Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:01 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
Loulou, I was wondering about cheeks, it didn't look like your style at all, but I didn't know it was a joke Very Happy I will read the book

Hi baldabek Very Happy

Thanks for buying my book, yay! Very Happy

The puffed up cheeks isn't a joke, because it's there to show people how to find the muscle you need to use for the exercise... fill mouth with air, then squish it out with the cheeks. But I do look funny... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
xxstardustxx wrote:
Hi, I sent this pm to loulou but had no reply so was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions?

........."Hi Loulou,I've been doing the 'Ageless' for 2 or 3 weeks and I love the 'crush' exercise for the way it gives my cheeks a hollowed out appearance.

I don't have the flex effect programme but have read quite a bit on the forum, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they advise that the buccinators do initially give that gaunt look but eventually they fill the cheeks out (and in doing so lose the look?) which I don't really want. What do you suggest to maintain the 'hollows'?

My results so far have been brilliant and I really can't thank you enough for your fab book. I've used various 'muscle stimulators' i.e. the rejuvenique, both the original and latest 'cleo', flewaway and facial flex but this is far superior to all of those! "......

Many thanks. x

I'm so sorry Stardust, I'm really grateful that you bought my book, and didn't mean to ignore you, just ran out of time yesterday Neutral

You're absolutely right about the buccinator muscle... it does pull the cheek area in under the cheekbone, and in my experience it takes a very long time to thicken, and when it does you'll notice it happening and cut back accordingly.

In general when some part of your face is as you'd like it, you can transfer the exercise into your 'occasional' list. Eventually you'll only need to do your 'occasional' exercises once every six weeks or so, and have a really short daily routine yay! Very Happy Cool

((((hugs) and all best wishes, LL xx

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Eventually you'll only need to do your 'occasional' exercises once every six weeks or so, and have a really short daily routine yay! Very Happy Cool

So, loulou, the facial muscles you build will maintain without exercising the muscles for 6 weeks and you won't lose any of the muscle that you have "built"?
baldabek2000
5% products discount

Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
ok, funny cheek exercise, in order to be able to feel any movement in cheek muscles, and there is not much going on comparing to other exercises, I need to either move my lips just a bit, or wiggle my ears, or I am doing both. Is that right??? Rolling Eyes But mostly I am moving my ears!!! I just can not stop doing it Embarassed Is that ok?
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
Eventually you'll only need to do your 'occasional' exercises once every six weeks or so, and have a really short daily routine yay! Very Happy Cool

So, loulou, the facial muscles you build will maintain without exercising the muscles for 6 weeks and you won't lose any of the muscle that you have "built"?

Hi Rileygirl,

It varies, but yes, this may well happen. Once you reach the point where your muscles are as you like them, you can judge whether a muscle is building beyond what you want on an every fortnight schedule and back off from exercising it. The ex are quite intense... if you built your legs to where you want them you'd cut down drastically on how often you do squats. You could use lighter weights in that case, but if you want to maintain muscle it's quicker to continue with heavy work, but less often Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
baldabek2000 wrote:
ok, funny cheek exercise, in order to be able to feel any movement in cheek muscles, and there is not much going on comparing to other exercises, I need to either move my lips just a bit, or wiggle my ears, or I am doing both. Is that right??? Rolling Eyes But mostly I am moving my ears!!! I just can not stop doing it Embarassed Is that ok?

Hi Baldabek, if you're managing to do something that vaguely resembles the movement the ex asks for, you're doing fine, however many muscles you have to use at once. Eventually you'll come to recognise the muscle being exercised, but until then just keep doing what you're doing Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
I'm so sorry Stardust, I'm really grateful that you bought my book, and didn't mean to ignore you, just ran out of time yesterday Neutral

You're absolutely right about the buccinator muscle... it does pull the cheek area in under the cheekbone, and in my experience it takes a very long time to thicken, and when it does you'll notice it happening and cut back accordingly.

In general when some part of your face is as you'd like it, you can transfer the exercise into your 'occasional' list. Eventually you'll only need to do your 'occasional' exercises once every six weeks or so, and have a really short daily routine yay! Very Happy Cool

Thank you so much for your reply loulou.

That's answered my question perfectly and been a great help. x Smile
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
LULU ,
I got your book but can not find the videos anywhere I am more of a video person I thought I will see the videos once I pay for book but can not seem to find any videos... where is the link for video if any? I do not have time to go through the whole book but want to start the program need some help here...

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
LULU ,
I got your book but can not find the videos anywhere I am more of a video person I thought I will see the videos once I pay for book but can not seem to find any videos... where is the link for video if any? I do not have time to go through the whole book but want to start the program need some help here...

Hi Simple MD,

The link is on the last page of the book Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Hi Simple MD,

Found it thanks ...BTW you are lovely:)

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
venus108

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I went for it and bought the book this evening, the downloadable version. However the link for the video at the back of the book didn't work. It took me to the photobucket page but it said that the video wasnt available.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
venus108 wrote:
Hi, I went for it and bought the book this evening, the downloadable version. However the link for the video at the back of the book didn't work. It took me to the photobucket page but it said that the video wasnt available.

Hi Venus,

The videos are just under where it says that... there are two of them in little screens, just click one to play it.

I don't know why photobucket always says that, but it's not true!

Thank you for buying my book x Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
Hi Simple MD,

Found it thanks ...BTW you are lovely:)

Thank you, that's lovely of you to say xx

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
hi loulou

just wondering if the email address on your website works and if the forum works as i have emailed a question on there and also emailed it to the email address on the site last week but didnt hear anything back

thanks
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Otherloulou, where i can found the Emoticons, the one i can give you a big kiss, because you deserve it.

I start to see great improved and i'm only on my one month and half on your program.

This is the best 10$ i spend for many years.

Sorry for my English but i'm better in French.

Manon
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
Otherloulou, where i can found the Emoticons, the one i can give you a big kiss, because you deserve it.

Great idea Manon! Here's a big old smooch from all of us LouLou...

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Kassy that is so cute!
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A, thanks for your emoticons, you found the right one for the right girl.

Thanks again.

Manon
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have the most amazing story SmileSmileSmile

I went in to see a client today. The first lady to come into the meeting sat down and said, "You look different. What have you done?" I asked if it was my dark contacts and she said no that this wasn't it but that I definitely looked different. (She didn't say better or worse, haha.) This went on for a couple of minutes. Then the main male client joined us and he was staring at me...in a puzzled sort of way so I jokingly said, "Why are you looking at me like that. Do you think I look different as well?" His response was yes. So then we talked about facial exercise and I did a little demo for the five people there.

My husband thought this was very telling, (although he says I look the same to him). I'm just going to send them the Ageless link. I can't for the life of me come up with any other reason I might look so different that someone who hasn't seen me for four months would be puzzled enough to comment on it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
That's awesome Antonia. Your hubby sees you all the time so it's harder for him to see the changes. Those you don't see often are gonnabea commenting. Very Happy
If we all give out LouLou's link when we get the comments, she's going to become world famous! And deservingly so.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps she could start an MLM program! It was quite amazing to me and, as I said, I didn't hear that it was a change for the better - just that I look "different." To me it's way better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Antonia,
That is just amazing..i wonder how people will respond to you in another couple of months!!!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Loulou..you really are so stunning..and your face is so exquisitely sculpted..and the effects are so dramatic with all who do your exercises...that it seems like you can go as far as you want to go with making a 'name' for yourself with Ageless.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've got to chime in to thank you as well, LouLou. I've been at it for about six weeks now and am seeing a much more sculpted look to my face. I'm thrilled with the results thus far!!! Very Happy Very Happy This is the best skin care investment that I've made in years. Ladies...forget the gadgets that cost a fortune and produce so little in the way of results. Most of mine are sitting in my closet right now.
This works, is inexpensive and is simple to do.
Frankly it's changed my way of thinking about skin care.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Everybody, I've just started reading this thread. VERY interesting. I have 2 questions, please. With facial excercise, don't you risk more wrinkling with the repetitive movement? And, my face has flattened and is thin. The last thing I want to do is slim it down. I wish my face were rounder, but it is oblong.
Anyway, I'll eagerly look forward to any responses. Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |