Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Cow, JenJ! Not only don't you look 46, but I would have thought even younger than the nurses' guess.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ, You look ab fab! Beautiful!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
AllieJ wrote:
Hi, Just wondering if anyone has had any look with the brow area, do the day one and day two exercises make any difference to this part of the face? Def confusing to know what to do there.

The brow exercises are part of the alternative section. Alternative 1 and Alternative 2.

Jen - You look fantastic!

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
thanks so much for providing so much great info.

i was really bumming out about my deepening marionette lines, sagging skin under the brows, and "elevenses" and considering Botox/fillers when i came across Ageless on another forum.

LouLou you are so lovely: i saw the vid before knowing your age and i was certain you were in your mid-twenties!

i've downloaded LouLou's book and have spent some time reading it, watching the vid, practicing, and skimming this whole thread; i think i've got the hang of it. forgive me if this has been posted before but massaging seems to be helping already. is it possible to massage too much? is twice a day a bad idea?

thanks again!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
newme wrote:
Hi everyone,

i was really bumming out about my deepening marionette lines, sagging skin under the brows, and "elevenses" and considering Botox/fillers when i came across Ageless on another forum.

LouLou you are so lovely: i saw the vid before knowing your age and i was certain you were in your mid-twenties!

i've downloaded LouLou's book and have spent some time reading it, watching the vid, practicing, and skimming this whole thread; i think i've got the hang of it. forgive me if this has been posted before but massaging seems to be helping already. is it possible to massage too much? is twice a day a bad idea?

thanks again!

Welcome to EDS...I like your alias!!!

On what other forum did you hear about Ageless? (I'm just being nosy, lol)

As far as doing massage 2x a day....personally I think that is a lot, though I suppose it would depend on the intensity. But keep in mind that the more you do to your face (including the exercises), the more tired your face can look...that is part of the reason that LL advocates taking a day off between exercises.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
newme wrote:
Hi everyone,

thanks again!

Welcome to EDS...I like your alias!!!

On what other forum did you hear about Ageless? (I'm just being nosy, lol)

As far as doing massage 2x a day....personally I think that is a lot, though I suppose it would depend on the intensity. But keep in mind that the more you do to your face (including the exercises), the more tired your face can look...that is part of the reason that LL advocates taking a day off between exercises.

thanks, Bethany! btw, your pics look awesome! i really hope i have as much success as you have, esp with those pesky marionette lines.

i think you're right, massage 2x/day is too much. i'm just impatient to get results!

i believe i saw Ageless mentioned on a cosmetic surgery forum (make me heal) in the botox/fillers section.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
newme wrote:
thanks, Bethany! btw, your pics look awesome! i really hope i have as much success as you have, esp with those pesky marionette lines.

i think you're right, massage 2x/day is too much. i'm just impatient to get results!

i believe i saw Ageless mentioned on a cosmetic surgery forum (make me heal) in the botox/fillers section.

I have spent a TON on fillers (and Botox) over the last 3 years, so with the economy in the tank, it is nice to have a cheap alternative!

Be sure to take a full face before pic so that you can compare your progress....it is amazing what you miss just looking in the mirror every day. And don't worry, you don't have to share the pics with everyone here. Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Does your book cover anything about reducing facial baby fat? I'm 25 and for some reason, my baby facial fat never went away.

If it does, how long before you should expect results? thank you

I'm assuming, I just have to download the book on the site right?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
scoobyoov wrote:
Does your book cover anything about reducing facial baby fat? I'm 25 and for some reason, my baby facial fat never went away.

If it does, how long before you should expect results? thank you

I'm assuming, I just have to download the book on the site right?

LL does not post here often, so we'll try and answer for her.

The book does not address reducing facial fat...it focuses on sculpting your face as I mentioned in my post to you below, which can actually make it LOOK like you lost facial fat.

You still have not mentioned WHERE you have facial fat (under your chin, in your cheeks?) but I saw definition show up in my cheeks within 2 months. Maybe some other people can fill you in on timelines as well.

And you can either download the book, or order the hardcopy version...the link is on page 1 of this thread.

bethany wrote:
I would recommend starting the Ageless if You Dare facial exercises...5 mins a day/4 days a week. It's only $10 for the download, and can totally make your cheeks look sculpted, make a double chin disappear, and keep you looking awesome without plastic surgery, Botox, etc. loooong down the road. I only WISH that I had started this at your age!

Here is the Ageless thread on the Tool forum...ordering info is on page 1. I posted some progress pics on page 44, but they are of my marionette lines (something you probably don't have...but never will if you start now!) But my cheeks now have hollows under the cheekbones, and don't look round and chubby anymore.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539

BTW, a year ago my friend had the identical concern, and I sent him to my plastic surgeon...he had lipo done under his cheek bones to sculpt them a bit. Cost - $4,000. Too bad I didn't know about this back then! Embarassed Shock Embarassed

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
AllieJ...Loulou answered some posts about the brow area earlier in this thread..when she was answering questions here frequently..

if you haven't read through this thread yet it would probably be helpful to you(you can skip over the parts that aren't of interest to you) because loulou describes this so much better than i can.

but ..my understanding is that too much focused exercising in the brow area can temporarily deepen the lines there..although, eventually they will decrease as the exercising is continued..so LL is advocating only 'working' that area once a month

(LL gives a more nuanced answer..so, again, I think ..if you have time..you'll get so much more from reading her responses in her own words.)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ..you look so very beautiful..and so young in your photo.
Did you look very different before starting Ageless.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I know that this topic has been touched on earlier. The last few nights I've been reading through Flexeffect forums out of curiosity.

I came across LouLou's original post there, in 2007, with pictures of her transformation. (The same photos on the front of the Ageless book). She credited it entirely to Flexeffect. Lots of people posted praising her, as they rightly should.

There's no way I'm trying to discredit her, LouLou seems like a lovely person. But surely most people buying Ageless think her program is all they need to make such an incredible change (Flexeffect/previous facial exercises are not mentioned in the book).

I don't want anyone being misled, that's all.

And I do realise lots of people are reporting good results on here with Ageless alone. Just felt it had to be pointed out.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Seeing I don't have any deep forehead wrinkles (just very tiny and light superficial lines which are barely noticeable) I implement the forehead exercise in the monthly extra's with my Day #2 exercises every time. In doing them frequently and I have had no adverse reaction to doing so. Probably because I don't have creases on the forehead to begin with. But, the most noticeable difference for myself with Ageless has been the lift of my skin under my brows off my upper lid and I think that particular exercise has had something to do with it. I can't say what it would do for someone that has deep lines up there though in making them worse for a while.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:22 am      Reply with quote
ljk...you have a good point there. Those before and after pictures of LouLou are from her Flex Effect days...hadn't thought about that. To be safe, I'm doing both FE and Ageless!
ljk wrote:
I know that this topic has been touched on earlier. The last few nights I've been reading through Flexeffect forums out of curiosity.

I came across LouLou's original post there, in 2007, with pictures of her transformation. (The same photos on the front of the Ageless book). She credited it entirely to Flexeffect. Lots of people posted praising her, as they rightly should.

There's no way I'm trying to discredit her, LouLou seems like a lovely person. But surely most people buying Ageless think her program is all they need to make such an incredible change (Flexeffect/previous facial exercises are not mentioned in the book).

And I do realise lots of people are reporting good results on here with Ageless alone. Just felt it had to be pointed out.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Seeing I don't have any deep forehead wrinkles (just very tiny and light superficial lines which are barely noticeable) I implement the forehead exercise in the monthly extra's with my Day #2 exercises every time. In doing them frequently and I have had no adverse reaction to doing so.

That's good news, bren21. My forehead condition sounds similar to yours, and I would like to improve it by adding these exercises also.

I was afraid to start doing them too often, but if you aren't having any problems, I think I will give it a try. If it does become too much, I can always back off on those.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Thank you for the compliments!

Jasminerosey, to answer your question...no, I didn't look all that different prior to beginning facial exercise. In my 20s & 30s, I worked as a makeup artist for various skincare lines, so I've always had an interest in skincare and taking care of my skin. My Mom has always been into health, so I was raised with really good habits and that plays a big part as we all know.

What facial exercise/massage done for me, it has thickened my skin, even more so than Retin A and I continue to see results in that area with taking the liquid silica (even less hair fall out in the shower). Facial exercise has provided a nice lift to my mid face/cheek area and my eyes do appear to be wider-opened.

My concern, and you really can't see it in my pic due to my position..is a slight loosening under the jowls/chin, so I'm working hard on that. But I have no qualms to looking into under-chin lipo if that area doesn't respond as I hope that it will. Silica is also said to firm the skin, so as it's only been 2 months since I've started taking it I do think it's going to make a difference.

I'm trying to be very conscious on my providing the best nutrition internally and topically since healthy, strong cells = healthy, strong, youthful-looking skin.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
ljk...you have a good point there. Those before and after pictures of LouLou are from her Flex Effect days...hadn't thought about that. To be safe, I'm doing both FE and Ageless!

Embarassed Thanks, mountaingirl, I wasn't sure what reaction my post would get! I really want Ageless to work for me and everyone else. I wish LouLou every success, but I couldn't keep it in!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Ageless Official Web Site and Forum
Those interested in asking LouLou questions and getting answers first hand directly from LouLou can do so on Ageless official web site.

Below is a quick Ageless related reference info.

Official Web Site
http://louiseannette.co.uk/

Ageless Official Forum
http://louiseannette.co.uk/page_1224748238484.html

Secondary Forum
http://members4.boardhost.com/ageless

Book Download
(publishing company)

http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

otherloulou wrote:
Hi everyone, I've started to get confused about who has asked what, who needs a reply, etc... there's so much going on in this one thread, so I've started a message board in order to separate out the various topics. Please post whatever you'd like to ask.
http://members4.boardhost.com/ageless/index.html?1233335582
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

Embarassed Thanks, mountaingirl, I wasn't sure what reaction my post would get! I really want Ageless to work for me and everyone else. I wish LouLou every success, but I couldn't keep it in!

I think it is only good to be exposed to multiple programs, and being able to get the best of all worlds. Very Happy All of us are different with different needs, as well as the ways to get to the destination. Many members (mostly with FE background) incorporate elements from both FE and Ageless. I personally use elements from several programs, and variations of those that I found over time work well for me.

LouLou is wonderful, and provides great support!!! Smile
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:

I understand the concern, but no one is being misled, not even close Smile

I asked her about this in the beginning, I'm pretty sure it was right here in the thread (slightly later in the thread though, as I didn't discover Ageless until early December)... In any event, she explained to me that though she had already been significantly tweaking the FE routine by then (i.e. selectively exercising certain muscles, on a different schedule), she credited FE because that was the program they were all doing and she was a trainer for that board. She also said that while FE did give her great results, the transformation continued and improved after she began to make her own modifications. At one point someone posted more recent pics of her here, where the results of HER program alone can be plainly seen, but those photots may have been removed.

In any event, her videos were just done in December, and they leave absolutely NO room for doubt that Ageless works, all by itself. FE is fine if people wish to supplement but it is not at all necessary.

Hope that helps!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Agree.
Ljk: Like many/most here I was aware of Lou Lou's initial impressive results from FE. Many of us (as mpstat stated) do both - using what we like and what works best.
For me - it was Lou Lou's results that drew me to FE in the first place.

Lou Lou has never tried to hide from her Fe beginnings. - she's front and center.

Lou Lou has now taken what she knows - as a trainer and a success story and gone a step further in devising her own program - something that she believes in and that most of us are seeing incredible results from. Truly for most the real beauty is in the time involved and no sacrifice in results.

That said - I have many favorite FE exercises.

Lowbrowscientist wrote:
ljk wrote:

I asked her about this in the beginning, I'm pretty sure it was right here in the thread (slightly later in the thread though, as I didn't discover Ageless until early December)... In any event, she explained to me that though she had already been significantly tweaking the FE routine by then (i.e. selectively exercising certain muscles, on a different schedule), she credited FE because that was the program they were all doing and she was a trainer for that board. She also said that while FE did give her great results, the transformation continued and improved after she began to make her own modifications. At one point someone posted more recent pics of her here, where the results of HER program alone can be plainly seen, but those photots may have been removed.

In any event, her videos were just done in December, and they leave absolutely NO room for doubt that Ageless works, all by itself. FE is fine if people wish to supplement but it is not at all necessary.

Hope that helps!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bren21,
nice to hear your voice again on the forum..i've missed your in the recent past!

and...yes..Loulou has said that how often to exercise the brow area is a 'grey' area (my words)..in that it can potentially deepen lines (which she has said will eventually flatten)..but does also lift the area..so she has left it up to us to decide what to do given our particular facial situation and desire..

Mpstat..thanks for posting the links to Loulou's forum!

moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:31 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

ljk - i admire your candidness ( i always seem to get in trouble for pointing out the emperor is naked)-- that said, i asked loulou to elaborate on FE and Agless - does she still to do FE...etc. -- I LOVE LOULOU - she's brilliant articulate and very clever - that she created a program is no suprise - but i'm w/ mountain girl - to be on the safe side i'm doing both (you can see my post on the --do you do facial ex. thread) and if you go back a bit on this thread - you can see where i asked loulou...
m
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
ljk wrote:

Hope that helps!

LBS -
this is new information to me - thank you for posting it 'cause i think we do have a lot of questions about how exactly she got to her present look (those of us that know her from FE). It feels a little silly to be taking all of this so seriously, but i'm concerned about my recent facial excercising set-backs...
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Update on LouLou's exercise program. I've been concentrating on the lip raising exercises, especially those involving the caninus. I swear that my upper lip is rolling out more and the philtrum is (marginally) shorter. I've had a longish philtrum my whole life (my mom and one of my sisters had/has no visible upper lip at all). I'll wait a few more weeks and post pics (just of the lip area this time as I'm concerned about abuse). I am also doing the bunny twitch exercise from Yoga Face, which I believe works the caninus as it results in a snarl.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |