Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Good question. I struggled with the poking too, then I found that it is more comfortable to use the side of the index finger, and the inner surface of the thumb (to gab the flesh). So I do not use the finger tips anymore, and nails are sort of parallel to the skin, and do not bother it.
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've never done facial exercises but I did download Ageless if You Dare today and I'm trying to understand how to do the exercises correctly. I went to the website listed in the book to watch the video but there is no sound -- is there another video I can watch? I'm very excited to do these! TIA
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Merrylass wrote:
I've never done facial exercises but I did download Ageless if You Dare today and I'm trying to understand how to do the exercises correctly. I went to the website listed in the book to watch the video but there is no sound -- is there another video I can watch? I'm very excited to do these! TIA

This is the only video available and there is no sound. I think if you follow along with the book and use this video you will be fine.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toby. Undoubtedly I will have questions and I'm sure the kind ladies here will help me out!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
ella-stella wrote:
Good question. I struggled with the poking too, then I found that it is more comfortable to use the side of the index finger, and the inner surface of the thumb (to gab the flesh). So I do not use the finger tips anymore, and nails are sort of parallel to the skin, and do not bother it.

Yah, i use the side of my fingers but for thumbs I still use the tips, so I cut them way down. Sad
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Merrylass wrote:
Thanks, Toby. Undoubtedly I will have questions and I'm sure the kind ladies here will help me out!

I'm sure everyone will try to help you. I myself only watched the videos this morning. Before (the past 2 months or so) I just read the book and did the exercises based on my interpretation. The video does help a bit. I am still not sure about the alternative exercises if I do them right or not. Embarassed
Petal47

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi there everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

I started on the Ageless program just last week, and also have the Tua Viso.

My idea is to do the Tua Viso one night, the full Ageless program the next night etc. over six days per week, then have one day off when I might be a bit pushed for time.

I'll see how this goes .....

Pauline
KarenB

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I have the book I just need to find the time to do it! I have been on the site lurking for years. You all have such great infromation that you share!!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
KarenB wrote:
I have the book I just need to find the time to do it! I have been on the site lurking for years. You all have such great infromation that you share!!!

KarenB - The time for Ageless is a minimal issue - about 5-6 min a day. That's part of the reasons we all love it so much Very Happy . Five minutes is easily wasted in so many other ways.
mustardseed

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only guy here doing these exercises? lol
Please dont tell my guy friends.
Got the book yesterday and love it. Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you mustardseed. No, we have guys doing facial exercises. Actually one guy is Sean from Flex Effect - a different program but he is a stong advocate.
You'll have a firm, strong face when all the other guys hit sag mode.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
LOL your definitely not the only guy, but your one of the braver ones who admits to doing it (like myself). I think many guys do it - but are a little too embarassed to admit to it and I suspect there are quite a few Hollywood guys who do it too! Laughing
mustardseed wrote:

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
mustardseed wrote:

Hi Mustardseed - welcome to the forum - we love to see guys here! Here is a link to a man who has a site devoted to facial excercise. He's older but really looks GREAT!
http://www.shapeyourface.com
He also claims to be able to reverse hair loss through scalp excercise.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Also Jack Lalanne had his own system of facial exercises.... as I said before, I am sure there are lots out there. I think someone posted a little while ago some youtube videos someone had designed also! We need more men owning up to doing them and showing how good they are! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Jack Lalanne - what a cool guy.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
We need more men owning up to doing them and showing how good they are! Laughing

You tell em Sean.. Laughing

It dawned on me a while ago that I rarely if ever see a man with the dreaded jowling + NL folds that most women wind up with.. Me's thinkin all those daily contortions while shaving is saving their arses.. Bad Grin

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
The exercises havent done anything for my crows feet Sad but my cheek bones seem more defined.

Has anyone seen a difference about the eyes.

Someone thought my older sister was younger than me the other day Sad which was kinda disheartening especially when she actually has much worse lines than me around the eyes!

Sun May 03, 2009 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Anyone else slap their face for around 2 minutes after facial exercises and massage? I read that it is beneficial. I learned in massage therapy school years ago about tapotement (slapping, hacking, beating, of the skin)
It sure is refreshing afterwards.Do this in private or else they might have you commited...lol
Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
mustardseed wrote:
Anyone else slap their face for around 2 minutes after facial exercises and massage? I read that it is beneficial. I learned in massage therapy school years ago about tapotement (slapping, hacking, beating, of the skin)
It sure is refreshing afterwards.Do this in private or else they might have you commited...lol
Very Happy

Welcome and thanks for sharing the more aggressive massage technique....I find it makes a big difference.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
LOL you know Kassy, I can't remember if it was EDS or somewhere else, but there was a little thread a little while ago where some ladies were doing the shaving thing..... all over! Thats dedication for sure and not something I want to be recommending, but I did find it interesting that the women who were doing it did report benefits.

I think with men their hormones when they are still relatively young go in their favour in the aging process, but when in a guy they become unbalanced, men can literally put 10-20 years on overnight! So in some respects we are lucky but in other ways, we're not.

Kassy_A wrote:
SeanySeanUK wrote:
We need more men owning up to doing them and showing how good they are! Laughing

You tell em Sean.. Laughing

It dawned on me a while ago that I rarely if ever see a man with the dreaded jowling + NL folds that most women wind up with.. Me's thinkin all those daily contortions while shaving is saving their arses.. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Yep I learned that in my massage classes years ago. Interestingly enough, after each section of massage in the FlexEffect book, Deb advises people to do a tapping motion. It is a great way I found of signalling to my brain that the massage is over and it feels wonderful and really helps to wake me up! Laughing
mustardseed wrote:
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
This is my initial assessment of Ageless. As you might have known if you read my earlier posts that I started the Ageless program about maybe 2 months ago. I began with once a week for each day exercise not by design but rather I did not quite have the time and did not make time for it. This went on for 2 or 3 weeks. Then I started more serious and moved to twice a week for another 2 weeks to 3 weeks. Now I have upped to daily, doing both days exercises every day 5-6 times a week.

So finally I am starting to notice the undereye area has flatten out. I now have a well-defined crease when smiling big, but it is not a wrinkle, just a normal crease everyone has when smile. Before Ageless, I did not have a one line crease, but rather a lot of small lines making them look crepey. I am giving credit of this change to Ageless mainly because I feel it's coming from the muscles rather than the skin.

I must also add that I've been using my own homemade pearl cream which helps to hydrate the skin all over my face. I think the combination of Ageless and using pearl cream really help my overall complexion and muscle tone. I am definitely seeing a very positive change. Even my friend's husband noticed and thought I had a plastic surgery. He had not seen me in about 5 months.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add that I do notice my cheeks being higher, which I think is one of the reasons my undereye area is looking better. My nose to mouth lines have flattened out, too. I still have a small line right under my nose, but there is no more line close to the corner of mouth area.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 07, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to comment on one of the previous posts that referred to LouLou's recommendation to cut back or stop doing crush exercises if your nose to mouth lines get worse.

I noticed that my nose to mouth lines get worse after I do the Roar exercise (last exercise on the Day 1 list). The lines don't look worse after crush.

So I wonder why LouLou recommended stop doing crush and not the roar one.
cheesetoastie
5% products discount

Thu May 07, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bira,
I post as 'Lee' over on the Ageless forum, and in answer to my plan to leave out # 5 & 6 (to avoid increasing NL fold/hollow cheeks), Lou-Lou replied: Yes, you'll still get results if you leave out #6 and #5, but it'd be better to leave #5 in, or at least do it occasionally beccause the n/l issue is just a post-exercise hangover.
And she adds: It's wise to stick to a small amount of exercise to allow lots of recovery.

I'm taking that to mean 'only temporary'. Being new to Ageless (wk 3), I can't really add much from my own experience yet; I don't have a full NL fold, but do have that NL pouch-thingie, where nose meets cheek (think that's the technical term), and having just re-started #5 think it is looking a little worse, but TBH it's too early for me to tell. Maybe I'll just introduce it slowly (once a week) and report back.
Hope that helps.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |