Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
denham wrote:
Mrs Kassy posted this on the STOP thread:

Kassy_A wrote:
Regarding facial exercise programs... LouLou's Ageless, gives a beautifully tapered feminine jawline, and Flex Effect gives a wide, square, more masculine jawline. (For me FE exercises would be a good thing, because God was having a Siesta the day my miserably weak jaw/chin was handed out.. But I will tell you honestly, that since Toby switched to the Ageless exercise, her jawline looks toned, firm and tapered....and is 500% prettier, and more feminine, than what it looked like when doing FE..

Hmm - like Kassy I am also looking for more definition in my chin/jaw area, which is something i feel my face lacks + as a guy i think i could benefit from "the wide square more masculine" look. would you suggest substituting FE exercises for the chin /jaw within my newly started ageless routine?

Wow this is amazing info. I have been doing flex effect for two years and one of my only complaints is my jaw line - it looks much better than the sagging jowly one i had, so i shoudn't complain too much, but it's a bit "much" and yes, i often feel it's masculine - i keep wondering where my prettier jaw line went. Is Toby on these boards and has she posted regarding the shift in her jaw line?
I just got Ageless and like it alot, AND i'm glad i have the 2 years of flexing under my belt. I did "Day 1" and then went to a weekly woman's group and i got a few compliments on how radiant i looked. One woman said, i never noticed how beautiful your cheek bones are - i'm thinking, there is NO way 1 day of agless could do that - but perhaps because i already had the build this pumped the muscle up just a touch more for a couple hours....

LOULOU - bravo - i love it! i was cracking up the whole time reciting the phrases - especially when i looked anything but happy contorting my face to the max.
oh, and of course i held them for about 10/15 secs. each (how did i manage to drag 5 minutes out to 1/2 hour) Very effective!
xo
m
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just hope that we don't have to launch into yet more Ageless vs. FlexEffect discussions on this particular thread.

Sometimes I think I am actually on the FlexEffect thread, even though the title says Ageless.

Yes, this is the Ageless thread. It's time we reigned it in.

There is a flexeffect thread out there I believe or perhaps someone would like to start a comparative thread.

In any case Toby's jaw is looking mighty lovely doing her Ageless routine. But I know she has had great results with other programs also.

It does stand to reason if you work that part of your face in a concentrated way it may broaden and acquire a little more squared off appearance. I have seen this. But everyone is different and has different wants.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Back on the subject of Ageless then Very Happy.....those that have been doing Ageless for a while, have you ever added more reps at any point down the road? I would think after doing the exercises for a while your face would acclimate itself somewhat to your routine and it would be productive or give the face a kick to up the reps of the exercises...do you find this is not necessary with Ageless or just too much? By the way, I have a very square type jaw line....I would say a bit masculine for a woman, but I like it! ha ha....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
mlrox posted in another thread that you can pm loulou for a few exercises to try first before purchase the book. Which one is loulou's user name? I pm'd someone called otherloulou the other day, but I'm afraid she might not be the same loulou of ageless.

ruk1 - otherloulou is the one to PM about Ageless. otherloulou is LouLou, the author of Ageless.

Ruk1, LouLou recently had surgery, so I am sure that is why you may not have heard from her quickly.

Still haven't heard from loulou, but it's probably because of the surgery, she's still trying to go through all email messages.

Loulou, if you are reading this, I hope you are feeling better from your surgery.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, you looked beautiful in the pictures bren21 posted of you. Is your secret all from loulou's ageless exercises? Can you share what other secrets you are using to look so young and ageless? Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Okay I will tread where no man or woman Laughing dares to go Laughing

April 2007 I started a facial exercising program at age 51 after losing 9 pounds to my ideal small frame weight. I had some sag and the weight loss really added more. The program was fair but not strong enough and I had no support on a daily basis.

June 2007 I started Flexeffect facial exercise and massage. I had instant results and at six months looked like a different person. At 12 months of flexing I sent my pictures to Rita at Prolight. She had my before and after pictures on her computer screen when one of her engineers came in and said, "Wow that woman had a great face lift." Rita told him it was not a face lift it was the result of facial exercises. Rita said he argued and didn't believed her. Rita had told me before she even saw my pictures that I facial exercises were the key to dealing with sag. She said I will sell you a light and it can improve your skin but facial exercises will tone and deal with the sag. I owe flexeffect credit for picking my face up off the floor Laughing I needed a program that provided daily support and I think my entire face needed and got lifted from every muscle. I worked out 6 days a week for 28 minutes. I posted regularly on the forum and got instant feedback from trainers. I relied on Sean and Lou(current author of Ageless then a trainer for FlexEffect) that and did intensive training with both. Sean spent several weeks tweaking some issues and also Lou spent several weeks with me as well. I achieved all I had set out for and more but I still needed additional smoothing out with the lower face. I had some pooching or pouching Rolling Eyes in the lower face area. I need to add here that I am not sure that I was totally doing the advanced lower face exercises correctly and that may have been part of the issue.

Sept.11,2009 My father had an accident, had to have surgery, and rehab for two months. At the same time my mother developed a heart condition that was serious. I am an only child and was helping with their care while working a very demanding full time job. I lost ground with my routine with Flexeffect. I went several months exercising very little but fortunately my face still looked pretty good. In Nov. I bought Lou's program. I could handle five exercises a day and massage. So in Nov. I started Lou's program. When I saw that I could daily do the exercises I choose not to add flexeffect back in because I wanted to see what Lou's program would do alone. I decided to give it three-six months. I was not afraid to drop Flexeffect because I knew muscle has memory and I could pick it up at any time. My results now are my cheeks are very lifted, my lower face is less built and of course Stop and Tua Viso have entered the picture and done their share of cleaning up the slack as well. I am not ready to say one program over another. Right now Lou's program offers a quick daily routine I can manage. Will I go back and add some of flexeffect? If I was a betting woman I would say probably so. But right now I want to run the three-six month experiment and see what develops. I have developed enough feel for my face to appreciate exercises from both programs but this three-to six month test is just for one program. Some have viewed my pictures and have liked the lower face results from Lou's program and others have liked it from Flexeffect. Flexeffect is fuller, and Ageless is more narrow. At this point it probably is a personal preference because both are nice Rolling Eyes not meaning to brag just comparing to how I looked before facial exercises. At the end of six months I will share my results and maybe some pictures if you are interested.
It has been said before by several people on this forum that Flexeffect is a more comprehensive involving all the facial muscles that lift and build. Ageless is a program specifically focused on muscles that lift. I think the choice of programs has to do with what condition your face is in and exactly what you are wanting to achieve. Also in choosing a program you need to consider how much assistance and support you need to maintain momentum with an exercising program. When I started in 2007 I needed daily support and when I had a question and needed it quickly. Also I needed someone trained with lots of experience.I also needed a forum for support. I came to EDS in 2007 and asked questions about facial exercises and got very little response, later went to the Flexeffect forum. A lot has changed in the mindset of facial exercises on the internet within the last two years thanks to Flexeffect, Dare to be Ageless, and other programs. The fact that we are asking which facial exercising program should we use in stead of does facial exercise work speaks volumes to the success that has been experienced by facial exercise programs. We have come a long way BABY Laughing
Now will I buy Debs new book when it comes out? You better believe it. Her book years after publication is still valid. If Lou produces more dvds or books will I buy? Absolutely. Lou has a positive approach to aging and lifting the face that is freeing. Facial exercises and information information about them are investments in my future and I will not leave a stone unturned.
Toby(Ann on Flexeffect Forum)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
bethany wrote:
I just hope that we don't have to launch into yet more Ageless vs. FlexEffect discussions on this particular thread.

Sometimes I think I am actually on the FlexEffect thread, even though the title says Ageless.

Yes, this is the Ageless thread. It's time we reigned it in.

There is a flexeffect thread out there I believe or perhaps someone would like to start a comparative thread.

PLEASE post any questions related to comparing programs on the general Facial Exercise thread on the Skincare and Makeup Forum:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697

PLEASE post any questions specific to FlexEffect on the thread dedicated to that program on the Skincare and Makeup Forum:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26056

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
those that have been doing Ageless for a while, have you ever added more reps at any point down the road?

I have been wondering the same thing. Since my two areas that I really need help with are the under-eye area, and the marionette lines, I tend to want to do more of those than the routine calls for.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
deelighted wrote:
bren21 wrote:
those that have been doing Ageless for a while, have you ever added more reps at any point down the road?

I have been wondering the same thing. Since my two areas that I really need help with are the under-eye area, and the marionette lines, I tend to want to do more of those than the routine calls for.

I did, and quickly developed that "tired" look that LouLou mentioned...I then decided that sometimes less is more! After I backed off, I quickly went back to normal.

BTW, I asked LL what her view was, and she said that if we felt we could do more, then we should start doing both days at the same time instead of adding more reps.

I think that it is also key to work the exercises as hard as you can (slowly and methodically)...if I do that, my facial muscles and hand muscles are pretty pooped with the usual number of reps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia,
you look great
the more i peruse this site, the more i find to make a more beuatiful me...
thank you for sharing
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, that link for the general facial exercise thread that is overwhelming. I don't think I could easily find a comparison between Ageless and FE very easily. Perhaps a new thread that specifically compares the two. I would find it very interesting.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Bethany, that link for the general facial exercise thread that is overwhelming. I don't think I could easily find a comparison between Ageless and FE very easily. Perhaps a new thread that specifically compares the two. I would find it very interesting.

Ruk - Feel free to start one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I will start one up in the skincare forum.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany....true about slowing down and concentrating more at the exercises. I have been trying to do that the last week, will avoid adding reps though as I don't need to look any more tired than I do now! Laughing

Do you do both in one day? If so, at the same time or different times of the day?

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hi Zephyr,

I really think that curling exercise that LouLou has (Exercise #10 Fuller Lips) produces more of an upwards curve to the lip. Botox in the philtrum is supposed to do the same thing.

Hi everyone,

this is very interesting, I never knew you could put botox in the lip area, exactly what effect would this have ?

many many thanks
Jackie x
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Antonia wrote:
Hi Zephyr,

I really think that curling exercise that LouLou has (Exercise #10 Fuller Lips) produces more of an upwards curve to the lip. Botox in the philtrum is supposed to do the same thing.

Hi everyone,

this is very interesting, I never knew you could put botox in the lip area, exactly what effect would this have ?

many many thanks

I had a little botox put in my lips once. It smoothed out most of the lines on upper lip when I puckered.
I'm so excited..I just ordered the book, I can't wait to get it and I hope I am more consistent at face exercise than I am at body workouts Smile
Now drolling over the stop...
Jackie x
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I started a facial exercising program at age 51 after losing 9 pounds to my ideal small frame weight. I had some sag and the weight loss really added more.
This is another area where no man or woman has dared to go, weight. Whether you've lost weight or have been small all along, the amount of fat we carry around figures significantly into the equation. Plump gals may wish they could take off a few, but they actually have the advantage over us thin folks in the facial area. The French say a woman must choose between her body and her face. Thin body, and she will have to deal with wrinkling. I wish in addition to posting our skin types, we would give some indication of body type.....

I'm doing Carol Maggio first thing in the morning, have been for about a year, and have added the Ageless exercises in the evening. Since I don't like to pull out my books every time, I've memorized them in order, for both kinds of exercise.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I think that it is also key to work the exercises as hard as you can (slowly and methodically)...if I do that, my facial muscles and hand muscles are pretty pooped with the usual number of reps.

Hmmmmm...good point. I think I will first make sure I am getting the most out of each movement before I decide to tackle doing more.

Thanks for the tip!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Toby...Thank you sooooo much for telling your facial exercise history. I actually learned more from your most recent post, than I did from reading pages and pages of this thread. It isn't a big deal to me that a comparison between FE and Ageless is on here, rather it is quite helpful to those of us that are new to facial exercise. So the jawline issue to huge for me since I have a thin face and would love to broaden my jawline. Now I know that I need to concentrate a little more heavily on FE, than Ageless. Thanks again! PS,

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Quote:
I started a facial exercising program at age 51 after losing 9 pounds to my ideal small frame weight. I had some sag and the weight loss really added more.
This is another area where no man or woman has dared to go, weight. Whether you've lost weight or have been small all along, the amount of fat we carry around figures significantly into the equation. Plump gals may wish they could take off a few, but they actually have the advantage over us thin folks in the facial area. The French say a woman must choose between her body and her face. Thin body, and she will have to deal with wrinkling. I wish in addition to posting our skin types, we would give some indication of body type.....

I'm doing Carol Maggio first thing in the morning, have been for about a year, and have added the Ageless exercises in the evening. Since I don't like to pull out my books every time, I've memorized them in order, for both kinds of exercise.

catballou - I am 5'4" - 5'5" slender person. I am already in ideal weight range, and do not have wrinkles. It is very achievale to be slim & without wrinkles, and we do not need to choose either body or face, we can have both!!!! Laughing
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

catballou - I am 5'4" - 5'5" slender person. I am already in ideal weight range, and do not have wrinkles. It is very achievale to be slim & without wrinkles, and we do not need to choose either body or face, we can have both!!!!

Hi, mpstat. I'm sure it's achievable, but weight definitely figures into this. Plump people do seem to age better than skinny people. I'm a good deal below "ideal weight" because, with my small frame, if I weighed within the upper ranges that those charts show for my height, I would look like a marshmallow. What is your age? I was telling someone yesterday that I wish I had known at 30 what I know now.........I wouldn't have lain out in the sun wearing nothing but baby oil!! Either the info just wasn't out there, or I was totally oblivious to it. Rolling Eyes

I don't actually have wrinkles, but I'm fighting to restore the plumpness of my facial skin. But I didn't mean to get us off topic, just an observation, and facial exercises are a revelation to me. I've always treated my face as if were fragile as glass, and now I'm twisting and pinching all over the place!

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
catballou - I agree with you that people with extra weight have an advantage over skinny people in respect to facial fat. As we age plump people faces usually stay smoother and nicer looking then skinny people faces. That is when facial exercises come into light and help us to add volume to our faces with plump toned muscles, and we can have both slim bodies & youthful plumper faces!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I've started to get confused about who has asked what, who needs a reply, etc... there's so much going on in this one thread, so I've started a message board in order to separate out the various topics. Please post whatever you'd like to ask.
http://members4.boardhost.com/ageless/index.html?1233335582

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Also LouLou has a forum where we can post questions! Smile http://www.louiseannette.co.uk/page_1224748238484.html
There is no membership needed to ask questions.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ive tried to keep up with this thread since the start - but I lost some days and am now up to pg 42...

ANYWAY.... I have a few questions...

1. Ive been using hte program for a month maybe - 4/5 times a week. I cant really see a difference...

so is it possible Im not pulling hard enough??? I definitely try...

I know that my thumbs REALLY start getting sore quickly. Dont know if anyone else has that issue - but it sucks because I feel more sore in my thumbs than in my face after the exercises. I dont really feel anything in my face afterwards.

2. 10 years ago i did a lot of stupid things such as cheek/chin implants - sculptra etc. Would these exercises still benefit me?

3. LouLou are you going to make another video for better examples of how to do the exercises? Im 80% sure Im doing them right....

THANKS
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |