Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
LOL wasn't suggesting it was you - was suggesting it as a place to look for info to help.

I know what you mean though re the rest of your face. I think many of us found that. I have to add to my routine, and am loving the latest edition of FlexEffect for that... its working a treat.

skincarefreak wrote:

My cheeks were good, but it didn't help with my forehead and slight sagging of my jowls. In addition, I didn't like the pulling of the upper eyelid.

I haven't participated on the forum so, it couldn't be me.

I know what you mean. I think Ageless is a good way to get introduced to facial exercise however, in time, people just need more.
lipper
5% products discount

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question regarding the downside of building your cheeks. I am 46 and don't really have much in the way of cheekbones, they are kind of flat against my face.

But because of that I really don't have much in the way of crow's feet because when I smile, my cheeks don't bulge up that much and so I haven't created a lot of wrinkles above them.

Has anyone found that doing the cheekbuilding exercises caused or increased their crow's feet? Because if so I guess I'd prefer to have modest cheekbones and less wrinkles.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
lipper wrote:
I have a question regarding the downside of building your cheeks. I am 46 and don't really have much in the way of cheekbones, they are kind of flat against my face.

But because of that I really don't have much in the way of crow's feet because when I smile, my cheeks don't bulge up that much and so I haven't created a lot of wrinkles above them.

Has anyone found that doing the cheekbuilding exercises caused or increased their crow's feet? Because if so I guess I'd prefer to have modest cheekbones and less wrinkles.

Hi lipper - I have heard of people who have overbuilt cheeks and increased eye wrinkles with cheekbuilding exercises. It may be because they have high cheekbones to start with so I would still try the cheek build if I were you. If you see it affecting eye wrinkles you can stop and it will cease. I think the overall lifting affect is worth it and based on your starting point this may not become an issue for you. You may end up with a total great result. Best of luck

5% products discount

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

This isn't going to make me very popular, but this is exactly one of the reasons why I've stopped doing Ageless.

I ended up with bulging cheeks, particularly at the "apples". When I smiled, the additional cheek bulk created terrible wrinkling under my eyes and also made me look like the Joker from Batman. Not an attractive look!

However, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean to say that it won't work for everyone. It's a great program for people with gaunt, thin faces because it does build muscle mass. I, on the other hand, have a chubby, wide face.
lipper
5% products discount

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Colli wrote:

This isn't going to make me very popular, but this is exactly one of the reasons why I've stopped doing Ageless.

Well I would hope that your honesty would not make you "unpopular"! This should be a forum where people can post their UNBIASED experience with programs. I didn't think that this thread was supposed to be advocating any sort of agenda, i.e. this is the Pro-Ageless thread, and criticisms are not allowed! What good would that be?

Thanks for letting me know. I will definitely watch for these effects. Were you able to get rid of the wrinkles after you stopped the exercise, or were they permanent?
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:35 am      Reply with quote
(Looks in mirror)..the apples of my cheeks are definitely bulgy! Though I haven't had any problems with wrinkles at my eyes.

I was hoping I'd get a firming of my chin and more definition at my jaw (look at Lou's transformation pics..that definitely happened for her). Can't say any miracles have occurred for me, yet.

I did say earlier in the thread that as LouLou used the same pics on FlexEffect forum before she left, that it is a bit misleading. And I got a few annoyed responses for voicing my opinion Confused

On her FE Before and After pictures she completely changed, and to the layperson finding Ageless, there's no mention of it really. Though it does get mentioned on her forum. There is still a bit of a grey area as to what contributed to the stunning changes. And they ARE stunning, she looks lovely.

The proof in the pudding, as they say, is in the eating, so I'll plug on for a few more months.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
lipper wrote:

Hi lipper - I have heard of people who have overbuilt cheeks and increased eye wrinkles with cheekbuilding exercises. It may be because they have high cheekbones to start with so I would still try the cheek build if I were you. If you see it affecting eye wrinkles you can stop and it will cease. I think the overall lifting affect is worth it and based on your starting point this may not become an issue for you. You may end up with a total great result. Best of luck

Hi Lipper,

One of the tricks to building your cheeks without increasing eye wrinkling is to build up your under-eye and "side of eyes/crowsfeet" areas as well.

From seeing lots of posts on various forums, the problem seems to be that for somewhere from many to most people (myself included), the cheek muscles do tend to build much faster than the eye area. The problem with larger cheek muscles with a thinner eye area is that when you smile, your cheek area scrunches your thinner undereye and crowsfeet areas into wrinkles more easily when these areas are much thinner relative to your cheeks.

So I wouldn't avoid building the cheek area, but rather I'd just trying to build the cheek and eye areas more in lock-step. So you might want to do fewer reps for your cheeks, until your eye muscles catch up, which might take much longer, so patience helps Smile

I don't have eye wrinkles, but I do have and always have had small eye hollows. Since really focusing on building the illusion of higher cheek bones through really trying to add a significant amount of muscle to my cheeks, I have personally exacerbated the dip from my cheeks to my eyes. It isn't that bad of a change--and the extra fullness in my cheeks more than offsets the slight imbalance--but it just really highlights to me both the importance of not spot-training and the importance of building muscles in lock-step.

Just one idea of what you can try. I hope this helps Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
(Looks in mirror)..the apples of my cheeks are definitely bulgy! Though I haven't had any problems with wrinkles at my eyes.

I was hoping I'd get a firming of my chin and more definition at my jaw (look at Lou's transformation pics..that definitely happened for her). Can't say any miracles have occurred for me, yet.

I did say earlier in the thread that as LouLou used the same pics on FlexEffect forum before she left, that it is a bit misleading. And I got a few annoyed responses for voicing my opinion Confused

On her FE Before and After pictures she completely changed, and to the layperson finding Ageless, there's no mention of it really. Though it does get mentioned on her forum. There is still a bit of a grey area as to what contributed to the stunning changes. And they ARE stunning, she looks lovely.

The proof in the pudding, as they say, is in the eating, so I'll plug on for a few more months.

Since you mention it, I, too, have wondered about Loulou's changes, because no other facial exercise program have I ever seen had such dramatic "Before and After" pictures. To be totally honest, for this reason, I really do wonder if much of Loulou's results in such a short time period of 2 years can actually be attributed to an improvement in her hormones. I recall that she had a very early menopause that she said went undetected for a while and her face was deteriorating rapidly. This would be inline with her before picture, in which to me, her facial sag is way more dramatic than what I would expect for someone in their late thirties. And I recall reading somewhere that she started taking HRT while flexing and there were claims that she used some sort of hormone in her skincare as well (estriol??). And then, in her after picture, she looks jaw-droppingly amazing!!! So I can't help but wonder if a large part of her results were from reversing and correcting her hormonal issues that were causing rapid premature aging in her face.

Similarly, to me personally, both Deb Crowley (FlexEffect) and Carole Maggio (Facercise) both look amazing to me. Up until her late 40's/early 50's, Deb looked to me to be in her twenties, and up until about her early 50's/mid-fifties, Carole looked to me to be in her mid- to late thirties (I think, in part, because her hair-do was an "older style"). But somewhere in their fifties, I noticed that both of their rates of aging started to accelerate much more and I wondered if this is part hormonally related, given the more "sudden-ness" of the change. Regardless, both women look fantastic to me and I would be thrilled with half their results!!

All of these women are true pioneers and trailblazers, and I have nothing but the utmost respect and awe for them. I just mention this topic of the effect of hormones on aging because I think it's super-important to base our expectations on what is realistic for us personally. And I increasingly suspect that Loulou's results are probably anomalous and not realistic for most of us, if the *only* thing we change is to do facial exercises. I just wouldn't want someone to have unrealistic expectations and accidentally quit prematurely. As Debbie Merrill says, "don't quit before the miracle happens". That's all. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
CM who do you rate as better looking Deb or Carole? I ask purely from what I've seen of them both, I think Deb far outweights Carole. Yes she's been doing exercises for longer, but in the dvd I don't believe she is in as heavy makeup as Carole. Not that I don't think Carole looks good mind you - but I know I saw her one time in the UK and I have to say the photos and dvd's I've seen don't match up to the time I saw her in person (sorry personal opinion only).

Deb to me looks terrific. I would almost kill to look like that. Even Carole's eyes and mid face are good, but I like Deb's looks more.

I'm not sure that I understand your comment though about them "somewhere in their fifties, I noticed that both of their rates of aging started to accelerate much more and I wondered if this is part hormonally related". Could you expand on this, as I'm really interested. I know I always felt when the big M kicked in, I felt like I looked worse for wear for ages, and then I finally had to nag my doc for hormones and noticed great changes, but both these women are suppposed to be experts on the subject, and I know both have said how important hormones are - so do you think they're not following their own talk or something?

I've never seen much explanation of what she actually did when she flexed. I know from her posts on the general forum (which have since disappeared but I never know if she removed them, or whether they did) that she said she didn't have time to do the full exercises which seemed quite strange to me initially, but I can understand and appreciate this completely as back then it did take ages and there were 40 exercises alone.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm also preoccupied with hormonal issues. I'm getting the impression that no matter how good our results are from exercising and skin care etc, that when meno kicks in, it will undo everything we've worked so hard for. I have to say that this aspect of menopause is worrying me more than any other.

TheresaMary, - how long did you put up with these changes before the Dr would give you hormones? did they deny your skincare issues had anything to do with meno? I mentioned my concerns to my doctor and she gave me the impression each individual symptom can/would be treated separately (depression/libido etc) - however, I don't think there seems to be anything other than hormones to try to preserve skin quality,

Jackie xx
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597, I remember reading about Lou's early menopause, and you may well have hit the nail on the head! That's a very good point. She looks fantastic. I'm on month 2 and I'm patient, I'll be around for the magic happening Smile

To me, Carole Maggio looks a bit "done" (I mean, c'mon, look at those lips in recent clips of hers!) but your face is your calling card with facial exercises so it must be tough going when the aging process bites. That's not to say that her exercises are no good; lots of people are praising her new Facercise (I've seen the "old" one and the visualisation thing is a bit too cosmic and wishful thinking for my tastes).

I don't think it's a case of who looks better, but who looks natural. And it's Deb, hands down. To a prospective customer, that equals integrity.

I'm 38 (and I'm pretty sure, on the cusp of perimenopause) and it is indeed a scary thought that hormones can have such an impact on our faces/bodies. This thread was very interesting: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34890

As I'm very much in the routine of facial exercises every day (with the Tua Viso and Ageless), I think my next step up will be FlexEffect. Is the 3rd edition FE the same exercises with the jolting/cross stretching/pressure reps?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:

To me, Carole Maggio looks a bit "done" (I mean, c'mon, look at those lips in recent clips of hers!) but your face is your calling card with facial exercises so it must be tough going when the aging process bites. That's not to say that her exercises are no good; lots of people are praising her new Facercise (I've seen the "old" one and the visualisation thing is a bit too cosmic and wishful thinking for my tastes).

It's funny that you wrote this today. I've been using the Ultimate facercise dvd for a month now,and noticed my lips this morning. They are quite a bit larger and more shapely and realized how Carole's lips can be so plump and shapely. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion however, seeing how my lips are now, I can see how her lips can look the way they do.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMay wrote:
CM who do you rate as better looking Deb or Carole?

Lol, I'd hate to rate someone as better or worse looking than someone else....particularly, since I'm no natural beauty myself and would hate anyone judging me Smile But I honestly do think they all look great---all three of them, Deb, Carole, and Loulou! Loulou's younger than Deb and Carol, and Carol prefers to wear more make-up, so it's quite hard to compare them as each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

The only thing I will say is that I think Carol has had something very small done. I've studied a couple dozen video clips of her over the years, and I did pin-point a particular change in both her speaking voice (slight lisp) and in the way she holds her mouth, that I attribute to some sort of lip filler. You can see what I mean by watching and listening to the way she talks here (before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbvSbBZPxrM&feature=related) and here (after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zga_eQc3uxc&feature=related = especially at the 1 minute mark).

TheresaMay wrote:
I'm not sure that I understand your comment though about them "somewhere in their fifties, I noticed that both of their rates of aging started to accelerate much more and I wondered if this is part hormonally related". Could you expand on this, as I'm really interested.

Here (http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm), Deb to me for years looks like she's in her twenties in her photos, as if she's totally stopped time, but then somewhere in her mid- to early fifties, it seems that she starts to age a bit more, though certainly not as fast as your average person, but still it's noticeably more than before.

Similarly, for Carol Maggio, she looks for the ~15 years while doing facercise like she has stopped time. You can see how young-looking and natural she looks here at age 52: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPJnwzGQwBU&feature=related (scroll to 1:50 minutes). And here, I believe this clip is just a 2-4 years later, she has suddenly lost considerable volume in her face, volume that would soften her look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9202U2JCIQ&feature=related.

TheresaMay wrote:
I know I always felt when the big M kicked in, I felt like I looked worse for wear for ages, and then I finally had to nag my doc for hormones and noticed great changes, but both these women are suppposed to be experts on the subject, and I know both have said how important hormones are - so do you think they're not following their own talk or something?

I definitely do not expect to stop aging by doing facial exercise, but rather I am just pointing out that changes in our hormones, esp menopause or prolonged stress, probably affect our results dramatically. It's also the time when bone loss can start to accelerate. I don't think FlexEffect or any of the other programs would argue with that statement about the importance of hormones and other health factors.

No, I'm not saying that they're not following their talk, but rather that hormones can influence our results dramatically, and I'm just arguing that I suspect that part of the great changes in Loulou's photos are due to fixing hormonal issues. It's just that I don't think changes of the magnitude that Loulou experienced are typical from only doing facial exercises. Plus in her before pictures, she looks much older than her age, which again, suggests those hormones issues in part caused her face to sag.

Basically, I don't want people doing Ageless to give up prematurely on facial exercise because they don't have as dramatic results as Loulou has or in as short of a time as Loulou claims is possible (6 months until maintenance is what she says on her website, which I think is clearly unrealistic).

But I think clearly 14 months is plenty of time to test out a program to see whether it agrees with you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm not so sure that it undoes all the good results, but I think its one of those things that if you leave unbalance, it kind of grows in size.

My doc knows me well (has been my family's gp for a long time, so when I started experiencing the symptons, he kind of did try to write it off, but then I went away and did my research and made an appointment and really told him that I thought it was hormone related and that from what I read the best thing was the hormones, and I guess he kind of knew there would be not budging me so did tests (and hey presto it revealed imbalance) and then prescribed me the hormones.

Jackie284 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm also preoccupied with hormonal issues. I'm getting the impression that no matter how good our results are from exercising and skin care etc, that when meno kicks in, it will undo everything we've worked so hard for. I have to say that this aspect of menopause is worrying me more than any other.

TheresaMary, - how long did you put up with these changes before the Dr would give you hormones? did they deny your skincare issues had anything to do with meno? I mentioned my concerns to my doctor and she gave me the impression each individual symptom can/would be treated separately (depression/libido etc) - however, I don't think there seems to be anything other than hormones to try to preserve skin quality,

Jackie xx
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:01 am      Reply with quote
No they've scaled down and combined some of the former exercises - now there's only 30. There's also Jolting and Pressure Reps for the bone, and Cross Stretching, Pressure Massage and the basic massage (which I think has changed somewhat) for the skin. Its the best money I've spent for sure.
ljk wrote:
Is the 3rd edition FE the same exercises with the jolting/cross stretching/pressure reps?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:02 am      Reply with quote
You know Sis said to me a while ago that she could see how Carole's lip exercise could increase the lips, and I think she's right. Her lips dont look like they've had work to me. But I do wonder about their outline at times, as it looks like makeup. If youlook at her books, you can kind of see there is very 80's makeup on her face.
skincarefreak wrote:
ljk wrote:

It's funny that you wrote this today. I've been using the Ultimate facercise dvd for a month now,and noticed my lips this morning. They are quite a bit larger and more shapely and realized how Carole's lips can be so plump and shapely. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion however, seeing how my lips are now, I can see how her lips can look the way they do.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Lol, I'd hate to rate someone as better or worse looking than someone else....particularly, since I'm no natural beauty myself and would hate anyone judging me Smile But I honestly do think they all look great---all three of them, Deb, Carole, and Loulou! Loulou's younger than Deb and Carol, and Carol prefers to wear more make-up, so it's quite hard to compare them as each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Nonsense, I think its not so much as rating someone as better or worse, but simply saying which one would be more your goal.

cm5597 wrote:
The only thing I will say is that I think Carol has had something very small done. I've studied a couple dozen video clips of her over the years, and I did pin-point a particular change in both her speaking voice (slight lisp) and in the way she holds her mouth, that I attribute to some sort of lip filler. You can see what I mean by watching and listening to the way she talks here (before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbvSbBZPxrM&feature=related) and here (after: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zga_eQc3uxc&feature=related = especially at the 1 minute mark).

That’s fascinating to me. I never noticed that before until you mention. Good spot.

cm5597 wrote:
Here (http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm), Deb to me for years looks like she's in her twenties in her photos, as if she's totally stopped time, but then somewhere in her mid- to early fifties, it seems that she starts to age a bit more, though certainly not as fast as your average person, but still it's noticeably more than before.

But is that the style etc of the photos rather than her face itself. For example I know what you mean re the 40's photos, but they are obviously photograph posed shots. Whereas the black and white ones were done after people were complaining. I think also her hair is much shorter in the good shots, whereas the recent ones have her with longer hair which maybe ages people.

cm5597 wrote:
Similarly, for Carol Maggio, she looks for the ~15 years while doing facercise like she has stopped time. You can see how young-looking and natural she looks here at age 52: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPJnwzGQwBU&feature=related (scroll to 1:50 minutes). And here, I believe this clip is just a 2-4 years later, she has suddenly lost considerable volume in her face, volume that would soften her look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9202U2JCIQ&feature=related.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean about volume. Her face doesn't look like its lost volume to me. I can see how the portions of her face have changed but think that’s due to the hairstyle rather than the face itself.

cm5597 wrote:
No, I'm not saying that they're not following their talk, but rather that hormones can influence our results dramatically, and I'm just arguing that I suspect that part of the great changes in Loulou's photos are due to fixing hormonal issues. It's just that I don't think changes of the magnitude that Loulou experienced are typical from only doing facial exercises. Plus in her before pictures, she looks much older than her age, which again, suggests those hormones issues in part caused her face to sag.

Ok but if they know the importance of hormones, then surely they would have done something about it. I know both Deb and Carole who I have spoken to on the telephone both emphasised how important hormones were, but from what your saying, if they've changed for the worse due to hormones, then they are either not following the same advice they're giving to others, or the advice they are following is incorrect which is what I find troublesome.

cm5597 wrote:
Basically, I don't want people doing Ageless to give up prematurely on facial exercise because they don't have as dramatic results as Loulou has or in as short of a time as Loulou claims is possible (6 months until maintenance is what she says on her website, which I think is clearly unrealistic).

Ok did you follow Ageless exactly as Lou laid out as I know from before you adapted FlexEffect with your knowledge. Did you do the same with Ageless?

cm5597 wrote:
But I think clearly 14 months is plenty of time to test out a program to see whether it agrees with you. Smile

14 months – I thought they all gave a year (but Ageless gives 6 months as you say).

I think it’s a shame we don't hear more from the facial exercise teachers themselves in either emails or messages as to these topics. I know Carole does a newsletter and I might email her to see if she could write something up (doesn't hurt to ask).
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I feel some of you younger gals are getting nervous of menopause, please don't. I was peri-menopausal in my late 30's & went through proper menopause when 40, I am now 52. At about 38 my facial skin started to make a fuss about being in the sun, so I stopped allowing any UV light on it,this has been a major factor in reducing facial ageing, in my opinion (daily I thank this sun allergy for occuring when it did) My mother will be 80 this year but looks in her 60's, I am hoping I have her good genes too, it's combos like this that affect how you age.

I think your body has a natural age clock which will kick in no matter what you do. Even Deb's mentioned this in her latest FlexEffect book, her early 60's caused an acceleration of aging so she came up with jolting.

I have friends on full blown HRT which is completely unnatural to the human body (who wants horse urine & bad estrogens in their system?) who have aged well facially (but are bloated from the side effects)& others who have faired less well, some because of poor lifestyle choices (smoking, which has produced quite obvious lip lines in one friend). Oh dear this sounds like character assassination, it is meant to be examples & not cruel as it sounds - sorry.

The thing seems to me, to be able to stay slim & keep a youthful shape, HRT certainly does not do this, so you must weigh up, literally, what you put into your body & what ill effects you are prepared to suffer to PERHAPS, & it is PERHAPS stay looking younger.

Meanwhile doing Flexeffect daily to keep the facial muscles toned & keeping the face out of the sun will stave off a great deal of unnecessary facial aging in my humble opinion.Good diet, lots of sleep & avoiding stress (not always easy) are major contributors to a youthful look too. So you young gals, please don't panic that you will go to bed one night & wake up the the next menopausal & in pieces, it does not work like that.

ETA:I know some people need to take HRT, I am not wanting to sound holier than thou about not taking it. I use a little natural progesterone cream daily myself & have done so for 12 years. Re-reading what I wrote above came over as preachy, this was not my intention, but rather to point out that HRT was not necessarily the fountain of youth some people think it to be.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Katy I couldn't agree with you more about menopause, as I don't think its something to fear. However I think its important to say that FlexEffect works the muscles, bone and skin which is really major to me. I know that the bone stuff is absolutely fantastic and I believe I can feel changes happening beneath my fingers each and every time I do it, plus my dreaded nl's which I've never given much concern over as my mother and grandmother had them when I was younger, have started faded and thinning, which I'm convinced is due to the cross stretching etc, so for me its a lovely side effect.
Cooking Katy wrote:
Meanwhile doing Flexeffect daily to keep the facial muscles toned & keeping the face out of the sun will stave off a great deal of unnecessary facial aging in my humble opinion.Good diet, lots of sleep & avoiding stress (not always easy) are major contributors to a youthful look too. So you young gals, please don't panic that you will go to bed one night & wake up the the next menopausal & in pieces, it does not work like that.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

thanks, some great and reassuring info here,

I turned 40 this year, and even when I turned 39, I noticed sudden changes in my skin and it's tone, and of course have had to adapt my skincare accordingly. I admit, I feel like I am waiting with a sawn off or something to fight this menopause when it hits - lol. I know there's not a huge amount we can do, but I really want to be aware when I'm in it and treat it appropriately.

Can I just ask if anyone had regular hormone tests to monitor their hormone and FSH levels? I've read that this is recommended,

(apols if i've taken this off topic a little)

thanks

Jackie xx
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Theresa Mary, how long have you been doing the bone jolting to feel these effects? I have not yet tried it & wonder how long it would take me to notice a difference.

I do like the cross-stretching.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Well I ordered it as soon as it was orderable, and I think it got delivered to me at end of Feb, so just over a month now, but I have done facial exercises for several years and was doing the 2nd edition resistance exercises and massage (but alternating with Ageless) so my tissue is quite strong and good and healthy already. So whilst it seems short, I can kind of understand why they suggest waiting to do things like pressure reps/cross stretching as I suppose they do rely on you knowing the muscles (where they begin/end etc).

I know I felt differences from the first time I tried it. I did it initially with the dvd, and then went and read that section of the book (I have to read things several times sometimes for it to sink in and me to feel comfortable) and each time I go back to that book I get an Aha. Its not so much I can see physical changes happening (other than the nl's disappearing which wasn't a goal, I've had other results) but with the jolting etc I feel changes happenign which are difficult to describe. With Cross Stretching, I noticed an immediate difference after doing it. My skin was flushed (not in an unattractive way, just looked healthy). And to be honest, its not something I really noticed first, but my dh pointed out (and he never notices things usually so I was shocked and ran to look in the mirror).
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TM. I will try the jolting now too. I started FE in March, but like you, have done facial exercises (mainly resistance types)for many years (13) so I think I could safely have a go at the jolting now.

I agree, every time I go back & read the new FlexEffect book I have aha moments too, or read things I missed first time. There is great deal of excellent info contained therein.

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
You know I know they make a big deal about if you start FlexEffect you have to give yourself time to adjust and master the techniques, but pretty much to me exercising the face is exercising the face. Sure resistance is great and its important to learn proper technique, but I think like you if you done them for a while, your pretty clued up on what your doing and I suppose they just got to be extra cautious with beginners etc, but I think if you done them for as long as you have, your pretty safe trying out the advanced stuff. I mean even Kassy (no offense kassy here intended) went straight into cross stretching etc, and she wasn't doing the exercises for very long - so I suppose its just really them being overly cautious.

I think your like it. I know I do. What other ones did you do! I've probably done them for sure.
Cooking Katy wrote:
Thanks TM. I will try the jolting now too. I started FE in March, but like you, have done facial exercises (mainly resistance types)for many years (13) so I think I could safely have a go at the jolting now.

I agree, every time I go back & read the new FlexEffect book I have aha moments too, or read things I missed first time. There is great deal of excellent info contained therein.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi cm5997,

Are the eyes exercises of FlexEffect good enough to build the eye area?

I have done FE for 1 month (everyday I only do exercises 12-17 for the cheek) but stopped it for 2 weeks.

The reason is that I find that the wrinkle under my right eye becomes more pronounced. The wrinkle was formed after 4 months of doing Ageless.

Your advice is highly appreciated!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |