Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tish
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Holy cow Bethany! Those are some pretty amazing results. The exercises definitely work.

I have been doing FE for about a year and just started the Ageless a few weeks ago. I definitely get some different results from the Ageless. It seems like it really helps the jowl area.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I do all of the Ageless exercises in the recommended amounts, so I can't say that it is just one exercise that is contributing. But anything involving the cheeks (all 5 of Day 1 and #6) will help lift that area up and out. I tried tweaking the program at the beginning, but quickly returned to the recommended regimen.

Here are a few things I learned:

- I ensure that I work my muscles slowly and methodically, working the muscle to the max, pausing between each rep, and NOT rushing through it. (there is no need to rush since the program is so short anyway!)

- At the beginning, my hands were VERY weak, and hurt more than my facial muscles when exercising, so I stuck to rotating Day 1 and Day 2 and did each 2x a week.

- When my hands became stronger, I did Day 1 and Day 2 on the same day, and did them about 3x week....I did not start this until about the 3rd month.

- I do not do more than the recommended counts for each exercise.

- I make sure to take a day off after exercising as LouLou recommends to keep my muscles from looking overworked.

- I do try to massage or skin brush several times a week, though I should probably do it more often. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Nimue... I gradually started in my teens... doing more in my mid twenties, and early 30's. Now I do a full program and massage... and when I'm waaaaayyyyyyy too busy... I massage!

Claudia - Do you only do Flex Effect or are you now incorporating Ageless?
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I am buying, thanks. Shock I have been doing a lot of research and wanted to get Carol Maggios program or Flexeffect but I watched Loulou's video and I think Ageless is the best. Although the video is great and I can perfectly see and understand what she is doing, and don't really need any explanations, I will buy the book as well to be honest. Some exercises DO make things worse (like that mouth device, it's horrible, esp for nasolabial lines), the idea of holding skin/muscles on face is great and I know it sounds bad for some but it will actually prevent more wrinkling. I have been doing some facial exercises (for eyes, 11 lines, neck) for years, on and off, mostly off Bad Grin , they do work. I will probably get flexeffect later, it's just too expensive. I tried all exercises yesterday and I saw the difference, no kidding. Though I only don't understand what's the difference between 3 and 4, they look exactly the same to me, I hope the book explains it. Sorry for spelling, not native English speaker. Thanks.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Bethany

Your improvement is impressive. You had posted these pictures before and i contemplated which excercises helped most because the change was so profound - do you think it's the excercise where we pull our cheeks into our teeth (crushing fruit)? or just a cumulative effect - everything lifting up and out?

I must weigh in here on Ageless. I went out w/ some friends tonight i haven't seen in a couple months - not since the time that i've derma rolled and begun Ageless - no one commented JACK!! and i have to admit i was disappointed, 'cause i thought i looked great Rolling Eyes -well,as the night went on and we got into a conversation about beauty, 2 of my friends turned to me simultaneously and said what the BLEEP are you doing - one friend said she had been taking in how beautiful i looked all night and asked if it was a man or a cream -- i had to confess there was no cream, (but yes, there was a man Very Happy) I'll give her all the details (about ageless) tomorrow in private! (she already has FE, but hasn't used it(she looks good))
My personal assessment - Ageless has popped and "youthified" (new word) my face in a way that Flexing never has - I have not done any jawline excersices since i got ageless (a week and a 1/2) and i can already see my jawline softening in to a softer feminine angle....THAT BEING SAID - i don't think my face would have popped so beautifully if it weren't for FE's foundation - also - i can see where Ageless doesn't hit places that really need help (for me) - like the area on the bridge of my nose or my forhead lines (FE ROCKS for this) I will cherish both programs - loulou's 'cause it's got this magical youth component and FE because it taught me about the subtle sags and wrinkles that contribute to ageing, which i never really knew, and how to soften them-- like the chin fold or the bridge of the nose.
thanks for listening
m
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:13 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
I am buying, thanks. Shock I have been doing a lot of research and wanted to get Carol Maggios program or Flexeffect but I watched Loulou's video and I think Ageless is the best. Although the video is great and I can perfectly see and understand what she is doing, and don't really need any explanations, I will buy the book as well to be honest. Some exercises DO make things worse (like that mouth device, it's horrible, esp for nasolabial lines), the idea of holding skin/muscles on face is great and I know it sounds bad for some but it will actually prevent more wrinkling. I have been doing some facial exercises (for eyes, 11 lines, neck) for years, on and off, mostly off Bad Grin , they do work. I will probably get flexeffect later, it's just too expensive. I tried all exercises yesterday and I saw the difference, no kidding. Though I only don't understand what's the difference between 3 and 4, they look exactly the same to me, I hope the book explains it. Sorry for spelling, not native English speaker. Thanks.

Don't waste your money on Carole Maggio - invest in flexeffect.

hmmm...I amazed you actually know what loulou is doing in her video...i've been facial excercising for 2 years and i was thinking - why the hell is she blowing air into her cheeks -- that is useless --
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
baldabek2000 wrote:

hmmm...I amazed you actually know what loulou is doing in her video...i've been facial excercising for 2 years and i was thinking - why the hell is she blowing air into her cheeks -- that is useless --

Laughing yes, blowing up cheeks is useless!

q. What do you call an adult balloon?
a. A blown up! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:00 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
Bethany

Your improvement is impressive. You had posted these pictures before and i contemplated which excercises helped most because the change was so profound - do you think it's the excercise where we pull our cheeks into our teeth (crushing fruit)? or just a cumulative effect - everything lifting up and out?

I must weigh in here on Ageless. I went out w/ some friends tonight i haven't seen in a couple months - not since the time that i've derma rolled and begun Ageless - no one commented JACK!! and i have to admit i was disappointed, 'cause i thought i looked great Rolling Eyes -well,as the night went on and we got into a conversation about beauty, 2 of my friends turned to me simultaneously and said what the BLEEP are you doing - one friend said she had been taking in how beautiful i looked all night and asked if it was a man or a cream -- i had to confess there was no cream, (but yes, there was a man Very Happy) I'll give her all the details (about ageless) tomorrow in private! (she already has FE, but hasn't used it(she looks good))
My personal assessment - Ageless has popped and "youthified" (new word) my face in a way that Flexing never has - I have not done any jawline excersices since i got ageless (a week and a 1/2) and i can already see my jawline softening in to a softer feminine angle....THAT BEING SAID - i don't think my face would have popped so beautifully if it weren't for FE's foundation - also - i can see where Ageless doesn't hit places that really need help (for me) - like the area on the bridge of my nose or my forhead lines (FE ROCKS for this) I will cherish both programs - loulou's 'cause it's got this magical youth component and FE because it taught me about the subtle sags and wrinkles that contribute to ageing, which i never really knew, and how to soften them-- like the chin fold or the bridge of the nose.
thanks for listening
m

Hi ya Moongoddess Smile

I'm glad you're looking BLEEP hot! Thanks for your really heartening feedback and congrats on the man Razz Very Happy

Just to say, ageless does have ex for the forehead, and the bridge of the nose, and the chin fold, except that you only do them occasionally to make em firm. All these areas should improve with just this little amount of work You can do them more often if you like, tho (except that I'm still not quite sure about doing the forehead lines frequently for most people) Cool

Anyway... fantastic that you're lookin' good! xx

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
I only don't understand what's the difference between 3 and 4, they look exactly the same to me, I hope the book explains it.

Yes - the book will describe the small movements that don't show up on the camera that make the two exercises different from each other.

I'm glad you decided to try the program. As you can see by reading this thread and seeing the before and after pictures that Bethany posted, this program really works!

Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Can you tell me how I can obtain the video if I'm purchasing the download?
Thanks,
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
baldabek2000 wrote:

Laughing yes, blowing up cheeks is useless!

q. What do you call an adult balloon?
a. A blown up! Laughing

hi loulou

so you know - i knew you would never give us any Carol Maggio fluff so i knew there had to be more to that movement (and that you were just showing us a way to relate to the excercise) - but i'm imagining baldabek, not having the book, thought it was an actual excercise...and so i was subtley trying to tell her SHE probably doesn't actually know what your doing...not that YOU don't know what you're doing... Smile --

hugs
m
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi ya Moongoddess Smile

I'm glad you're looking BLEEP hot! Thanks for your really heartening feedback and congrats on the man Razz Very Happy

Just to say, ageless does have ex for the forehead, and the bridge of the nose, and the chin fold, except that you only do them occasionally to make em firm. All these areas should improve with just this little amount of work You can do them more often if you like, tho (except that I'm still not quite sure about doing the forehead lines frequently for most people) Cool

Hi again LL

Ya - ya know what, I need to look at those optional excercises again - i think when i saw once a month I disregarded (and maybe even forgot) them - not because I didn't think they were good, but because it was easier to fall back on my flexing -
I HAVE TO ASK - how can it be that a once/2x a month tweak helps??? do the muscels really need that little excercise to develop?
I have so many questions for you as i see ageless sweetening my face (have you given' up flexing completely-did you feel your face was becoming to "hard" thru flexing so got to work balancing it-do you think fe layed the foundation for ageless- maybe these are better answered in a pm (or even asked, oh well, too late-and you know me...)
Also, i feel like my lip lines are diminishing (something that i could barely budge in the pst 2 years) Do you think this is from sexy beast and crush?? (or the XY (code for man) Laughing)

FInally, while i will stand by FE effectiveness and depth- i have to say loulou -everyday, a little more, i think "she is a genious".
((( h u g s
m
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
otherloulou wrote:

Hi ya Moongoddess Smile

Hi again LL

Ya - ya know what, I need to look at those optional excercises again - i think when i saw once a month I disregarded (and maybe even forgot) them - not because I didn't think they were good, but because it was easier to fall back on my flexing -
I HAVE TO ASK - how can it be that a once/2x a month tweak helps??? do the muscels really need that little excercise to develop?
I have so many questions for you as i see ageless sweetening my face (have you given' up flexing completely-did you feel your face was becoming to "hard" thru flexing so got to work balancing it-do you think fe layed the foundation for ageless- maybe these are better answered in a pm (or even asked, oh well, too late-and you know me...)
Also, i feel like my lip lines are diminishing (something that i could barely budge in the pst 2 years) Do you think this is from sexy beast and crush?? (or the XY (code for man) Laughing)

FInally, while i will stand by FE effectiveness and depth- i have to say loulou -everyday, a little more, i think "she is a genious".
((( h u g s
m

Hey, I know you know I know about the cheek blowing! It just made me laugh to think how the vid might look if nobody explained it Laughing

Reading your mind... I agree that wouldn't be fair to talk about another programme here, so I'll PM you about that, but in general terms I think that some muscles need to be strong tight and round to enhance your face and make you look pretty, others I think don't benefit from being built beyond the point where they lie smooth (and so hold the skin flat)... return to the youthful state when they had the elasticity to snap back to a firm, flat resting state. I don't think it takes an awful lot of exercise to achieve this, plus the ex are very intense so have an effect very early. The reason the ex are occasional, rather than doing them all at the beginning then stopping, is that I think your face looks and feels its best when the muscles develop in this sort of ratio... ie a lot of progress in the beautifying muscles, without giving the downturners a lot of attention. I think you feel happier and look prettier when the muscles that lift the face up are much stronger than those that pull it down! The muscles that produce unhappy expressions need to be firm, but not developed beyond that.

((((hugs) to you. I'm absolutely chuffed you think I'm clever yay! Very Happy

LL xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Just a gentle reminder that there are plenty of other threads on the Skincare and Makeup forum where we can talk about BOTH Ageless and FlexEffect....including the thread that specifically was created to compare the 2 programs.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32485&highlight=ageless

But let's try to keep this thread focused exclusively on Ageless.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:59 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just a gentle reminder that there are plenty of other threads on the Skincare and Makeup forum where we can talk about BOTH Ageless and FlexEffect....including the thread that specifically was created to compare the 2 programs.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32485&highlight=ageless

But let's try to keep this thread focused exclusively on Ageless.

yes - these things evolve so quickly-and they overlap in so many places and before you know it you're no longer talking exclusively about AGEless...or in this case, anything...hey BTW is there a thread for XY? Wink

GRACIAS LOULOU
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I sent this pm to loulou but had no reply so was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

........."Hi Loulou,I've been doing the 'Ageless' for 2 or 3 weeks and I love the 'crush' exercise for the way it gives my cheeks a hollowed out appearance.

I don't have the flex effect programme but have read quite a bit on the forum, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they advise that the buccinators do initially give that gaunt look but eventually they fill the cheeks out (and in doing so lose the look?) which I don't really want. What do you suggest to maintain the 'hollows'?

My results so far have been brilliant and I really can't thank you enough for your fab book. I've used various 'muscle stimulators' i.e. the rejuvenique, both the original and latest 'cleo', flewaway and facial flex but this is far superior to all of those! "......

Many thanks. x
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
by the way, I skipped balloons, I did mostly first part, also lips and NL stuff from second video. I don't pinch upper lids, I put 3 fingers below brows/orbital bone, and close eyelids. I am 35, I started doing facial exercises when I was 20. I wore contacts and had some kind of allergy or something, my eye would get really puffy which made tiny lines under my eyes turn into huge deep wrinkles. Then I just started doing everything, top, lower eyelids, crows, 11 lines, forehead, neck etc except the cheeks since I had no problems there (I have now). But I haven't been doing them regularly. When I see a cute double chin forming or upper lid getting lower, I start exercising. My friend kept telling me you are stretching your lids, don't do it, it's not good, well she has long deep wrinkles under her eyes now , and I don't Wink Anyways, I tried several exercises for cheeks, they all make NL to stand out. Loulou's exercises from the video did not make anything worse, I wasn't kidding when I told I saw the difference right away, ok temporary, I am not silly, I know you have to do it longer than just one day to talk about results, but you can tell it's going to work. The reason why I am not buying Flexeffect is because I don't want to pay so much money and get the same exercises I have been doing for years... Can you tell me, please, is it the same stuff we all know about, just put together into some program?? Thank you very much.
I am sorry if I am off the topic, I posted the message before I saw the warning, I went through 31+45 pages of reading yesterday, I don't want any other threads!! Shock
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Loulou, I was wondering about cheeks, it didn't look like your style at all, but I didn't know it was a joke Very Happy I will read the book
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
Hi ya Moongoddess Smile

Hi again LL

((( h u g s
m

Hey, I know you know I know about the cheek blowing! It just made me laugh to think how the vid might look if nobody explained it Laughing

Reading your mind... I agree that wouldn't be fair to talk about another programme here, so I'll PM you about that, but in general terms I think that some muscles need to be strong tight and round to enhance your face and make you look pretty, others I think don't benefit from being built beyond the point where they lie smooth (and so hold the skin flat)... return to the youthful state when they had the elasticity to snap back to a firm, flat resting state. I don't think it takes an awful lot of exercise to achieve this, plus the ex are very intense so have an effect very early. The reason the ex are occasional, rather than doing them all at the beginning then stopping, is that I think your face looks and feels its best when the muscles develop in this sort of ratio... ie a lot of progress in the beautifying muscles, without giving the downturners a lot of attention. I think you feel happier and look prettier when the muscles that lift the face up are much stronger than those that pull it down! The muscles that produce unhappy expressions need to be firm, but not developed beyond that.

((((hugs) to you. I'm absolutely chuffed you think I'm clever yay! Very Happy

LL xx

Lou Lou - You are the sweetest of all! I always feel the love. Sis
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany:
Thank you for posting the photos. By looking at your photos give me a lot of encouragement. I admire your spirit. I also saw another photos of your from another thread. The spots on your face are totally gone. I still have a lot on my face. Excellent job, bethany.

Would someone please explain a little detail of exercise 6 - Crush. I saw lou lou blowing balloon before she demonstrated the step. But when she demonstrated the step, she did not blow up her cheek. The book on step 4 wrote: use the cheek muscles to pull flesh back to the face. If I pull my flesh back to my face, I suck my cheek in and my mouth like kissing. Shock Did I do it right?

Suk Han
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:
bethany:
Thank you for posting the photos. By looking at your photos give me a lot of encouragement. I admire your spirit. I also saw another photos of your from another thread. The spots on your face are totally gone. I still have a lot on my face. Excellent job, bethany.

Would someone please explain a little detail of exercise 6 - Crush. I saw lou lou blowing balloon before she demonstrated the step. But when she demonstrated the step, she did not blow up her cheek. The book on step 4 wrote: use the cheek muscles to pull flesh back to the face. If I pull my flesh back to my face, I suck my cheek in and my mouth like kissing. Shock Did I do it right?

Suk Han

Suk, my spots are back somewhat because I was bad and didn't use my sunscreen regularly. Sad

You are exactly correct that no balloons are necessary on the Crush...LL was trying to indicate the muscle, but perhaps confused people in the process since there was no audio component.

When I do the Crush, I grip my skin as recommended, and try to pull my skin back to the very back of my teeth....there is no kissing motion of my mouth at all, because you are working the muscle near the back of your teeth (not near your mouth). My lips stay shut throughout the exercise, and really do not move much at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
you may need some tissue between hand and skin to keep a tight hold.

The tissue suggestion is PURE GENIUS...I just tried it for the first time with 1 square of toilet paper (perfectly sized!) in each hand, and it made a HUGE difference.

I was working my muscles hard before, but this took it to a whole new level! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
moongoddess wrote:
you may need some tissue between hand and skin to keep a tight hold.

The tissue suggestion is PURE GENIUS...I just tried it for the first time with 1 square of toilet paper (perfectly sized!) in each hand, and it made a HUGE difference.

I was working my muscles hard before, but this took it to a whole new level! Shock

Yes, the tissue is the difference. Helps with Fe too.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Sis, you are lovely

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Callie wrote:
Can you tell me how I can obtain the video if I'm purchasing the download?
Thanks,

Hi Callie, there's a link to the video on the last page of the book Wink

Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |