Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
OK, so today I can RESUME my exercises after not being able to do them for two weeks due to Radiesse shots. For some strange reason, my face looks fatter since I stopped. Not the Radiesse as that's just in the NL folds. Could be coincidence I guess...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
oh my god loulou - i haven't been on line for a good year - but now i'm back to my wicked ways cruising skin care sites --how shocked was i to see you created your own program - and then i thought of course she did!
i checked out your video and you look AMAZING! i'm so curious to see where you've taken facial excercise and massage...i'll definately be purchasing your program 'cause a girl can never have enough techniques
big hug
moongoddess
from FE
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Bren, you have great results so far! I'm especially encouraged seeing your upper eye area - that is a huge problem for me. And the area from the corner of your mouth, following down - wow!

Edited to add: I'm not using any hand-held devices (don't own any - yet!) and I understand that you are, Bren. I can only hope my eyelid and under-brow areas have some of the same lifting yours do now. Very impressive!

5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bren - I am very impressed with your results as well and I am concerned about the eye area as well and yours looks great! I could tell a difference in all areas that you were concerned with. This gives me such great hope and determination to stick with it! Thank you so much for sharing your photo's with us.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
What a totally active thread!..i'm so eager to post again..but right now just have the time to say that "Bren..you are so fortunate to have that much success with your eyes!"...do you feel there is any emotional healing that is also leading to your accelerating beauty?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Bren, just seeing your results is extremely motivating. My under-eye area looks similar to yours in your "before" pic, so your pics were so nice to see!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bren - Thanks for sharing. Every picture told a good story. It's very encouraging of you to share with our Team here!

I'm using the prolight red (for collagen boosting and light lines) as well as a powerhouse approach to Facial Exercise (Lou Lou's Ageless about every day - 6 days/week and FE 3 or 4 days a week). I so wish I had taken pictures to use for comparison. I need a digital camara. (wah) I'd rather buy facial toys.... Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
... I'm using the prolight red (for collagen boosting and light lines) as well as a powerhouse approach to Facial Exercise (Lou Lou's Ageless about every day - 6 days/week and FE 3 or 4 days a week)...

Are you exercising 6 times a week? Do you have two separate sessions For Ageless and FE when they fall on the same day?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I average 6 days a week. Try to do everyday really, but sometimes fall short.

I do Ageless in the morning and then do FE at night (when I do it) - it's become relaxing to me. I listen to the CD and do the ones I like - that work for me...(maybe 20 from FE). And I throw in the Eva Frasier eye exercise and kiss the ceiling....sometimes.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sister sweets - twice a day! It is very impressive! Since some time ago I do facial exercises every other day. I do a merge of FE, Ageless, my own version of some exercises, and kiss the ceiling.
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
but as I have noticed, my right side seems to be more responsive than my left as the left is my worst side. Not sure why that is...

What a coincidence b/c I noticed the same lopsided results on my face today. Thought about it & have concluded that it might have something to do with being right handed. That is, I think I unconsciously bring more energy to bear on working the muscles on the right side of my face than my left. I do most of my chewing on the right side as well.

Just a thought....
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I just placed my order for the book. Hoping it will help with the area around my eyes - my primary concern.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:24 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Bethany, you really are an inspiration for me especially....to be plagued by those damn marionettes as well and how they make you feel, I know exactly where you are coming from. To hear and see your improvement, it gives me hope.

Bren, I noticed today that my face is looking way more defined (hollows under my cheeks), and my MLs continue to shrink. I need to take pics, but I just worked a 16 hour day...sleep comes before pics! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
bren21 wrote:
but as I have noticed, my right side seems to be more responsive than my left as the left is my worst side. Not sure why that is...

What a coincidence b/c I noticed the same lopsided results on my face today. Thought about it & have concluded that it might have something to do with being right handed. That is, I think I unconsciously bring more energy to bear on working the muscles on the right side of my face than my left. I do most of my chewing on the right side as well.

Just a thought....

My left side is slightly more responsive, and I am right handed. However, I when I paid attention, I could feel that I was putting a little more oomph on that side...now I am doing it on the right side instead.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:31 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I took some pics this morning and compared them to my early December photos prior to the Stim and Ageless....if my eyes do not deceive me, I think I am seeing some pretty good lifting in the upper lid/brow area...

As far as the NL's and marionettes....I do believe I see some improvement in the right side like I had suspected, it doesn't look so pouchy under my lip, my NL looks a tiny bit smoother as far as those fine surface lines go and my marionette looks like its filling in a bit...

Bren, your eye improvement is AWESOME...I do attribute some of that to the AALS because the LED does the same thing to mine when I use it (it is great at reducing any inflammation). However, after starting the facial exercises and massage, I have had less puffiness overall.

And I definitely see improvement in your lines too!

And you have WOW green eyes!

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
WOW, i am so far very impressed by all this. Can someone please tell me if there are excercises for the upper eyelid? my upper eyelid is droopy and would like to tone it.
INGLANA
5% products discount

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Dont really post, more of a observer, but just had to say that loulou's excersises are fantastic. Have done fe for 3 years and had hit a plateau , so when I read loulou had brought her own workout out I just had to give it ago. My results are subtle but positive and what I like about these excersises is no down time.I have laid off doing FE for the past 3 weeks and have decided to not do fe for 3 months therefor giving loulou excersises time to start to kick in and give my face a rest from fe, will then start slowly introducing certain fe excersises and take it from there, my advise to anyone doing both is caution, both programs are intense workouts and therfor you may overwork your face and not give the muscles time to build ,so please take this in to account more is not always better Sad
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
perhapsFEI wrote:
WOW, i am so far very impressed by all this. Can someone please tell me if there are excercises for the upper eyelid? my upper eyelid is droopy and would like to tone it.

Loulou's book has an exercise specifically for the upper eyelid.
perhapsFEI

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
i am excited to try this. thanx
coosi
5% products discount

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bren, Wow!
You have reinspired me, especially the eyes. Fabulous results! Again, WOW!

To everyone posting pictures, thank you so very much, it is so motivating to be able to see your progress, and so very appreciated.
Thank you to all of you!

Inglana, thank you for posting your information also. I was so motivated by the wonderful successes, I was gung ho to overdo I think. Now I'm wondering what the ideal schedule would be? I have read this entire thread, but not today Laughing and can't remember if anyone posted theirs, I have also printed and read the download.

For me, I think doing all the exercises each session will be best, but I'm wondering how often I should work my face? 4 X a week? And should the massage only be done on those days, as it is quite vigorous, or should we be massaging daily?

Another issue I'm having is fingernails Sad Mine are maybe 1/4 inch past the tips of my fingers (look short compared to my daughters!) but I'm having a difficult time gripping my face properly.

Anyone else had this problem, and any ideas (I realize I can whack off the nails, of course then I'll start nibbling them again, gross I know Embarassed )

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
coosi
Yes. The nails! I had to cut and file them down very short for the exercises. And they grow so fast I feel like I have to file before I exercise every other day. I do both days of Ageless on the same day, but do them every other day, so 3-4 X week. I do FE exercises in between, and massage every day just because it feels good! HTH

5% products discount

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am having trouble as well with the nails and making marks on my face from them but it goes away. I am also doing the facial massage as shown on the youtube massage as well and doing that when I lay in bed in the evenings... I am going to have to quit my full time job to keep up with all my "beauty treatments" there is just not enough hours in the day.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everybody...thanks for the support. It was nice to actually see some improvement with the 30 day photos, really, really nice...it makes you realize what you are doing is all worth while. I didn't even pay much attention to my upper lid area before starting these exercises and really, they weren't something I was worried about. It was just a pain that my cheapo eyeliner I love had to be re-applied every hour or 2. So that's when I tried the Jet Set by Smashbox which stayed on nicely, but hard sometimes to apply when it dried up in the little pot. Then like a week or so ago I tried out my cheapo again, much easier to apply and wouldn't you know it, it was still on my eyelid by mid-day! That got me to thinking something was happening up stairs!! ha ha...sure enough, Houston we have lift!Wink
Even though it was something I wasn't aiming for, I am sure glad it happened!

Jasmine...yeah, it sure does make you feel something good inside when you see positive changes on the outside happening. I tell ya, 4 months ago this was not the case...that one Juvederm shot back in September really turned my "down-in-the-dumps" attitude around and it has been on the up ever since then. It really did save my life so to speak along with all the women of this board...it was not long after my shot I came across EDS...

I to chew with my right side....I think I need to start paying more attention to the intensity of exercise of both sides like Bethany...perhaps I am giving more right sided effort seeing that is my dominant side...or maybe I am just not seeing much change in my left side due to it being more severe than my right. I guess it has a longer way to go!! ha ha....

But I agree Bethany...I attribute a lot of my under eye improvement to the AALS. I barely have any puffy/liney eye days any more...although when my skin dries out later in the day in this super cold weather we've been having lately, those lines seem to pop out more....I just moisturize and they go away. The Stim has been my wonder tool I have to say though and I have loved every second I have used it...I have no problem taking an hour/hour and a half to do my treatment nightly because I have seen some nice results from using it and I know it's working. If it wasn't, by now it would be sitting in a drawer somewhere!! ha ha....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany!! YES MORE PICS!!! I love hearing your NL's are fading away!!! That's what is keeping me going here...
My right NL seriously doesn't bother me all that much...it is that damn left one that I keep staring at!!! UGH! Not to mention that stupid marionette as well...
I hope in another month that darn lefty of mine will be fading away. Even if I see a little improvement in that baby I will be excited.

One thing I do with the exercises is trim my nails down to nubs...not really attractive and I am a total fake nail girl!! ha ha....but, it makes the gripping sooooo much easier. I had let my nails grow out a bit but had to cut them again because they got in the way and were breaking....
Another thing you can do if you have longer nails is to do the grips with your thumb pad and the whole side of your pointer finger (when looking at your pointer finger from the top, it would be the right side) if you can visualize that, I know it kind of hard without the visual but I don't know how else to explain it! ...I was doing that for a while when my nails were a bit longer and it worked well....but got sick of nails breaking and splitting so cut them off again! Now I just keep them nubby for more ease with the exercises.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
hi i'm new to these boards and i LOVE them -- i have a question -- I'm curious if there are any flex effect(ers) out there who have been doing loulou's program -- what have the results been compared to your results from FE. I've been doing FE for 2 years and i'm happy, but not thrilled, with my results, which I KNOW says more about me than the program-
i bought loulou's book yesterday after i took a look at her short video clips -- she looks GORGEOUS and sculpted, and the way she demonstrated the excercises (or was it massage -- not sure) i thought, this woman is ON TO SOMETHING...
I'll never stop doing FE, i love deb's program, but i'm super excited to see what loulou's developed...
m
ps
bethany - i spent all day on the Derma roller thread yesterday - you are/were SOOOOOOO helpful!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |