Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Just looking at a video alone wouldn't help completely in doing the exercises. For some of them, you wouldn't be able to see the muscle moving because the movement is so small. You can only appreciate it when you tense up the correct muscle. The video would be more for checking that we correctly position our fingers on the various parts of the face. We still have to read the book and the description of the exercises to fully appreciate it. Hmm...we wouldn't expect her to do this for free....after all, it takes time and trouble for her to do this. And her previous experience as a Flexeffects trainer does have value....so maybe we would have to pay for the video?

Actually, in thinking about this further, doing a YouTube video would essentially give the book away for free. So let's trash that idea. Maybe LouLou could do some webcam classes for a fee for people who need additional guidance?

Any time I was confused, I went back to the book and made sure that I:

1) Understood which muscle I need to be working
2) Practiced the facial movement BEFORE I grabbed any skin
3) Pinched the flesh as directed based on the pictures AND words
4) Could actually FEEL that muscle moving
5) Focused and made sure that I was not moving any unnecessary muscles at the same time (ex: I found myself frowning when I was squinting my eyes)

This is not just about grabbing your face and contorting it....it is about thinking and focusing on muscle resistance. You can't just mimic what you see on a video...it is more involved than that.

Think about it as exercising your brain cells and your patience until you get the hang of it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Webcam classes sound like a good idea.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I for one would be happy to purchase a video from LL, doing the exercises.. I just have a Gawd awful time with just the written words.

Wow fawnie, that's great that you are seeing results already... I love hearing that!

It's great to hear from Beth that 5 minutes is really all it takes.. That's right up my alley!

My one burning question to any of you who have this down pat, is do you have any advice to offer, on how to isolate the muscles....It seems that no matter which program/exercise I attempt, I can't keep my 'forehead' from getting into the act.. I already have 2 deep horizontal lines up there, and don't want to make matters worse..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I for one would be happy to purchase a video from LL, doing the exercises.. I just have a Gawd awful time with just the written words.

Wow fawnie, that's great that you are seeing results already... I love hearing that!

It's great to hear from Beth that 5 minutes is really all it takes.. That's right up my alley!

My one burning question to any of you who have this down pat, is do you have any advice to offer, on how to isolate the muscles....It seems that no matter which program/exercise I attempt, I can't keep my 'forehead' from getting into the act.. I already have 2 deep horizontal lines up there, and don't want to make matters worse..

Kassy, I just concentrate on feeling the muscle that is supposed to be moving, and try very hard to just move just that one. I'm sure some other things move a bit too, but the longer I do the exercises, the more I am able to isolate each muscle. But I do not look in the mirror when I do them, as I think that would distract me from "feeling" the movement (at least for me, YMMV).

I think relaxing and focusing is important too....I found that I was even tensing my stomach muscles during some of the exercises, and that is definitely not the goal!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Kassy, I just concentrate on feeling the muscle that is supposed to be moving, and try very hard to just move just that one. I'm sure some other things move a bit too, but the longer I do the exercises, the more I am able to isolate each muscle. But I do not look in the mirror when I do them, as I think that would distract me from "feeling" the movement (at least for me, YMMV).

I think relaxing and focusing is important too....I found that I was even tensing my stomach muscles during some of the exercises, and that is definitely not the goal!

I definitely agree on relaxing and focusing.. And as you said the longer you do it, the easier it will be to isolate and also have better control.

I'm looking forward to just having a day to really sit down uninterupted, and read the book through.. Up until now, it's just been a few pages here and there, and a half assed attempt at 1 or 2 exercises...

I also want to get serious about the massage aspect, because it does make sense that it would increase circulation, which is always a good thing... I don't think I'll ever be able to get over my fear of really digging in to the undereye area though.. (That tissue just doesn't have much spring in it's step for bouncing back at this age .. Shock )

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I also want to get serious about the massage aspect, because it does make sense that it would increase circulation, which is always a good thing... I don't think I'll ever be able to get over my fear of really digging in to the undereye area though.. (That tissue just doesn't have much spring in it's step for bouncing back at this age .. Shock )

I find all that massage pinching to be rather painful, but I do like the skin brushing for my face...I find that much easier to do that the massage. It may not be quite as effective, but I think the key is that I actually DO something to increase circulation, and do it regularly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Oh heck I've not been online for a couple of days. Sorry ...

About a video. the plan is to just do a homemade one and email it to people who have the book or download. That would show the ex quite clearly in terms of megapixels, but it'd be a bit amateurish Laughing I've just not managed to get round to it yet, but give me a few days...

It would be possible to do a proper DVD but it'd cost to make it and it's not fair if people who bought the book have to buy something else. I really want people to have the book because there's stuff in it I want to say. Would you all mind telling me what you'd prefer? Thanks

Bethany, I don't know whether skin brushing is better than pinching, but it makes sense to me that the skin behaves like any other organ in that it adapts to meet the demands you put on it. For the lungs it doesn't much matter whether it's biking or swimming you do for aerobic fitness, and I think it doesn't much matter how you give your skin a little push to regenerate itself quicker.

Bethany,(continued!)I need to thank you for recommending my book, and have many dermaroller questions that I'd like to ask you, but I'm away now for the weekend, so will PM you Monday if that's ok.

Thanks to all,

Loulou Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I love your 'plan' for the homemade one sent in the email.... And I'm sure none of us care about it being "amateurish".. If we can plainly see you demonstrating a few of the harder ones, it would be wonderful..

I'm not sure about this, but some of the members here have showed videos from their photobucket accounts... You can even have it password protected. (That would be a lot less work for you than sending individual emails).

If you do a more in depth DVD (like other programs), I would be willing to pay for it. I'm just throwing it out there, but I think $10. wouldn't be too much to ask.

One way or the other, for other visual learners like myself, I think 'seeing' it all in action, is really the only way we'll feel 'confident' that we are in fact doing it right .. Rolling Eyes

Well that's my 2 cents .. Laughing

Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I agree totally with Kassy. I bought the download a few days ago but have yet to print it out. A video would be a lovely complement to the book/download. Thanks again - I'm looking forward to becoming more ageless as I get older!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Lou Lou - thanks for being so positive for everyone - and willing to go the extra step. I love the exercises I have - I can feel them working all the way.

And yes, I hear you about the dermarolling. Gotta get into that! Don't know if I can go at it like Bethany though!.... And she says massage hurts Laughing

Sis
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
I have been doing Loulou's exercises for 5 days and I honestly think I notice a difference Shock

Like Kassy I have the Carol Maggio book, the Face Magic or something DVD, the Tua Viso facial exerciser etc. so I wasn't really expecting much but this is easy and quick - you don't need half an hour only 5 minutes.

After reading this thread from start to finish (maybe I need a more challenging job) I only have one question - what type of brush do you use for facial brushing?

Hi Alley:

I noticed you mentioned that you have a Tua Viso. How do you like it and what type of results have you seen with it, if any?

Thanks

Lisa
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
lisacollins00 wrote:
Alley wrote:
I have been doing Loulou's exercises for 5 days and I honestly think I notice a difference Shock

Like Kassy I have the Carol Maggio book, the Face Magic or something DVD, the Tua Viso facial exerciser etc. so I wasn't really expecting much but this is easy and quick - you don't need half an hour only 5 minutes.

After reading this thread from start to finish (maybe I need a more challenging job) I only have one question - what type of brush do you use for facial brushing?

Hi Alley:

I noticed you mentioned that you have a Tua Viso. How do you like it and what type of results have you seen with it, if any?

Thanks

Lisa

It looks like Lisa has started a thread on that, so hopefully Alley can answer there.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31637

There are also threads in the Skincare Tools forum if you search for Tua Viso.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Bethany,(continued!)I need to thank you for recommending my book, and have many dermaroller questions that I'd like to ask you, but I'm away now for the weekend, so will PM you Monday if that's ok.

No problem...feel free to PM me anytime!

5% products discount

Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm concerned that I'm waisting time and just not doing the excercises correctly.

They are a little unusual to say the least.Smile

So do you try to isolate a particular muscle (the muscle in the pic) by digging down into the face.. and then try to move that muscle? Is that it for starters?

I'd really feel better seeing the new video.. how much will it be.... and how soon before it's released?? Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having trouble feeling the muscle too - I've tried Bethany's suggestion of closing my eyes and concentrating but I just can't seem to feel any muscle getting a workout.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:
So do you try to isolate a particular muscle (the muscle in the pic) by digging down into the face.. and then try to move that muscle? Is that it for starters?

First try making the facial expressions that she mentions without digging in or pressing down....instead, just try to feel the muscles moving that she indicates in the book.

Once you feel those muscles, your goal is to actually try to restrict the muscle from moving to some degree (that is the "resistance" piece) by pinching or digging in while you TRY to move it by doing the facial movements that she specifies. The resistance will help build the muscle.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I downloaded the book last night(which still had pages misnumbered, by the way Confused ), and read thru it this evening. I DEFINITELY need to see a video of each exercise being performed. I read the phrase 'curl your upper lip up', for one example, and wasn't sure exactly what that meant. I think the video will serve as confirmation that we are indeed exercising correctly.

And, regarding the type of video, my vote is for whatever can be in my hands the fastest!! I certainly don't need anything professional...I have learned so many cool hair techniques from You Tube!!
Take Care
5% products discount

Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I hope it's in production as we speak....Smile

Nothing fancy.. just a little demo...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm in the same boat as you, and will be waiting patiently also.

brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I downloaded the book last night(which still had pages misnumbered, by the way

Okay, now I am really confused (I am quoting my own prior post, btw Laughing )
I just reread the whole thread. How can the download that I got last night still have the errors that Magica described? LouLou said that she fixed them and others verifed that.

LouLou - Can you help? I really wanted the perfected version.
havana8

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
I downloaded the book last night(which still had pages misnumbered, by the way

Okay, now I am really confused (I am quoting my own prior post, btw Laughing )
I just reread the whole thread. How can the download that I got last night still have the errors that Magica described? LouLou said that she fixed them and others verifed that.

LouLou - Can you help? I really wanted the perfected version.

The download link must not have been updated with the revised file yet. Wasn't the replacement pdf sent by email? Probably better to email her:

LouiseAnnetteUk@aol.com
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I'd be interested in a video (well, dvd) as I'm no good with exercises on paper!

I want to try FlexEffect too but I'm not sure how time consuming it is, versus LouLou's exercises.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Ah, I read it elsewhere..Flexeffect is 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week. LouLou's is 5 minutes, 4 days a week. Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Take Care
5% products discount

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Kassy and Bren..

How are you doing with your exercises?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Take Care wrote:
Kassy and Bren..

How are you doing with your exercises?

I'm just booting the last of my week long company extravaganza out the door, so other than trying one or two exercises out while reading the book in bed, I haven't been able to really do a 'routine'.

I'm also trying to spend any extra time I have at the FE forum, because I want to take advantage of that as well.. (I've managed to finally get the massage squared away, and a couple of questions sorted out thanks to Claudia + Sean)

For me, I have an easier understanding of the directions for exercise in Debs book, and of course seeing the 14 on DVD is a no brainer for me.. I hope LouLou will be able to put a video together as well, because for some of us, it just really is a necessity.

Ultimately I would like to be able to alternate the two programs if that's possible, with a goal to a few times per week..(More if I can handle it!)

What I really need though is a boot in the arse for motivation.. I really abhor exercise in all forms. Hence the attraction to 5 minutes a day.. :

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |