Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:33 am      Reply with quote
haha Bethany, I got it, I will try not be so annoying, thank you Very Happy just keep posting your results, how and what exactly you are doing, which exs are more beneficial, any changes, good, bad etc. I've read all your posts, trust me. And the pictures from other members would be very nice, so far I've seen yours only. I will post mine soon, if I can. For me exs are working. I find the neck exercises to be painful, I am skinny, have skinny neck and not much flash to grab, so it hurts, leaves red spots. I am trying. I do like C Maggio's neck excercise, scooping thingy, really works. Guys what do you think about her nose exs (pumping)?? Will pumping exs have the same effect as Loulou's lip exs? They seem to work the same muscles. Or is the pumping for nose, and LL lip exercise is for lips only? Loulou what do you think? Any negative effects from pumping the nose? Have you seen those exs? You make piggy nose and make pumping motion using an upper lip. You can find them on youtube. I don't have a button nose and it is growing grrrr I also like her lip exs, my lips are so red and plumped afterward. I am doing and loving ageless, but I like adding a few more easy exs, I know you don't like Carol much here, I do not have her program and I don't think I am going to get it, I just like a couple of her exs (promoted on Fox), and don't want to do them if I am going to make the things worse. Thank you.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Determined wrote:
The ageless excercise where you grab the skin in the naso-labial fold was not comfortable for me and I questioned it's effectiveness because I don't feel strong muscle resistence when I do it so I stopped about a week ago. Maybe that's why the puff between nose & cheeks is subsiding.
The lip excercise doesn't seem to help me much so I've been doing something different which has helped the contour of my lips a lot:
Crook your pinky fingers into the sides of your mouth, using the resistence of your fingers force your lips open & closed. This has helped my upper lip lines a lot.
Hope this helps.

How many times do you do this?

I do the "lip pull" periodically througout the day for as long as I can or until it's uncomfortable. The "uncomfortable" part is when I can feel a kind of burning in the muscle that runs from the corners of my lips to the jawline under the earlobe. If I'm resisting really hard with the fingers usually about 10 pulls does it.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Rukl said: "I am not yet buying it only because I am not done reading this thread. It is getting longer every day."

Rukl, if you wait til the end of this thread you'll never own ageless. I can't believe that between this LONG thread, comments from users on other EDS threads and Lulu's site you are still unwilling to part with $10 or not.
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Since I have gotten such nice results already with Ageless, I think I am ready now to add some of the "occasional extra" exercises.
So far I have only used the basics, alternating days between the two groups.

I definitely see the beginnings of some loose skin and lines on my forehead, and want to tighten that up before I get the dreaded 11's.

I am going to ask my Daughter to take a close up picture for me this weekend so I will have a before and after picture to share at some point!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Baldabek,
we've been asked to keep this thread focused only on Ageless, but there is another thread on facial Exercises in general in the Skin Care and Makeup Forum..it's not been posted on for a bit ..but it's been very active in the recant past..I'll try to find it and 'bump' it up...I would happy to dialogue with you there about Carole Maggio's exercises..as I really like certain things about her style(focusing on the mind/energy as part of her program) as well as her exercises.. but only as an adjunct to Ageless.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
I do like C Maggio's neck excercise, scooping thingy, really works. Guys what do you think about her nose exs (pumping)?? Will pumping exs have the same effect as Loulou's lip exs? They seem to work the same muscles. Or is the pumping for nose, and LL lip exercise is for lips only? Loulou what do you think? Any negative effects from pumping the nose? Have you seen those exs? You make piggy nose and make pumping motion using an upper lip. You can find them on youtube. I don't have a button nose and it is growing grrrr I also like her lip exs, my lips are so red and plumped afterward. I am doing and loving ageless, but I like adding a few more easy exs, I know you don't like Carol much here, I do not have her program and I don't think I am going to get it, I just like a couple of her exs (promoted on Fox), and don't want to do them if I am going to make the things worse. Thank you.

The general Facial Exercises thread under the Skincare and Makeup forum would be the best place to post any questions about another program, since this thread is just about Ageless.

I went ahead and posted it for you on the thread, so anyone with answers can post there:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=435499#435499

5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
thank you for not ignoring me. I have read all threads about facial exs and nothing! that's why I am asking here Sad and also because I am doing ageless exs like most of you here, and people there are doing something else or just fishing... I will check again. Facial exercises thread has been stuck on page 31 for a while Laughing
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Baldabek,
I have just posted on the general facial exercise thread regarding (at least a part of) your question

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
thank you for not ignoring me. I have read all threads about facial exs and nothing! that's why I am asking here Sad and also because I am doing ageless exs like most of you here, and people there are doing something else or just fishing... I will check again. Facial exercises thread has been stuck on page 31 for a while Laughing

You have to post to keep the threads moving! Did you post over there before and no one answered your question?

But this topic is JUST for Ageless...no FlexEffect, no Eva Frasier, no Carol Maggio, etc. YOU asked that we keep it on topic, and we are going to hold you to that! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Baldabek2000, we'll do our very best to keep your desires in mind, and try to meet your needs in a more focused, organized manner. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your visit more enjoyable.

Baldabek - We are all just trying to help out. We don't need scoldings! You are a newcomer here and right off the bat it sounds like you want to control things and direct people. I've been here a little less than two years and I've learned so much. Every opportunity is there for you too.
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
hahaha bethany don't try to dodge the questions, they were tied to both programs. I wanted to hear a professional opinion from Loulou on nose and lip stuff I am doing in addition to the ageless lip exs. Am I working the same muscles and do additional exs beneficial or just a waste of the time. I have no questions about the neck exs, they are good, I like them.

sistersweets, I though we were done with all that stress, you missed some posts. It doesn't matter if you are here 10 years or 1 day, it doesn't make anyone special, everyone is looking for the same thing here, I am not selfish and wasn't asking for myself, in fact I have found what I need, as I told I went through reading many pages on the subject and there are other people who don't have time to do it. Not making any rules, just asking to simplify things.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Can I just ask a couple of questions, please?

From what I've read on this thread so far, the consensus seems to be that both Flex Effect and Ageless work well (in slightly different ways), and are extremely effective when used in tandem. That's why I'm probably going to purchase both soon.

Is is best to start with FE first, then move onto Ageless after a certain period? (Or is it the other way around? ) And how long does it, on average, take people to get to the "just requiring maintenance" success point for each programme, please?

You've got me all fired up and excited about these facial exercises. I'm jumping at the bit! Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
hahaha bethany don't try to dodge the questions, they were tied to both programs. I wanted to hear a professional opinion from Loulou on nose and lip stuff I am doing in addition to the ageless lip exs. Am I working the same muscles and do additional exs beneficial or just a waste of the time. I have no questions about the neck exs, they are good, I like them.

If you want a personal answer from LL, go to her forum...you already posted the link, so you obviously know where it is. We have pretty much driven her away from here due to all the posts on competing programs, etc. on this thread. Anytime she posts here we are glad to see her, but we no longer expect her to do so.

And for the record, I don't dodge any questions..though I often choose to ignore those from people that I think add limited value.

You mentioned that you didn't want to be ignored...scolding people constantly is probably not the best approach if you are looking for people to help you.

Ok...I'm done with this topic. I have more productive things to do! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Can I just ask a couple of questions, please?

From what I've read on this thread so far, the consensus seems to be that both Flex Effect and Ageless work well (in slightly different ways), and are extremely effective when used in tandem. That's why I'm probably going to purchase both soon.

Is is best to start with FE first, then move onto Ageless after a certain period? (Or is it the other way around? ) And how long does it, on average, take people to get to the "just requiring maintenance" success point for each programme, please?

You've got me all fired up and excited about these facial exercises. I'm jumping at the bit! Laughing

I have both programs, started with Ageless, and don't see any need to add Flex Effect at this point.

But I am sure that there are some approaches to your question on the Comparing Ageless and Flex Effect thread...many people who have both programs have posted there.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32485&highlight=ageless

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
ok..i need to say something more..regarding the tension here lately...

first of all..going back for a moment...(for those who may be lurking or who will read this post in the future) none of us can, in truth, 'speak' for Loulou..although we may really strongly feel/perceive that we do....

secondly..none of us hold 'The One Righteous Truth' about anything..

and although it's human nature to think/perceive/feel that we do..nonetheless we are all coming from our own individual impressions about 'reality'..

...and we honestly have no idea about what the 'whole' truth is in any situation..

although we really, really, really want to believe that we hold the only viable key to that truth..

so why don't we just accept that we don't really know the whole truth..rather than judging each other...according to our own (naturally) distorted perceptions.

personally i see some valid truth in what each of us has said.

...and some very grave distortions also..

...and i feel people are being hurt..because we think we 'know' whether or not they should be 'saying' or 'doing' this or that...or whether they are 'wrong' or 'right' in their perceptions.

baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
bethany, I use the dictionary, and don't choose the right word sometimes, don't get it too personally. I am not the one who started all these tensions by the way and I've never pointed fingers at anyone as well. I am off to exercising. thanks jasmine, very nice post. I've found everything I need, no more questions, take care guys. happy valentines. Smile
Take Care
5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm going over something that was already covered in this thread.. but my under eyes and cheek looks very very bad.. it looks as though I haven't slept in a week.. actually it looks worse then that.

Should I expect to look a lot worse before I look better? How long should it take before I see results?

Also can someone tell me where I can read about face brushing?

Thank you..
AllieJ

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just a question about 2 exercises. With the crush one, do you contract the muscle for ten seconds with each count of twenty? Loulou seems to be doing it quickly in the video, and with the roar exercise, do you hold both sides of lip or just one? If anyone can answer these that would be great, thanks...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you Jasmine. Too much judgement and ownership going on here. Everyone is just trying to get answers to their questions, and I don't see it as such a crime to cross post a little on the topic, esp if there are some comparisons being made (ie on facial exercises.) baldabek2000...hang in there. A lot of (your) "intention" can be mis-read in printed words and you are no different than the rest of us....simply just looking for a way to improve our appearance. It is hard to sift through TONS of posts to find the answers to your questions, when there are a lot of personal side conversations going on in the threads. With that said, I am off to do my Ageless exercises!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
AllieJ wrote:
Hi, just a question about 2 exercises. With the crush one, do you contract the muscle for ten seconds with each count of twenty? Loulou seems to be doing it quickly in the video, and with the roar exercise, do you hold both sides of lip or just one? If anyone can answer these that would be great, thanks...

Allie, my understanding is that you contract the muscle for the count of 20. Hold both sides of the lip simultaneously.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:
Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm going over something that was already covered in this thread.. but my under eyes and cheek looks very very bad.. it looks as though I haven't slept in a week.. actually it looks worse then that.

Should I expect to look a lot worse before I look better? How long should it take before I see results?

Thank you..

I'm thinking that perhaps the "intense stress" and "copper peptides" you mentioned might be contributing to that tired look.

What you describe is what a lot of gals experienced with CP use... Idea

Other than that I've only heard the "worse before it gets better look" associated with FE. I can confirm that that was my experience with my undereyes, and side of mouth pouches while using FE. Other's have had great results though, so it's very individual.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I have both programs, started with Ageless, and don't see any need to add Flex Effect at this point.

But I am sure that there are some approaches to your question on the Comparing Ageless and Flex Effect thread...many people who have both programs have posted there.

Thanks for your input, bethany. Very Happy

Actually, I do like the sound of the Ageless effects most and have a feeling that they may be more beneficial to me. Plus, it seems to be quicker to use and give faster results. So I've decided to buy that programme first. Then, if I need any tweaking, I'll add in the FE.

It's good to know that some people are fully satisfied with using one of the programmes alone. Fingers crossed that this will be my experience, too. And if not, I can always add FE into the mix.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thanks for your input, bethany. Very Happy

Actually, I do like the sound of the Ageless effects most and have a feeling that they may be more beneficial to me. Plus, it seems to be quicker to use and give faster results. So I've decided to buy that programme first. Then, if I need any tweaking, I'll add in the FE.

It's good to know that some people are fully satisfied with using one of the programmes alone. Fingers crossed that this will be my experience, too. And if not, I can always add FE into the mix.

I think starting with the faster, easier program (with faster results to boot!) is the way to go....if you decide you want to commit more time to facial exercise (should there be a need) down the road, then you can always buy another program then! Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

Thank you for your post..

I have very little stress in my life now.. and I stopped using copper pep when I was told it was no good from someone on this thread.
I'm wondering how you could remember all of this about me?? That's unbelievable!..

My original problem still exsists today.. which is my eye area and cheek bones make me look very tired and worn out..

My diet is perfect, I watch everything I eat.. and I drink pleanty of water.

How long before you really see results from Ageless?

I wonder what else I can do...

Thank you..
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:
Hi Kassy,

Thank you for your post..

I have very little stress in my life now.. and I stopped using copper pep when I was told it was no good from someone on this thread.
I'm wondering how you could remember all of this about me?? That's unbelievable!..

My original problem still exsists today.. which is my eye area and cheek bones make me look very tired and worn out..

My diet is perfect, I watch everything I eat.. and I drink pleanty of water.

How long before you really see results from Ageless?

I wonder what else I can do...

Thank you..

Take Care,

It took me well over 6 months for damage under my eyes from CPs to go away for the most part, so you could be dealing with some of that still.

I also recall that you had been under some extreme stress for some time, and while your routine may be good now, it generally takes the body longer than you think/hope to snap back.

I saw results from Ageless in a month, but based on your history and CP usage, I would give it at least 6 months. And please do try too many things at once...it sounds like your skin is already tired, and more is NOT better in this case.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |