Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cosmetolog35

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
thank you for reply Magica!
I am a skin care professional, so I was taughted differently about the skin, but I am very interested to see how it works.!!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Antonia, I do understand where the philtrum is, that area with two ridges above the upper lip up to the nose. I just didn't make myself clear when I mentioned my "bow" at my upper lip - also a family trait. The bow is very nice; wish I could see more of the upper lip itself! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zephyr,

I really think that curling exercise that LouLou has (Exercise #10 Fuller Lips) produces more of an upwards curve to the lip. Botox in the philtrum is supposed to do the same thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
cosmetolog35 wrote:
just figure out how to use it. Smile Hi everyone!
Just downloaded "Ageless if you dare"...Can anyone tell me if I need to buy Flexx Effect if I have "Ageless if you dare"?

Congratulations on buying Ageless - the best $10.00 you will ever spend.

Ageless is great in that you will get quick results. My advice - do it at least 5-6 days a week. (It takes minutes a day but doing it faithfully your results will show up within a month or so)

Facial massage is not an exact thing. I massage my face probably 4-5X a week. Usually in the morning before I get out of bed - this helps to wake up! Wink I do pressure massage all over: fingers together pressing and rubbing in small circular motion. I also do a lot of pinching and pulling. I pinch and twist (ever so slightly first one way and then the other) all around my eyes - upper across eyebrows and lids and also lower. I pinch and pull cheeks, chin, ears, neck and tops of hands.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hi Zephyr,

I really think that curling exercise that LouLou has (Exercise #10 Fuller Lips) produces more of an upwards curve to the lip. Botox in the philtrum is supposed to do the same thing.

Botox does indeed do this...2 units in the middle of the bow, and 2 units on each side (6 units total). Unfortunately, Ageless speeds up the rate at which Botox fades.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for answering sister sweets Smile I am not sure if i figure out how to reply directly to the member who communicates with me, so I included the member's name.

How does it work for you? Do you see results and how long you have been doing these exercises?
are the eye exercises really work? it is my main concern. i can do peels and skin care, but nothing fill the hollows, that is what I think, except of fillers.

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Kandy....it was mentioned about the crush exercise a while back that you don't actually "blow" your cheeks up for that exercise. LouLou was merely demonstrating in that video with the "blow" the muscle you are supposed to use when you grab. So the actual exercise doesn't entail blowing up the cheeks. Just grab that piece of flesh and pull out a bit with your hands....then, try and pull/squeeze your cheeks back in against your teeth like you are trying to crush something between your cheeks and your teeth. I think this is why you are having difficulty with this exercise. I too was wondering about the cheek blowing when I first started doing this one and I saw the video.... so give it another go and see what happens!!! Very Happy

I think I understand better now how to do it, thnx for that explanation! Smile
Isn't it so that you pull your cheeks between your teeth then and if you push it further you end up making a 'fishface'..or am I wrong again? Rolling Eyes

Reposting Kandy's previous question, I don't think it's been answered. It's also how I understand the "crush" exercise, just wanna verify if that's correct.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:20 am      Reply with quote
milky wrote:
Kandy wrote:
bren21 wrote:

Kandy....it was mentioned about the crush exercise a while back that you don't actually "blow" your cheeks up for that exercise. LouLou was merely demonstrating in that video with the "blow" the muscle you are supposed to use when you grab. So the actual exercise doesn't entail blowing up the cheeks. Just grab that piece of flesh and pull out a bit with your hands....then, try and pull/squeeze your cheeks back in against your teeth like you are trying to crush something between your cheeks and your teeth. I think this is why you are having difficulty with this exercise. I too was wondering about the cheek blowing when I first started doing this one and I saw the video.... so give it another go and see what happens!!! Very Happy

I think I understand better now how to do it, thnx for that explanation! Smile
Isn't it so that you pull your cheeks between your teeth then and if you push it further you end up making a 'fishface'..or am I wrong again? Rolling Eyes

Reposting Kandy's previous question, I don't think it's been answered. It's also how I understand the "crush" exercise, just wanna verify if that's correct.

No "fish face" action with the crush exercise....it is just the action of pulling in your cheeks using that muscle without the sucking motion. Just to give you an example, my lips do not pucker when I do this exercise, they look more like I am trying to suppress a smile or kind of like smirking....absolutely no puckering involved!! I am really conscientious about any motion that involves puckering my lips!! Laughing Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:32 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
No "fish face" action with the crush exercise....it is just the action of pulling in your cheeks using that muscle without the sucking motion. Just to give you an example, my lips do not pucker when I do this exercise, they look more like I am trying to suppress a smile or kind of like smirking....absolutely no puckering involved!! I am really conscientious about any motion that involves puckering my lips!! Laughing Laughing

Thank you so much, Bren. I unfortunately have been doing a fish face. Embarassed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
No problem Very Happy....I forgot to mention about this exercise that when I do it, my teeth are closed. I would assume this is the right way to do it as not only your fingers grasping the muscle are giving resistance, but your teeth are giving the muscle resistance as well as you are trying to bring those muscles in against the teeth. I would assume you are doing the "fish face" due to the fact your teeth are open. So try it with them closed, I am sure it will be a totally different feeling for you.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
denham
5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Mrs Kassy posted this on the STOP thread:

Kassy_A wrote:
Regarding facial exercise programs... LouLou's Ageless, gives a beautifully tapered feminine jawline, and Flex Effect gives a wide, square, more masculine jawline. (For me FE exercises would be a good thing, because God was having a Siesta the day my miserably weak jaw/chin was handed out.. But I will tell you honestly, that since Toby switched to the Ageless exercise, her jawline looks toned, firm and tapered....and is 500% prettier, and more feminine, than what it looked like when doing FE..

Hmm - like Kassy I am also looking for more definition in my chin/jaw area, which is something i feel my face lacks + as a guy i think i could benefit from "the wide square more masculine" look. would you suggest substituting FE exercises for the chin /jaw within my newly started ageless routine?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Antonia and bethany! I will stay with the Ageless lip exercise to keep trying to improve my upper lip. I can see how Botox would help there, but no Botox for me, at least not now. Too much $$$ and I'm too squeamish.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
cosmetolog35 wrote:
Just downloaded "Ageless if you dare"...Can anyone tell me if I need to buy Flexx Effect if I have "Ageless if you dare"?

Congratulations on buying Ageless - the best $10.00 you will ever spend.

Ageless is great in that you will get quick results. My advice - do it at least 5-6 days a week. (It takes minutes a day but doing it faithfully your results will show up within a month or so)

Facial massage is not an exact thing. I massage my face probably 4-5X a week. Usually in the morning before I get out of bed - this helps to wake up! Wink I do pressure massage all over: fingers together pressing and rubbing in small circular motion. I also do a lot of pinching and pulling. I pinch and twist (ever so slightly first one way and then the other) all around my eyes - upper across eyebrows and lids and also lower. I pinch and pull cheeks, chin, ears, neck and tops of hands.

Sister where did you learn to the the massage? I have seen utube video's but I don't think I am getting the hang of it. Confused

cosmetolog35 I have been doing Ageless for 2 months min of 4 days a week, trying to do 5 to 6. There has been great improvement in the corner of my mouth. It always seem to sag a little like I was frowning, that has tightened up. I have terrible undereyes and ageless has helped a bit there too. This website has a couple of additional eye things that I do.
http://www.shapeyourface.com/default.htm

Overall my face looks fresher since doing Ageless, by far the best $10 I have spent. Patience is required it is like working your body. You don't go from flab to firm in a month Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Denham

I think if you have started Ageless, your better off allowing yourself more time for the program to improve your current muscles strength rather than switching.

Kassy is of course entitled to her opinion, but I personally don't think FE necessarily causes everyone to have a wide, square, masculine jaw (take a look at its founder... Deb), or any of the other instructors (like Loli's who jawline is amazing!). In fact many women who do FlexEffect don't have the square jawline but have beautifully feminine jawlines in my opinion.

If you want to make a concentrated effort on the jawline for instance, I would look really at the massage for improving it as I think its a wonderful tool that is often overlooked and Loulou describes wonderfully in her book.

denham wrote:
Mrs Kassy posted this on the STOP thread:

Kassy_A wrote:
Regarding facial exercise programs... LouLou's Ageless, gives a beautifully tapered feminine jawline, and Flex Effect gives a wide, square, more masculine jawline. (For me FE exercises would be a good thing, because God was having a Siesta the day my miserably weak jaw/chin was handed out.. But I will tell you honestly, that since Toby switched to the Ageless exercise, her jawline looks toned, firm and tapered....and is 500% prettier, and more feminine, than what it looked like when doing FE..

Hmm - like Kassy I am also looking for more definition in my chin/jaw area, which is something i feel my face lacks + as a guy i think i could benefit from "the wide square more masculine" look. would you suggest substituting FE exercises for the chin /jaw within my newly started ageless routine?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I think if you have one of the programs (you say you have Ageless already) your better off giving that one time to work. Its a quicker workout compared with FlexEffect, and I think trying to do two programs initially can be very time consuming as they are both learning curves. Depends what your starting place is really and what your goals are.

Ageless has a massage section, so its kind of comprehensive in itself, and likewise with FlexEffect. They compliment each other, but you don't have to have both to get results - either one of their own will deliver results.
cosmetolog35 wrote:
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
denham - I have been doing FE for soon to be two years, and do not have masculine jawline, my face is pretty feminine and toned. Loli from FE has indeed an absolutely stunning jawline! I feel that people who want to get masculine jawlines (and I have seen posts from men who are interested in such jawlines) can achieve those results if they desire, but ultimately flexers are in control of how much to built the faces. You can choose to work on some parts of the faces more then on others based on your goals. I can isolate individual muscles of my face pretty well, and I can work with a particular muscle to the extent I want.

I do a merge of different programs and exercises (FE, Ageless, kiss the ceiling, and my own variations of different exercises), and choose the most beneficial exercises for me, getting what is the best from those programs.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Just want to add my six cents' worth here. I have (had) a rather square face with the widest point mid-cheek. My jaw has always been full with a fair amount of soft tissue. Since doing Ageless, now almost six weeks, my upper face has taken the bulk in terms of width, making my jawline look smaller, and thus younger (inverted triangle). The kiss-the-ceiling and another jaw exercise that I do are firming the actual jawline (I'll post pics in a few more weeks). The "other" jawline exercise I do is simply taking the heels of my hands, fingers outwards like a lotus flower, and pushing upwards while simultaneously pushing downwards with my jaw. You can feel major tightening of the jawline while doing this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
[quote="denham"]Mrs Kassy posted this on the STOP thread:

Kassy_A wrote:

Toby, did you stop doing FE altogether when you began Ageless? Or did you add Ageless to your routine? "Switched" makes it sound like you are doing Ageless alone. Just wondering...

5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
thanks sean, mpstat & antonia for your replies (antonia, congrats on the visible results, btw).
as advised will stick with just the ageless for now, but will probably focus a bit more on the platysma muscle (add the kiss - "pout" Smile the ceiling & other variations).
again, thanks all for replying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just had to jump in and defend my "opinions", and explain that they were formed after viewing lots of pictures, both personally here, as well as on the Flex Effect general forum.. Don't take my word for it though, have a look for yourselves..

I have nothing at all against a nice strong jawline... I was merely sharing my observations.

Hopefully Toby will join in with her personal experience regarding this.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Just had to jump in and defend my "opinions", and explain that they were formed after viewing lots of pictures, both personally here, as well as on the Flex Effect general forum.. Don't take my word for it though, have a look for yourselves..

I have nothing at all against a nice strong jawline... I was merely sharing my observations.

I viewed the same pics, and definitely had the same observations as Kassy. But everyone is different, and this just happened to be what worked for Toby.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I viewed the same pics, and definitely had the same observations as Kassy. But everyone is different, and this just happened to be what worked for Toby.

Are you saying that Toby completely stopped Flexeffect then implemented Ageless (alone) and had a drastic improvement in her jawline? The rest of us haven't seen the photo of her jawline and I can't remember (all these long darn threads!!!) if she said that she quit all of her Flexeffect exercises. Just looking for clarification. Would love to hear from Toby!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
bethany wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Are you saying that Toby completely stopped Flexeffect then implemented Ageless (alone) and had a drastic improvement in her jawline? The rest of us haven't seen the photo of her jawline and I can't remember (all these long darn threads!!!) if she said that she quit all of her Flexeffect exercises. Just looking for clarification. Would love to hear from Toby!

It is my understanding that Toby stopped FE for 6 months so that she could compare programs and give Ageless a chance to work on its own.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh! I wish I could see this now-famous jawline. How fascinating it is to think that, not only can one can control the shape of one's face through "simple" exercise, but that the type of exercise can also have a bearing on the facial features. It's a miracle, girls!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just hope that we don't have to launch into yet more Ageless vs. FlexEffect discussions on this particular thread.

Sometimes I think I am actually on the FlexEffect thread, even though the title says Ageless.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |