis, Yes, that's basically it. Radiesse is calcium hydroxyapatite and the collagen tends to form around it to hold it in place. I think this takes a couple of weeks. I'll have to behave myself or I might end up with a lump of Radiesse on the end of my nose.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Manon20 wrote:

Loulou don't forget me.

Manon, the video might be just the thing for you! She shows you exactly what tissue on the face to grab and how you should make the expressions of the face.

Did you get the video yet? If you email LouLou she can help you get it. You can "pause" the video long enough to do your 20 reps and then move on to the next exercise. HTH

Fawnie, i email her and i just received the video, you are so right it much better to understand with the video. Thanks.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Just to say that the link to the video has been printed on the last page of the book/download, so it should be there for anyone who gets either from now on.

LL Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I have Flex Effect and LouLou's Ageless book/video. I have been doing them both for a couple of wks with no real results to report yet... infact I may look a little more haggard than usual, which I partially attribute to the dry, cold weather. ((I love winter except that my dry skin tends to look like doo doo until the Spring.)) My question is about Ageless. I read the book through last night, hoping for more instructions on the exercises. With FE its clear you are RESISTING or PULLING AWAY from the area held, but I'm still confused about the process in the Ageless exercises. Are we grabbing and pulling the skin in the opposite direction than the movement? This is hard to do when you are grabbing so much skin. Can anyone clearly explain it to my concrete, dense brain??

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl, that is a great question and one I also would like to know the answer to! I have been doing the Ageless since 12/16, and I don't have any results to report yet, either. I am just assuming that it takes time to firm up the muscles in the face, just like it does in the body?
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:30 am      Reply with quote
i have been doing flexeffect for about a year and didnt really think the ageless exercises would make a difference but i ordered the book for when i dont have time to do flexeffect

ive been doing the ageless exercises for a week and cant believe the difference! i am very impressed, i have more results after a week of ageless than i had in a year of flexeffect!

my cheeks have really filled out a lot more and lifted and also my eyes have lifted, plus they are so quick to do! (flexeffect used to take me at least 1 1/2 hours!)

thank you loulou!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
mountaingirl, that is a great question and one I also would like to know the answer to! I have been doing the Ageless since 12/16, and I don't have any results to report yet, either. I am just assuming that it takes time to firm up the muscles in the face, just like it does in the body?

After reading ellie213's post, who has seen results in 1 week, I wanted to add on a question. I wonder if Sean or Loulou can come on and explain why some people are getting results after an extremely short period of time. How is it possible for ones muscles to "firm up" in such a short period?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Ellie – that’s a very long time. My workout takes me literally 28 minutes (and that’s all 40 exercises at 5 reps and a slow 6) and then I do about 10 minutes minimum of massage a day, but tend to massage when I cleanse and moisturise. The cd that has the count etc takes about 28 minutes. Were you working out consistently?

Its possible that the FlexEffect exercises were having an effect, and were working progressively beneath the surface of the skin.

I have read Loulou’s book and seen her video and do like her exercises and know many people do them in conjunction with FE and think its fantastic.

ellie213 wrote:
i have been doing flexeffect for about a year and didnt really think the ageless exercises would make a difference but i ordered the book for when i dont have time to do flexeffect

ive been doing the ageless exercises for a week and cant believe the difference! i am very impressed, i have more results after a week of ageless than i had in a year of flexeffect!

my cheeks have really filled out a lot more and lifted and also my eyes have lifted, plus they are so quick to do! (flexeffect used to take me at least 1 1/2 hours!)

thank you loulou!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sean

i used 10 reps as i didnt get enough burn no matter how much resistance i used doing 5. i do think if you dont feel it much then you arent going to get maxiumum results in terms of muscle growth. even if i tried to do them really quickly the quickest time would be 1 hour 15 mins, when i did them really carefully they would take 2 hours!

i did get really good results from flexeffect and it transformed my face but the ageloss has given it much more of a boost and filled out areas of my cheeks that the flexeffect didnt

to get continued muscle growth you do need to change your exercises so maybe it was just time to change to give my muscles a new challenge and when i get used to the ageloss i will prob go back to flexeffect unless someone else devises a new set of exercises!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Riley, it took me a month to see changes, but then they really kicked in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ellie

The CD has ten reps of each exercise, but if understand your message correctly, you were going after the burn, which is something that many people do and I sometimes wonder if perhaps thats a mistake they are making.

Let me explain, in the beginning, many people get it initially because the body's muscles are ridding themselves of a build-up of metabolic waste products (and thus producing lactic acid etc), which usually it does because its starved of oxygen temporarily. Also the burn sensation someone feels initially will change the longer that person trains. For example, when a person first starts training with dumbells, doing exercises like bicep curls etc, they may initially get a burning sensation in their biceps/triceps etc at the beginning, but a year later, they might not get the same sensation, even though they are training and challenging that same muscle. The same is true for facial exercises for example, when I first began, I might get an awful burn say for example on my cheeks, but a year later, I could challenge my cheeks with the same exercise but there is a much different sensation partly because the muscle has developed and gotten used to a routine, but is still being challenged nonetheless.

I think its really where you want to challenge the muscles you are working (to grow or build strength). For example in many body exercise programs they often tell you to increase the reps and/or weights. Well body workouts like T-tapp have been around for ages and are starting to prove that you don't have to do either, its about engaging the muscle consciously and challenging it.

It might have taken that long if you attempted all 40 at the start before you were really used to the exercises and routine etc. I could easily understand it taking a newbie a longer amount of time, simply because they haven't yet fully got the concepts behind the workout. Seriously, I sit down with the count cd, and can go through all 40 exercises in literally 28 minutes max. The massage I fit in when I can, and usually I like to maximise my time so do it when applying cleanser or moisturiser (and so complete two things at once).

I understand what your saying re challenges, but seriously its not strictly true. I still to this day do the same number of reps and exercises that I did when I began, and still am getting facial changes to this very day, but I realise its an amount of time that not everyone has at their disposal. I really think that any exercise program your doing whether face or body, the real true secret is going to your own personal max in any exercise you do (whether your choosing 5 reps or 10 reps) that will help you achieve results. I am all in favour of all facial exercise programs... as people are very different. FlexEffect really is bodybuilding principles applied to facial exercises, but in the same way there are yoga princples applied to it, there are isometric programs etc - which are all valuable, and ths is a good thing. I think facial exericse can offer so much to the world... and with programs like Loulou's and FlexEffect, these are quality ones that will help influence people out there and start to change our concepts of aging as we currently know it.

Sean

ellie213 wrote:
Hi Sean

i used 10 reps as i didnt get enough burn no matter how much resistance i used doing 5. i do think if you dont feel it much then you arent going to get maxiumum results in terms of muscle growth. even if i tried to do them really quickly the quickest time would be 1 hour 15 mins, when i did them really carefully they would take 2 hours!

i did get really good results from flexeffect and it transformed my face but the ageloss has given it much more of a boost and filled out areas of my cheeks that the flexeffect didnt

to get continued muscle growth you do need to change your exercises so maybe it was just time to change to give my muscles a new challenge and when i get used to the ageloss i will prob go back to flexeffect unless someone else devises a new set of exercises!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
You know no two people will respond entirely to any exercise at the same timing, and the same is probably true for facial exercises, but Loulou's exercises I am sure are just as progressive as FlexEffect, so the longer you do them the more results you will gain over time.

[quote="bethany"][quote="rileygirl"]mountaingirl, that is a great question and one I also would like to know the answer to! I have been doing the Ageless since 12/16, and I don't have any results to report yet, either. I am just assuming that it takes time to firm up the muscles in the face, just like it does in the body?[/quote]

Riley, it took me a month to see changes, but then they really kicked in.[/quote]
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just a reminder that the beginning of every month might be a good time to do those occasional exercises that LouLou recommends! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany and Sean. I haven't been at them that long, so we will see how I progress as time goes on!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Still hoping someone will chime in and give me some clear directions on how the skin is moved around when doing Ageless. Is it the weight of your holding the skin between your fingers, that provides the resistance or are you pulling it in an opposite direction? Mpstat tried to answer this for me in a PM, but I am still lost. LouLou...where are yooooooouuuuu??? Confused

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Still hoping someone will chime in and give me some clear directions on how the skin is moved around when doing Ageless. Is it the weight of your holding the skin between your fingers, that provides the resistance or are you pulling it in an opposite direction? Mpstat tried to answer this for me in a PM, but I am still lost. LouLou...where are yooooooouuuuu??? Confused

When I grip my skin tightly, the pressure of the grip keeps the skin/muscles from moving where I am trying to make them go....thereby providing the resistance.

So I grip my skin, then try to smile big, but can't because the grip stops me....but you keep trying to push the muscles to smile in order to max them out and cause them to grow.

Does that help at all? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've looked through that Yoga Face book, and at other facial exercises, and it seems that it's not so much the pulling of the skin but, as Bethany says, the actual resistance against the facial muscle being worked. In other words, it shouldn't make a difference which way you pull, so long as (for example) your buccinator muscle is having a h*ll of a time working against the pressure being placed upon it. This is much the same as when you lift weights. You are simply providing an opposing force in order to place stress on the muscle.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |